Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,016 members, 7,814,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs (8949 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / My Husbands Brother Is Breaking My Marriage / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by sehill09: 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2011
Me and my husband have been having an ongoing argument with a privacy issue. He was raised to be private with phones, email etc. I was raised the opposite, when a man and woman join together in marriage, two become one. So if that is the case, why is there a need to keep things so private. He says he is not hiding anything but he has left his email open on serveral occasions and I have found emails where he has addressed other women with "whats up sexy lady" and ended emails with "huggs" and I have also found ones where he told a female that I was questioning him about her and he was telling her about the sitution and said "I just told her to shut up". Do I have anything to worry about as far as him hiding anything or should I just let it go and let him have his privacy and pray that he is not doing anything behind my back?
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by Dyt(f): 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2011
well den give him d privacy if he nids it
u 2 pretend u dont want him c things
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 11, 2011
my husband does this. i am watching something online or typing on my phone he may just start watching it or reading what i'm reading, it's annoying. i'm not hiding anything but it makes me WANT to hide. i like my privacy. give ur husband some space PLEASE. yet my husband has passwords on his accounts, me on the other hand have no passwords on my computer accounts and all my passwords account are set open and permanently logged in.
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by sehill09: 3:55pm On Oct 11, 2011
@ AT, wanting privacy and not wanting your husband to read anything you have as "private", Isnt that a bit different. My husband has a HARD time expressing himself through words but can through writing. I just want to know what is going on in his life since I work all of the time. I even asked if he would just let me read them with him sitting there with me just so I can see what is going on in his life. He says it is none of my business and to butt out. How else can I figure out what is going on in his life? I ask him and I get "nothing" or if I ask him what is bothering him when something clearly is, I get "I dont know" or "dont worry about it".
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by meggaable: 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2011
There should be something going on, which will make him act that such, if there have been fidelity, I think things should continue as smooth as you desire.
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2011
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 11, 2011
Hmn! Another one.
This is getting pretty boring.
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by Johndoe100(m): 5:36pm On Oct 11, 2011
Richvkunt:

Hmn! Another one.

The girl is worried, give her a break. It's the kind of stuff that women love to talk about.

1 Like

Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2011
Richvkunt:

Hmn! Another one.
Johndoe100:

The girl is worried, give her a break. It's the kind of stuff that women love to talk about.

Why can't they just accept that the men are gonna cheat?
Makes life easier for everyone.
Instead of them to take all the wonderful advise I have been giving them,they kick a gift horse in the teeth and call me names.
Women need to learn that men will cheat,but you have got to worship your man cos he is your god.
You have to be humble and obedient.
Stop prying into his internet affairs-Play your proper role as a women which is to be submissive to your husband.

Now whats that coming in the distance
Looks like a CABAL of Feminists-I betta get outta 'ere.
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by Johndoe100(m): 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2011
Richvkunt:

Women need to learn that men will cheat,but you have got to worship your man cos he is your god.
Stop prying into his internet affairs-Play your proper role as a women which is to be submissive to your husband.

Love the part above, it should be drummed into girls in school.
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2011
^^^
Instead of her to get into the kitchen and get his favourite meal going,she is here on NL posting BS and asking for advise from a bunch of feminists.
My advise-1.Get his food ready.
2.Change into a sexy negligee
3.Run a hot or cold bath for him-you know how he likes it.
4.Run to the door and welcome him immediately you hear his car turn into the driveway.
5.Take his bag from him and doe eyed ask him how his day has been.
6.Follow him into the bed room and as he strips listen and hang on his every word like a good christian wife that you are.
7.Ask him if he will eat first or take his bath first.
8.While he eats the food ask him if the food delights him.
9.Put on the telly for him while he puts up his feet and reads his paper-You might like to serve him his favourite beverage/beer.
10.Retire to the bedroom for the night of your life.

After you try this come back on NL and tell me if he has time for any internet affairs.
He who has a crown,has no head!

1 Like

Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by ronkebp(f): 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2011
Personally ooooo,I think any person seeking for unneccesary privacy especially when married has something to hide, whether male or female. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by sehill09: 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2011
Funny, some say I should just suck it up and take care of him and let him live how he wants to. What you don't know is I am up everyday going to work for 14 to 16 hours a day, helping with the house, helping with the kids and a full time college student. What does he do, what ever he wants. No work. Not school. Just whatever.
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2011
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by horny4u(f): 9:50pm On Oct 11, 2011
chaircover:

why are you spinning around like a headless chicken and working for 14-16 hours a day and going to college while he does nothing?

Methinks that you are not focusing on the more important issues in your relationship and when you start to address those, then other things should fall into place.

