Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband (34105 Views)

Fake Lagos Optometrist Rearrested After Relocating To Adamawa (Photo) / How Corper Linda Nkechi Igwetu Died After Police Shot Her - She Was Treated / 31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by blamingthedevil: 9:59pm On Aug 07, 2023
The Nigerian Optometric Association (NOA) has condemned the murder of one of its members, Dr.Ogechi Ezeagu.

Ezeagu, a resident of Bwari in Bwari Area Council, Abuja, lost her life during a scuffle with her husband on July 10, 2023, according to the family.

NOA, in a statement signed by its President, Dr. Anderson Chimeziri, sympathized with her family and the Optometry community in Nigeria.

Chimeziri called on the concerned authorities in the Federal Capital Territory and the Inspector General of Police to intervene.

Chimeziri also urged the National Assembly, the National Human Rights Commission, Law Enforcement Agencies, Ministry of Women Affairs, Civil Society Groups, Non Governmental Organizations and well-meaning Nigerians to join hands in ensuring that perpetrators of crime against vulnerable people as well as their enablers are punished.

“Nigerian Optometric Association will not let this lie low as we shall put measures in place to safeguard our women members.

“We are already collaborating with Women Optometrists in Nigeria(WON) to provide legal services that will protects our female members whether single or married from abuse of any kind.

“The welfare of our members is our utmost priority. NOA has set up a committee on Women Affairs to liaise with existing bodies and interphase with gender based activists to protect our women members from harassment and abuse.

“We are closely monitoring the case of Dr.Ezeagu’s murder and shall respond as the need arises. Enough is Enough,” the statement said.

https://dailytrust.com/optometrists-rise-in-defence-of-murdered-colleague-ask-igp-to-speed-up-prosecution/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1691440617

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by immortalcrown(m): 10:02pm On Aug 07, 2023
Domestic violence is always deadly. RIP to the deceased. May the man get the legal treatment he deserves.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by Alchemy528: 10:03pm On Aug 07, 2023
Wow
Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:04pm On Aug 07, 2023
Say no to domestic violence. If the union is not working. Divorce is an option

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by blamingthedevil: 10:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
immortalcrown:
Domestic violence is always deadly. RIP to the deceased. May the man get the legal treatment he deserves.
It is always better to run , if someone is in violent relationship

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by olus01(m): 10:12pm On Aug 07, 2023
I always pray to God
To always give the ability to when to run

5 Likes

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by jconsulting(f): 10:20pm On Aug 07, 2023
blamingthedevil:
The Nigerian Optometric Association (NOA) has condemned the murder of one of its members, Dr.Ogechi Ezeagu.

Ezeagu, a resident of Bwari in Bwari Area Council, Abuja, lost her life during a scuffle with her husband on July 10, 2023, according to the family.

NOA, in a statement signed by its President, Dr. Anderson Chimeziri, sympathized with her family and the Optometry community in Nigeria.

Chimeziri called on the concerned authorities in the Federal Capital Territory and the Inspector General of Police to intervene.

Chimeziri also urged the National Assembly, the National Human Rights Commission, Law Enforcement Agencies, Ministry of Women Affairs, Civil Society Groups, Non Governmental Organizations and well-meaning Nigerians to join hands in ensuring that perpetrators of crime against vulnerable people as well as their enablers are punished.

“Nigerian Optometric Association will not let this lie low as we shall put measures in place to safeguard our women members.

“We are already collaborating with Women Optometrists in Nigeria(WON) to provide legal services that will protects our female members whether single or married from abuse of any kind.

“The welfare of our members is our utmost priority. NOA has set up a committee on Women Affairs to liaise with existing bodies and interphase with gender based activists to protect our women members from harassment and abuse.

