Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari (51035 Views)

Niger: Tinubu Convenes Extraordinary ECOWAS Summit / Expect Knocks On Your Door Whether You Go To Daura Or Niger - Tinubu To Buhari / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Islie: 4:46pm On Jan 16
President Bola Tinubu says ex-President Muhammadu Buhari can no longer relocate to Niger Republic as he had promised.

Tinubu said this Tuesday in Abuja, during the unveiling of two books titled ‘Working with Buhari (2015 – 2023)’ and ‘Muhammadu Buhari: The Nigerian Legacy – 2015 – 2023 (Vols 1-5)’.

DailyTrust reports that Buhari had said he would leave for neighbouring Niger Republic after handing over as President if he is not able to get enough rest in Daura, his home town in Katsina State.

But speaking, during the launch of the books, Tinubu said his predecessor won’t be able to achieve that due to border closure.

He said: “When President Buhari was leaving office he said he would retire to Daura, far away from Abuja to enjoy his well-deserved retirement from public service.

“I remember he added that if his supporters and friends deny him of enough rest in Daura, he would run to the Republic of Niger. Well, as you all know, he can no longer escape to Niger Republic because of the border closure

“I am therefore extremely happy to receive him here in Abuja. We are all here today to honour a great man, a patriot, a dedicated public servant who offered his best in the service of our country since he joined the army in 1962 at age 18.”

Following the July 26, 2023 coup in Niger, Nigeria had imposed sanctions, including border closure, on the military junta in the neighbouring country as a measure for the restoration of democracy, but the regime failed to yield to pressure.

Tinubu also thanked author of the book, Femi Adesina, who served him as the Special Adviser on Media & Publicity from 2015 to 2023.

He said the memoir gave an insight into what transpired in the eight years of Buhari, promising to finish off some of the things started by Buhari.

“I particularly thank Femi for using his memoirs to let us into the challenging eight years of the administration and how his principal steered the ship of State. President Buhari assumed office at a very difficult period of our national life when the economy was spiralling into recession and Boko Haram had taken over swaths of our territory in North East.

“At a point it appeared even Abuja, the seat of government would fall into the hands of Boko Haram with the bombing of the UN Building, Banex Plaza, Nyanya and other locations within the Federal Capital Territory. We cannot easily forget how our armed forces battled the Boko Haram terrorists under the leadership of President Buhari to reclaim our territory and push them to the fringes of Lake Chad where they no longer pose existential threat to our sovereignty.

“Whatever unresolved challenges faced by President Buhari in his eight years, our administration will endeavour to resolve them. As I said during the campaigns, I inherited all his assets and liabilities. Our administration will continue to work , from where President Buhari stopped, to make our country better, create a vibrant economy and secure the environment to bring more prosperity to our people.

“I must say the job of securing every inch of our country is yet to be finished. My government will stamp out the remaining vestiges of Boko Haram, Ansaru, banditry and kidnapping gangs. We won’t rest until every agent of darkness is completely rooted out.”

https://dailytrust.com/border-closure-you-can-no-longer-escape-to-niger-tinubu-tells-buhari/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Righthussle: 4:50pm On Jan 16
Make una open the border for am make him go Niger abeg. I no like Buhari atall.

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Mokason288(m): 4:52pm On Jan 16
Buhari is a disaster that should never happen to any country ..
Buhari has no business being in the public office…

I wish he was already in Niger when the border was closed so he won’t have any access back into Nigeria

175 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by madridguy(m): 4:54pm On Jan 16
Sai Baba & Jagaban, strong men doing wonders. I sincerely wish to stand between them both for a photograph and hang it somewhere in my family compound.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by troytino: 4:55pm On Jan 16
Thulumbu Escobar with Osama bin Buhari grin

Two bad combos

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Enemiesmasquera: 5:01pm On Jan 16
It's all media noise. Tinubu is a very clueless president

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by money121(m): 5:02pm On Jan 16
Buhari IKA OF AFRICA

