Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,740 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight (31308 Views)

My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin / Air Peace 14-Hour Flight To China, Breaks Nigerian Aviation's Record / Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Greenfaces: 11:59am On Aug 07, 2023
Please lets be calling this country Neejayr. Its very confusing to me. Whenever i see it i read it as Niger like niger state. Imagine trying to write Neejayrians as Nigerians. That would automatically be Nigerians. You know what i mean
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Viridis(m): 12:00pm On Aug 07, 2023
sangresan:

You didn't read that Wagner has opened shop in Niamey? Are you saying that Wagnerites have no SAM?
even Wagner sef don't have SAMs
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Obainomilano: 12:00pm On Aug 07, 2023
AntiMarxist:

The only reason commercial flights will avoid the airspace because no insurance company will cover them if they route through Niger airspace.

they have no rights to route the airspace once there is an order of closure by those in charge whether legitimate or illegitimate.....
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by omat20(m): 12:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
My advice to our president BAT is that if he knows he wants to invade Niger, his defense troops must supercede the offence troops.Because there will be internal battles here. For example, Boko Haram, Isil, ESN,Oduduwa attacks on Nigeria might be on the rise.
NB: Asari and his boys can't fight all these.
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Omodua(m): 12:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
Cheryph200:
We don’t need this,people are dying already I don’t know why they can’t let Niger be and settle their internal conflict between themselves,they shouldn’t drag us into unnecessary war
Abi o. My thought too.
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by a4cube: 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Google Wolfowitz Doctrine and you will understand what Washington is up to.

The US needs to create another WW2 scenario on a global scale to keep the rest of the world embroiled in conflict and turmoil so as to remain the top dog .

The US only emerged as a Super Power after WW2 following the destruction of Europe .

With BRICS challenging the status quo, the US wants a hard reset and to achieve that they are setting up wars of attrition across the globe using proxies.

The US still feels invisible owing to its natural separation from the rest of the world by two oceans.

Since 1945, the US has maintained a foreign policy of meddling. See it as a Tower of Babel moment where when any nation strives above a set industrial,economic or military status, the US steps in to weaken or destroy it.

As I said , get a hold of the Wolfowitz Doctrine and see how Washington's belligerency and endless wars are tied to them maintaining global supremacy.
Another hogwash. Simple question is the US with the Junta or With the disposed President Your fellow agbadorians are saying Russia is behind the Junta(bc of gas pipeline) while US and France are behind the Druggie and Ecowas.
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Entanglement: 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2023
Triangles1:
Nigeria is battling Boko Haram Ebola, IPOB Malaria Typhoid but they still want to inherit Niger Republic Coronavirus.

as a health worker. You are talking rubbish and. undecided
Na your papa bring ebola come Nigeria?
There's no ebola in Nigeria biko!
Stop using your dirty mouth to spread false information

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Chetas81(m): 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2023
ChatterHouse:
smiley

Bombaclat
bomboclat&babilan
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2023
AntiMarxist:
Last I checked the airspace is closed to flights below FL270.

Can Niger even police their airspace ?

Do they have total radar coverage or the resources to enforce a total airspace lockdown?

They've only two rusty SU-25s and zero SAMs.

The junta is a joke.
Radar that they got from the French ... Commercial Aircraft must avoid the route to avoid collateral damage ....but I smell this countries will be broken to small pieces ..the commercial Airlines will be burning fuel here by messing up the concept of taking a flight in the first place which is the shortest route first.
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by uuzba(m): 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Do they have total radar coverage or the resources to enforce a total airspace lockdown?

The junta is a joke.
Tomorrow, when they kidnap British people anywhere and cut their head,
you will be asking whether they can police their air space.
Just leave their air space O. No find their trouble.
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Vado(m): 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
Viridis:

With what
Catapult?

Where were you when Boko Haram was bringing military aircrafts down with guns mounted on Hilux vehicles.,?
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Omodua(m): 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2023
post=124940743:

On Saturday, the African Union (AU) gave the soldiers 15 days to return to their barracks and restore civil rule in the country.
Niger will also be suspended from all financial assistance and transactions with financial institutions within ECOWAS.

Peace is all we want in our world.

God bless AFRICA......from all of us @MANNA!

GOD BLESS NIGERIA 🇳🇬
Niger people wants change. And the change came. Why then interfering in their internal affairs.

Who democracy EPP. Nigeria is an example where democracy has brought untold hardship to the citizens.

Let Niger be. Let's face our multidimensional problems here than nosing on external issues.
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2023
Viridis:
even Wagner sef don't have SAMs
hw do u knw dey don't have?
are u their PRO?

Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by uuzba(m): 12:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
Bouncin:
Can the w'ar start already. Too much of wasting time undecided
People that are too lazy to fight
... have zero ideals in life..
...nor are capable of suffering the consequences of war...
.. They are the ones calling for war.
Nonsense talk.
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by MetaFiles230709: 12:15pm On Aug 07, 2023
AntiMarxist:

How is the no fly zone Ekpa declared on Biafra working out so far ?

shey the thing pain you say you dey intellectually handicapped?
na only noise they use sabi keyboard warriors like you, when en go set na your dirty slimmy smelly mama toto you go jabo inside shouting egbamiooo
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by ajutant(m): 12:22pm On Aug 07, 2023
Niger Republic may have borrowed from Russia, and Wagner group is there to do the needful. In any case don't underestimate your enemies especially when they believe you are the superior opponent.

