Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed (2058 Views)

Should I Buy This EOD? / Advice : I Want To Buy A Honda Accord EOD For Taxi / Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by naijaadvance: 2:32am On Aug 08, 2023
According to seller says everything is working perfectly accept Ac
Plz I need ur Experience review on EOD and consumption of the fuel ⛽
The seller insisted on N1000,000

Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by naijaadvance: 2:35am On Aug 08, 2023
Need your review
Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by sunnymighty(m): 3:14am On Aug 08, 2023
naijaadvance:
Need your review

Go with with a trusted mechanic and also ensure it is scanned for error codes so you know what you are up against before dropping your hard earned money.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by Onyeka90210(m): 3:21am On Aug 08, 2023
If it’s 2003/2004
Try and bargain to 900k
There’s no Nigerian used eod without anything to fix
Wether minor or major, that’s just something dealers say.
Just keep 100k/200k down to put the car in perfect shape after purchase.
Major issues the 03/04 eod v6 had is the transmission, make sure the gear is good.
If you can’t go with a mechanic try and get Bluetooth elm327 scan tool for about 5k to know what’s up with the car.
Get the error codes, and asses if the car is worth it after the repair of the issues.
About fuel consumption
Omo, it’s v6, it’s fun to drive, packs enough power. But Omo.
In the end it depends on how you drive(hard stops fast go) . Fuel consumption is average, good on highway, but city driving/short trips chop more fuel.
Good luck

19 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by Dozieson(m): 5:26am On Aug 08, 2023
Onyeka90210:
If it’s 2003/2004
Try and bargain to 900k
There’s no Nigerian used eod without anything to fix
Wether minor or major, that’s just something dealers say.
Just keep 100k/200k down to put the car in perfect shape after purchase.
Major issues the 03/04 eod v6 had is the transmission, make sure the gear is good.
If you can’t go with a mechanic try and get Bluetooth elm327 scan tool for about 5k to know what’s up with the car.
Get the error codes, and asses if the car is worth it after the repair of the issues.
About fuel consumption
Omo, it’s v6, it’s fun to drive, packs enough power. But Omo.
In the end it depends on how you drive(hard stops fast go) . Fuel consumption is average, good on highway, but city driving/short trips chop more fuel.
Good luck

He may need more than 300-400k to fix issues. Most Nigerians don't maintain their cars properly

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by Onyeka90210(m): 8:12am On Aug 08, 2023
Dozieson:

He may need more than 300-400k to fix issues. Most Nigerians don't maintain their cars properly
Hmmm maybe that's if its gear or engine related issue.
But most times it'll just be mostly leg/wheel related issues,
shock absorbers, steering racks, power steering pump, arms for the wheels, brake pads, tie rods then the engine and transmission mounts could be worn as well.
Once Engine and gear are in good shape, some people don't mind at all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by dicksonadams(m): 8:39am On Aug 08, 2023
the above person has said it all, as long as the engine transmission and body plus electrial are good you are good to go.

though I would have suggest the i4 version, the v6 is prone to transmission problems and the engine issues are not as straight forward as the i4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by naijaadvance: 10:19am On Aug 08, 2023
Plz , what about the fuel consumption
Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by Dozieson(m): 11:20am On Aug 08, 2023
Onyeka90210:

Hmmm maybe that's if its gear or engine related issue.
But most times it'll just be mostly leg/wheel related issues,
shock absorbers, steering racks, power steering pump, arms for the wheels, brake pads, tie rods then the engine and transmission mounts could be worn as well.
Once Engine and gear are in good shape, some people don't mind at all.

Do you think a car with good body, interior, electrical, engine and gear will cost N1m in today's Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by Onyeka90210(m): 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2023
Dozieson:

Do you think a car with good body, interior, electrical, engine and gear will cost N1m in today's Nigeria?
My guy, you can still buy a Nigerian used car of 2 million and still encounter proper issues.
The major thing is how honest the person selling the car is, that's why it's best to buy from direct owner.
The owner might know the car is faulty and put it up for 800k, then dealer comes and advertise as "no issues for 1m".
So that's why before you buy a Nigerian used car, you gats fast and pray grin, cause some people even clear error codes, and also some other issues you can't diagnose on inspection ground till you start using the car before they come up.
So yes, there are people that got cars of 1m without major issues while there are people that got car of 2m with major issues.
It all depends on the seller.
But like I said earlier, you have to budget extra to fix up to state eventually.
However 1m for 2003/2004 EOD is actually fair priced.
Nigerian used Hondas are actually devalued because everyone wants Toyota.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by Dozieson(m): 12:54pm On Aug 08, 2023
Onyeka90210:

My guy, you can still buy a Nigerian used car of 2 million and still encounter proper issues.
The major thing is how honest the person selling the car is, that's why it's best to buy from direct owner.
The owner might know the car is faulty and put it up for 800k, then dealer comes and advertise as "no issues for 1m".
So that's why before you buy a Nigerian used car, you gats fast and pray grin, cause some people even clear error codes, and also some other issues you can't diagnose on inspection ground till you start using the car before they come up.
So yes, there are people that got cars of 1m without major issues while there are people that got car of 2m with major issues.
It all depends on the seller.
But like I said earlier, you have to budget extra to fix up to state eventually.
However 1m for 2003/2004 EOD is actually fair priced.
Nigerian used Hondas are actually devalued because everyone wants Toyota.

