Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) (40093 Views)

Edo Unemployment Rate Falls From 25.1% To 19%, Obaseki Claims Achievement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by Tommydare(m): 6:46pm On Aug 07, 2023
Stupid stats. How do they come up with it? Were they asking around from place to place? Or just some mere assumption?
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by Ebuchi688(m): 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2023
Those are meaningless countries in the food chain
DEXTROVERT:
Unemployment
In
Nja is more than 33%
Especially apart from Lagos, Abuja and PH

Besides
Where
Is
The
Statistics
From
Niger
Somalia
Uganda

Or
They
Are
Less
Than
9%
If
Not
Na yeye statistics.
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by nedekid: 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2023
Nolevel666:

Northern Nigeria is our problem

Their religion and way of life will turn a 1st world country to a 4th world in less than one year.

See the other one that was caught disassembling 2nd niger bridge in the name of scavenging
Or the other ones caught stealing underground cable at the airport.

What sane and educated human will risk their lives to dismantle a bridge they are standing on?

Or live amoured cable that could electrocute them?

Their population density and apathy for education is the most disgusting part of it.

If only we can disengage from them let them join niger republic.

I feel flora shaw did it on purpose in case we decide to ask for independence so as to act stumbling block for further development.

Makes no sense amalgamating these people with the rest of the country (south,east, west) that they clearly know are ahead of them(north) in terms of human development index.
Let me gist you. When we were kids, we had one elderly aboki we called baba malam. This guy called me and complained that the Gen changeover switch was "chooking". I could not figure out what he meant. This guy now goes there and grabs it, then screams, e chook me! Naughty me, I called my older brother to come see. Told aboki to explain, Bros you wount believe this guy to describe, held the change over and it gave him a heavy shock. Hmm, we went to call another sibling, this man again described with it shocking him. It was hilarious, it was no longer that it was shocking him, but the supprise and humor for us as kids was that he kept getting heavily shocked to the point of it throwing him on the ground. After the 6th shock, we thought we were taking it too far, this aboki was as dry as stock fish. We finally had to make him know we understood what he meant, and there was no need for him to touch it again.
This is not to disparage any tribe oh. Na just gist.

4 Likes

Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by aurecia: 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
I am not sure about the Credibility of this Statistics. Nevertheless, we know unemployment rate is high in Nigeria.

We understand that our Leaders have been a big problem over the years but we the people also need to constantly check ourselves and try to do better.

1. We are broke and we still bear children like Pigs. Why won't unemployment rate be high.

2. Family members will not be able to raise N1,000,000 or borrow N1,000,000 for you to start a Business but they can raise N5,000,000 for your wedding ceremony.

The list goes on and on
so true
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by boiler14: 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2023
Alot of Nigerians don't want to work,not all but alot.free money.truth is bitter
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by bonnyhope: 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
I am not sure about the Credibility of this Statistics. Nevertheless, we know unemployment rate is high in Nigeria.

We understand that our Leaders have been a big problem over the years but we the people also need to constantly check ourselves and try to do better.

1. We are broke and we still bear children like Pigs. Why won't unemployment rate be high.

2. Family members will not be able to raise N1,000,000 or borrow N1,000,000 for you to start a Business but they can raise N5,000,000 for your wedding ceremony.

The list goes on and on

Waht about money lavish on funeral

What about money lavish on costly jewelry, flashy cars and so on.

We are too wasteful in this country starting from individual to govt
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by Nolevel666: 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2023
nedekid:

Let me gist you. When we were kids, we had one elderly aboki we called baba malam. This guy called me and complained that the Gen changeover switch was "chooking". I could not figure out what he meant. This guy now goes there and grabs it, then screams, e chook me! Naughty me, I called my older brother to come see. Told aboki to explain, Bros you wount believe this guy to describe, held the change over and it gave him a heavy shock. Hmm, we went to call another sibling, this man again described with it shocking him. It was hilarious, it was no longer that it was shocking him, but the supprise and humor for us as kids was that he kept getting heavily shocked to the point of it throwing him on the ground. After the 6th shock, we thought we were taking it too far, this aboki was as dry as stock fish. We finally had to make him know we understood what he meant, and there was no need for him to touch it again.
This is not to disparage any tribe oh. Na just gist.

Couldn’t stop laughing

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2023
Puss360:
Lol.. it's actually expected... Government cannot be the only employer of labour... Private individuals also need to establish business..
Here, the citizens are actually the problem...
Politicians- when they have money, they spend it abroad, taking their families out... Carrying our money out ...
Wealthy Citizens- they work here, and spend their naira outside the country. Go on vacations outside, finance their childrens' education abroad....
Even those with ill-gotten wealth (Yahoo guys and some religious leaders) they just Keep spending the money without using it to even empower or encourage production...
Japa syndrome is also a factor... Ask any or some Nigerians what will they do if they have 5 MILLION NAIRA, first thing that comes their mind is to find way to Japa....

So you can see that, if there's no business profit making establishment, where will the creation of jobs come from?? Who will employ the vast majority of able bodied youth

Nobody can solve our problems except we ourselves....

Like glaxosmithkline established and the same government chased them and several other companies out of Nigeria due to bad economic policies. Keep deceiving yourselves
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
kings59:
The funny thing here is that some people are doubting the statistics because their person is in power.

f you don't open your eyes and learn the truth, you will see yourself falling when it's too late.

There is no need stressing yourself.

Black/Nigerians especially are known to be the best when it comes to not being Proactive in everything.

