Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court (3955 Views)

Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory / Timothy Owoeye Caught Bathing In Osun Market Ahead Of Election (Photos, video) / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units & Wards (Unofficial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by Spy360(m): 6:11pm On Aug 08, 2023
garfield1:

Obi can't rule nigeria.he knows nothing beyond se and ss.tinubu knows nigeria well like obj.even atiku self.
How much stain has apc blown on Atiku? Apc doesn't believe in maligning personalities.we believe on focusing more on the issues and winning elections.continue laughing over bala blue while we mobilize voters boy.dumbidients
Are you campaigning? It's too late. We already know that Tinubu is a drug lord.
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by Spy360(m): 6:14pm On Aug 08, 2023
LegendHero:

You will have to ask the people that amended the electoral law as to why they did not make IREv mandatory. Your vituperation is noted but it is not the law. When it becomes law that IREv is mandatory, they no born INEC well not to comply.

Why should I drink otapiapia when Tinubu is already the president? You don’t even know how to diss people.

Peter Obi won’t be president of Nigeria, stop living in delusion. He came third just like his ancestors that tried like Azikiwe, Ojuku of cursed memory. They all came third just like Obi.

The only place he can collect any mandate is in hell fire because of how he singlehandedly massacred hundreds of Awkusu youth and sacrificed them to Skuku Abiamo.
I smell fear

👁️👃👁️

It was INEC that made IREV mandatory. It's there in their guidelines. Go and check it and stop deceiving yourself.
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by LegendHero(m): 6:18pm On Aug 08, 2023
Spy360:

I smell fear

👁️👃👁️

It was INEC that made IREV mandatory. It's there in their guidelines. Go and check it and stop deceiving yourself.

Did INEC wrote the electoral law? Why are all you Obi supporters this empty?
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by garfield1: 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2023
Spy360:

Are you campaigning? It's too late. We already know that Tinubu is a drug lord.

Who declared him a drug lord? Are you his business partner
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by garfield1: 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2023
Spy360:

Oga he did all those things you have mentioned. I know that you know.

He brought the INEC top copies issued to him by INEC though 8000 were unreadable.

He also brought IREV also issued by INEC and 18000 were blurred.

There is another 35,000 they requested but not issued by INEC, they said they don't exist. 🤡

From verified IREV issued by INEC Peter Obi won Rivers and Benue states confirmed by INEC already.

Ask me why Atiku is hell bent on disqualifying Tinubu. That's because if Tinubu is not disqualified and there likely be a rerun, it will be between Tinubu and Obi. So Atiku has gone to US and filed a suit to expose Tinubu more.

I am 100% sure Tinubu will be disqualified. 💯

No.obi never said any inec top copies was unreadable.he never analysed any inec document,he just dumped them in court without establishing anything on.it was only the irev copies that he analysed without comparing with any other copy as demsnded by law...
That atiku is still pursuing this case in a us court should tell your upstairs that they don't have anything on tinubu
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by Wainey: 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
Hyperchi:
We know, but u can't tell us in more occasion that u are going to do this, and u did the other.
So ince has right to do as they like after lieing to Nigerian
INEC never said it will transmit results electronically
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by Wainey: 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2023
TheGoodJoe:
INEC has the right to determine the way it wants to transmit results, and chose to use IREV for verification through the BVAS. After that, INEC put it in its manual that it has chosen to use IREV to verify results. Travelled to London and that using the BVAS/IREV is chosen.

So, no one is arguing that INEC does not have the right to choose how to transmit its results. We are pointing out that INEC chose a process and decided to change it during the election, which marred the process.

Simple English.
INEC promised electronic voting and not electronic transmission of results.

INEC delivered as promised
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by raskymonojendor: 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2023
WorldRichest:
Anybody wey no dey satisfied, make the person go and conduct he own election and transmit it through Heaven
🤣🤣🤣
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:07pm On Aug 08, 2023
LegendHero:

Speech from INEC president is not the law. He can say they’ll transmit this way and on Election Day, if the server is down or with some glitches, they can default back to other mode. That is why the law give them power.

Look at it critically, if on Election Day in Abia for example, something happened and the network was jammed and the election officials were not able to transmit result on IREV. Do you mean to say INEC should automatically disqualify all Abia state voters ?

So if in Borno, all electoral officers were able to transmit result sheet to IREv on Election Day, then we automatically record Borno vote but invalidate Abia votes because of some issues with server? Does that make sense?

If Peter Obi legal team cannot proof their case of winning with the actual result sheet signed by their agents on Election Day, then they are just liars who lost elections and just playing on Obidients intelligence.

That is why we spent over #300 billion for the elections. INEC made their choice and made sure verification of results are real time. Whether in Borno, Sokoto or Abia State. Real time verification.

INEC put it in their manual and shared to all electoral officers. That was their chosen standard. No one forced or compelled them.

Then all over the country, not just a place, their chosen system and advertised means of verification did not happen.

That marred the election. Even Tinubu's lawyers could not defend it.
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2023
Wainey:
INEC promised electronic voting and not electronic transmission of results.

