Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger (40936 Views)

Senate Approves Tinubu’s Request To Sack FCCP Boss, Babatunde Irukera / Senate Approves Tinubu's Request To Appoint 20 Special Advisers / APC Senators Reject Electronic Transmission Of Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by austinray: 8:59pm On Aug 05, 2023
Wise decision by the honorable members. War front is not like beer parlor. 🙄
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Traplord09: 9:14pm On Aug 05, 2023
Lama70:

The consequences are very grave if it happens. It's not about fearing Niger Republic. Rather, it's about the well-being of the citizens of Nigeria by way of the consequence of war.

I know you're pulling my legs, anyway!

If this Militarized Military can oppress people ehhh
Da most go to that WAR...

Let there mother and father and kids and there family feel the pains of others...

I can't believe military da fear war .. oooo
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by hotseat: 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2023
In criticizing PBAT, it's important to note that he holds a dual position, first as the President of Nigeria and also the Chairman of the subregional body, ECOWAS.

He spoke more as the Chairman of ECOWAS than the President of Nigeria.

Nobody would later accuse him of not being proactive.

If the nays have it, so be it!
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Asswipemod: 9:17pm On Aug 05, 2023
Nyanabo:

Yea I agree. Sane minded Nigerians are against the military intervention proposed by the president. I wonder if he seeked the advise of military generals before sending such letter to the Senate disgracing himself by their brutal refusal.

Look, let's cut the old man some slacks. Tinubu is deceiving the imperialists by putting up a tough show. Remember he sent Shettima to the Russian summit, although the fool made himself so conspicuous with that friggin Bariga on him.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Traplord09: 9:17pm On Aug 05, 2023
austinray:
Wise decision by the honorable members. War front is not like beer parlor. 🙄

I don't care this slowpoke Military most go and die for Nigeria..

At list EBOLA tinubu we lead the way with there thugs..
DSS
EFCC
Police
All most go there will need them there
If not na giants for nothing

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Ikaeniyan0: 9:21pm On Aug 05, 2023
Dancebreaker:

But will NA members be able to resist when bribed big time, coerced and threatened?

Will Akpabio fear for his position? Tinubu does not condone being openly opposed. If you can't do his bid when he puts you in a position, you are toast. Oyegun is an example.

Unless Tinubu planned it all along, to see the request rejected by NA so that ECOWAS and other Pro-Bazoun world leaders can't blame Tinubu anymore,
The senators have spoken and am sure you got the message loud and clear.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Darkjudge24: 9:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

I told Ebola boys that Tinubu’s request for Military Action in Niger would be thrashed like a used sanitary pad by Senate but they were busy foaming from their mouth rather than listening to my logical analysis.

For anything to get approved at the senate, you 2/3 of the senators to support it. Numerically that’s 73.

Now, APC are just 59 senators.

Opposition senators are 50. All of them would be against the request by default.

Amongst the 59 senators of APC, majority of them are northerners and their stakeholders have told them not to support any military action in Niger because na north go suffer am pass. This made them issue a statement to that effect last night.

So, add 50 opposition senators to about 20 APC senators from the north and you have about 70 senators against the request which would kill the request completely.

But somehow, Ebola boys disagreed with me.

They thought the Nigerian senate is MC Oluomo that the urine dispenser will issue instructions and the illiterate will carry it out with the speed of light without questioning.

The truth is that Tinubu should have just concentrated on wanking Remi’s wrinkled kitten than insulting himself this way all in the name of answering president.

Master strategist is turning out olodo strategist.

Nigerians 1 v 0 Ebola and his herd of tribalists.
Mumu too plenty for this forum and u be one of them
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Mubieey: 9:26pm On Aug 05, 2023
Good approach from our Senates, we don’t need a military action against On less concerned problem, it will lead to loss of lives and resources
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Juoflife1(f): 9:29pm On Aug 05, 2023
Good
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Tonnyray: 9:39pm On Aug 05, 2023
ecolime:

Na strategy bro cool

Does Tinubu look like someone who is truly interested in confronting Niger militarily?

He is the ECOWAS leader. The letter to the senate is just for him to make ECOWAS member states, Buhari, France and UK see that he made attempts.

Now, no super power will blame Nigeria or him for not protecting their interests.

Even a new born baby knows the senate will reject the prayer 7 of his request.

Underate Tinubu's Political sagacity at your own peril. Nigga is the real Maradona which is the reason why many never wanted him in Aso-Rock. You can't set a trap for him.

Even the great PO knows him in and out. This is why he purposely left out election result in his suits and seeking outright cancellation of his candidacy.
Exactly what I said 2 days ago when this news first broke. Na planned work. Tinubu no wan fight any war kankan. He has already propped his boys in NASS to trash the military option. Everything na optics to the ECOWAS community and to the idiotic West. Will they now ask him to act undemocratically by rejecting the people's decision in order to establish democracy in another land?
Africa has never seen a politician of Tinubu's caliber ever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by patorial(m): 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

I told Ebola boys that Tinubu’s request for Military Action in Niger would be thrashed like a used sanitary pad by Senate but they were busy foaming from their mouth rather than listening to my logical analysis.

For anything to get approved at the senate, you 2/3 of the senators to support it. Numerically that’s 73. No

Now, APC are just 59 senators.