They always learn the Hardest Way.
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by Alpharey: 7:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
To think that some agbadorians always call a part of Nigeria as Afga Eastern, believing that they are better than Afghanistan. See your life? Guinea fowl thinking it has the same value with peacock. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by MT: 7:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
headboyprince:

you have no sense guy, who told you Nigeria is competing with the developed countries, in what way manner or form has Nigeria ever competed.? grin besides this has nothing to do with population, its based on population size...
if they count the number of unemployed people in the world no one will come close to Nigeria... ... this is just based on sample size of 1000 or 10000 random samples... grin

I doubt you have left Nigeria before or read so vast. You will not disparage Nigeria in this manner if you have done either.
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2023
headboyprince:

You have no sense guy, who told you Nigeria is competing with the developed countries, in what way manner or form has Nigeria ever competed.? grin besides this has nothing to do with population, its based on population size.

If they count the number of unemployed people in the world no one will come close to Nigeria..

This is just based on sample size of 1000 or 10000 random samplesgrin

You dey mind the Wereeeyygrin
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by YouAreNobody: 7:50pm On Aug 07, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Chai , Even war ravaged countries like Iraq, Ukraine etc still have less unemployed people than Nigeria and someone still believes that Nigeria is working, OK, Nigeria has every indices of remaining a perpetually poor country until the present status quo is dismantled sad
That's the most shameful part, Iraq that has been at war for almost 10 years has better employment rate than us

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by Chachamiliano: 7:53pm On Aug 07, 2023
Puss360:
Lol.. it's actually expected... Government cannot be the only employer of labour... Private individuals also need to establish business..
Here, the citizens are actually the problem...
Politicians- when they have money, they spend it abroad, taking their families out... Carrying our money out ...
Wealthy Citizens- they work here, and spend their naira outside the country. Go on vacations outside, finance their childrens' education abroad....
Even those with ill-gotten wealth (Yahoo guys and some religious leaders) they just Keep spending the money without using it to even empower or encourage production...
Japa syndrome is also a factor... Ask any or some Nigerians what will they do if they have 5 MILLION NAIRA, first thing that comes their mind is to find way to Japa....

So you can see that, if there's no business profit making establishment, where will the creation of jobs come from?? Who will employ the vast majority of able bodied youth

Nobody can solve our problems except we ourselves....

I disagree with your assertion. It is very expensive to own a business in Nigeria. The worst hit are the guys in the manufacturing sectors the factors ranges from multiple taxations, employee's dishonesty, epileptics power supply, no credit facility or high interest rate on borrowed funds, high cost of transportation, sourcing of local materials the list goes on and go.
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by Revolva(m): 7:58pm On Aug 07, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:

The list goes on and on

Which family member go donate for you for your wedding .....you are on your own when you marry o except you are from a super rich family
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by headboyprince(m): 8:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
Burob:
What of India?
India is 6% ...nigeria is worse.
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by headboyprince(m): 8:07pm On Aug 07, 2023
MT:

I doubt you have left Nigeria before or read so vast. You will not disparage Nigeria in this manner if you have done either.
I don't need to leave Nigeria to know it's one of the worst countries in earth presently ... cool

Corruption, unemployment, terriorism, poverty capital of world...should I continue ... grin
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by headboyprince(m): 8:08pm On Aug 07, 2023
Burob:
I don’t quite understand your laughter, please are you implying, that you were born in a shit hole?
yes I was born im a shit hole..thats why I wish to leave the shithole
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by oyeb15: 8:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
I need to leave this country. I don't care Iran or iraq

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by Maazieze(m): 8:17pm On Aug 07, 2023
APC effect don ruin this country
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by MrsTwrite(f): 8:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
Honestly Nigeria no bam when it comes for job opportunities.
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by MrsTwrite(f): 8:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
oyeb15:
I need to leave this country. I don't care Iran or iraq

I dey your back.
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by Elev82014: 8:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
I believe that Nigeria's unemployment rate is overly understated. it should be in the neighborhood of over 45%
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by MT: 8:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
headboyprince:
I don't need to leave Nigeria to know it's one of the worst countries in earth presently ... cool

Corruption, unemployment, terriorism, poverty capital of world...should I continue ... grin

Sometime, we are the problem and we feel it is the country.

Maybe you need to upskill to be more relevant in the scheme of things. Foreigners, some people living in Nigeria who are positive thinker will see the same country differently in a positive light, create solution to problems and start making money while some of you will be grumbling like the nation should come and be giving you handout.

The choice is yours.
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by MT: 8:27pm On Aug 07, 2023
YouAreNobody:

That's the most shameful part, Iraq that has been at war for almost 10 years has better employment rate than us

Dont you think it is time to relocate to Iraq and grab that job?
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by MostImportant(m): 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2023
This is one of the things you easily see Nigeria topping the chart. Always on the negative.
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by EdiskyHarry: 8:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
Nigeria is a failed nation
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by highchief1: 8:47pm On Aug 07, 2023
GeneralPula:
Naija with over 200m population is at 33%..

SA with less than 70m population is at 32%..

Naso job no dey SA reach?
one single job no Dey der na.no try am o
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by YouAreNobody: 8:59pm On Aug 07, 2023
boiler14:
Alot of Nigerians don't want to work,not all but alot.free money.truth is bitter
Does this bullshit you just spewed make any sense to you? Nigeria has the highest unemployment rate in the world and you're saying it's because they don't want to work.
Did you give them gainful employment and they chose not to work? abi you spoke simply because you can?

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by YouAreNobody: 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2023
MT:

Dont you think it is time to relocate to Iraq and grab that job?
No need, I already have several people working for me
Re: Unemployment Rate In The World, Nigeria Tops (photos) by remsonik(f): 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2023
It better to be working on your own,self employed in this country Nigeria than working for anyone,or company cos with the current economic situation of the country even those working are underpaid and you need to live within your means. So find a business,learn a skill and manage your expenses well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abducted Kankara Katsina Schoolboys Released - Punch / Tinubu Returns To Nigeria from UK / David Umahi Inspects The Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.