Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,483 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss (14385 Views)

Women's W/cup: Each Super Falcons' Player To Earn N46m For Reaching Round Of 16 / FIFA Women's W/Cup: Obi hails Super Falcons' Fighting Spirit In Draw Vs Canada / FIFA Confirms Super Eagles As Youngest Squad During 2018 W/cup Qualifiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Angelfrost(m): 12:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
Super Falcons did well... They stole today's show.

I was disappointed they couldn't capitalize on the Red card to Reece James' sister.

However, they won our hearts... They were just unlucky.
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by worksmart(m): 12:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
Too bad Nigeria has become sick with Ebola angry

Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Omodua(m): 12:47pm On Aug 07, 2023
festacman:
So sad to lose in this way. Working hard all day and then lost it to poor penalties.

I still doubt whether Super Falcons prepared for penalty and drew up list of takers according strengths before this match. We had this match when England lost their first penalty but the managers order of penalty takers killed it.

Still super proud of Super Falcons. Made the European champion English Lionesses look ordinary. Made Nigeria and Africa proud.

Now, time to go for African Women Cup of Nations as the least compensation while preparing for next World Cup. NFF should swallow its pride and retain the manager to continue moulding the team rather bring in another new hands.
Exactly. The Truth.

Michelle Alozie ought not have been selected as one of the penalty takers because of the psychological trauma of losing that chance to score during regulations time.
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Angelfrost(m): 12:48pm On Aug 07, 2023
worksmart:

What is the matter with you?!! undecided

Please, apply more decorum and sense when making comments about sensitive things like Ebola disease which claimed lots of lives in the past.
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Sleekfingers: 12:50pm On Aug 07, 2023
Austineva:
Keep hailing the failure of the zoo. Zoo is gone and can never rise again. Am very much happy for the terrible lose of the zoo
Republic of Biafra Remains my Nation
Am πŸ’―+in support of the young African justas especially the current Niger Putchists/Juntas

Olodo. It is ' I am " not Am
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Segzy19: 12:53pm On Aug 07, 2023
Penalty kick is the expertise of England.
However, African teams are not that good at penalties. We don't really train for it like the Europeans...

But then it was a good performance from the ladies.
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by ReubenE(m): 12:54pm On Aug 07, 2023
festacman:
So sad to lose in this way. Working hard all day and then lost it to poor penalties.

I still doubt whether Super Falcons prepared for penalty and drew up list of takers according strengths before this match. We had this match when England lost their first penalty but the managers order of penalty takers killed it.

Still super proud of Super Falcons. Made the European champion English Lionesses look ordinary. Made Nigeria and Africa proud.

Now, time to go for African Women Cup of Nations as the least compensation while preparing for next World Cup. NFF should swallow its pride and retain the manager to continue moulding the team rather bring in another new hands.
I think you are right with the bold in my suspicion as well.

We did not prepare for penalty and certainly did not prepare to play against a ten player situation. When we had the advantage, we were still playing wrong long balls that we made nothing out of in order for the opposition not to catch us on the counter. Building play from the ground and charging our attack to be more decisive in the final third would have yielded a better result as our midfield and defense was largely okay. Allowing Alozie (one of the least experienced) to take that second penalty kick after we missed the first is another contestable decision especially from the buildup of enormous pressure after missing the first kick.

Like what most people say, penalty is a game of luck so we must rely on that to heal our wounds, but Nigeria blew away a very big chance to progress to the next stage.
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by superCleanworks(m): 12:57pm On Aug 07, 2023
Hurrah to the girls.

they fought well.

most of the men blaming them here can not stand after 40 minutes of running. Not to talk of taking penalty shots after 120 minutes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Hussein035: 1:01pm On Aug 07, 2023
Austineva:
Keep hailing the failure of the zoo. Zoo is gone and can never rise again. Am very much happy for the terrible lose of the zoo
Am πŸ’―+in support of the young African justas especially the current Niger Putchists/Juntas

You shall never do anything good in life until you leave Nigeria for us to join your JUNTAS

AMEN
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Undisputed147: 1:01pm On Aug 07, 2023
Honestly they did extremely well. Penalty is a game of 50 50,even the better side can end up losing in penalty kick. A very great effort and they should keep it up and higher. I'm really impressed
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by TheSuperX(m): 1:03pm On Aug 07, 2023
They tried but they should have done better.
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by EleventhWeirdo: 1:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Tinubu's administration is a disaster

Failing in all areas even before it starts

You this career criminal, are you cur$ed?
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

You will be tagged IPOB for this by Agbadorians.
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by jrusky(m): 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2023
Austineva:

You see your life? You see as people just ignored your madness?

