Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,756 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. (1718 Views)

I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel / Man Gave Mechanic His Car To Repair, He Drove The Car To His Girlfriend's House. / Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo: I Drove My Amphibious Car From Lagos To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by amliftedhigher: 7:37pm On Aug 07, 2023
Good evening my wonderful people here. I just want to share my experience with my newly acquired TOYOTA PRIUS C 2016. I have been getting high Mpg exceeding what Toyota estimated for the car but my yesterday journey from Aba to Warri was a different experience. I drove 166 miles with a full tank of just 36 litres. It is surprising to see my full tank still intact upto this morning.
IF you have the money go get Toyota prius C or any Toyota prius and shame APC and their wicked fuel increase.
This car is super reliable and efficient.
Caveat: IF you are looking for a speed car please avoid this car. It is not a speed car. It is manufactured for a special purpose of fuel economy.

1 Share

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by LikeAking: 7:39pm On Aug 07, 2023
Congrats!
Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by Shellsploit: 7:53pm On Aug 07, 2023
Oh boy!
Toyota V8 engine users will avoid this thread grin
Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by Westerhoffe(m): 7:57pm On Aug 07, 2023
Shellsploit:
Oh boy!

grin

3 Likes

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by Demmtek(m): 8:14pm On Aug 07, 2023
Damn !!!
Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by buygala(m): 8:51pm On Aug 07, 2023
Shellsploit:
Oh boy!

Toyota V8s will still be on the road when it's time for him to shell out bucks for a new hybrid battery grin

If he doesn't spend money on fuel, he will spend it replacing hybrid batteries.

Nothing free even in freetown

9 Likes

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by leroi01(m): 8:55pm On Aug 07, 2023
Run a check on your fuel gauge, just so you don't get caught unaware.

2 Likes

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by DevilishMan: 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2023
Wait till you buy battery first.

5 Likes

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by David50: 9:35pm On Aug 07, 2023
buygala:

Toyota V8s will still be on the road when it's time for him to shell out bucks for a new hybrid battery grin

Actually those batteries can go more than 10 years.. and the car still relatively new.
So hes in good hands man.

7 Likes

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by buygala(m): 10:10pm On Aug 07, 2023
David50:

Actually those batteries can go more than 10 years.. and the car still relatively new.
So hes in good hands man.

A 2016 vehicle isn't new by any definition.. In case you don't know, it's already 7 years old, and thus far out of manufacturer warranty

If op is in Nigeria, the scarcity/high cost of the car's parts, and even more scarcity of competent hybrid mechanics of such model have cancelled out whatever fuel gains he might have.. I would rather stick with my Toyota V6/V8, do my pay-as-you-go fuelling, and avoid any battery monkey business down the line..

If op is in the 1st World, then he is all good and my concerns aren't all that applicable to his situation.

8 Likes

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by amliftedhigher: 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2023
Shellsploit:
Oh boy!
Hahahaha I also have a V8 Lexus LS 460L. But we dance the music according to the rhythm

1 Like

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by amliftedhigher: 10:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
leroi01:
Run a check on your fuel gauge, just so you don't get caught unaware.
Is fine brother. Just this morning after getting to work one bar of the fuel gauge went out. Before I travelled to Aba I bought full tank Thursday 2 weeks ago and drove it to Friday last week without a bar going out and I use it to travel to Aba, it was at PH Rivers state that I lost one bar.

4 Likes

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by amliftedhigher: 10:27pm On Aug 07, 2023
buygala:

While I agree with you that nothing is free, I have done my calculations and waiting for it.

While I agree with you that nothing is free, I have done my calculations and waiting for it.

2 Likes

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by amliftedhigher: 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
buygala:

A 2016 vehicle isn't new by any definition.. In case you don't know, it's already 9 years old, and thus far out of manufacturer warranty

If op is in Nigeria, the scarcity/high cost of the car's parts, and even more scarcity of competent hybrid mechanics of such model have cancelled out whatever fuel gains he might have.. I would rather stick with my Toyota V6/V8, do my pay-as-you-go fuelling, and avoid any batter monkey business down the line..

If op is in the 1st World, then he is all good and my concerns aren't all that applicable to his situation.

just a tip. Hybrid battery should last more in Nigeria than US or Europe. This is because of our weather. Our weather is always warm on like USA were they experience extreme cold weather which is an enemy of batteries whether hybrid or none hybrid batteries

2 Likes

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by buygala(m): 10:35pm On Aug 07, 2023
amliftedhigher:

You have a nice car all the same Sir..

