Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land (13196 Views)

$2.1B Arms Scandal: APC AKIDA Petitions Tinubu, Calls For Sack Of Matawalle / Boko Haram Eliminates Abou Hassana, Others Over Attempt To Form Faction / 2023: Peter Obi’s Records As Governor Disqualifies Him From Presidency – Ozobu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by Morbeta11(m): 6:16am On Aug 06, 2023
Ohanaeze chieftain petitions Tinubu over alleged attempt to sell Enugu museum land

A chieftain of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Prince Richard Ozobu, has petitioned President Bola Tinubu over an alleged attempt to sell plots of lands belonging to the National Museum, Enugu.

In the petition, Ozobu, who is a former board member of the National Commission for Museums and Monuments, told the President that he had drawn the attention of the authorities of the Enugu museum to the situation, but his complaint was ignored.

He alleged that land grabbers had used bulldozers and other earth moving equipment to demolish buildings, stalls and scattering monuments on the property which belongs to the federal government.

Ozobu lamented that the only interest of the land grabbers is to secretly appropriate the museum land at Ogui junction, Enugu and enrich themselves against the interest of the museum, the federal government and posterity.

He said; “I have been inundated with phone calls and visits from concerned citizens of Enugu state about the surreptitious plan to appropriate the Enugu museum land and littering of its artifacts on the harsh weather. As a former member of the National Commission for Museum and Monuments, I represent the interest of some aggrieved and concerned citizens of Enugu State, in this issue of misappropriation of Enugu Museum land.

”I reached out to the DG, National Commission for Museums and Monuments, Prof.Isa Tijani, but he responded without making any meaningful thing out of my complaint. The Enugu museum land has been preserved for generational advancement of the museum, and shouldnt be sold off, but the land grabbers have used bulldozers to start demolishing buildings, stalls and artifacts of a federal government property in Enugu. I filed the statutory pre-action through my lawyer, but they gave no satisfactory answer and evaded the needed information about the land. It’s shocking that no Director of the NCMM is aware of this transaction. They have gone to museum land at Ogui junction and parcellated into plots and named it MOK museum estate with the intention to sell it to themselves.

“The curator of the Enugu museum in a bid to suppress my pre-action issued a press release and gave that impression that the federal government concessioned the Enugu museum land for 25 years. But we are yet to confirm this claim.”

The Ohanaeze chieftain urged Tinubu to investigate the parcellation of the Enugu museum land and if possible, revoke the alleged acquisition.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/ohanaeze-chieftain-petitions-tinubu-over-alleged-attempt-to-sell-enugu-museum-land/

4 Likes

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by Fejoku: 6:35am On Aug 06, 2023
Hate oozing everywhere. I hope my fellow Igbos are seeing what I'm seeing.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by helinues: 6:38am On Aug 06, 2023

Internal land grabbing

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by IkeGod9891(m): 6:38am On Aug 06, 2023
PoloG:
Stupid inyamiris grin

I wish that we can meet face2face.

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by slawomir: 6:38am On Aug 06, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Selling government property is bad

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by Unperturbedpota: 6:39am On Aug 06, 2023
Fejoku:

Did you read the article at all?

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by jeromestarks: 6:40am On Aug 06, 2023
Every land belongs to the government.

5 Likes

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by Odin13: 6:40am On Aug 06, 2023
ImperialYoruba:
What artefacts does Ibo have to showcase in the museum? What in Ibo history, tangible or intangible, will go on display here? Just curious.

When will Yoruba tribe learn to live without bitterness..
Why so utterly unsecured against their superiors?

Yoruba tribe of southwest Nigeria .. can never breath without igbos of southern nigeria

No matter how they wish to pretend otherwise .. igbos remain their life line ..

That’s the simple truth

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by marley145: 6:41am On Aug 06, 2023
Hatred everywhere Igbo is mentioned,tufiakwa unu

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by Triangles1(m): 6:41am On Aug 06, 2023
They should think about the advantages and heritage.

4 Likes

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by Odin13: 6:42am On Aug 06, 2023
beerfraud:
Ibos just want to reap where they didn’t sow
What happened to Peter Pand0ra Obituary? Can’t he help them as statesman?

This is it ..