INEC delivered as promised

INEC promised real time verification of results. Every result transmitted and collated must tally on the IREV. Their rules, not mine. They put it in their electoral manual. Not me.
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by Wainey: 8:28pm On Aug 08, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

INEC promised real time verification of results. Every result transmitted and collated must tally on the IREV. Their rules, not mine. They put it in their electoral manual. Not me.
Oga bring proof that Inec promised electronic transmission of results.
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2023
Wainey:
Oga bring proof that Inec promised electronic transmission of results.

The point is too simple. Electronic verification. All collated results must tally with the result on IREV. Don't pretend as if you don't understand such a simple point.
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by Wainey: 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

The point is too simple. Electronic verification. All collated results must tally with the result on IREV. Don't pretend as if you don't understand such a simple point.
Oga where is your proof that INEC promised electronic transmission of results?
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by joe4christ(m): 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2023
WorldRichest:
Anybody wey no dey satisfied, make the person go and conduct he own election and transmit it through Heaven

The evil you celebrate today will come back to haunt you tomorrow. Life dramas!
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by ImperialYoruba: 9:02pm On Aug 08, 2023
Hyperchi:
We know, but u can't tell us in more occasion that u are going to do this, and u did the other.
So ince has right to do as they like after lieing to Nigerian

So is that what makes Obi winner, because INEC lied? grin
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:12pm On Aug 08, 2023
Wainey:
Oga where is your proof that INEC promised electronic transmission of results?

The grammar is too simple. INEC promised to verify every result it declares.
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by Penguin2: 9:16pm On Aug 08, 2023
garfield1:

The two modes of transmission is manual and electronic.inec can use any as it liked
INEC cannot pick and choose oga, the Supreme Court ruling in the Osun governorship election has made it clear that both manual and electronic infrastructure of INEC are two sides of a coin that must always go together.
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by Wainey: 9:17pm On Aug 08, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

The grammar is too simple. INEC promised to verify every result it declares.
You have no proof of INEC not delivering what they promised.
And also, INEC has verified every result declared.
If you have the total result of every state which is different from what INEC declares, you can raise alarm.

After all, Peter Obi was looking for witnesses yet he couldn't find any, if you have proof, you can go and be his witness, hence it is better to verify claims before you open mouth "waaaah" and say nonsense cos others are saying it
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by Enice(m): 9:19pm On Aug 08, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

That is why we spent over #300 billion for the elections. INEC made their choice and made sure verification of results are real time. Whether in Borno, Sokoto or Abia State. Real time verification.

INEC put it in their manual and shared to all electoral officers. That was their chosen standard. No one forced or compelled them.

Then all over the country, not just a place, their chosen system and advertised means of verification did not happen.

That marred the election. Even Tinubu's lawyers could not defend it.
I wonder how you guys are able to type rubbish with a straight face!
Whatever INEC chairman said, it is not the law. INEC chairman does not make laws. The law is what it is and it is derived from the electoral act. Anything outside the electoral act is bunkum.
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by garfield1: 9:23pm On Aug 08, 2023
Penguin2:

INEC cannot pick and choose oga, the Supreme Court ruling in the Osun governorship election has made it clear that both manual and electronic infrastructure of INEC are two sides of a coin that must always go together.

True and inec used both manual and electronic transmission.
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:24pm On Aug 08, 2023
Enice:
Whatever INEC chairman said, it is not the law. INEC chairman does not make laws. The law is what it is and it is derived from the electoral act. Anything outside the electoral act is bunkum.

How can you type the bolded with a straight face? INEC has the right to choose the process. INEC made a decision. The President used multiple sources to educate Nigerians of the process.

INEC made a manual and released it to all electoral officers instructing them of the process.

Unless you want to argue plain fact, INEC, not just the chairman abandoned the laid down process chosen by INEc.
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2023
Enice:

The electronic transmission of results in Clause 38 of the INEC Regulation is an exercise of the discretion given under Section 60(5) of the Electoral Act, which enumerates that the presiding officer at the polling unit after counting votes and declaring the number is to transmit the result in accordance with the directives of the Commission.

https://www.thecable.ng/inec-electronic-transmission-of-results-electoral-act-and-matters-arising/amp
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by Osariemen12: 9:30pm On Aug 08, 2023
Tinubunomics = disaster.
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by Penguin2: 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2023
garfield1:

True and inec used both manual and electronic transmission.
Now, why are you arguing that INEC can choose to use only one of the both?

Can you try to maintain a consistent thought pattern?
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by garfield1: 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2023
Penguin2:

Now, why are you arguing that INEC can choose to use only one of the both?

Can you try to maintain a consistent thought pattern?

The point is that this part of obi prayers has failed
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by Penguin2: 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2023
garfield1:

The point is that this part of obi prayers has failed
This part?

Oh wow!

Good to see you finally admitting that there’s a part of Obi’s prayer that hasn’t failed.

