Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,404 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

"Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans (19432 Views)

Investors Funds Won’t Be Trapped - Tinubu Promises / Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents / Tinubu Vows To Sue Media Orgs Over Fake News, Character Assassination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by lexy2014: 8:53pm On Aug 08, 2023
kokomilala:
@001Lagos, Tinubu knows what he's doing, I believe. Your assertion is steep in ignorance of historical economy. You don't just scratch the surface of history and expect to learn from it. In effect, you have a responsibility to the ghosts of the past. That's what sound minds do.

The Great Depression of October, 1929, didn't fully end, in spite of Franklin Delano Roosevelt's interventions with the New Deal, until America belatedly entered the Second World War. This was when the American economy really came out of the woods. It brought out the beast in America. They had to develop hardware for the war.

In effect, WW2 enshrined the US in the annals of history as an economic and political behemoth. So, people can actually profit from conflicts.

How did the US WW2 to become an economic and political behemoth?

You said that when the US entered the Second World War, this was when the American economy really came out of the woods. It brought out the beast in America as they had to develop hardware for the war.

How have all the previous military interventions in west Africa spare headed by nigeria turned nigeria into "an economic and political behemoth" as the US?

What hardware has nigeria produced that brought out the beast in Nigeria?

If nigeria decides to engage Niger militarily, what are the hardware nigeria will develop just the US did that made their economy come out of the woods?

The war against BH has been on for some years now. Why hasn't it brought the nigerian economy out of the woods?
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by Okoroawusa: 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2023
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by olorundipe9090: 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2023
Your foolishness nah grade 1

quote author=001Lagos post=124969947]The economy is trapped and you want to use the money realised from subsidy removal to fund senseless and most stupid war

Are you not mad?[/quote]
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by olorundipe9090: 9:11pm On Aug 08, 2023
He will succeed inshaalah

uote author=Okoroawusa post=124977521]I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu [/quote]

1 Like

Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by olorundipe9090: 9:12pm On Aug 08, 2023
Your Papa

uote author=Rayban25 post=124970033] oleeeeee tongue
[/quote]
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by musicwriter(m): 9:12pm On Aug 08, 2023
starstaz:

U see am too.

Always destroying and turn around like TAM to cry about low tax, low revenue conundrum.

I have seriously advocated for Legalization of illegal refinery but nobody is seeing wealth in this transformational idea.

Indeed, if the refineries at the swamps of the Niger Delta were regulated and taxed over the years, instead of being destroyed, they'll have grown to become big advanced refineries and would have long solved our petrol scarcity problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by Okoroawusa: 9:13pm On Aug 08, 2023
001Lagos:
The economy is trapped and you want to use the money realised from subsidy removal to fund senseless and most stupid war

Are you not mad?
Which war is he funding? Once you Obidient slaves are fixated on a narrative you regurgitate it like your lives depend on it.

1 Like

Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by COMPAQ(m): 9:23pm On Aug 08, 2023
wwwtortoise:
cool

This man deserves an award for this amazing discovery after more than 4months in Aso rock.
I understand this is a gentle notice to the general public on the massive taxation to come. That’s his specialty area.
I see VAT, PITA, CIT, Education Tax, Property Tax being reviewed upwards.

Being born in Nigeria kind of assures me that I’ll make heaven. God is not that unjust to let his people suffer twice.

The idea is not really to increase tax rates but to ensure more collection.

Let's be honest with ourselves, those who evade tax are in the majority. Easier example that comes to mind is landlords. Like hundreds of billions change hands each year on rent, yet the landlords don't pay shi shi, because it's "impossible" to catch them when no data exists on who owns what property, what is rented etc.

With data and integration alone making it much harder to evade tax, Nigeria can almost double it's tax revenue in 5 years.

Unfortunately it will take hard work, focused disciplined work to achieve it and that's where we struggle as Nigerians.
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by Reference(m): 9:25pm On Aug 08, 2023
But whenever he was asked about this during the regime of his predecessor he never expressed reservations, concern or outright alarm at the reckless borrowings.

He KNEW he was inheriting calamity and agreed. So what is my problem.
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by klawaaa: 9:41pm On Aug 08, 2023
Nigerians in Nigeria should brace up. The tax collector is in town. I pity the masses!
Racoon:

https://www.thecable.ng/our-economy-is-trapped-tinubu-vows-to-end-nigerias-over-reliance-on-loans/amp
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by 2016v2017: 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2023
001Lagos:
The economy is trapped and you want to use the money realised from subsidy removal to fund senseless and most stupid war

Are you not mad?
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by worksmart(m): 10:01pm On Aug 08, 2023
Says a man whose first action was to get N500m loan allegedly to cushion hardship the caused.