Nigerians don’t need to read Buhari’s Book because everyone is now living the script of his Book from it’s bedevilling genesis to its bewildering revelation.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:13pm On Jan 16
Nigeria nightmare buha angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Godswillu(m): 5:29pm On Jan 16
that's nice
Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by bdon12: 5:37pm On Jan 16
Islie:

President Bola Tinubu says ex-President Muhammadu Buhari can no longer relocate to Niger Republic as he had promised. Tinubu said this Tuesday in Abuja, during…
Abeg open border let that bastard thief leave for niger.He destroyed d country n he reminds us of grave incompetence.

https://dailytrust.com/border-closure-you-can-no-longer-escape-to-niger-tinubu-tells-buhari/

Nlfpmod
Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by RaySimran: 5:45pm On Jan 16
What in-the-world motivates the writter to dedicate a literary work to Buhari ?

21 Likes

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Bullfallo(m): 5:47pm On Jan 16
Nigeria wasted 8 years under buhari

If that was not enough they plan to waste another 8 under tinubu

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:53pm On Jan 16
Tinubu is political genius.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Imka: 5:54pm On Jan 16
Do not despair... Remember that all through history, the way of truth and love has always won. There have been murderers and tyrants, and for a time they can seem invincible. But in the end they always fall. Think of it always

4 Likes

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:54pm On Jan 16
This talk go pain Buhari well.
Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Gbadugbakun(m): 5:54pm On Jan 16
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by jaxxy(m): 5:54pm On Jan 16
tinubu has a good humour bt he should get to work or allow sm1 who can work do the job.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by strictly4data: 5:54pm On Jan 16
Oh
Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by adamusuleiman2: 5:54pm On Jan 16
🤣🤣🤣. Tinubu and his sense of humour. Same way he gave Bode George a middle name "Tewonde". I was told it means return from Prison.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Kukutente23: 5:55pm On Jan 16
Shieeeet

Bubu's rep grin cheesy
Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by richiemcgold: 5:55pm On Jan 16
Tinubu is indirectly taunting former president buhari
If u know, u know.

7 Likes

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by McLizbae: 5:55pm On Jan 16
Lols... PBAT sha love dissing and humbling PMB.
Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Reelmii: 5:56pm On Jan 16
grin grin..i miss buhari...he was loke a father to me😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Codepain: 5:56pm On Jan 16
Rt
Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by TMHL: 5:56pm On Jan 16
Enemiesmasquera:

You mean you can cross the border?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by verybadmouth(m): 5:56pm On Jan 16
Uk Lenovo Thinkpad E480, Intel I5-8250u Cpu, 8 Gb Ram, 256 Gb Ssd, Win 11 Pro

Product Details

Model : Lenovo ThinkPad E480
Processor : 7th gen Intel Core i5-8250U Processor n1.6 GHz
Screen : 14" 1600x900 Wide View LED
Storage : 256GB SSD or 500GB HDD Storage (Prize varies)
Memory : 8GB (1x8GB) RAM
Camera / Webcam : YES
Wireless (Wifi) : YES
Bluetooth : Yes
Keyboard : Standard
USB / Mini Display Port / HDMI
Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack
System : Windows 11 Pro
Testing Performed : 100% Tested / Functional
All functions tested and working
Battery : TESTED Perfectly (8hrs backup power)
Includes : Original Charger (Type-C)

Price : ₦170,000
Nationwide Delivery

Call/Whatsapp: O8O3O442O31

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Odogwuzack: 5:56pm On Jan 16
This is the same Tinubu that some persons said is not physically and mentally fit to contest for president that time.

Politics sha. grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by Odogwuzack: 5:57pm On Jan 16
Enemiesmasquera:

Lol you will still enjoy his "cluelessness" for 8 years.

Sorry.

11 Likes

Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by McLizbae: 5:57pm On Jan 16
🤣🤣🤣🤣
TMHL:

You mean you can cross the border?
Re: Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari by ATEAMS: 5:57pm On Jan 16
LoL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri / President Goodluck's Administration 2011-2015 Positive Change Report in Pics / Bukola Saraki Drives Into Offa Town In Kwara State, Residents Cheer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.