Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide (1228 Views)

My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time / A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by DenreleDave(m): 12:46pm On Aug 05, 2023
Hello guys, trust you all are doing well?

I brought this matter to the public to see if a friend can be helped. We served together in akwa ibom but she is yet to get a jọb.

She has been trying so hard but none is coming yet. We spoke yesterday and she had to confess to me that she is contemplating suicide. The truth is I understand how she feels because even as a man, I felt like that too.. I do not have a job I can link her to because I am currently interning with a firm.

She stays around igando, Lagos.. Is there anyone that can help?

She is a HND graduate and she has some job experience. The only way I can help her is to cry out to people for help...

All she need is a job.....
Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by DenreleDave(m): 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
Attached is our discussion. Most are in voice note though

Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by jackmrandy: 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
DenreleDave:
Hello guys, trust you all are doing well?

I brought this matter to the public to see if a friend can be helped. We served together in akwa ibom but she is yet to get a jọb.

She has been trying so hard but none is coming yet. We spoke yesterday and she had to confess to me that she is contemplating suicide. The truth is I understand how she feels because even as a man, I felt like that too.. I do not have a job I can link her to because I am currently interning with a firm.

She stays around igando, Lagos.. Is there anyone that can help?

She is a HND graduate and she has some job experience. The only way I can help her is to cry out to people for help...

All she need is a job.....

Na your friend abi na you.. Lagos way work full any how... Let her know she has to start from somewhere. I think she is among those rejecting 100k job for a start even without experience. Lagos I know have alot of opportunities and you have to be willing to learn. You can not come and be bargaining salary of a 10 years expert in the field and your experience is just zero..

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by DenreleDave(m): 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
I plead with nairalander that can help should please assist her.....

Lack of Job can be so terrible especially for someone not living with his/her parents...
Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by DenreleDave(m): 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2023
jackmrandy:

Na your friend abi na you.. Lagos way work full any how... Let her know she has to start from somewhere. I think she is among those rejecting 100k job for a start even without experience. Lagos I know have alot of opportunities and you have to be willing to learn. You can not come and be bargaining salary of a 10 years expert in the field and your experience is just zero..

As you can see our conversation.... It's nt me...

Where does she want to start if there none is coming?

Why do u think she is among those rejecting 100k job? Stop this imagination

I appreciate your concern but next time, don't assume..

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by talented321: 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2023
20% of nigerians are contemplating suicide everyday'' they may not tell u bu

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by Wawelexy(m): 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2023
jackmrandy:

Are you the one who owns the company that has jobs all over Lagos? You guys will just be typing whatever comes to your head .. you know the number of graduates in Lagos moving from one place to another in search of jobs daily? Even the so called menial jobs aren't available.

OP, what I will advise your friend to do is learn a tech skill and stop depending on her certs for now. There are skills she could learn free online within 3months or less. You can as well be of help even if she has to pay for some. By doing this, I believe she would even lose interest in the 9-5 jobs she's hoping for...

5 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by Exmilitant(m): 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2023
If she qualifies for this and she resides in Rivers state.

Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by Acidosis(m): 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2023
jackmrandy:

You're very funny. How many companies in Lagos "mainland" pay this 100k?

11 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by Acidosis(m): 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
Exmilitant:
If she qualifies for this and she resides in Rivers state.

Did you read this memo before uploading?

7 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by DenreleDave(m): 1:54pm On Aug 05, 2023
Wawelexy:

Are you the one who owns the company that has jobs all over Lagos? You guys will just be typing whatever comes to your head .. you know the number of graduates in Lagos moving from one place to another in search of jobs daily? Even the so called menial jobs aren't available.

OP, what I will advise your friend to do is learn a tech skill and stop depending on her certs for now. There are skills she could learn free online within 3months or less. You can as well be of help even if she has to pay for some. By doing this, I believe she would even lose interest in the 9-5 jobs she's hoping for...

Boss... Person wey go learn tech skill go dey chop. Learning a skill needs money to make it successful I tell you boss

She just need a job to save up....

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by DenreleDave(m): 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
Acidosis:

He didn't

Nairalanders please help. She has some job experience...

Lagos pls
Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by Exmilitant(m): 1:56pm On Aug 05, 2023
Acidosis:

No. Just sent it up the way it was sent to me. cool
Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by UnfairLife7(m): 2:43pm On Aug 05, 2023
jackmrandy:

when you know most Nigerians graduate are jobless or underemployed. You chose to be clever by half by displaying your ignorance. Stop talking advantage of the forum to type just anything you like. It's never a must to comment please.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by Wawelexy(m): 3:12pm On Aug 05, 2023
DenreleDave:

Boss... Person wey go learn tech skill go dey chop. Learning a skill needs money to make it successful I tell you boss

She just need a job to save up....