So Bola wants you to endure the haedship he imposed without being able to have the option of getting a loan.

People are going to perish in this wicked man's administration.

Japa if you can ooh! And do it while you still can before he denies you the right to japa angry
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by worksmart(m): 10:08pm On Aug 08, 2023
You love suffering *SMH*
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by wwwtortoise(m): 10:09pm On Aug 08, 2023
COMPAQ:

The idea is not really to increase tax rates but to ensure more collection.

Let's be honest with ourselves, those who evade tax are in the majority. Easier example that comes to mind is landlords. Like hundreds of billions change hands each year on rent, yet the landlords don't pay shi shi, because it's "impossible" to catch them when no data exists on who owns what property, what is rented etc.

With data and integration alone making it much harder to evade tax, Nigeria can almost double it's tax revenue in 5 years.

Unfortunately it will take hard work, focused disciplined work to achieve it and that's where we struggle as Nigerians.

You’re right but I don’t totally agree with you.
Ensure more collection you say. What tangible and sustainable economic value have the past and present governments created in the last 10years with all the taxes she has been generating?
The petro-dollar funds during oil boom, constant borrowing/loan yet nothing to show for it.

Okay let me scale it down. How or what you do with little will determine to a great extent what you’ll likely do with plenty. The biblical parable of five talents explains this.

Nigeria needs fix insecurity, power and amend that stupid constitution else nothing will work.
Fix these and watch the magic of capitalism work wonders.

These taxes will only end up in the pockets of the economic saboteurs. Focusing on taxation at this time is akin to an engineer who mounts a gate In between pillars without fencing.

Cheers!
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by lapintoz: 10:51pm On Aug 08, 2023
This is too complex for children of hate to understand. So do not expect any sensible contribution from them.

Mumu people.
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by Goodman247: 3:34am On Aug 09, 2023
Cut down d cost of governance because it is too expensive
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by caye(m): 4:51am On Aug 09, 2023
Racoon:
Imagine the king of impulsive babiallah loan seekings and endless borrowings giving advice.

With respects to honesty, that title should be given to fmr. President , General Buhari.

He had no single idea on how to generate wealth.
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by Incrediblekutty(m): 6:16am On Aug 09, 2023
001Lagos:

Are you not mad?

You are daft Sha! Very daft
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by PopQueenAgency: 11:46am On Aug 09, 2023
Burob:
If no be laziness, & hypocrisy they worry you, you would be bothered more about the state you reside in, than the purported criminal President in Abuja, nonsense Almijiri.

I live in a penthouse in Miami; your father would be lucky to get a pass to wipe the shoes of my neigbors. I own two fish farms in Lagos and Enugu. I'm not a hungry no-hoper like you shilling for a drug peddling president who'd sooner shit in your mother's mouth than give you a penny.
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by OLAPROSPER4(m): 6:32am On Aug 10, 2023
001Lagos:

Are you not mad?

You seem not to understand how international relations work, do you? Nigeria at independence adopted Africa as the center piece of her foreign policy, this explains Nigeria's in Apartheid South Africa, the civil war in Sierra Leone. More also, Niger is within the regional bloc headed by Nigeria. Though I do not subscribe to the idea of military intervention in Niger due to several reasons, if it becomes necessary, it will be gross ignorant for anyone to conclude that Nigeria is at war with Niger. And do not forget that though Nigeria is the biggest country among the members of the regional bloc, ECOWAS has a purse which all members contribute to and will most likely get support from the West.
Re: "Our Economy Is Trapped" - Tinubu Vows To End Nigeria’s Over-reliance On Loans by Diego35M: 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2023
Racoon:

https://www.thecable.ng/our-economy-is-trapped-tinubu-vows-to-end-nigerias-over-reliance-on-loans/amp
let him pay the huge debts we're owing... With probably the money from d fuel subsidy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akpabio: I Will Keep Representing 3 Senatorial Districts In Akwa Ibom / Troops Destroy Illegal Oil Refinery In Rivers & Avert Farmers/Herdsmen Clash(Pi / Buhari’s Rejection Of Electoral Bill, An Act Of Desperation – CUPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.