“We are closely monitoring the case of Dr.Ezeagu’s murder and shall respond as the need arises. Enough is Enough,” the statement said.

https://dailytrust.com/optometrists-rise-in-defence-of-murdered-colleague-ask-igp-to-speed-up-prosecution/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1691440617

This one has allowed devil to use him, if your wife provokes you to the extreme just leave the house and camp with your side chick......

I lie?

100 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by blamingthedevil: 10:21pm On Aug 07, 2023
jconsulting:

This one has allowed devil to use him, if your wife provokes you to the extreme just leave the house and camp with your side chick......

I lie?

No be lie , life no hard

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by onumadu: 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2023
Somebody's daughter wasted just like that.
Do you know how hard it is to train a girl child to become a doctor?
Why do some men kill their wives for heaven's sake?
If the marriage went sour, why not divorce?
Some marriages are not meant to be, and some attractions are FATAL.
I keep advising anyone planning to marry to test his or her would-be spouse on JEALOUSY and POSSESSIVENESS.
The more jealous and possessive a spouse is, the more dangerous that spouse tend to be.
Avoid such people like plague, and NEVER believe that they can change.
Now she is dead. Everything has become irrelevant.
LEAVE AN INCOMPATIBLE MARRIAGE FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.
And NO, it cannot be salvaged!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by DevilishMan: 10:39pm On Aug 07, 2023
Waste of billions.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by Chimarto: 11:42pm On Aug 07, 2023
That organisation just concluded that she was killed without telling us what happened.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by Maazieze(m): 11:54pm On Aug 07, 2023
The waste of space that killed her will never know peace, better they flog and flay him before executing him

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by freddie009(m): 12:22am On Aug 08, 2023
jconsulting:

I lie?

not at all bro, this life nah brain brain. When I was dating just one woman nah so I go they monitor her upandan. As I get them plenty, anytime Nkechi make me vex I call Daisy if Daisy miss yarn I call Abies, no time.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by APOPTOSIS: 12:24am On Aug 08, 2023
I deeply sympathetise with her family over this avoidable carnage & death cry cry. People should be taught to know when to run way with their lives intact.
Leaving your marriage is not a recipe for disaster.
No one on this planet has ever been reported to have died as a result of being SINGLE.
Avoid any form of Toxic Relationship, not even the one coming from your spouse or sibling.

By the way, she is not a Medical Doctor...
She's an Optometrist

An optometrist is completely different from an ophthalmologist who happens to be the Medical Doctor.
Optometrist acquired an O.D.
Ophthalmologist acquired MD, M.B.,B.S, or M.B.,B.Ch
Nigerians should learn the right terminologies & observe the distinguishing features especially when paramedics & allied medical staff come close to try deceiving them.

Same goes to Nigerian Optometrists who always want to be addressed as surgeons. Please stop distorting an already distorted nation only to continue blaming Buhari/Tinubu.

Again, people should be proud of their courses of study. After all, no single Medical Doctor has made it to the Aso Villa as President or the table of world's Billionaires meanwhile, others have.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by freddie009(m): 12:25am On Aug 08, 2023
We have good guys but they see them as less dominant, weak men. They want hard men, that would put them on their toes, guys that go to clubs, love to have fun, especially those in their early to late twenties.

Confused gender, they want good guy with a bad boy vibes since that doesn't exist they end up going for bad boys.

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by UbongCR7(m): 1:06am On Aug 08, 2023
May her soul rest in peace and may the perpetrators be brought to book.

To the poster, optometrists are not medical doctors, same way a PhD does not also translate to being a medical doctor.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by Abufo: 2:13am On Aug 08, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:
Vicious animal he is. This is why Igbo women prefer Yoruba men.

you must be drunk! na left overs una dey scramble for to satisfy your fetish for Igbo women!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by SalamRushdie: 2:26am On Aug 08, 2023
Just look at her and the man , a total mis match , that man is a womanizer

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by Beverlyjean(f): 2:41am On Aug 08, 2023
jconsulting:

I lie?

