Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,893 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement (24269 Views)

Military Orders Generals To Retire, Gives Monday Deadline / Army Jolted By Resignations, Warns Against Early Retirement / Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by Biodun556(m): 9:32am On Aug 06, 2023
Zanzibar1:
If they don't retire, new intakes won't be well accomodated into the system and also too it could be to avoid coup, that's why some at a particular stage are asked to resign.

On the bright side, they can start a private military organization after retirement...
Something like the likes of BlackWater,
The Wagner GROUP, Redut
, FAKEL, Slavonic Corps, GEOS etal

Those who overthrow Bassoum in Niger republic were appointees of the past government who was seeking third term in office against Niger constitution

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by Trustedpronet: 9:35am On Aug 06, 2023
It should be how Nigeria lost useless generals from looting war fund. They are part of the problem of Nigeria. Their training has no impart to us as long as they can not tackle Fulani header attacks in jos, Benue etc
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by tishbite42: 9:37am On Aug 06, 2023
ACRI:
Experts are theorists(mostly pessimists) who hardly understand implementation bottlenecks.

There was one professor IBB appointed and he failed woefully in the task to implement the lofty ideas he always churn out outside government.

I don't take them serious

Leave those Generals and top military boys and we won't even have a democracy in the first place l!
Na Wole Soyinka you dey arrow so??
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by tishbite42: 9:38am On Aug 06, 2023
Maxxim:
Why should we listen to Gumi's opinion. Seems he lost something
A terrorist sympathizer has now become military advocate 😁
He was a military doctor
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by samonak(m): 9:43am On Aug 06, 2023
Kenmatt:
I did not go through the detailed article but going by the big story and the Nigeria vs Niger saga which must have prompted this write up, do we really need these men that has grown old in muscle but claim to be rich in experience?

Today's World war has nothing to do with machine guns, AKs, tactics, experiences with out the possession of Missiles, anti- missiles, Weapons of mass destruction, chemicals and devices that can fly very high and travel very far to lunch disasters in enemies abode which Nigeria do not have at the moment.
Those are necessary when you're fighting a conventional war, but Nigeria is fighting an asymmetric war at the moment, the enemy is highly mobile, adopt guerrilla tactics and are missed with the local populace who are meant to be protected. So what is really needed is Intel ( both electronic and human) to distinguish the good guys from the bad and precision strike.
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by rajiedreez: 9:43am On Aug 06, 2023
Make una dey take style publish articles that will trigger the interest and anger of the Generals ,if anything happens we go follow see am.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by piperv: 9:50am On Aug 06, 2023
You should be banned. You're a scam. You're just changing moniker and luring people to fall into your bait. You organize a group make it look legit and scam unsuspecting victims. Hand go soon touch you. Your mind go dey
komijew:
I will make this short. I'm starting a new group where I will be giving full tutorial on two new Arbitrage method that has never been taught anywhere cos I researched them myself and tried both and they are working fine with good profit. So if u are interested in learning these methods, My what'sapp number is on my signature.
Please note that I'm not charging any money for teaching these methods. The complete tutorial is completely free of charge cos I'm already making money from it so I don't need to charge anyone from it

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by starstaz(m): 9:54am On Aug 06, 2023
The seat of military force is located in kaduna, yet the so called general cannot eliminate the bad boys terrorizing the state. General indeed. As a general always remember your reputation is on the line, even if the political class are playing a chess game to undermine the polity for pecuniary gains-the general should stay above board and do the right thing by flushing out the terrorist in our midst and at the end of the day they will earn our respect.
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by Otunski: 9:58am On Aug 06, 2023
Generals with protruding stomach that have never quell street riot in their entire career. Arrant nonsense.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by deekseen(m): 10:07am On Aug 06, 2023
komijew:
I will make this short. I'm starting a new group where I will be giving full tutorial on two new Arbitrage method that has never been taught anywhere cos I researched them myself and tried both and they are working fine with good profit. So if u are interested in learning these methods, My what'sapp number is on my signature.
Please note that I'm not charging any money for teaching these methods. The complete tutorial is completely free of charge cos I'm already making money from it so I don't need to charge anyone from it

Keep trying to scam more people.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by Maxxim: 10:08am On Aug 06, 2023
tishbite42:

He was a military doctor
Okay
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by Iceking1(m): 10:20am On Aug 06, 2023
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by darkmarky(m): 10:25am On Aug 06, 2023
Incompetent lots
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by dalaman: 10:34am On Aug 06, 2023
100s of corrupt and thieving generals. The Nigerian military is one of the most corrupt institutions in the county. All the top brass know how to do is steal and engage in corrupt practices.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by IbroMaka(m): 10:35am On Aug 06, 2023
Generals na enjoyment in Naija...

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by Iceking1(m): 10:38am On Aug 06, 2023
Kenmatt:
I did not go through the detailed article but going by the big story and the Nigeria vs Niger saga which must have prompted this write up, do we really need these men that has grown old in muscle but claim to be rich in experience?

Today's World war has nothing to do with machine guns, AKs, tactics, experiences with out the possession of Missiles, anti- missiles, Weapons of mass destruction, chemicals and devices that can fly very high and travel very far to lunch disasters in enemies abode which Nigeria do not have at the moment.

Your brain is fire 🔥
I wish I have 1% of your wisdom, I really wish 😭
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by AutoChick4U(f): 10:41am On Aug 06, 2023
Zanzibar1:
If they don't retire, new intakes won't be well accomodated into the system and also too it could be to avoid coup, that's why some at a particular stage are asked to resign.

