Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge (36052 Views)

FG Threatens To Open Border For Cement Importation / Anambra Election: FG Threatens State Of Emergency If Insecurity Continues / FG Threatens To Dismiss Workers Leaking Official Documents On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by plaindealer: 12:17am On Aug 04, 2023
FG threatens to block 2nd Niger Bridge

The Federal Government has lamented that the 2nd Niger Bridge may be blocked if miscreants continue to vandalise its metal components.

Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing, Mr. Mahmuda Mamman, stated this on Sunday, when he visited the bridge to ascertain the level of vandalisation.

He called on security agencies to intensity surveillance on the Bridge to curtail the activities of the miscreants, who he said were after the mental components.

He said: “We are here to see the level of vandalisation of the 2nd Niger Bridge. It was an unfortunate situation that all of us woke up to the trending news of vandalisation of some metal components on the bridge.

“This is a massive investment put up by the Federal Government to ease movement of goods and services to Nigeria. To me, free movement is a basic human right and all of us must take collective responsibility to safeguard it.

“We have interfaced with the contractor handling the project, Julius Berger, and it is really unfortunate. The Federal Government has actually done what it is supposed to do.

We have written to security agencies concerned, asking them to intensify surveillance activities along the road so that such things will not happen.

At the same time, host communities have a responsibility to play because safeguarding national asserts is not a responsibility of one man; it is a collective responsibility.

What the miscreants are actually after are the metal components on the bridge; anything metal, the miscreants are after it.

“And at the end of the day, if care is not taken, the entire bridge will become unmotorable.

“That is why it is good for us as stakeholders to make sure we safeguard this infrastructure in the interest of public good and the nation.”

On the delay in the completion of the project, he said: “We have interfaced with the contractor and he said the major challenge is security concerns.

“With the recent development, we are hoping that all things being equal, that is the commitment he gave us, in the next three weeks everything about the 2nd Niger Bridge will be completed.

“The bridge is still under maintenance by the construction company that built it and before the handing over, l am sure that most of the things that were vandalised are going to be replaced.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/2nd-niger-bridge-may-be-blocked-if-fg-laments/

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by raskymonojendor: 12:18am On Aug 04, 2023
They should please block it. It will prevent the parasites from the red mud region crossing over.

147 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by Bhella5(m): 12:18am On Aug 04, 2023
Awon omo akotile ta

160 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by Bhella5(m): 12:19am On Aug 04, 2023
raskymonojendor:
They should please block it. It will prevent the parasites from the red mud region crossing over.
Hahaha! O fe se won mo 'le. Ikaeniyan grin

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by trutharena: 12:21am On Aug 04, 2023
FG should just demolish the bridge once and for all. If possible, demolish the first Niger bridge too so these people can enjoy their beloved sit at home in their erosion region.

Na so their ancestor blow up the first bridge.

182 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by Biodun556(m): 12:22am On Aug 04, 2023
This is terrible. Why are these people like this?

If government failed to act we complain, if they do something reasonable, we destroy

150 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by JASONjnr(m): 12:33am On Aug 04, 2023
Vandalism of metal properties should be carefully looked into.

My colleague told me just yesterday that she is using generator for almost a year now....

Whenever they get cables to connect their light from the transformer, hoodlums will cut it midnight of that day. And this has been happening for almost 5months and 5hey decided to stop getting it ..

You dare not clean your house and bring out iron items out without those guys lurking around to steal them.

67 Likes

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by walefresh3(m): 12:43am On Aug 04, 2023
Later on now one stupid will be lieing to his zombies how nnewi people are rich not knowing 99% of them are cri........ Mi....... I don't want to finish it....

Sapa hungry people coming online to claim billionaires...
Hahahahahahah

152 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by MEEVEET: 1:23am On Aug 04, 2023
walefresh3:
Later on now one stupid will be lieing to his zombies how nnewi people are rich not knowing 99% of them are cri........ Mi....... I don't want to finish it....

Sapa hungry people coming online to claim billionaires...
Hahahahahahah
Nnewi man took your mother away from your father abi?

The engineers failed in the design of this projects for designing components that can easily be stolen

68 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by plaindealer: 2:09am On Aug 04, 2023
MEEVEET:

Nnewi man took your mother away from your father abi?

The engineers failed in the design of this projects for designing components that can easily be stolen

So, the engineers are responsible and they basically turned people into thieves and vandals because of the way the bridge was designed.

Stop blaming your criminal and antisocial behavior on other people, a thief is a thief and vandalism is vandalsim regardless of the design.

283 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by BoldBrainz(m): 2:51am On Aug 04, 2023
I was part of the Federal Government team that liaised with CCECC during the construction of the new bridge connecting Ikom in Cross River State to Cameroon through the Ekok/Mfum access corridor. While that project had attained 90percent completion, we returned to the project site one morning to realise that metal guard rails spanning about a kilometre and half in length had been loosened and made away with. Of course at that point, the company was obligated to replace them, having not handed over the finished project to the client yet, being the FG.