I love the spinning around bit, no body knows it all oh but If you continue to carry manly responsibilties that you do not have muscles for you may age so fast.
In my opinion what is happening here seems clear your hubby has no job, no school , no nothing to power his ego, he needs his ego powered and being able to play around can feed a man's ego ( not saying he is having an affair o) .
I think to solve this problem , allow your husband to take responsibility for you and the kids, It will not be easy but he will feel good for providing for his family, it will feed that ego to be able to man up, however if you continue to voltron ( big ups to u helping out) all the issues there will be no room for him to e.g find the kids sch fees when you have already paid it and put food on the table as well.

You are not single, that man has it in him to take care of all your needs, it will not be easy he will fight against it but if you refuse to use your money to power the family then he will pull from his inner latent greatness and stand up for his family.

As for privacy i honestly think once he gets a career going and is more sure about his future, you will become his confidant as he is working round the clock for you and the kids and of course you are putting it down in the bedroom, grin

Good luck , hope it all works out well.
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2011
sehill09:

Funny, some say I should just suck it up and take care of him and let him live how he wants to. What you don't know is I am up everyday going to work for 14 to 16 hours a day, helping with the house, helping with the kids and a full time college student. What does he do, what ever he wants. No work. Not school. Just whatever.

You did not tell us all this in your original post,all you women coming to this forum to cry about your cheating husbands-to moan about how lazy your husbands are-to moan about your sex.less marriages-to lament about your husbands refusing to share his account details with you,and Blah!Blah!!Blah!!!
Lady,am gonna tell you this once-This is the last place to come to,and wash your hubbys dirty linen.what you are going to get here is BAD advise from frustrated old ladies who have even bigger issues than you do.
What you should do is talk things over with your hubby-there is nothing that works like communication in a marriage-trust me when you have marital issues NEVER let a third party come in because you will recieve all kinds of advise like mine below and above-
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Richvkunt:

^^^
Instead of her to get into the kitchen and get his favourite meal going,she is here on NL posting BS and asking for advise from a bunch of feminists.
4.Run to the door and welcome him immediately you hear his car turn into the driveway.
6.Follow him into the bed room and as he strips listen and hang on his every word like a good christian wife that you are.
9.Put on the telly for him while he puts up his feet and reads his paper-You might like to serve him his favourite beverage/beer.

After you try this come back on NL and tell me if he has time for any internet affairs.
He who has a crown,has no head! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by drmoney: 9:37am On Oct 12, 2011
@ Richkvunt and Horny4U,
You both are a blessing to this thread!

I think you should listen to them both, especially Richkvunt's last piece above!!
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by r231(m): 9:58am On Oct 12, 2011
Richvkunt:

^^^

He who has a crown,has no head!

Nice one grin cheesy
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by atasteve: 10:04am On Oct 12, 2011
After marriage, sincerely speaking you have lost your right to "privacy" except in your dreams smiley

TEMPTATION LIES AT THE OTHER SIDE OF PRIVACY
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by delpee(f): 10:24am On Oct 12, 2011
Spend so much time encroaching on his privacy and get a lot of heartache that will make you angry, react badly and drive him further into the arms of "sexy lady" et al. All he will see in you is a nagging pest while the "caretakers" massage his ego and dig deeper into his heart.

Richvkunt and Horny4u have given reasonable advice which i know works from experience. WORK ON IT.

1 Like

Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by maclatunji: 11:25am On Oct 12, 2011
Can the OP tell us why she is the one running around for the family and her husband is doing nothing?
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 12, 2011
sehill09:

Me and my husband have been having an ongoing argument with a privacy issue. He was raised to be private with phones, email etc. I was raised the opposite, when a man and woman join together in marriage, two become one. So if that is the case, why is there a need to keep things so private. He says he is not hiding anything but he has left his email open on serveral occasions and I have found emails where he has addressed other women with "whats up sexy lady" and ended emails with "huggs" and[b] I have also found ones where he told a female that I was questioning him about her and he was telling her about the sitution and said "I just told her to shut up"[/b]. Do I have anything to worry about as far as him hiding anything or should I just let it go and let him have his privacy and pray that he is not doing anything behind my back?

Your husband belittles you like this with another woman?

1 Like

Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 12, 2011

1 Like

Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 12, 2011
sehill09:

Me and my husband have been having an ongoing argument with a privacy issue. He was raised to be private with phones, email etc. I was raised the opposite, when a man and woman join together in marriage, two become one. So if that is the case, why is there a need to keep things so private. He says he is not hiding anything but he has left his email open on serveral occasions and I have found emails where he has addressed other women with "whats up sexy lady" and ended emails with "huggs" and I have also found ones where he told a female that I was questioning him about her and he was telling her about the sitution and said "I just told her to shut up". Do I have anything to worry about as far as him hiding anything or should I just let it go and let him have his privacy and pray that he is not doing anything behind my back?