On the bright side, they can start a private military organization after retirement...
Something like the likes of BlackWater,
The Wagner GROUP, Redut
, FAKEL, Slavonic Corps, GEOS etal
Was Kaduna a general before plotting a coup? Lolz
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by JuanDeDios: 11:13am On Aug 06, 2023
Racoon:
Nope! Although there are some exceptional cases the senior military hierarchy have ever produced, however most of these are so called generals have only been tested, proven and trusted in corruption and criminality @ their headquarters offices, officers messes and hobnobbing with corrupt politicians.

They have zilch knowledge of warfare or wartime stamina. The case of Major General Ahmed Otiki whose stole #400M that 5 soldiers absconded with while on transit to lodge the Illicit funds for him in a bank @ Abuja was a classical example.

It is practically unbelievable that Nigeria have this hoardes of senior army officers trained with the lean resources of this nation yet the insurgency ravaging this nation is far from being over after many years.

Guess this is the same Army that produced the likes of Lt General Martin Luther Agwai, Major Generals: Maxwell Kwobe, Ishola Williams, Victor Malu etc who did unspeakable exploits in UN, AU, ECOWAS/ ECOMOG fields of operations back then? Abeg! Retire all of them.
You mean they're pepper soup generals. Hmm.
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by Minime10(f): 11:22am On Aug 06, 2023
JuanDeDios:

You mean they're pepper soup generals. Hmm.

Or maybe, generals on women backside duties 🤓
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by AGBADOAREWAGOAT: 11:40am On Aug 06, 2023
THE TRUE IS BITTER LIKE GBOGBO NI SHEH
MAGANI BURANTASHI
OTA PIA PIA

Big tommy generals, Majors with bellies, retire them so that foot sojas like MANNABBQ with enter n chop agbado

IDONBLIVIT
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by Bubu4Sea: 11:53am On Aug 06, 2023
complexstuffs:

IPOB and hate are like 5&6

Northern generals are still the finest till this day showing discipline and professionalism while SE are the worst who are given to all kinds of emotional display, hatred and BIGOTRY.
What can the North achieve without quota system?

The North is a 4king burden on the test of the south.
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by Reference(m): 12:02pm On Aug 06, 2023
Only restructuring will put an end to that.
Only restructuring will separate institutions from the ravages of bigotry and crass sentiment.
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by Reference(m): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2023
rajiedreez:
Make una dey take style publish articles that will trigger the interest and anger of the Generals ,if anything happens we go follow see am.

You fear because you know the present government is vastly unpopular no thanks to shady elections and that their lukewarm governance so far is not a warm blanket to console all an sundry.

What we always tell you folks is that a working democracy in deed has no foe. When leadership in particular plays by the rules they have no concern whatsoever.

Interact with the people always, make them part of your decision making, share their pains, make the country work for them and you will sleep with two eyes closed.

Or you think the armed forces are insulated from the cost of living crises, insecurity hurting their families back home and you must know that by their profession and place in society, they of all people have the details of who is doing what with their collective wealth.

So abeg in the interest of self preservation tell your principals to lead this nation aright.
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by complexstuffs(m): 12:16pm On Aug 06, 2023
Bubu4Sea:

What can the North achieve without quota system?

The North is a 4king burden on the test of the south.

I actually stopped reading your rants after the first few lines because like all IIGB0S, it was filled with ignorance, hatred and BIGOTRY.

You are so blinded by ignorance, hate and bigotry that you just failed to realise that not everyone online is a Southerner.

You actually proved with your ilogical and incoherent rants that the IIGB0S are not fit to hold political or management positions

It is absolutely pointless going into a discuss with someone like you.
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by Zanzibar1: 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2023
Biodun556:

Those who overthrow Bassoum in Niger republic were appointees of the past government who was seeking third term in office against Niger constitution
I am a novice sir and not that verse in politics as you. All the same, I am one of your biggest fans on nairaland. I like your threads

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by francisobiabo(m): 12:26pm On Aug 06, 2023
You are very correct sir...
Curse777:
cool

The last rank in Army obtained by merit is Colonel

Lt General, MJ General , General these are all Political position

Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by Lincton: 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2023
Terrorism flourished during their era and you think number of generals we have matters?
Let them retire in peace
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by CloudTrees(f): 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2023
Trustedpronet:
It should be how Nigeria lost useless generals from looting war fund. They are part of the problem of Nigeria. Their training has no impart to us as long as they can not tackle Fulani header attacks in jos, Benue etc
are you sure? I don't think Nigeria army are that organized to pull off that kind of crime. I might be wrong tho
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by CloudTrees(f): 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2023
Lincton:
Terrorism flourished during their era and you think number of generals we have matters?
Let them retire in peace
abi ooo
Re: How Nigeria ‘lost’ Hundreds Of Generals To Early Retirement by HRMK: 12:59pm On Aug 06, 2023
but for the series of their military take over whereby they arbitrarily promoted themselves,how many of them would have become a #general?do we really need to be bothered about that when there is no external attack and they couldnt handle the extremist effectively?the only thing lost is the money spent in their trainning!LOBATAN!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Bomb Blast At ThisDay Office In Kaduna, 10 Killed / FG Approves $403m Loan For 4 APC Governors (lagos, Rivers, Ogun & Osun) / Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.