However, independent investigations on our part later revealed that the said guard rails were removed by components of the Chinese company, probably because they had thought since it was a tripartite project between the AFDB, the Cameroon and Nigerian governments, replacement of those rails was going to be shouldered by the funding body, being the AfDB in this case.

This is not to suggest or insinuate anything. Just putting the message out here, to leave room for imaginative possibilities.

58 Likes

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by plaindealer: 3:01am On Aug 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:
I was part of the Federal Government team that liaised with CCECC during the construction of the new bridge connecting Ikom in Cross River State to Cameroon through the Ekok/Mfum access corridor. While that project had attained 90percent completion, we returned to the project site one morning to realise that metal guard rails spanning about a kilometre and half in length had been loosened and made away with. Of course at that point, the company was obligated to replace them, having not handed over the finished project to the client yet, being the FG.

However, independent investigations on our part later revealed that the said guard rails were removed by components of the Chinese company, probably because they had thought since it was a tripartite project between the AFDB, the Cameroon and Nigerian governments, replacement of those rails was going to be shouldered by the funding body, being the AfDB in this case.

This is not to suggest or insinuate anything. Just putting the message out here, to leave room for imaginative possibilities.

BoldBrainz:

Leave Peter Obi alone. Focus on your dusty looking Iragbiji ancestor

I don't believe your trash, your people's default is always to absolve igbo people and redirect the blame elsewhere.

Your disclaimer doesn't wash away your deception, we know what you implied, that the vandals in Anambra could be Julius Berger, the contractor and not igbo thieves and vandals.

Sad.

194 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by BoldBrainz(m): 3:06am On Aug 04, 2023
plaindealer:

[b][/b]

I don't believe your trash, your people's default is always to absolve igbo people and redirect the blame elsewhere.

Your disclaimer doesn't wash away your deception, we know what you implied, that the vandals in Anambra could be Julius Berger, the contractor and not igbo thieves and vandals.

Sad.

That's your bloody business, son grin.

I made what point I felt the need to. Whatever you make of it, is solely your slice of beef to dice..

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by MEEVEET: 3:28am On Aug 04, 2023
plaindealer:

So, the engineers are responsible and they basically turned people into thieves and vandals because of the way the bridge was designed.

Stop blaming your criminal and antisocial behavior on other people, a thief is a thief and vandalism is vandalsim regardless of the design.
As an engineer we are trained to put realities into our designs . .. Behavior of idiots is considered

And mind u Vandalization is worse in your region

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by beerfraud: 3:38am On Aug 04, 2023
This is the one of the reasons why Buhari did not let railway track pass through south east
Those people can steal anything

122 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by Akanbiedu(m): 3:47am On Aug 04, 2023
beerfraud:
This is the one of the reason why Buhari did not let railway track pass through south east
Those people can steal anything

LOL

16 Likes

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by plaindealer: 4:55am On Aug 04, 2023
MEEVEET:

As an engineer we are trained to put realities into our designs . .. Behavior of idiots is considered

So, na [poor design turn igbo people into thieves and vandals?

What kind of dumb and ignorant engeeneers questions the standard bridge construction engineering best practices?

Must be Aba or Nnewi bricklayer like you.

Even sef, do you mean igbo people turned to thieves and vandals because they do the same thing in Lagos?

Abi you mean you are allowed to rob banks and rape women because other people are doing the same thing?

Do you not see how mentally warped and retarrded you sound?

127 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by KingLennon(m): 4:57am On Aug 04, 2023
Biodun556:
This is terrible. Why this people like this?

If government failed to act we complain, if they do something reasonable, we destroy
Things are hard in the country. People in the streets need to breathe that's why they steal those metals sad

1 Like

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by KingLennon(m): 4:58am On Aug 04, 2023
FG should block the hardship first smiley

1 Like

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by plaindealer: 5:12am On Aug 04, 2023
MEEVEET:

Even in Lagos, na ya criminal element brothers dey vandalize rail tracks, all over the country, na you and your brothers so the joke is on you..

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by Fasindo: 5:35am On Aug 04, 2023
shocked

Instead of providing security at the bridge to ensure there is no repetition of the act and possibly arrest the vandals they are talking of closing the bridge.

Anyway, those stealing the iron are not igbos cos all the Igbos are observing sit at home so the vandals most be foreigners who ain't observing the sit at home.

When are they going to block all the roads in Maitama, Wuse and Central areas that all the aboki all condemn hunters has stolen all the irons used to cover the underground drainage system.