3 Likes

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by buygala(m): 10:37pm On Aug 07, 2023
amliftedhigher:
just a tip. Hybrid battery should last more in Nigeria than US or Europe. This is because of our weather. Our weather is always warm on like USA were they experience extreme cold weather which is an enemy of batteries whether hybrid or none hybrid batteries

Lol.. Some areas in Europe and US are far hotter than Nigeria can ever be.

7 Likes

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by amliftedhigher: 11:12pm On Aug 07, 2023
buygala:

Lol.. Some areas in Europe and US are far hotter than Nigeria can ever be.
I use the word warm not hot oh. 120 ferenheit is dangerous to batteries and hybrid battery inclusive but is still better than cold weather
Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by buygala(m): 5:17am On Aug 08, 2023
amliftedhigher:

I use the word warm not hot oh. 120 ferenheit is dangerous to batteries and hybrid battery inclusive but is still better than cold weather

Warm oh, hot o, cold o, lukewarm o, fire o, ice o... Europe and the US have areas that have more of such varying temps than Nigeria...

The manufacturers and most buyers of the hybrids and fully electric vehicles are from those areas and not Africa.. So their tech fully takes into account all possible temp variations in those areas..

Africa is mostly a 2nd hand market for these vehicles, which are of very little interest to the manufacturers, except of course considering the advantage Africa affording them a place to offload old tech which might end up polluting their environment.

1 Like

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by leroi01(m): 5:23am On Aug 08, 2023
amliftedhigher:

Is fine brother. Just this morning after getting to work one bar of the fuel gauge went out. Before I travelled to Aba I bought full tank Thursday 2 weeks ago and drove it to Friday last week without a bar going out and I use it to travel to Aba, it was at PH Rivers state that I lost one bar.

That's great fuel economy then. Weldone.

1 Like

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by nativedoctor(m): 6:43pm On Aug 09, 2023
buygala:

A 2016 vehicle isn't new by any definition.. In case you don't know, it's already 9 years old, and thus far out of manufacturer warranty

If op is in Nigeria, the scarcity/high cost of the car's parts, and even more scarcity of competent hybrid mechanics of such model have cancelled out whatever fuel gains he might have.. I would rather stick with my Toyota V6/V8, do my pay-as-you-go fuelling, and avoid any battery monkey business down the line..

Not as bad as you think. The battery is about 150k and a lot of technicians especially at Ladipo have deciphered the hybrid system. Just get a reliable battery dealer and let him recommend his installer.
My search for Prius led me to this post.
I have done extensive research on the vehicle and it's a good buy.

5 Likes

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by buygala(m): 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
nativedoctor:

Not as bad as you think. The battery is about 150k and a lot of technicians especially at Ladipo have deciphered the hybrid system. Just get a reliable battery dealer and let him recommend his installer.

150k for a brand new OEM Prius battery or Toks?..

1 Like

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by amliftedhigher: 10:04pm On Aug 10, 2023
buygala:

Wrong. 2016 is 7 years old not 9 please

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by amliftedhigher: 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2023
nativedoctor:

Prius have proven is worth since 1997. Even though I know that shit happens, the car is super reliable and efficient. Get it if you can and you will not regret it. My advice is please don't buy any hybrid cars in Nigerian car dealer shop. They buy the ones with 200k miles whose batteries are already dead. Buy from abroad low mileage ones.
Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by buygala(m): 2:22am On Aug 11, 2023
[quote author=amliftedhigher post=125026199][/quote]

True..
Still doesn't make it new

1 Like

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by BALLOSKI: 10:26am On Aug 12, 2023
amliftedhigher:

Hahahaha I also have a V8 Lexus LS 460L. But we dance the music according to the rhythm
Tell me about this ride - fuel economy and all. Maintenance and ease of getting parts.
Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by BALLOSKI: 10:28am On Aug 12, 2023
DevilishMan:
Wait till you buy battery first.
is it electric?
Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by DevilishMan: 10:49am On Aug 12, 2023
BALLOSKI:
is it electric?

Hybrid, so, yes.
Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by BALLOSKI: 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
DevilishMan:

Hybrid, so, yes.
Alright!
Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by buygala(m): 9:43pm On Aug 13, 2023
DevilishMan:

Hybrid, so, yes.

Not electric like a Tesla that charges via designated electric outlets..

I think the Prius hybrid battery charges via regenerative braking while driving.. I might be wrong though

That guy wey I ask for up whether na brand new OEM or toks battery dem call for am 150k never reply me till now grin....

Buying a fairly used hybrid battery is like buying a fairly used pant.... You have no idea what diseases you are inheriting from the previous owner... One can't tell what life expectancy to get from such.. Whether they were harvested from flooded cars or those with compromised charging systems which have significantly diminished the battery life, etc..