AntiMarxist:

The junta is a joke.
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Agboogashi: 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
Desammyst:
We pray for peace in Jesus name. Amen!
The way Tinubu is going about this is not right. Everything is all about dialogue, especially when it's a matter that doesn't concern you.

Even the matter that concerns you, e.g. someone owes you money, and refuses to pay back, you will still dialogue.

Buhari was chairman of ECOWAS when there was coup in Mali and the other country. He didn't do anything. Buhari is military general and he was quiet about it. Why? Because he knows the extent military officers go when provoked.

Now Tinubu is provoking Niger's military officers in their own matter. Please he should calm down o, because the entire West Africa would be on shutdown.

May God bless us all. Amen!

Why are people giving this illegitimate leader so much clout. If he feels he's that powerful, let him declare war on Niger.
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Zane2point4(m): 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
AntiMarxist:

The junta is a joke.
Hahahhha honestly my brother, with high attitude all the jet will pass undecteted

1 Like

Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Generalyemi(m): 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2023
AntiMarxist:

The junta is a joke.

Fok around and find out
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Zane2point4(m): 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2023
Desammyst:
The way Tinubu is going about this is not right. Everything is all about dialogue, especially when it's a matter that doesn't concern you.

Even the matter that concerns you, e.g. someone owes you money, and refuses to pay back, you will still dialogue.

Buhari was chairman of ECOWAS when there was coup in Mali and the other country. He didn't do anything. Buhari is military general and he was quiet about it. Why? Because he knows the extent military officers go when provoked.

Now Tinubu is provoking Niger's military officers in their own matter. Please he should calm down o, because the entire West Africa would be on shutdown.

Is buhari even aware Thats the big question you shld ask,he was just there as a ceremonial president,the biggest dummy on earth!
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Viridis(m): 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2023
Vado:

Where were you when Boko Haram was bringing military aircrafts down with guns mounted on Hilux vehicles.,?
If it is true then that means those jets flew low to drop bombs more accurately. You can never shoot down a commercial airplane at the altitude it flies
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Thekaghan: 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2023
Awesome analysis from a big fool. What can the president ever do right ?
Desammyst:

Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by panpan(m): 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2023
The federal government should restore electricity supply to Niger Republic.
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by occfx: 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2023
timiade446:
That one no go sabi shoot for ordinary free fire 😂not to talk of real life scenario

He must lead by example before recruiting 50m youths
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Morbeta11(m): 12:35pm On Aug 07, 2023
sangresan:

Blah blah blah...I don't support military intervention in Niger, but I support Tinubu's victory in the last election. I know those who supported Atiku and Obi in the last election who are hyping Nigeria's military prowess and saying nothing will happen if ECOWAS invade Niamey. What do you have to say to this?

You think everybody will always follow your childish line of reasoning?

Who be this one?......who opened the cage for this dimwit.

Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by bluesugar18: 12:39pm On Aug 07, 2023
AntiMarxist:

Only a fool underestimate his enemy, I bet if u were a soldier u would have been killed in force 😛😛😛

The junta is a joke.
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by DARLINGTON869(m): 12:39pm On Aug 07, 2023
Realistically speaking, I doubt there is a single SAM (Surface to air missile) at Niger's disposal to bring down planes crossing their airspace. I also don't think they have enough reconnaissance and fighter jets that can completely cover patrol missions over their country's airspace
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Guyman01: 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2023
AntiMarxist:

The junta is a joke.
WAGNER is around the horizon, you saw how they are bringing down Ukraine fighter jets and also recall the Malaysian jet that was brought down in Ukraine.
You also forgot that NATO supplied MANPADS to Libya Rebels and many soldiers Gaddafi Army came from Niger which shares a border with them.
Anti aircraft guns are there in there armoury and civilian jets are slow
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by fastseo1: 12:52pm On Aug 07, 2023
AntiMarxist:

The junta is a joke.

for a country that produce urinum in abundance while France which has non of this resources has all the technology.
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by Guyman01: 12:54pm On Aug 07, 2023
SeeThisLoser:

Trust me Pal, there are many people with all sorts of weapons in that SAHEL region who can bring down MIGs talk less of passenger air craft. Remember your BOKO HARAM folk shot down a Nigerian military jet.
Its hard responding to Agbadonic Spirits blinded by sentiments
Re: Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight by slimthugchimee2(m): 12:56pm On Aug 07, 2023
Greenfaces:
Please lets be calling this country Neejayr. Its very confusing to me. Whenever i see it i read it as Niger like niger state. Imagine trying to write Neejayrians as Nigerians. That would automatically be Nigerians. You know what i mean

Nigeriens

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: 70 Rams & 1 Man Killed / Peace Mass Bus Involved In Accident In Irete, Owerri Road (Graphic Video) / Heavy Traffic On Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Fuel Tanker Spills Content (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.