Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit (23366 Views)

Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari / Expect Knocks On Your Door Whether You Go To Daura Or Niger - Tinubu To Buhari / Photos Of Osinbajo In Ghana To Represent President Buhari At ECOWAS Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by nairalandkachy1: 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2023
ECOWAS Heads of State to hold another Extraordinary Summit on the Political Situation in the Republic of Niger

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Chairman of the Authority of Heads of State and Government of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has convened another Extraordinary Summit of the Authority on the political situation in the Republic of Niger. The Summit will hold in Abuja, on Thursday, August 10, 2023.

The ECOWAS Leaders will be considering and discussing the political situation and recent developments in Niger during the Summit.

https://twitter.com/ecowas_cedeao/status/1688543504593559553?t=vhvGvRSnRbr7aIFzkzVtKg&s=19

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by taylor88(m): 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2023
Nigeria has the world highest unemployment rate on earth

Nigeria is the world poverty capital on earth

Tinubu left what he’s supposed to be working on and wants to spend billions of dollars to fight his fellow illegitimate criminal

You thief mandate another man thief him own mandate you say he should return his own while you’re holding your own tight

How can a thief betray his fellow thief

80% of Niger citizens are happy about the coup

So what exactly is Ebolas problem

If I talk now una go say I hate Nigeria and Tinubu

Bcuz if I type wetin dey my finger now everywhere go burst

We’ve hunger, security, livelihood issues in Nigeria and all Tinubu cares for is Niger

I no wan talk because e go loud

244 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by immortalcrown(m): 5:14pm On Aug 07, 2023
What a shame from Niger to the issuers of empty threats.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by Saifullah01: 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2023
I think the president was too hasty, this has really presented him in bad light in the African continent and especially the sub region.

He urgently needs his advisers and cabinet in place and under no circumstances should any foreign ambassador/ lobby/investor be left to have a one on one with the president without his kitchen cabinet.

We all no the president is no spring chicken any more less they sweet talk him into irrational decisions for their interest and and at the detriment of the president himself or the nation

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by festacman(m): 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2023
As at now , the issue between ECOWAS and Niger is a Mexican standoff situation. I think President Tinubu was a bit too hasty and naive in leading ECOWAS to give deadlines in order to impress the West and particularly his personal friend and 'landlord' in France. Now, he has to manage the embarrassment of not carrying out the threat.

ECOWAS should buy time and save face by stylishly tell AU to come in beg them to stay action until AU talks to the Junta in Niger. grin

Personally, I believe the ship has sailed and ECOWAS' workable option now is to pressure the junta to draw up timetable to return Niger to democracy within shortest possible time.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by Kukutente23: 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
He is still on the matter?
This is becoming unacceptable
How many meetings has Tinubu called on subsidy removal and the plummeting naira?
How many has he called on insecurity?

The best he can do is to let go of the sycophants he has surrounded himself with for the past 24 years in Lagos and get sound minds around him.

If it were Lagos, his foot soldiers and sycophants would have bullied everyone into submission.
But this is Nigeria, where some interests and allegiances run deeper than money.

You can't get everyone to bow to your whims like a mafia boss in a multi- ethnic and religious country like Nigeria.

Nigeria has more serious issues than a coup in Niger or looking good in a ceremonial ecowas role which is largely a toothless ekuke.

Baba should face the task of renewing Nigerians' hope as he promised and LEAVE NIGER ALONE!!

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by taylor88(m): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
jonapeters:
Watching ECOWAS next step

You go watch tire

Tinubu should hand guns to Seyi and his wife Remi to go fight Niger and leave our poor armies alone

67 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by Ttalk: 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
cry

35 Likes

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by SalamRushdie: 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2023
Tinubu one of the most unpopular presidents ever does not have the support of Nigerians to go Niger, he should know if he goes he is on his own , the Coup plotters of Niger are more popular in Niger than Tinubu is in Nigeria

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by Racoon(m): 5:21pm On Aug 07, 2023
"Tinubu sought the backing of the Nigerian parliament to fight war in Niger. It is alleged that some of the actions on which Tinubu sought senate approval had already been effectuated.....It is however gladsome that the senate refused this request to invade Niger by the Nigerian president."