But I tell you what, that part hasn’t failed at all, it is actually one of the strongest points of the case.

Remember that INEC did not challenge Obi’s claim of winning Rivers and Benue. Not even a mention of it.

Remember too, that INEC could not produce a clean copy of the 18,088 blurred results that Obi presented in court. Isn’t that how a case is supposed to be defended?

If I accuse you of stealing my car and I produce the car original documents in court, are you not supposed to produce your own documents too even if they are forged, to at least show that you have proof of ownership?

But INEC’s failure to produce a clean copy of the results of those polling units shows that yes, those results are truly blurred.

1 Like

Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by garfield1: 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2023
Penguin2:

This part?

Oh wow!

Good to see you finally admitting that there’s a part of Obi’s prayer that hasn’t failed.

But I tell you what, that part hasn’t failed at all, it is actually one of the strongest points of the case.

Remember that INEC did not challenge Obi’s claim of winning Rivers and Benue. Not even a mention of it.

Remember too, that INEC could not produce a clean copy of the 18,088 blurred results that Obi presented in court. Isn’t that how a case is supposed to be defended?

If I accuse you of stealing my car and I produce the car original documents in court, are you not supposed to produce your own documents too even if they are forged, to at least show that you have proof of ownership?

But INEC’s failure to produce a clean copy of the results of those polling units shows that yes, those results are truly blurred.

Inec produced their own copy of a unit in degema lga rivers which rubbished obi irev.obi failed to compare irev with his own copies
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by Penguin2: 10:08pm On Aug 08, 2023
garfield1:

Inec produced their own copy of a unit in degema lga rivers which rubbished obi irev.obi failed to compare irev with his own copies
INEC produced copies of Degema LGA? Well I’m hearing that for the first time despite how much I followed the case.

But supposing you were right about that, is Degema the only LGA in contention in Rivers or the entire state?
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by garfield1: 10:15pm On Aug 08, 2023
Penguin2:

INEC produced copies of Degema LGA? Well I’m hearing that for the first time despite how much I followed the case.

But supposing you were right about that, is Degema the only LGA in contention in Rivers or the entire state?

You dont get it.inec brought those copies as a prototype just to show that the hardcopies are the most clean,reliable, clear and irev is not.
In oyetola vs adeleke 2022,justice Agim said online copies of documents can be affected by network issue,printer copies,bad camera,human mistakes etc and therefore unreliable
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by Enice(m): 10:59pm On Aug 08, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

How can you type the bolded with a straight face? INEC has the right to choose the process. INEC made a decision. The President used multiple sources to educate Nigerians of the process.

INEC made a manual and released it to all electoral officers instructing them of the process.

Unless you want to argue plain fact, INEC, not just the chairman abandoned the laid down process chosen by INEc.
Oga! INEC guidelines are not sacrosanct. What is sacrosanct is the electoral act and for that matter, it is not 100% sacrosanct. The electoral act still whittle itself down by having a clause called "NON SUBSTANTIAL COMPLIANCE". Therefore, picking one part of the act and saying this and this were not done therefore the election should be cancelled does not hold even one drop of water.
There's reason for this. Nigeria is not in control of all the factors that can affect the election. Since this is the case, it will be unwise to be rigid as that would mean the electoral authority would be open to blackmail, or intimidation. Things like natural disasters or human/artificial challenges can stop our election.
For example, the glitch on the election day could have stopped the election if INEC were not at liberty to decide how elections are conducted. Now, if the elections were postponed because of a glitch, what if it happens again on the postponed date? Then again and again? Does it mean we will not conduct elections again? Make una dey think well o!
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:04pm On Aug 08, 2023
Enice:
Oga! INEC guidelines are not sacrosanct. What is sacrosanct is the electoral act and for that matter, it is not 100% sacrosanct. The electoral act still whittle itself down by having a clause called "NON SUBSTANTIAL COMPLIANCE". Therefore, picking one part of the act and saying this and this were not done therefore the election should be cancelled does not hold even one drop of water.
There's reason for this. Nigeria is not in control of all the factors that can affect the election. Since this is the case, it will be unwise to be rigid as that would mean the electoral authority would be open to blackmail, or intimidation. Things like natural disasters or human/artificial challenges can stop our election.
For example, the glitch on the election day could have stopped the election if INEC were not at liberty to decide how elections are conducted. Now, if the elections were postponed because of a glitch, what if it happens again on the postponed date? Then again and again? Does it mean we will not conduct elections again? Make una dey think well o!

All this one is long story. INEC laid down their guidelines in line with the electoral act and marred it.

Writing the law can not change the fact.
Re: INEC Has Constitution Right To Determine Transmition Of Election Results - Court by garfield1: 11:10pm On Aug 08, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

All this one is long story. INEC laid down their guidelines in line with the electoral act and marred it.

Writing the law can not change the fact.

Inec simply followed the electoral act

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Week / Chief C.C. Onoh Is Dead, Rest In Peace, Amen! / South West Sells Out Southern Nigeria To Hausa/fulani As Slaves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.