Opposition senators are 50. All of them would be against the request by default.

Amongst the 59 senators of APC, majority of them are northerners and their stakeholders have told them not to support any military action in Niger because na north go suffer am pass. This made them issue a statement to that effect last night.

So, add 50 opposition senators to about 20 APC senators from the north and you have about 70 senators against the request which would kill the request completely.

But somehow, Ebola boys disagreed with me.

They thought the Nigerian senate is MC Oluomo that the urine dispenser will issue instructions and the illiterate will carry it out with the speed of light without questioning.

The truth is that Tinubu should have just concentrated on wanking Remi’s wrinkled kitten than insulting himself this way all in the name of answering president.

Master strategist is turning out olodo strategist.

Nigerians 1 v 0 Ebola and his herd of tribalists.

You have a good analysis, but can you learn not to mix your analysis with insults?

You might become a professional analyst in future, who knows. Just loo at Bosun now.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by sammytee02(m): 9:43pm On Aug 05, 2023
ecolime:

Na strategy bro cool

Does Tinubu look like someone who is truly interested in confronting Niger militarily?

He is the ECOWAS leader. The letter to the senate is just for him to make ECOWAS member states, Buhari, France and UK see that he made attempts.

Now, no super power will blame Nigeria or him for not protecting their interests.

Underate Tinubu's Political sagacity at your own peril. Nigga is the real Maradona which is the reason why many never wanted him in Aso-Rock. You can't set a trap for him.

Even the great PO knows him in and out. This is why he purposely left out election result in his suits and seeking outright cancellation of his candidacy.

You've hit the nail on the head bro. What do we expect the ECOWAS Leader to do? Lol. It's so glaring that he's playing politics. I just smiled at those calling the President names. It baffles me how these people still don't understand the President. This is not Buhari o. Lol.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Earthquakes: 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
ecolime:

Na strategy bro cool

Naso, I love your self deceit, if they had approved it same you will shout master strategist again grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Highlife217: 9:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
You never go against what the people want, it will end just like the Afghanistan war. As soon as you leave the rebels will just take power again.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Hier(m): 9:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
This reminds me of EndSars
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by patorial(m): 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ogonimilitant:
Thank you Distinguished Senators for rejecting this Yoruba president from plunging the peaceful Niger into a civil war with their best neighbor.

This Yoruba agenda will never work. Only few months in office the whole country is in disarray. The northerners are wise.

God bless Nigeria

I don't think you understand what civil war is.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Highlife217: 9:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
ecolime:

Na strategy bro cool

No this makes him look weak. If the Senate had approved you wouldn’t be typing this delusion.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by sammytee02(m): 9:51pm On Aug 05, 2023
benjaminlawson:

My concern is, where is Nigeria going to get money to fight in Niger. A government that claimed there is no money pay continue all social services like fuel subsidy, education, health care, good roads etc, suddenly plan a war, where is the money to prosecute will come from, even if we have saved money from social services Withdrawer, then we should use it for war.

This is where you should understand that he's playing politics as the ECOWAS Chairman. He never intended to fight Niger. He knew the Senate would reject it.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Asswipemod: 10:04pm On Aug 05, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7790809/tinubu-writes-senate-seeks-military#124875493

Kadoso Mutairu aka seunmsg will not like this. He has been bristling to go and audit them in Niger Republic.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by sammytee02(m): 10:05pm On Aug 05, 2023
Earthquakes:

Naso, I love your self deceit, if they had approved it same you will shout master strategist again grin grin

You're the one not getting it bro. This is exactly what the West wanted from the ECOWAS Chairman and he he played into their hands - that is politics. See, bro Nigeria has her own problems - terrorists, bandits, unknown gunmen causing trouble in the East, economic ish and what a few. The President knew the Senate would reject it. Who on earth would approve that when your own country is on fire and you still have the guts to send your military men to fight a neighbouring country? Nah..So, now the West won't expect him to force it.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by frankyychiji(f): 10:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
EnglishUsa:
Na him still tell them to reject it in order to look as if he has done his best
You are a child if you think northerners who are majority in the Senate would support war against Niger.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by Newton2024: 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kenmatt:
It's a time I told you all why President Tinubu is hell-bent in Niger.

He knows that if such continue, such might happen here in Nigeria, knowing very well that the people are tired of notorious administration and the diabolism that associates Nigeria electoral process.
This is Tinubu's fare. Not that he cares for Nigerians.
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by frankyychiji(f): 11:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
ehikwe22:
This senate is 100% rubber stamp, but nothing interest above every other things. When it goes against the interest of the North, they will deny you - especially if you're not from the North. They're not fools. They know Tinubu is on a desperate move for legitimacy, to please the West and also to make a political statement because he's scared of being deposed as well, but to the northerners, northern interest comes first
📌📌
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by alamoht(m): 3:59am On Aug 06, 2023
[quote author=ecolime post=124900881]
[b]
Na strategy bro cool

You're always on the wrong side bro😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by professore(m): 5:57am On Aug 06, 2023
Good reasons
Re: Senators Reject Tinubu's Request For Military Intervention In Niger by breezeng: 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2023
Democracy my foot
The west is using Democracy as a weapon to control African countries.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari's Age Limitation: Nigerians Mock Femi Adesina / Audu Abubakar's Burial: More Photos / Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Buhari In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.