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by Blue3k(m): 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
Why do Nigerians suddenly care about spreading freedom and democracy? Is it because they're afraid of their military, I'd it because France don't like this Coupist or is it because they're in ecowas? It's weird how we are able to ignore the dictatorship to our east but this one is so troubling. It's also interesting the French don't care freedom in Cameroon. Niger Republic should just have fake elections so all the democracy-philes can relax.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
Ur house is on fire & u dey chase rat.

Workers are not paid
Doctors are on strike
University lecturers are lamenting cox of poor wages..
The masses can't afford two square meal.

But u wan go waste tax payers money to install democracy in niger?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by Gajagojo: 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
Saifullah01:
I think the president was too hasty, this has really presented him in bad light in the African continent and especially the sub region.

He urgently needs his advisers and cabinet in place and under no circumstances should any foreign ambassador/ lobby/investor be left to have a one on one with the president without his kitchen cabinet.

We all no the president is no spring chicken any more less they sweet talk him into irrational decisions for their interest and and at the detriment of the president himself or the nation
Too hasty in doing what exactly? Please clarify?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by Xscape1993(m): 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
Congratulations to him!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by Throwback: 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2023
taylor88:
Nigeria has the world unemployment rate on earth

Nigeria is the world poverty capital on earth

Tinubu left what he’s supposed to be working on and wants to spend billions of dollars to fight his fellow illegitimate criminal

You thief mandate another man thief him own mandate you say he should return his own while you’re holding your own tight

How can a thief betray his fellow thief

80% of Niger citizens are happy about the coup

So what exactly is Ebolas problem

If I talk now una go say I hate Nigeria and Tinubu

Bcuz if I type wetin dey my finger now everywhere go burst

We’ve hunger, security, livelihood issues in Nigeria and all Tinubu cares for is Niger

I no wan talk because e go loud

E no easy to lose election ooo.

Your greatest pain is that your losing candidate cannot even convene a mere session of the Labour Party national leadership, not to talk of chairing and convening an international session.

Your rehabilitation would require intensive sessions with a psychiatrist.

95 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by Lovenorth: 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
Tinubu is a disgrace to Nigeria. A man that is overpowered by the only one person (Bello Turji) wants to fight the whole Niger grin. Between Tinubu and Zelesky I don't know the most foolish amongst them. He should understand that majority of Nigerians are hungry and angry, in fact majority of Nigerians envy Niger.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by ipobarecriminals: 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
cool

35 Likes

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by marlow1962(m): 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
Ok

1 Like

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by Emmexguy123: 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
This man should rest abeg.
Before anyone goes to war, he or she must first check the economic importance of the war in favor of his or her country.

Which kind busy body president is this?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by GboyegaD(m): 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
Hmm....his case is becoming he who the gods wants to destroy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by NwaNimo1(m): 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
Yeye Man....

2 Likes

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by Ekejoestar(m): 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2023
Lol, Nigeria don dey form USA, bringing democracy everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by N3TRAL: 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
Motion 1:

Niger must be invaded.

Motion 2:

The Chief coupist must be captured dead or alive.

Motion 3:

The democratically elected President must be returned.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by specialmati(m): 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin omo no to war
Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by bigdammyj: 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
Noted.
Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by Morbeta11(m): 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
Last kick of a dying horse......Ecowas is divided and the Niger new government has solidified.....shot one single bullet into Niger and see how Northers will ask for the head of Tinubu on a tray.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by Skillsnigeria: 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit by Flame333: 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2023
He should apologize to Niger Republic for disrespecting their sovereignty and move into dialogue proper so he can regain his lost respect..

You don't throw in your last card first in international politics..

When they asked him to come for debate, he ran and delegated question because he is not well equipped to lead..
Same way Buhari dodged and destroy the economy.. Nigeria is a big project...

It is very clear he wasn't the only one that got panicked by the coup at our backyard but the men surrounding him who see his emergence as an opportunity to rule without disturbance..

At this point, I don't even think Niger would listened to him because he would be tagged a snake that cannot be trusted..

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Wike To Remain In PDP As He Declares Support For Atiku / Anna Cunningham, Phil Hazelwood Slam Femi Adesina For 'lying' Over Casualties / INEC sets January 25, 2020 for 28 rerun elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.