No be Yoruba ? grin

Igbos keep torturing this peoples without words..

The bitterness and hate of Yoruba people

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by DenreleDave(m): 6:43am On Aug 06, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Selling government property is bad

But you duping people who work hard for money without remorse is heavenly right?

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by Throwback: 6:43am On Aug 06, 2023
I reached out to the DG, National Commission for Museums and Monuments, Prof.Isa Tijani, but he responded without making any meaningful thing out of my complaint.

You complained to a possible collaborator and expect to see action?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by DenreleDave(m): 6:43am On Aug 06, 2023
grin grin grin cheesy grin

IkeGod9891:

I wish that we can meet face2face.

24 Likes

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by beerfraud: 6:44am On Aug 06, 2023
Odin13:

This is it ..

No be Yoruba ? grin

Igbos keep torturing this peoples without words..

The bitterness and hate of Yoruba people
watin concern Tinubu with your infighting?

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by Odin13: 6:44am On Aug 06, 2023
If not Yoruba tribe .. the self acclaimed sophisticators .. grin

Which other tribe out of 460 Nigerian ethnicities?

Only Yoruba ?

The torture is real..

Igbos must keep doing that .. wish keep making Yoruba hate with all bitterness

This is important

3 Likes

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by Rolings: 6:44am On Aug 06, 2023
Fejoku:

Am igboman calling out an igbo state government is hatred for igbos

We don hear una
I'm sure even you this stupidity is becoming nauseating

23 Likes

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by Odin13: 6:45am On Aug 06, 2023
beerfraud:
watin concern Tinubu with your infighting?

Says a Yoruba human..

Sense ba..

Anybody wey get am.. thank God .

Some no just get..

3 Likes

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by AntiMarxist: 6:45am On Aug 06, 2023
Rubbish.

The land in question is that currently occupied at the back by an array of small drinking joints .

The bars are owned mostly by retired staff of the meusuem.
The meusuem has privatised the land to the front to a private individual (New Berries) and want to do same for the back. I believe the new partners want to build a shopping mall.

Did this chief not know that the affected land he is wasting ink and paper has been occupied by a host of tavern drinking joints ?

Nah everything una go dey lie and waste petition over.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by ronalmagic10(m): 6:45am On Aug 06, 2023
Make I hear say President Tinubu answer you. If una like declare sit at home for 10 years and kill una self

Na una sabi. Today, you're for Pan.dora. Tomorrow you're for cownu

Send the petition to Ekpa the prime minister. He will do justice to it

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by AntiMarxist: 6:46am On Aug 06, 2023
Odin13:

When will Yoruba tribe learn to live without bitterness..
Why so utterly unsecured against their superiors?

Yoruba tribe of southwest Nigeria .. can never breath without igbos of southern nigeria

No matter how they wish to pretend otherwise .. igbos remain their life line ..

That’s the simple truth

Nothing worth viewing is in that meusuem.

8 Likes

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by Allisgud: 6:47am On Aug 06, 2023
Tinubu have started what he is known for,this is how he became no 1 Lagos landlord he wants to extend the business to order state grin

6 Likes

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by Odin13: 6:48am On Aug 06, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Nothing worth viewing is in that meusuem.

And what’s worth viewing in Yoruba land ?

Aside bitterness and abject hatred.. we see everyday from you all

Tell me what’s worth viewing in Yoruba ..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by inoki247: 6:48am On Aug 06, 2023
Lol I think say all land are owned by the State Govt...

4 Likes

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by Bubu4Sea: 6:49am On Aug 06, 2023
Tinubu thinks Nigeria is Lagos he can buy up?

4 Likes

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:49am On Aug 06, 2023
Ashiwaju Jagaban

6 Likes

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by AntiChristian: 6:50am On Aug 06, 2023
What should Jagaban do?

3 Likes

Re: Richard Ozobu Petitions Tinubu Over Attempt To Sell Enugu Museum Land by ManishSmith(m): 6:51am On Aug 06, 2023
So bad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDM Candidate Asks Tribunal To Void Buhari’s Victory, Order Fresh Poll / Another INEC Office Set Ablaze In Imo State (Pics) / N5tn Stolen Under Jonathan –Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.