Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi (89941 Views)

See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. / See The Water Yams We Bought For 1,500 Naira In Yakurr LGA, Cross River State. / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by RealEzee(m): 8:51pm On Aug 08, 2023
Juliearth:

Honestly, I can't say which is the best. There seems to be a risk factor to everything we eat, but thank God for God. Happy Sunday!
las las na God hand we dey grin
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by LordKushmann(m): 8:55pm On Aug 08, 2023
Nazgul:

Ice fish isn't healthier than fresh meat.

Most of those fishes, stay in cold rooms for over 7 months, during which power failure, faulty generators...etc would affect it's texture, thus making them unfit for consumption.

I read somewhere that the lifespan of frozen fish shouldn't exceed 5 months. Unfortunately, in Nigeria, there is no authority to enforce that law so merchants can even store their imported fishes for up to a year, meaning it would exceed it's shelf life by the time it gets to the retailers and then consumers like you and I.

So technically, we're eating poison. May God save us.

We're eating poisson indeed..
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by MotiveU(f): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2023
Nice2023:
As u can see,due to the biting inflation and high cost of meats in Abuja and it environs.

Three of us decided to go to Keffi this morning to buy a cow worth 320k and we shared it. At least this will see us through the year end.

Below are the pictures.
Beef sharing still remain the best no matter how you are looking at it.
I didn't in December and also during the Easter period.
It lasted like say tomorrow no dey.
I even roaster some for preservation.
Nice one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by yetty247(f): 9:02pm On Aug 08, 2023
Nice2023:
As u can see,due to the biting inflation and high cost of meats in Abuja and it environs.

Three of us decided to go to Keffi this morning to buy a cow worth 320k and we shared it. At least this will see us through the year end.

Below are the pictures.

I sell better smoked catfish. Washed and seasoned. Help a sister should Incase u want fish aswell
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by juman(m): 9:08pm On Aug 08, 2023
Not so good idea.
If you have lot of meat in the freezer, you eat so much meat.

There are advantages and disadvantages.
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by alhajiabdulbuha: 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2023
I prefer meat yeyeye is not in this Tinubu administration with 2 much hunger. All meat fish na meat.
IconicR:
Through the year end? It's like you don't eat meat much, I prefer fish to meat and it's healthier.

1 Like

Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by FutureIsFemale(f): 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2023
jeromestarks:
Show receipt or I don't believe it.
Go to hell
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by Omosexy35: 9:11pm On Aug 08, 2023
You got this meat at that animal periodic market before the checkpoint entering keffi, I patronise them at least twice a month for my fresh goat meat, products used to be much cheaper in that market but those fulani's are wiser now

1 Like

Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by Offpointng: 9:11pm On Aug 08, 2023
Juliearth:

Those aren't any better. Have you thought about the amount of chemicals these fish-pond-bred catfish are laced with? Their food, vaccine and fattening vitamins are very much laced either toxins. Smoked catfish aren't better because smoking is not a healthy choice for humans.

If you are considering all of these, Bro for this side we no go dey chop anything again. maggi is bad, Pepper is not health friendly, Salt is not healthy, Red meat is not good, fish is laced with carcinogenic means of preservative, now our local fish pond bred chemical grown fish

Woo we'll survive somehow
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by Uniquekriss(m): 9:16pm On Aug 08, 2023
This one is 550-600 in Edo state
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by OgwuEgo: 9:26pm On Aug 08, 2023
I remember when the former senate president gifted us a cow and someone said it was unhealthy and red meat so I passed on it.
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by Hassanmaye(m): 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2023
Nice2023:

Below are the pictures.
Blood of Zacharia!! This is too cheap I swear. Tuweeh
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by MatrixCircle: 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2023
20 cattle will be like 6.4 million about $ 7k.
How much can I hire a herds man that will be rearing them in my village.
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by nnamdi640: 9:45pm On Aug 08, 2023
You made the right decision but preserving it is the main thing, except you are sure Nepa won't disappoint you
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2023
etrange:
■ What's the point of expressing the amount in dollars when the OP earns and spends in Naira? The dollar amount may look small. But it won't be that amount in the US, and the earning/spending potential in the US is totally different from what is obtainable in Nigeria. Isolated currency conversion is useless in cost analysis, except when it's solely used for reporting purposes.
I don't understand nor follow your line of reasoning at all. undecided
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by Theboss001: 9:59pm On Aug 08, 2023
Juliearth:

Those aren't any better. Have you thought about the amount of chemicals these fish-pond-bred catfish are laced with? Their food, vaccine and fattening vitamins are very much laced either toxins. Smoked catfish aren't better because smoking is not a healthy choice for humans.