Of course, Nigerian Hybrid battery dealers will tell you how they have tested and confirmed the integrity of every battery cell in the 2nd hand pack they are selling... Same shady language of 2nd hand inverter battery sellers... It's all tested OK until it isn't anymore grin... You get what you pay for... To thy tent o Isreal grin

If I am in Nigeria and in pursuit of fuel economy, I will get a Civic, Yaris or Insight, or a brand new Hybrid.. Of course anyone who can afford a brand new hybrid in Nigeria of today is too rich to be particularly concerned with fuel economy..So that brand-new Hybrid point is questionable.

Make I buy 2nd hand hybrid for naija make d moto come get problem for Akoko-Akure Express.. Then I am stuck between allowing Musbau finger the moto based on Insha Allah or tow the vehicle from that bush to maybe Ibadan or even Lagos where I might get a semblance of a sane hybrid mech... Nahh.. Thank you Sir.

I understand say una dey follow the doings of one mecho for here wey dey get nice mpg with im Prius.. Una dey see im MPG and e dey sweet una grin.. What you guys fail to consider is that he is a mech, so he can fix his hybrids himself and knows where he can source his parts way cheaper.. Or if he is that kind of mech, he can even swap his car's dead parts with those from his customer's vehicles.. If d moto break down for even inside sambisa, im sabi how e go take manage the moto to a safer place where he can do the full fix... But una preek begin stand on top 50mpg wey una dey see, without considering all the terms and conditions... It's well.

3 Likes

Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by amliftedhigher: 9:43pm On Aug 13, 2023
BALLOSKI:
Tell me about this ride - fuel economy and all. Maintenance and ease of getting parts.
Super reliable. Parts are now available in lagos both Tokunbo and brand new. Very luxurious. 380 HP. Super high speed. Very quiet. Mine is the long wheel base so the back seat is like a big ulphostry. It is a good ride that gives peace of mind. Almost 90 litres of fuel tank. Fuel efficient etc
Re: I Drove 166 Miles Still Have My Full Tank Intact. by amliftedhigher: 9:52pm On Aug 13, 2023
buygala:

Not electric like a Tesla that charges via designated electric outlets..

I think the Prius hybrid battery charges via regenerative braking while driving.. I might be wrong though

That guy wey I ask for up whether na brand new OEM or toks battery dem call for am 150k never reply me till now grin....

Buying a fairly used hybrid battery is like buying a fairly used pant.... You have no idea what diseases you are inheriting from the previous owner... One can't tell what life expectancy to get from such.. Whether they were harvested from flooded cars or those with compromised charging systems which have significantly diminished the battery life, etc..

If course, Nigerian Hybrid battery dealers will tell you how they have tested and confirmed the integrity of every battery cell in the 2nd hand pack they are selling... Same shady-speak language of 2nd hand inverter battery sellers... It's all tested OK until it isn't anymore grin... You get what you pay for... To thy tent o Isreal grin

If I am in Nigeria and in pursuit of fuel economy, I will get a Civic, Yaris or Insight, or a brand new Hybrid.. Of course anyone who can afford a brand new hybrid in Nigeria of today is too rich to be particularly concerned with fuel economy..

Make I buy 2nd hand hybrid for naija make d moto come get problem for Akoko-Akure Express.. Then I am stuck between allowing Musbau finger the moto based on Insha Allah or tow the vehicle from that bush to maybe Ibadan or even Lagos where I might get a semblance of a sane hybrid mech... Nahh.. Thank you Sir.

I underhand say una dey follow the doings of one mecho for here wey dey get nice mpg with im Prius.. Una dey see im MPG and e dey sweet una grin.. What you guys fail to consider is that he is a mech, so he can fix his hybrids himself and knows where he can source his parts way cheaper.. Of if he is that kind of mech, he can even swap his car's dead parts with those from his customer's vehicles.. If d moto break down for even inside sambisa, im know how e go take manage the moto to a safer place where he can do the full fix... But una preek begin stand on top 50mpg wey una dey see, without considering all the terms and conditions... It's well.
Toyota prius is a very reliable and dependable car. I started studying the car since last year. I belong to Prius forum USA, Tesla forum, Chevrolet bolt and volt forum, Hyundai ioniq forum USA. I did this to have first hand experience from users and I got what I wanted. If the hybrid battery dies, I will change it. It is not a problem. I return from Asaba to warri this morning with same 36 litres fuel tank and I still have up to 100 miles to go with the remaining fuel.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Introducing Portable (almost) Automatic Car Washing Equipment For Home Use / Customized 1952 Volkswagen (ijapa) / White Smoke After Oil Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.