Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti (7075 Views)

Osisioma Flyover In Aba Is Now Completed / Fulani Herdsmen Menace Is Gradually Phasing Out In The South / "Aba Is Dead" - Jane Ogbauta Gives Ikpeazu 100-Day Ultimatum To Fix Roads Or.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by Workch: 8:36am On Aug 04, 2023
onyidon21:
One thing I noticed in all the roads being constructed under Alex in Aba is that no demolition is being made. This was made possible because Aba is well-planned. This cannot be said for Nnewi and Onitsha which are not well-planned, especially Nnewi. I've always known that transforming Aba into a more modern city is not a difficult thing to do. All that it required was just a decent governor who genuinely has the will to do it. I don't know under whose administration Aba was planned, but one thing I know is that the person did an excellent job in planning the city.
the picture you posted is Umuahia though
Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by Workch: 8:38am On Aug 04, 2023
Rossikk:

Don't mind the stupid moro.ns.

I JUST DON'T KNOW WHY THESE NIGERIAN LEADERS FIND IT SO HARD TO BUILD ROADS WITH SIDEWALKS AND COVERED DRAINS, AS IS DONE EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD.

THEY JUST BUILD THIS PRIMITIVE NONSENSE THAT WOULD LEAD TO LAWSUITS IN EVERY SANE COUNTRY ON EARTH.

How can supposedly intelligent people build a road in a residential area with ZERO provision for pedestrians?

Are pedestrians not taxpayers?

Is infrastructure only for car owners?

Where are people supposed to walk in that rubbish you built?

This is how a street should look:

WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT BUILDING YOUR STREETS LIKE THIS?

WHERE IS THE OPEN GUTTER HERE?

OR DOES RAIN NOT FALL IN THIS PLACE?

These stupid governors travel to all these places and own houses there.

Why do they see this there and then come back to Nigeria and build roads with open gutters and no sidewalks?

And then to make it worse, you have these local sycophants who PRAISE them for building the roads.

Some even PRAISE them for building the ''drainages'' ie open gutters.

It's just sad.

Pure backwardness of the mind.

This is a major reason tourists rarely come to Nigeria.

Who wants to walk on sand beside filthy open gutters?

A country where pedestrian sidewalks - basic infrastructure - are seen as a luxury?

Rubbish.

most of the roads being constructed now are inner roads that will serve as alternatives for cummuters when the major road works commences.
The major roads in Aba will be enlarged with pedestrian walkways but he needs to created alternative first to ease traffic. The only major road here is cementary road and you can see that it's has covered drianges with pedestrian walkway.

9 Likes

Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by Workch: 9:21am On Aug 04, 2023
Rehabilitation work going on on Aba/Owerri road.
This is a palliative measure to ease traffic on thay road. The road will soon be totally rehabilitated because it's an important entry point for those coming from Enugu, Owerri, Lagos, Onitsha and Umuahia.

You will observe that they are not just covering pot holes, they are desilting and opening up the drainages.

3 Likes

Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by Workch: 9:32am On Aug 04, 2023
Otti Visted this road on thr 6th of July and on the 26th of July, the road has gotten to this level.

Person wey Wan work go work, no excuses

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by Penguin2: 9:38am On Aug 04, 2023
Workch:
Demolitions might occur when he starts working on Aba/Owerri road. It's going to be enlarged.
What of Port Harcourt road? Any plans for it?
Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by OVB123: 9:43am On Aug 04, 2023
Abufo:

Soludo slightly misfired by not concentrating on Onitsha,Awka and Nnewi roads...........instead he started works with rural roads! He has regained some momentum lately!
Which momentum? Soludo is a monumental and collosal failure.

1 Like

Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by Workch: 9:51am On Aug 04, 2023
Penguin2:

What of Port Harcourt road? Any plans for it?
The contract for port Harcourt road has already been given to Julius berger.

Julius Beger will also construct Obohia road.

7 Likes

Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by EngrKemp: 10:12am On Aug 04, 2023
Workch:
Construction is also going on along college road in Aba, just in 3 weeks.

How are they this fast?

Please which college road?
At iheorji Secondary school ohanKu?

What about ohanKu Road?

Evina road?

Obohia road?
Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by Ttipsy(f): 10:25am On Aug 04, 2023
Hedonisco:

Which one be Cemetery Road again
Yikes. They need to rename that miserable road abeg.
rename it to what?? Name like Alex otti Boulevard?

1 Like

Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by SOSinNigeria: 10:35am On Aug 04, 2023
Rossikk:

I JUST DON'T KNOW WHY THESE NIGERIAN LEADERS FIND IT SO HARD TO BUILD ROADS WITH SIDEWALKS AND COVERED DRAINS, AS IS DONE EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD.

THEY JUST BUILD THIS PRIMITIVE NONSENSE THAT WOULD LEAD TO LAWSUITS IN EVERY SANE COUNTRY ON EARTH.

How can supposedly intelligent people build a road in a residential area with ZERO provision for pedestrians?

Why do they see this there and then come back to Nigeria and build roads with open gutters and no sidewalks?

And then to make it worse, you have these local sycophants who PRAISE them for building the roads.

It's just sad.

A country where pedestrian sidewalks - basic infrastructure - are seen as a luxury?

Rubbish.

Lol, isn't it funny how you guys bring best global standards whenever it involves East yet you will be okay seeing Obomosho, abeokuta, Oshogbo, Ibadan and the rest looking like stone age settlements.

I encourage you to join us in demanding best practices from our governors while ignoring yours. At least, the result is already there for everyone see grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by Workch: 10:36am On Aug 04, 2023
EngrKemp:

What about ohanKu Road?

Evina road?

