Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger (41005 Views)

Senate Approves Tinubu’s Request To Sack FCCP Boss, Babatunde Irukera / Senate Approves Tinubu's Request To Appoint 20 Special Advisers / APC Senators Reject Electronic Transmission Of Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by KanwuliaExtra: 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2023
EYES, NOSE, MOUTH and THROAT on the Judiciary please!

Plan 1 don FAIL! cheesy

You think Northerners will allow the TIEFNUBU to decimate their states or BUHARIDIOT to lose his retirement benefits in Niger? grin
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Kukutente23: 6:53pm On Aug 05, 2023
Tareq1105:

What do they know? They just want to go against anything Tinubu.

I know Nigeria would have gone to war with Niger Republic if it was Buhari. Na em cousin. Wetin concerned Tinubu? I guess he's just using the national assembly, though that's the right thing to do, to save face.

It's a genuine and tenable excuse for him before the ECOWAS members since it's Nigeria that would fund 90% of the cost.
Crap! Total crap!!
Coup happened three times under Buhari as president and one with him as ecowas chair and he never even contemplated nor propagated war.
This is all on Tinubu. He started the war rhetoric and even gave fillip to it which made the coup plotters react in an hostile manner.
So looking to exonerate Tinubu by claiming some underhand tactics on his behalf is a story for the marine and the gullible supporters who follow him like Zombies.
The whole mishap and embarrassing episode is all on Tinubu.
And this is not his first. The fuel subsidy was also badly done which Nigerians are still suffering for. Same with the naira devaluation.
If anything it means this man is more impulsive than tactical as you his worshippers claim.
Have some shame pls.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by chiboycue: 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7790809/tinubu-writes-senate-seeks-military#124875493

We have not removed the wood in our own eye, we want remove the spake in another person's eye. How can we see road?
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Lama70(m): 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2023
Traplord09:

Nigerian Military are most mornssss
Da most go to WAR. With there thugs...

I can't believe Nigeria da fear NIGER

The consequences are very grave if it happens. It's not about fearing Niger Republic. Rather, it's about the well-being of the citizens of Nigeria by way of the consequence of war.

I know you're pulling my legs, anyway!
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by emmnprince(m): 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2023
ecolime:

Na strategy bro cool

Does Tinubu look like someone who is truly interested in confronting Niger militarily?

He is the ECOWAS leader. The letter to the senate is just for him to make ECOWAS member states, Buhari, France and UK see that he made attempts.

Now, no super power will blame Nigeria or him for not protecting their interests.

Even a new born baby knows the senate will reject the prayer 7 of his request.

Underate Tinubu's Political sagacity at your own peril. Nigga is the real Maradona which is the reason why many never wanted him in Aso-Rock. You can't set a trap for him.

Even the great PO knows him in and out. This is why he purposely left out election result in his suits and seeking outright cancellation of his candidacy.

Nice submission.
Always finding a way to defend BAT. Well, let's say we all have our individual and collective opinion to how we see things.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 05, 2023
Blaze14k:

And the faggo.t loves it to remain that way... What a joke. Like i said GSK, sensodine and Michelin tire have left nigeria due to inflation

That's a half-done job you did there. Go back and check the number of International companies that left Nigeria from 1999 to 2015 and come and tell us the number. Then you shall have done an unbiased compilation. Companies leaving Nigeria didn't start last night.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by 00FFT00(m): 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

I told Ebola boys that Tinubu’s request for Military Action in Niger would be thrashed like a used sanitary pad by Senate but they were busy foaming from their mouth rather than listening to my logical analysis.

For anything to get approved at the senate, you 2/3 of the senators to support it. Numerically that’s 73.

Now, APC are just 59 senators.

Opposition senators are 50. All of them would be against the request by default.

Amongst the 59 senators of APC, majority of them are northerners and their stakeholders have told them not to support any military action in Niger because na north go suffer am pass. This made them issue a statement to that effect last night.

So, add 50 opposition senators to about 20 APC senators from the north and you have about 70 senators against the request which would kill the request completely.

But somehow, Ebola boys disagreed with me.

They thought the Nigerian senate is MC Oluomo that the urine dispenser will issue instructions and the illiterate will carry it out with the speed of light without questioning.