There is a guy called automanual on this session. Bought a v6 2003/2004 accord either late last year or early this year for 1m. He was bragging about his car until he had to change the engine. After some months the new engine failed. The truth is that you can't get a trouble less Honda for 1m either from the owner or dealer. Most Nigerians are not truthful in this aspect

3 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by kmaster007: 1:18pm On Aug 08, 2023
Don't fall for anything is ok! Don't you have mechanic
naijaadvance:
Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by Badb0y4lyf(m): 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2023
It’s a V6 it’s not practical in this current economy also that year of Honda V6 a prone to issues it’s bought tokunbo than as Nigeria used

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by Onyeka90210(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2023
Dozieson:

There is a guy called automanual on this session. Bought a v6 2003/2004 accord either late last year or early this year for 1m. He was bragging about his car until he had to change the engine. After some months the new engine failed. The truth is that you can't get a trouble less Honda for 1m either from the owner or dealer. Most Nigerians are not truthful in this aspect
Naaah
I followed the guys thread na, he got the 07 v6 for 1m, did some minor fixes and asides radiator I don't think the car gave him any major issues, you can go through his post na.
He never had engine issues.
Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by AKWATGOLD1(m): 2:38pm On Aug 08, 2023
In post subsidy era, guy run for your dear life. 1. Ball joint issue. You need to have extra ball joint in your car as extra in case the problem surface when you are drive. 2. Been a new order of auto gear, you will need to learn how RPM works with auto gear which leads to gear issue. 3. Sale value depreciates quickly when you want to sell.
naijaadvance:
Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by Dozieson(m): 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2023
Onyeka90210:

Naaah
I followed the guys thread na, he got the 07 v6 for 1m, did some minor fixes and asides radiator I don't think the car gave him any major issues, you can go through his post na.

You don't follow him well. He changed his name and was ashamed of using his automanual because of the too much bragging

2 Likes

Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by Onyeka90210(m): 2:47pm On Aug 08, 2023
Dozieson:

You don't follow him well. He changed his name and was ashamed of using his automanual because of the too much bragging
Oh wow
Let me see if I can locate second account, never knew
Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by Dozieson(m): 2:55pm On Aug 08, 2023
Onyeka90210:

Oh wow
Let me see if I can locate second account, never knew

See below the link

https://www.nairaland.com/7724697/advise-needed-smoking-toks-engine#123800988
Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2023
Be patient and look for a four cylinder engine, you'll get a clean one at roughly that same price. If you're in Lagos, just contact Gazzuzz to run pre purchase inspection before you spend one naira on any car because it's better to be safe than sorry

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by dicksonadams(m): 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2023
Onyeka90210:

Naaah
share link, I will like to learn
Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by dicksonadams(m): 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2023
AKWATGOLD1:
In post subsidy era, guy run for your dear life. 1. Ball joint issue. You need to have extra ball joint in your car as extra in case the problem surface when you are drive. 2. Been a new order of auto gear, you will need to learn how RPM works with auto gear which leads to gear issue. 3. Sale value depreciates quickly when you want to sell.

he is buying as Nigeria used already, not tokunbo, he want suffer serious depreciation during resale
Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by legacystore: 7:08pm On Aug 08, 2023
V6

Are you kidding me 😂😂

Except you own a filling station don't buy
Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by Onyeka90210(m): 8:13pm On Aug 08, 2023
dicksonadams:
share link, I will like to learn
Just search his name, click on
His profile and go through his topics and posts
Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by Onyeka90210(m): 8:19pm On Aug 08, 2023
Dozieson:

See below the link

https://www.nairaland.com/7724697/advise-needed-smoking-toks-engine#123800988
Nah, those are just speculations grin
The poster said 06 accord, Auto got 07
Poster said he has had bad luck with cars, but Auto
07 accord is his first ride.
Same time I don't think AutoM has shame or anything to hide the way he posts cheesy.
If AutoM had misfire issues with his honda, he would have posted it on here for solutions before taking it to his mechanic.
Trust me, dude posts everything.
Then again, even if you believe its him, from the post and how everything went down, you can tell the poster gave the car to a Kazeem that destroyed the engine, then the second engine was bought from a shady seller.
The car was okay till the mechanic opened the engine.
Which can happen to any car at all regardless the amount.

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by Dozieson(m): 4:52am On Aug 09, 2023
Onyeka90210:

Nah, those are just speculations grin
The poster said 06 accord, Auto got 07
Poster said he has had bad luck with cars, but Auto
07 accord is his first ride.
Same time I don't think AutoM has shame or anything to hide the way he posts cheesy.
If AutoM had misfire issues with his honda, he would have posted it on here for solutions before taking it to his mechanic.
Trust me, dude posts everything.
Then again, even if you believe its him, from the post and how everything went down, you can tell the poster gave the car to a Kazeem that destroyed the engine, then the second engine was bought from a shady seller.
The car was okay till the mechanic opened the engine.
Which can happen to any car at all regardless the amount.

That person is automanual. He hardly post with same name since this thread.
Re: Should I Buy This EOD For 1M Your Experience Needed by homeboy205: 7:02am On Aug 09, 2023
Lol comments here make me laugh really

(1) (Reply)

Please Kindly Advise On Nissan Cars / [PHOTOS] The World’s Most Expensive Moving Home For Sale At £2million / Honda Accord 98 Excessive Fuel Consumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.