You have to be concerned. No sane spouse will belittle the other half like this. I will be calling for my husband's head if he tries this rubbish with me.

horny4u:

I love the spinning around bit, no body knows it all oh but If you continue to carry manly responsibilties that you do not have muscles for you may age so fast.
In my opinion what is happening here seems clear your hubby has  no job, no school , no nothing to power his ego, he needs his ego powered and being able to play around can feed a man's ego ( not saying he is having an affair o) .
I think to solve this problem , allow your husband to take responsibility for you and the kids, It will not be easy but he will feel good for providing for his family, it will feed that ego to be able to man up, however if you continue to voltron ( big ups to u helping out) all the issues there will be no room for him to e.g find the kids sch fees when you have already paid it and put food on the table as well.

You are not single, that man has it in him to take care of all your needs, it will not be easy he will fight against it but if you refuse to use your money to power the family then he will pull from his inner latent greatness and stand up for his family.

As for privacy i honestly think once he gets a career going and is more sure about his future, you will become his confidant as he is working round the clock for you and the kids and of course you are putting it down in the bedroom,  grin

Good luck , hope it all works out well.

This advise of yours would be useful if he wasn't spending hours chatting with WOMEN and telling them what kind of fight he had with his wife. This man respects internet women more than he respects his wife. He is sick
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2011
An appealing young lady, in her prime, sees a man (not minding if he is married or not), seduces him to do her biddings and causes problems for him and his wife.  Later in life, she settles with a youngman and starts a family.  

Another budding young female (just attaining her prime) also sees a youngman (probably the husband of the first lady), seduces him and so on,  the chain continues.  A classical case of reaping what you sow.  It is a cycle and will only continue except our moral foundations are put right.

1 Like

Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2011
BTW whats with this over rated, ''wear a sexy lingerie and seduce your husband'' nansense? are you men goats? No I wanno know why you people are goats?. A man starts misbehaving and the next thing we will read is '''wear sexy lingerie and seduce him''. Like WTF

1 Like

Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by DeepSoul(f): 12:12pm On Oct 12, 2011
sehill09:

I have also found ones where he told a female that I was questioning him about her and he was telling her about the sitution and said "I just told her to shut up". Do I have anything to worry about as far as him hiding anything or should I just let it go and let him have his privacy and pray that he is not doing anything behind my back?

If he could say the above to another woman, then he really doesn't place any value on you or his marriage to you.

Richvkunt:

Why can't they just accept that the men are gonna cheat?
Makes life easier for everyone.

Worship your man cos he is your god while he goes out and brings diseases home?
I wish I had appropriate words for you. I pity the very unfortunate woman who has ended up/will end up with you

1 Like

Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by ifyalways(f): 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2011
@OP,how did you meet and marry the dude,you imported him?He's always been like this or he changed down the marriage?

God save me from me cos I would have smashed the lappy on his head If i read such rubbish from my husband.

@OP,why is he unemployed?His jobless state though is not an excuse. . .he is just irresponsible.
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by newbride: 12:34pm On Oct 12, 2011
END OFF.
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by MMM2(m): 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2011
op ur husband is cheating on u angry

1 Like

Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 12, 2011
Jenny loads of times I feel really frustrated with what I read here. A woman works 14 hrs without support from her husband who spends all day on his laptop proudly disrespecting her telling someone that " he told her to shut up" hmmm, na wa oh, he doesn't love, protect and honor her and d best pple can say is wear a sexy nighgown, am sure d person who started dat sexy nightgown advice must be turning in her/his grave. I got that advice a lot when I was with my Ex, no one ever adviced him to stop his crap and treat his wife well, no one ever adviced him to get counseling and anger management, no one ever adviced him to show some respect to his wife, it was always wear a night gown and cook dinner, I wore night gown after nightgown, cooked and cooked, almost became invisible as I had been adviced not to provoke him but did it stop thr cheating, the insults for where, he just became more brave, with my sexy night gown I was pushed to d guest room while he slept with a girl for a whole weekend in our room, urs truly even made a breakfast of champhions for them. Abeg let's learn to face issues and stop rewardning bad behaviour with sexy nightgowns. First of all, why can't ur husbad work? Is it a visa issue or he just doesn't want too? Secondly, you need to tell him you are not comfortable with this, as much as u re busy with work you still want to share his life dats why you guys re married. Don't nag, just be firm and strong, sort this out before it becomes a deadly cancer.
When people start behaving badly like cancer if you address it on time it will save you a lot of time, energy and emotions later on
Re: Understanding My Husbands Privacy Needs by r231(m): 12:52pm On Oct 12, 2011
newbride:

i think life is too short i cant kill myslef over any bastard
i am very faithful to my husband but the day i small a rat trust me he shoudl be ready to see a cow
if he cheats on me , i will so cheat on him like there is no tomorrow
effing bastards
i dont have time for heart breaks
you break mine, i shatter yours
END OFF.

Thank God for my wife

so in your pocket dictionary, TWO WRONGS MAKE A RIGHT ABI. . . . . so help you God

just to let you know, marriage is diff from courtship. . . The day you said I DO, you accept him for all the good, bad and ugly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brielle And Kyrie Jackson / Please Help Me! How Much Should An Introduction Marriage Cost? / 'Honor Thy Children That Thy Days May Be Long Upon The Land'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.