Ndooh! You go learn in hard way las las.
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Unrated900(m): 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2023
Take henieken

quote author=BOSSkesh post=124942955]Omo this loss pain me
I’m definitely not happy right now[/quote]
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Samtob90(m): 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2023
Austineva:
Unfortunately, nobody is hailing a zoo,it is Nigeria and super Falcons that are being hailed for representing the country. Your Biafra is a fiction of imagination.
Stop running to other regions you detest so much
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Marjoribanks: 1:16pm On Aug 07, 2023
At the end of the day/tournament only one team not even two will be happy (win the tournament). Eat my dear friend. We live to fight another day! Peace!
BOSSkesh:
Omo this loss pain me
I’m definitely not happy right now

1 Like

Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by FireUpNow(m): 1:16pm On Aug 07, 2023
ArchiLimited:
I'm never one to throw blames but immediately Alozie stepped up to take her pk, I knew she would miss it. Don't ask me how I knew but I've been watching football for a long time. I sincerely think the coaches failed to practice penalties in training which was obvious in his choice of pk takers. I hope they learn from this. It's painful because the clearly better team lost. They did us proud for 120 mins though

You already made your blame. It's alright let's move on and congratulate the girls for good ooutings.
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by maticar: 1:16pm On Aug 07, 2023
ubest1:
The pains still make me dey operate unstable in office right now
if you like dont focus make dem no change am for you there
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Image123(m): 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2023
Obi has not yet been informed or aware?
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Djele: 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2023
Tinubu that's not aware of things happening in his surroundings
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Johnthesuccess: 1:56pm On Aug 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Oloriburuku,you dey meant. So the women basketball team that won the African cup nko? Oloshi,ee nii kure sir.
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Johnthesuccess: 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2023
worksmart:
Badluck Ebola

Oloshi,omo irankiran,ee nii Kure.
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Zxcvbnmghtr: 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2023
updatechange:
England use the mind game to win… first they were overrating Assisat oshoala considering her popularity so that the attention will be shifted to her and her team thereby making them look like the underdog.
They also know that Nigerians are very boastful in nature and exudes pride in any slight achievement. The chest beating has failed us
😭😭

There was no mind game. Did you watch the match from the beginning to the end? Asisat didn't even play in the first half. On the contrary. The girls did so well. The game ended in penalties. Something that alot of people had been envisaging that Nigeria would be trashed. There was no mind game. Am very proud of those girls. Even Messi does misses penalties too. Anyway, it's just a game.
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Johnthesuccess: 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2023
worksmart:

Oloriburuku, nothing dey una skull. So the women basketball team that won the African championship nko? Una no go die better. Naa high blood pressure go keee all of una. Your Peter obi no go get draw. Ee nii Kure.
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by appswarda: 2:10pm On Aug 07, 2023
Download apk Apps . Free and safe download. Download the latest version of the top software, games, programs and apps in 2023
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Kusu12: 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Coming from a failed Internet fraudster. Pathetic!
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Steinmann: 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2023
#DAY 71 (STOLEN MANDATE)
PRAYER : May God give us the leader we voted for and save us from NEBUCHADNEZZAR.
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Poske95(m): 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
Ejiakusmith:
I didn't watch the match ⚽⚽⚽ but am so proud 🦚🦚πŸ₯² the hight they archive this year 🌎🌎 world cup

If the motivation was more than this maybe it would have come home......
Prior this competition,Naija no fall hand : all the admin brouhaha, etc which we are synonymous for came to play......
Sweden met their match and prevailed.....
Almost has been the bane of the tale.....when will it be victory ! !! ?
It will still not start a paradigm in female sports development, girls will still be 4th wives, and fathers will still be stressing over their girls' victory celebration......
....athletics, basketball.....almost in soccer
Thanks Falcons

1 Like

Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by Gamesmart: 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2023
HonNL:

Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Atiku Abubakar

Emeka Ihedioha

Abubakar Bukola Saraki

Useless, men.

None of them watch the match o. Just got their aide to write some generic shyt.

None mentioned the dominating play against a superior team.
Re: FIFA Women's W/cup: Tinubu, Atiku, Others Hail Super Falcons Despite Loss by 12inchess: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2023
festacman:

It's obvious they weren't prepared for Penalties. England was.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joseph Yobo Meets With Rabiu Kwankwaso At An Event In Lagos. Photos / Emery Strips Xhaka Of Arsenal Captaincy And Gives It To Aubameyang / AFCON 2022: Tunisia Vs Mali (0 - 1) On 12th January 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.