Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan (37886 Views)

Protectors Of Islam, Not Protectors Of Lives — Aisha Yesufu Slams Arewa Twitter / 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos / Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Banjoramos(m): 9:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
Acekidc4:
I really shake my head for Yoruba Muslims who are the real owners of Ilorin and all it Lands. See as they're slaving under the rulership of the Minority fulanis. They're truly the definition of a conquered people. Fulani Caliphate don finally take over all their Ancestral Lands finish and they don't want to Ronu all because of yeye Religion. Fulani use Religion hold them tight for Blokos!! Chai my people my people when will you free yourself from this Slavery 🤔🤔

I hope you read what he said there is nothing like tribe in ilorin Islam unite us all.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by middlebelter(m): 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2023
Who will blame this one claiming Ilorin to be a Muslim town? Is his relevance not derived from Islamic study?
As if the original settlers at Ilorin were not Yorubas before the Fulani tactical take over of rulership.
With the dominant role of North on Nigerian politics for many years, Ilorin was promoted above other towns and made Kwara State capital.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Traplord09: 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
ecolime:

There are Yorubas in Kwara, Kogi, Benin Republic and Togo. Lets not mention those who settled in Sierra-loane or Brazil.

I think many Nairalanders are ignorant and I hope someone who has the time can create a detailed thread to educate them.

Some Igbos are indigenous to Obigbo, Rivers state while we have those that are indigenous to Delta state and are popularly called Delta Igbo.

Is it then right for you to say An Igbo man is now fully owned and controlled by the Delta people?

Let send YORUBA to NIGER..
At to fright the WAR...

I wonder what will happen next... ....
I see them becomeing refugee soon..

IPOp are there problem.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by okorogodwin4(m): 9:53pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ilorin is now Fulani dominated territory the brown roof haters will never say anything other than masturbating with IPOB and sitathome

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by a4cube: 9:54pm On Aug 05, 2023
ecolime:

There are Yorubas in Kwara, Kogi, Benin Republic and Togo. Lets not mention those who settled in Sierra-loane or Brazil.

I think many Nairalanders are ignorant and I hope someone who has the time can create a detailed thread to educate them.

Some Igbos are indigenous to Obigbo, Rivers state while we have those that are indigenous to Delta state and are popularly called Delta Igbo.

Is it then right for you to say An Igbo man is now fully owned and controlled by the Delta people?
Wrong comparism. What is Delta people?

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Beastnation(m): 9:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
tollyboy5:

Olodo, if not for benjamin adekunle who stopped the advancement at ore. Binin palace by now should be igwe of benin.

Lolz hahaha !!! Guy you mean oh .. I support this motion. LMAO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by John4B: 9:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
That's how Fulani will dominate all the Yoruba land including that their slum called Lagos. Useless people they only hv mouth in nairaland. I support the Islamic scholar, any anybody that tries any nonsense should be dealt with mercilessly. They should know their boundary. What nonsense!

7 Likes

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by BossGerald: 9:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
tollyboy5:

Ilorin is not southwest so REST. We have people speaking yoruba in brazil, togo, benin, edo,warri and kogi. They're are not part of southwest yorubas.

So na southwest be the real ogbonge yorubas okwaya??

Tell me more shocked

6 Likes

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by yinkeys(m): 9:56pm On Aug 05, 2023
Some Africans after been battered for centuries by Arabs & Europeans don’t know their history
shocked
Arabs see you guys as sub-humans if you don’t know

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Exline101: 10:00pm On Aug 05, 2023
Ofcourse, Fulani have been conquering Ronu people from the time immemorial, go back to history and you will understand

4 Likes

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Acekidc4(m): 10:02pm On Aug 05, 2023
Greenscientist:

Who is slaving for who? Who is the most powerful person in Ilorin, the governor or emir? I'm very sure you know bukola saraki and the present governor's name but I'm very sure you don't know the emir's name till now.

A non-Yoruba have never been elected as governor of Kwara state before, so how are they slaving?

I'll pride myself as a Muslim more than a Yoruba.

You can't come to my house and be teaching my kids 1+1= 24 and be telling me to be tolerant. However, I can go to your house and tell your kids 1+1=2 and if you insist 1+1=24, I will leave you alone and beg you to allow me to teach my own kid 1+1=2 while you teach yours 1+1=24 - it is your house!

Lastly, Peace is not the absence of violence but the enforcement of justice.