No pain, no gain...
Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by Mindlog: 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2023
Let her check out private primary schools around her, many do recruit in August for September resumption.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by We4all: 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2023
The reason she is contemplating suicide is not because she is jobless, but because she is broke.

Another reason is because she thinks her friends are doing better and feels left out.

What I think: I am appalled that someone who hasn't started the journey yet, wants to end it abruptly.

Tell her to fix herself up and stop with the pity party. Rather than commit suicide, she should learn 'hook up' skills. All skill na skill! If in doubt, ask Mercy Eke and other bbn girls.
Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by stacyadams: 12:17am On Aug 06, 2023
Acidosis:

grin grin Lagos wey most people dey leave house early mor mor for 30 days on a salary of 50:kpa

I grin

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 06, 2023
talented321:
20% of nigerians are contemplating suicide everyday'' they may not tell u bu

grin grin grin
Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 06, 2023
Acidosis:

Are you minding the MuMugrin

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 06, 2023
stacyadams:

grin grin Lagos wey most people dey leave house early mor mor for 30 days on a salary of 50:kpa

grin

50k, That's DAILY WAGES of Menial Jobs in SANE nations.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by bsalawu: 3:43am On Aug 06, 2023
I can pay 100k or more if you have good experience in Real Estate... You have the ability to reposition a company and have good sales skills. You are sure you are an asset. You can make use of Social Media conveniently and bring up great content.

You can DM me. Pls if you know you can't offer much, don't bother. We want value.
Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by Kobojunkie: 5:22am On Aug 06, 2023
DenreleDave:
Hello guys, trust you all are doing well?I brought this matter to the public to see if a friend can be helped. We served together in akwa ibom but she is yet to get a jọb. She has been trying so hard but none is coming yet. We spoke yesterday and she had to confess to me that she is contemplating suicide. The truth is I understand how she feels because even as a man, I felt like that too.. I do not have a job I can link her to because I am currently interning with a firm. She stays around igando, Lagos.. Is there anyone that can help? She is a HND graduate and she has some job experience. The only way I can help her is to cry out to people for help... All she need is a job.....
Ask your friend to go tell her woes— bare her soul so to speak — to her mother and father first. According to you, she is already suicidal, and there is no saying what she might do in her current state if a job does not materialize within days. What she needs right now is to talk to someone who will listen to her, and understand her, and the best people to do that on such short notice are her own parents or kin, the closest to a support group many of us have and don't even realize. Tell her to go let her parents know what she is really having to endure in this world. undecided
Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 06, 2023
Take her to a homeless shelter then... At least there she wouldn't have to pay for anything.
DenreleDave:
I plead with nairalander that can help should please assist her.....

Lack of Job can be so terrible especially for someone not living with his/her parents...
Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by UnfairLife7(m): 12:34pm On Aug 06, 2023
Evolutionlove:

50k, That's DAILY WAGES of Menial Jobs in SANE nations.
who told you that? 50k daily wages? I doubt
Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by DenreleDave(m): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2023
Samantha124:
Take her to a homeless shelter then... At least there she wouldn't have to pay for anything.

Where is homeless shelter?

This is Nigeria 🇳🇬
Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2023
So there are no homeless shelters in Nigeria?
DenreleDave:

Where is homeless shelter?

This is Nigeria 🇳🇬
Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by DenreleDave(m): 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2023
We4all:
The reason she is contemplating suicide is not because she is jobless, but because she is broke.

Another reason is because she thinks her friends are doing better and feels left out.

What I think: I am appalled that someone who hasn't started the journey yet, wants to end it abruptly.

Tell her to fix herself up and stop with the pity party. Rather than commit suicide, she should learn 'hook up' skills. All skill na skill! If in doubt, ask Mercy Eke and other bbn girls.

You were right in the 1st and 2nd paragraph.

Ur last line utterly rubbish it all

Thanks
Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by DenreleDave(m): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2023
Samantha124:
So there are no homeless shelters in Nigeria?

Ain't u a Nigerian?
Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2023
No, I'm not.
DenreleDave:

Ain't u a Nigerian?
Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by DenreleDave(m): 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2023
Samantha124:
No, I'm not.

Ok. There's notin like that here..

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2023
Then I guess she should go and look for shelter in a church or mosque, depending on her religious belief... I'm sure they'll also give her food there until she sorts herself out.
DenreleDave:

Ok. There's notin like that here..

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Seduced Me / What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? / I Encourage Other Men To Be Like My Hubby By Kemi Ashefon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.