There is hardly a day that people don't fall into those holes due to the removal of the iron used to cover it by northerner iron condemn hunters.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by allthingsgood: 5:38am On Aug 04, 2023
Igbo grin

21 Likes

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by Bestmanfornow: 5:54am On Aug 04, 2023
plaindealer:

Even in Lagos, na ya criminal element brothers dey vandalize rail tracks, all over the country, na you and your brothers so the joke is on you..

Just to smear Igbos you went to pick unreliable source, propaganda like you, this is from daily independent, we know north are the ones doing scrab business all over the country, here in Anambra they're the ones, because it happened in the region you hate so much you now push it to Igbos

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by Bestmanfornow: 6:00am On Aug 04, 2023
plaindealer:

These are the guys doing scrap metals business all over Nigeria and vandalising both public and private properties but because you're slave to them you exonerate them and quick to tag Igbos, this is exactly what Tinubu did when daughter of Yoruba leader was killed in Ondo

In Ogun railway lines vandalism some Yorubas collaborated with northerners, FG should have close the railway line because of vandalism

5 Likes

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by Bestmanfornow: 6:17am On Aug 04, 2023
plaindealer:

The should close the railway lines or Lagos airport runway, because of vandalism ndi are, one it happen in Igbo land it become a special case, may be they're not happy that Julius berger has completed the second Niger bridge they being doing politics with, through PPP, they are finding means to close the bridge wicked souls

These are the guys vandalising both private and public properties in Nigeria I'm yet to see Anambra man pushing cat and picking scrap metals

8 Likes

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by plaindealer: 6:34am On Aug 04, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Just to smear Igbos you went to pick unreliable source, propaganda like you, this is from daily independent, we know north are the ones doing scrab business all over the country, here in Anambra they're the ones, because it happened in the region you hate so much you now push it to Igbos

So, northerners are the ones vandalizing the bridge in your Anambra village?

.. but why are your village brothers vandalizing rail tracks in Lagos and Ibadan?

The difference between me and you tribal bigots is the fact that I have no sympathy for any Yoruba vandal and criminal elements and I'll never defend or protect them or even come up with dumb excuses and silly rubbish like other people are doing it too?

You people just can not accept responsibility for your horrible actions, you always come up with dumb defense.

This is the reason why you are sit at home slaves and why you and your leaders can not raise your weak voice against your ipob terrorists....but when it's outside you're region, you quickly sharp mouth..

This is why we don't take you people seriously, you are all self destructive criminal elements.

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by beerfraud: 6:41am On Aug 04, 2023
plaindealer:

.. but why are your village brothers vandalizing rail tracks in Lagos and Ibadan?

The difference between me and you tribal bigots is the fact that I have no sympathy for any Yoruba vandal and criminal elements and I'll never defend or protect them or even come up with dumb excuses and silly rubbish like other people are doing it too?

You people just can not accept responsibility for your horrible actions, you always come up with dumb defense.

This is the reason why you are sit at home slaves and why you and your leaders can not raise your weak voice against your ipob terrorists....but when it's outside you're region, you quickly sharp mouth..

This is why we don't take you people seriously, you are all self destructive criminal elements.

Comrade you know them very well

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by Bestmanfornow: 6:53am On Aug 04, 2023
plaindealer:

See number one tribal bigot on Nairaland
Your brothers and northerners are the ones vandalising public properties in your region, stop tagging Igbos, go through the list

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by Bestmanfornow: 7:04am On Aug 04, 2023
plaindealer:

You posted news from unreliable source and tagged them Igbos and I showed you the real source and the names

3 Likes

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by plaindealer: 7:05am On Aug 04, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

See number one tribal bigot on Nairaland
Your brothers and northerners are the ones vandalising public properties in your region, stop tagging Igbos, go through the list

...Yoruba, Hausa or igbo vandals are all criminals and must be condemned, but when it comes to you igbo tribal bigots and defenders of criminal elements, you cannot condemn igbop criminals, your default and defense mechanism is to shout and yell that Yoruba and Hausa poeple are doing it too.

..long story short, igbo people should be allowed and excused to commit crimes because other people are doing it too..

You are all sit-at-home slaves because you cannot condemn or fight terrorists, you defend and support them, you losers are not used to condemning criminal elements, your default is to first defend them and point fingers elsewhere, that's your criminally minded tactics, we know this already.

Silly bigot.

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by plaindealer: 7:06am On Aug 04, 2023
beerfraud:
Comrade you know them very well

They are not known to be bright and intelligent, they are too criminally minded,

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vandalism. FG Threatens To Block 2nd Niger Bridge by Bestmanfornow: 7:10am On Aug 04, 2023
plaindealer:

Show me reliable news you got that from

See another vandalism I guess they are Igbos

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Dances & Exercises To Keep Himself Fit (Video) / Buhari Meets Young Nigerians In Washington D.C / Governor Okowa's Branded Bags Of Rice With Accord Party Surface (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.