The truth is that Tinubu should have just concentrated on wanking Remi’s wrinkled kitten than insulting himself this way all in the name of answering president.

Master strategist is turning out olodo strategist.
Nigerians 1 v 0 Ebola and his herd of tribalists.

I swear, you cannot kill me for my mama
grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Sholaco: 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2023
No going back ooo
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Dbegining: 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2023
Okealaaye:

You remain embittered almost six months after election was lost shamefully by an upstart who knows you not from Adam! When is your wailing going to stop? O yes,after a span of 8 years or years after that.

Someone constructively brought our points but you're here talking about elections.

What he pointed out are realities and these realities affect our daily lives but you're here talking about politics.

You're a fool. A very big fool.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by 001Lagos: 7:13pm On Aug 05, 2023
Thank God

Tinubu wants to destroy what's left of Nigeria economy with his mumu Niger Invasion

Helinues, afamed, Seunmsg will call the senators and senate president "Omo ale" now for turning down the senseless military invasion request .
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by ozo13(m): 7:14pm On Aug 05, 2023
taylor88:
EBOLA TINUBU

Lonely at the top……. Gbengbengbengben

Declaring war as if he can fight or Seyi his son will be at the war front

Nobody should advise this deaf man again

It won’t affect Nigeria it will only affect North & South West

Nothing concern who dey PH

May this fight favor me and my family

Shebi na soldiers wey them dey owe salary wan go fight

Soldiers that their food allowance is N1200

No be who chop belleful go go fight?

Warrrrrrrr start
na strategy Tinubu use.Now he will be in the good book of the EU who in recent time have b. Singing his name as father of modern African democracy by supporting a military intervention but the Senate rejected it which am sure Tinubu is aware that will be the exact thing the senators will do
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by SenatePresdo(m): 7:26pm On Aug 05, 2023
This is the first time I'm proud of Nigerian Senators.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Jossibest(m): 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2023
This present senators are good unlike the once you have before.
You want to go and kill people husband/father all in the name of what that dose not concern Nigeria
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by manchyme: 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
Honestically:
That's good, we have numerous problems in our country begging for solutions that the president has not shown serious commitment in solving them, what he is concerned is interfering with what is happening in other independent countries that may trigger war.
We have worst problems in our country: poverty, hunger, general insecurity, Boko Haram, hardship introduced by his subsidy removal policy, etc.

Mr President, solve all the problems in Nigeria and leave Niger Republic alone.

What happens to be your brothers keeper?
If God opens the gate of heaven for Tinubu now you'll say God has collected bribe.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Ezmans: 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2023
ecolime:

Na strategy bro cool

Does Tinubu look like someone who is truly interested in confronting Niger militarily?

He is the ECOWAS leader. The letter to the senate is just for him to make ECOWAS member states, Buhari, France and UK see that he made attempts.

Now, no super power will blame Nigeria or him for not protecting their interests.

Even a new born baby knows the senate will reject the prayer 7 of his request.

Underate Tinubu's Political sagacity at your own peril. Nigga is the real Maradona which is the reason why many never wanted him in Aso-Rock. You can't set a trap for him.

Even the great PO knows him in and out. This is why he purposely left out election result in his suits and seeking outright cancellation of his candidacy.
see storyline
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by SenatePresdo(m): 7:35pm On Aug 05, 2023
LegendHero:
Fair enough.

We cannot afford that now considering our current situation and the fact that Tinubu government is just starting.

God bless the Senate
God bless Nigeria

Afford fire, Yorubas are Cowards.

Invade Niger, and more Yorubas would be in IDP camp in Cotonou grin
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Galaxydon1(m): 7:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
President Ebola no get sense, you want to start what you cannot finish.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Kukutente23: 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2023
Neddyogu:
The Senate just gave him a face-saving opportunity. As ECOWAS chair, all the vultures expected him to lead an intervention militarily in Niger but the Nigerian Senate has given him an escape route. He berra takes this opportunity offered by the Senate.
You guys keep mouthing this Ecowas chair thing that only lasts for one year as if Tinubu is the first Nigerian president to become Ecowas chair. Buhari was also Ecowas chair and a coup occurred. Why didn't the vultures ask him to lead a military intervention to Mali?
This is all on Tinubu.
Stop looking for silly excuses for your god.
He flunked badly
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by azpekuliar: 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
pfadom:
Just review and smell what you just vomited. It depicts enormous bitterness and hate in you.