With all these una analysis, person no go dey chop anything oooh 🤦‍♂️
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by Karleb(m): 9:59pm On Aug 08, 2023
Vboot1:

Says who ? You all believe shit

Let me educate you.

Red meat contains a lot of proteins and opposed to white meat.

Our elders are not as active as the youths, so when they eat red meat (a lot of proteins), it gets converted to lipids (fats in the form of adipose tissues) as only a few of these energy is used.

These could lead to obesity (high BMI), high blood pressure, hearth attack and many other diseases.
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by JC2021: 10:00pm On Aug 08, 2023
victorazy:

Catfish is worse fish to eat, is not healthy.
Explain and give a realiable source
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by koolaid87: 10:01pm On Aug 08, 2023
Nice2023:

We couldnt pack all to the table.

The meat plenty seriously.

Since you want us to see the meat bought at 320k, you suppose find a way to snap the whole portion so we can tell if it worth it or what's the purpose of the thread
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by Fujiyama: 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2023
jonero4:
something that ur wife can finish under one month,..e be like u dont know how women take like meat,..

^^^
grin
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by nairamaniac: 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2023
dominique:

How do you intend to preserve it? Hope you have an inverter powered deep freezer? You people in the north are enjoying cheap foods, I doubt if you can get a cow for 400k here in Lagos
Kai!!! Nigeria is finished. 400k for 1cow?

If only humans could eat humans, people here would be eating their children for free.
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by Majesty7: 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2023
Nice2023:

Below are the pictures.

We are still in August. Maybe I don't understand you.
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by Miyachi: 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2023
IconicR:
I deal mainly on dried cat fishes and fresh ones for pepersoup. The locally bred ones is still safer because it won't have to undergo some kind of preservation processes which is dangerous to our health

Just so you know, some farmers use dead fish for smoked fish.
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2023
Miyachi:

Just so you know, some farmers use dead fish for smoked fish.
Ewww we Dy God hand
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by Majesty7: 10:21pm On Aug 08, 2023
Nice2023:

U that is asking,is it only meat u eat everytime.

All my food I buy them in bulk down to milk,sugar,tomatoes,pepper,rice,beans,dried fish and garri, lipton, onion and name it

And they last you for a year? grin
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by rossovu: 10:24pm On Aug 08, 2023
Juliearth:

Nothing is healthy, even the water we drink is killing us slowly.
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by anonymous1759(m): 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2023
Juliearth:

Please you guys should let us breath enough of all these cautions people in the village eat smoked fish and meat all through their lives and are still healthy. I think what shortens life span in the city is mostly stress, carbon monoxide we inhale and fast foods. Leave smoked fish alone especially Titus that can cause palaver in Ekpankpukpo grin
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by bonnyhope: 10:35pm On Aug 08, 2023
Juliearth:

Are the dried ones not roasted initially? Roasted foods are not so save, you know. The vitamins and food they ate while alive is another risk factor. Animal foods are loaded with preservatives and chemicals that are quite harmful to the human body.
.so what will people eat?
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by Dearlord(m): 11:01pm On Aug 08, 2023
layzie:

What in your opinion is the best alternative?

Let me intrude in this Convo. The best alternative is to buy the quantity that can be consumed within it healthy cycle.
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by vikstandon(m): 11:28pm On Aug 08, 2023
Na light matter be issue... Fuel don cost.

EEDC always takes light when I stock up my refrigerator.
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by Ashirioluwa: 11:29pm On Aug 08, 2023
320k for this cow. Our money is progressively losing all of its value. In any case, this same cow will cost more than 320k in the western and southern regions of Nigeria.
Re: See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi by Abujaexpress: 11:32pm On Aug 08, 2023
Beware of that anthrax disease o grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House / This Is The Milk I Bought For #89,500 For My Children. / You Can't Eat This Food For One Week And Your Life Will Remain The Same (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.