U lie...the one that has their life at risk if it starts should leave the house ... now she is dead ... the man will be released one day and he will move on with his life... women need to start becoming wise ... if u are angry, walk away... don't expect him to do so... you are the one at risk of dying and not him

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by ChngedChnges(m): 2:50am On Aug 08, 2023
APOPTOSIS:
I deeply sympathetise with her family over this avoidable carnage & death cry cry. People should be taught to know when to run way with their lives intact.
No one on this planet has ever been reported to have died as a result of being SINGLE.
Avoid any form of Toxic Relationship, not even the one coming from your spouse or sibling.

She's an Optometrist

An optometrist is completely different from an ophthalmologist who happens to be the Medical Doctor.
Nigerians should learn the right terminologies & observe the distinguishing features especially when paramedics & allied medical staff come close to try deceiving them.

Same goes to Nigerian Optometrists who always want to be addressed as surgeons. Please stop distorting an already distorted nation only to continue blaming Buhari/Tinubu.

Again, people should be proud of their courses of study. After all, no single Medical Doctor has made it to the Aso Villa as President or the table of world's Billionaires meanwhile, others have.

You should be ashamed of yourself. If her certificates reads OD which i found out to be Doctor of Optometry what are you now ranting about? If people with PhD bear the title and you don't complain what more of someone with it stated in his cert?
I think this is why the Nigerian healthcare is in shambles. Leaving CPDs and opportunities to meet up to the trending global standard in healthcare and be fighting over titles grin grin grin.
I think this is one of the reasons our Nigerian Doctors are screened and rescreened again before allowing to practice in other countries.
The average blackman is striving for just 2 letter abbreviations while his value and competence keeps decreasing. Who do us this thing for God's sake cry cry cry cry

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by APOPTOSIS: 3:39am On Aug 08, 2023
Thanks OP for acknowledging and making the desired corrections. We can't be "MADDER" than our politicians who do not obey constituted authorities and have been hellbent on destroying the few rickety institutions we have including our upcoming generation.

3 Likes

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by Beess(m): 4:14am On Aug 08, 2023
Rest in peace to the dead...

I
Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by AmotekunSW: 4:16am On Aug 08, 2023
Abufo:

you must be drunk! na left overs una dey scramble for to satisfy your fetish for Igbo women!

Leftovers like that Sheoma without future wey siddon put for davido house.

Or the Shewendu wey FFK dey beat like drum.

Or the Adahoebi wey wan pin bastard for Tunde Ayeni neck.

Spits.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by samwillyco1(m): 4:16am On Aug 08, 2023
D
Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by slawomir: 4:16am On Aug 08, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Rest in peace
Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by maxtop(m): 4:17am On Aug 08, 2023
Leave any toxic partner no matter what this will always be the end ....Rest in peace to the deceased

1 Like

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by AmotekunSW: 4:17am On Aug 08, 2023
If domestic violence enter your relationship, leave.
Don't let any church doctrine or family pressure keep you in an abusive marriage.

If like, let them kill you. I go come chop rice for your burial since you no wan get sense.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by Bubu4Sea: 4:17am On Aug 08, 2023
let him face the law angry

1 Like

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by hspda: 4:19am On Aug 08, 2023
RIP to the dead. Anger and Rage management should be taken seriously for now. There are lots of factors that could easily instigate such things like this. In most fights, I normally walk away or remain mute when I discover it's getting too heated

2 Likes

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by Judolisco(m): 4:20am On Aug 08, 2023
APOPTOSIS:

She's an Optometrist

person jst die u say no be medical Dr... What's d essence of d last part of your post abeg... Because she's not a medical Dr d case should be given less priority?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Optometrist Died After Scuffle With Her Husband by Mindlog: 4:22am On Aug 08, 2023
Sad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Dies Few Weeks After Raping His Sister's Daughter / Father Timothy Ngwuta Framed Up, Detained & Beaten By Security Agents In Ebonyi / Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Philippines In Broad Daylight (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.