Oga go and fight the war if you desperately want it. You and your fellow Nairaland resident zombies have the numbers to make up a battalion.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Blaze14k: 7:49pm On Aug 05, 2023
Okealaaye:

That's a half-done job you did there. Go back and check the number of International companies that left Nigeria from 1999 to 2015 and come and tell us the number. Then you shall have done an unbiased compilation. Companies leaving Nigeria didn't start last night.

A failure will always find a way justify himself in order to sound woke. How many came in with his fantastic policy? All you u guys do is endorse rubbish just because of tribe and religion
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Nyanabo(m): 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2023
xaggar:

An exposed flaw in our military in such a tour could send a wrong signal to militant groups such as those seen in the eastern part of the country. The militants could be emboldened to think that they could execute an attack on the Nigerian military which (according to the Nigerien Tour) is already seen to be weak.
The Fed. Govt has to be wary of such.

Yea I agree. Sane minded Nigerians are against the military intervention proposed by the president. I wonder if he seeked the advise of military generals before sending such letter to the Senate disgracing himself by their brutal refusal.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by ReubenE(m): 8:17pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kenmatt:
It's a time I told you all why President Tinubu is hell-bent in Niger.

He knows that if such continue, such might happen here in Nigeria, knowing very well that the people are tired of notorious administration and the diabolism that associates Nigeria electoral process.
The above is the whole truth.

If it is allowed to hold in Niger, there would be domino effect here in Nigeria, not as a matter of if, but a matter of when.
That is what President Tinubu and others are obsessed with.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by MatrixCircle: 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2023
George Weah (President of Liberia. " As long as ECOWAS allow fraudulent declaration of election results they will be coup ".
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Asswipemod: 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7790809/tinubu-writes-senate-seeks-military#124875493

Well played. I knee Emile O'Corn had an ace up his sleeves. Tinubu knew it wouldn't fly but needed to hoodwink those imperialist monkeys into thinking he got their back.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Asswipemod: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Afford fire, Yorubas are Cowards.

Invade Niger, and more Yorubas would be in IDP camp in Cotonou grin

When monkeys make comments. SMH
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Barcalee: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2023
Better
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2023
Dbegining:

I won't even talk about who insults more between obidients and APC folks but let me talk about that Monday sit at home stuff just to tell you that you're actually foolish.

The government is the one in charge of security not citizens. And the president is the Chief security officer of the country. And APC governments have been the one in that position since that Monday thing started. So, shift your ignorance and stupid questions on "afgerneastern" to the government.

And if not that all the APC presidents we've had are incompetent, a solution should have been found.

Kudos to Goodluck Jonathan who handles the Niger Delta Militants case we'll and brought about peace.

But Tinubu is so incompetent, he doesn't even know what to do.

And that's the mark of all APC people especially their zombies here on nairaland.

Incompetence and foolishness.

Don't reply me. (Not that you have anything reasonable to say) Your IQ is too low for me to engage again.

You're too foolish.

Who has the time to read this screed! Not I, certainly!
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by ibinaboonline: 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2023
Totally, 💯 planned. Akpabio no be confam Batist? It goes like this: " I send the letter requesting permission so it doesn't look like I chickened out. You save my neck by turning down the request." Akpabio says, "sure thing, my oga. Consider it done."
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by gaskiyamagana: 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2023
taylor88:
EBOLA TINUBU

Lonely at the top……. Gbengbengbengben

Declaring war as if he can fight or Seyi his son will be at the war front

Nobody should advise this deaf man again

It won’t affect Nigeria it will only affect North & South West

Nothing concern who dey PH

May this fight favor me and my family

Shebi na soldiers wey them dey owe salary wan go fight

Soldiers that their food allowance is N1200

No be who chop belleful go go fight?

Warrrrrrrr start
Dimensional wailing continues till 2031 when power will be returned to the North.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by HussenAdul: 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2023
Nay sayers have made a notable achievement since APC rule began in 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

PDP Rally In Ibadan (pictures) / Fayose Pictured Cutting Fish In The Market / Biography/Profile Of Shuaibu Ibrahim, New NYSC DG (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.