Why is Ilorin Kwara State not in South West 🤔

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by ISLAMBAD: 10:02pm On Aug 05, 2023
ecolime:

Strangers are not rulling us in Anioma.. Ezes are still rulling us here, unlike you guys that are being controlled by invaders

8 Likes

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Thegoodone13(m): 10:05pm On Aug 05, 2023
Religion is different from tribe. Ilorin Is a yoruba speaking state but dominated by Muslim Faithful. They are using religion to divide Yoruba especially Ilorin people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by potopotoking: 10:06pm On Aug 05, 2023
KosiGee:

These people are shameless. Pls someone should create an Obi, Ipob or Igbo thread so these customers could redeem themselves. Seun has bills to pay.

grin grin grin

Ah ah, is this not too much wicked lololooolol?
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Samtob90(m): 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2023

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by wildikeman(m): 10:11pm On Aug 05, 2023
tollyboy5:

Ilorin is not southwest so REST. We have people speaking yoruba in brazil, togo, benin, edo,warri and kogi. They're are not part of southwest yorubas.

Go to school you say no.... how many Yoruba states are there? Is kwara not part of them...is ilorin not in kwara...e go go better for who do you like this

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by wildikeman(m): 10:11pm On Aug 05, 2023
Samtob90:

Has Islam become a tribe that inherits land?

Guy....na olodo dey worry them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Emmyviva: 10:15pm On Aug 05, 2023
Family affair..

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by YouAreNobody: 10:17pm On Aug 05, 2023
tollyboy5:

You should be more ashamed on how ijaw and binin sold igbo slaves.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha......shameless boy, you've been properly schooled but instead of you to condemn your fulani masters you found a way to channel your frustrations to the Igbos.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Blitzerz: 10:20pm On Aug 05, 2023
tollyboy5:

So "southwest" is another word for "yoruba" abi?

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by fotadmowmend(m): 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
Were .... Thank God he said Ilorin.... Ilorin means "a place where metals are sharpen" original ogun should be worshiped there

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Owochogod: 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
See wetin see finished dey cos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Yourbaslayer: 10:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
tollyboy5:

You just denied your people because of banter, what a shame, Offa people is here reading your nonsense

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by naijapips04: 10:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
tollyboy5:

They have used Fulani divide and conquer to useless this one. Fulani doesn't define Yoruba land. Ilorin is purely a Yoruba land . Don't be a coward to deny your ancestors land.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by sogodihno: 10:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:
Yoruba people will spend 24 hours insulting the igbos online but they cannot defend their own lands.

The reason the Fulanis and some muslims hate Igbos is because they're a stumbling block to their advancement into the south. You can take that to the bank!

Call igbos whatever you want, but this can NEVER be them!

But Simon Ekpa is flogging and Killin your parents nowadays all the way from Finland

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by WesKiz: 10:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
Matter wey no concerned igbo na him igbo go dey put mouth watin concerned igbo concerned religion na money be their religion they can worship and kill for it

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by ReubenE(m): 10:33pm On Aug 05, 2023
tollyboy5:

BACKGROUND The South-West geopolitical zone of Nigeria is made up of six (6) states, namely, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Ekiti, Lagos and Ogun States with one hundred and thirty seven (137) Local Government Areas (LGAs).

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjG-9Oip8aAAxURQ8AKHSfQCnMQFnoECA0QAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcirddoc.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F06%2FZONAL-South-West.pdf&usg=AOvVaw34LEehR1c5YY-9dMa1sh0W&opi=89978449

at least google is free.
You don't have a solid background for this your argument, at least not in the context of the topic of discourse.

Kwara- Illorin is Yoruba land, or at least was Yoruba land.

South-West is a political term that cannot be used to describe the ethnicity or nativity of a group of people. It is just like the geographical Niger Delta and the political Niger Delta where Abia and Imo are included for political convenience.
Saying or even inferring that Kwara is not in the South-West therefore is not Yoruba is a repugnant argument. If you are actually Yoruba, then your line of argument or whatever point you are trying to make is a mockery of your ethnicity whilst in your attempt to defend it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Luckysbab: 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kukutente23:
Ilorin people always want to be more Islamic than the Saudis and they are the biggest hypocrites 🙄

Hypocrisy detector, mind your own hypocrisy first.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Kingsean(m): 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
chai zombies. Africa wake up! religion is a tool to keep us in darkness. imagine what a Professor is saying.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 05, 2023
It belongs to Yoruba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by olayinka63: 10:41pm On Aug 05, 2023
May Allah bless you Professor Ali Agan

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Peter Obi Pays Condolence Visits To Families Of Herbert Wigwe And Ogunbajo / Miriam Ali Weds Chuks Onyema Ugochukwu (Photos) / Shehu Sani Campaign Posters With Buhari’s Photo Attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.