Obohia road?
Julius Berger will handle obohia road. Alternatives need to be created before handling major construction works

1 Like

Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by Workch: 10:38am On Aug 04, 2023
Ttipsy:
rename it to what?? Name like Alex otti Boulevard?
That's the old name anyways, the new name is Eziukwu market road.
We are just use to that old name

3 Likes

Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by fx45(m): 10:38am On Aug 04, 2023
MXrep:

A flyover at tower won't be a bad idea
Flyover to where? What do you need it for? There's no traffic there
Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by SOSinNigeria: 10:40am On Aug 04, 2023
EngrKemp:

What about ohanKu Road?

Evina road?

Obohia road?

Nna men, you need to be calming down. Aba has hundreds of roads, you don't expect Otti to work on all of them at the same time. Any road that isn't getting attention yet, keep mum and have patience. Their own turn will reach.

I'm so glad seeing Otti transforming Aba roads with so much passion. With 24/7 constant electricity supply to commence soon, I see Aba becoming Nigeria's most viable city.

3 Likes

Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by Penguin2: 11:29am On Aug 04, 2023
Workch:
The contract for port Harcourt road has already been given to Julius berger.

Julius Beger will also construct Obohia road.
Oh!

Good to hear!

Then should mobilize to site asap.
Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by BiafraAburi: 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2023
Workch:
the contract has been awarded to Julius berger
The road has been awarded to more than 20 contractors since 1990. We all saw when Julius Berger and Oti came for photo Ops, yet nothing has been don while other less important roads are being built. We all know that Portharcourt road will never be constructed until Biafra is restored and then our Biafran government will handle it in a new Aba city. Oti's fulani masters has warned him like others before him never to construct Portharcourt raod.
Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by BiafraAburi: 8:08pm On Aug 04, 2023
onyidon21:
One thing I noticed in all the roads being constructed under Alex in Aba is that no demolition is being made. This was made possible because Aba is well-planned. This cannot be said for Nnewi and Onitsha which are not well-planned, especially Nnewi. I've always known that transforming Aba into a more modern city is not a difficult thing to do. All that it required was just a decent governor who genuinely has the will to do it. I don't know under whose administration Aba was planned, but one thing I know is that the person did an excellent job in planning the city.
Under the great Michael Okpara, the then Premier of the Eastern Region.

1 Like

Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by BiafraAburi: 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
Rossikk:

It's just sad.

Rubbish.

Rosike, the foolish and naive one. You can't get better than what they are building for you in your cesspit, unless it's in Biafraland. Enjoy the cesspit gutters and stop pretending.
Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by BiafraAburi: 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Lol, isn't it funny how you guys bring best global standards whenever it involves East yet you will be okay seeing Obomosho, abeokuta, Oshogbo, Ibadan and the rest looking like stone age settlements.

I encourage you to join us in demanding best practices from our governors while ignoring yours. At least, the result is already there for everyone see grin grin
The fool you are responding to is Igbo. His name is Ross Ike. Just like you, he has been a monumental foolish cesspit supporter and both of you will be shamed with the emergence of Biafra.
Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by Emmanuel909090: 4:00am On Aug 05, 2023
Djoel:

Didn't you hear he was fetched from a motor park and made a state governor for personal gains by TA Orji? What do you expect from him? It is like having MC Oluomo run Lagos State for 8 years. Garbage in garbage out.
grin
Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by Rossikk(m): 4:26am On Aug 05, 2023
Workch:
most of the roads being constructed now are inner roads that will serve as alternatives for cummuters when the major road works commences.
The major roads in Aba will be enlarged with pedestrian walkways but he needs to created alternative first to ease traffic. The only major road here is cementary road and you can see that it's has covered drianges with pedestrian walkway.

Great! ....More of that please.

We cannot be answering Giant of Africa for nothing.

We want our streets to look like their counterparts in other parts of the world.

People there don't have two heads.
Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by Ulunne777(f): 9:34am On Aug 05, 2023
@Workch,It is time the new Ngwa road road from Asa to OUK bridge be cleared and slabs used to cover it .I could never understand leaving drainages open.
The sight I met the other day made me almost vomit.The drainages are filled with waste and so when the rain falls,the water remains on either side of the roads .It is Avery unpleasant sight.
The govt must meet with mkt union leaders to find a solution to this.
That beautiful road should not look the way I saw it.

Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by Workch: 8:56pm On Aug 09, 2023
Jubilee road, almost complete

Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by Workch: 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ulunne777:
@Workch,It is time the new Ngwa road road from Asa to OUK bridge be cleared and slabs used to cover it .I could never understand leaving drainages open.
The sight I met the other day made me almost vomit.The drainages are filled with waste and so when the rain falls,the water remains on either side of the roads .It is Avery unpleasant sight.
The govt must meet with mkt union leaders to find a solution to this.
That beautiful road should not look the way I saw it.
you close drainages, you need to do it in every part of the city else you will have issues in future removing clogged diets from it.

It's a big process
Re: Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti by paramakina202: 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2023
BiafraAburi:

The road has been awarded to more than 20 contractors since 1990. We all saw when Julius Berger and Oti came for photo Ops, yet nothing has been don while other less important roads are being built. We all know that Portharcourt road will never be constructed until Biafra is restored and then our Biafran government will handle it in a new Aba city. Oti's fulani masters has warned him like others before him never to construct Portharcourt raod.

Carry your Biafra commot from here biko.You will wait for Biafra tire ;Dwhile we move grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can any Nigerian force be this friendly? Selfie with force men on parades / Nigeria Airforce Spotted Preparing Breakfast For Skekau Picture / Ovie Of Otuo: Comrade Oshiomhole We Know You, We Will Deliver You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.