Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted (25216 Views)

Court Ruled In January That INEC Can Use Any Method For Results Transmission / Mike Igini Revealing How Election Results Would Be Transmitted / How Election Took Place In Gama Ward ,kano Will Shock You(pics/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by 12stinep(m): 9:14am On Aug 09, 2023
[quote author=Mystiqqqqqqqqqqqlevel of a joke [/quote]
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Successlane: 9:14am On Aug 09, 2023
tolue42:

Will you accept the supreme court outcome?

No, not at all.

Reason:

The supreme court is in Abuja and so, does not affect issues in SE.

smiley smiley smiley
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Dshocker(m): 9:14am On Aug 09, 2023
I hope in the near future, the same court won't come out, to tell us otherwise.

I truly don't understand our judicial system in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by udemzyudex(m): 9:15am On Aug 09, 2023
Of course they can but can they change the method in the middle of an election?

Nobody is arguing that the can decide on the method of transmission, which judges we get for this country sef.

Just beating around the bush and saying what we already know.

1 Like

Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Lifestone(m): 9:15am On Aug 09, 2023
Mystic216:
Court in Lagos

Isn’t that a high level of a joke
But the first Court, The Federal High Court is in Lagos!,
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Way4orward: 9:17am On Aug 09, 2023
Nigeria doesn't need democracy for now.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Mccullum: 9:18am On Aug 09, 2023
That's law for the wise ones.

there's no gburugburu there, it's about facts not fictions.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Segzy19: 9:28am On Aug 09, 2023
Eyah! LP and Obidients will have heart attack on this news o....

Eish! Sorry guys😂😂😂
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by slowice(m): 9:31am On Aug 09, 2023
Inec can determine how election result will be transmitted.... But after deciding on that, they can't change it in the middle of the game.

They already made that decision when they told us they would transmit result in electronically.... It was solely their decision but they can't arbitrarily change the rules in the middle of the game... That is corruption.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by IfnobeGod20: 9:32am On Aug 09, 2023
talented321:
Even court will tell you that inec is in better position on how they can operate''
Politics no be gra gra business'' na underground work be politics.
With your gragra comment. Does the judgement takes away the guidelines set by the commission on how to conduct the 2023 General Elections? I don't know why you people like masturbating on non issue.
The question that should preoccupied your mind is,how did the commission says they would transmit the results from the polling units to collation center till the final results announcement?
The Constitution, the electoral Act and INEC guidelines are there to guide and not what the court says for now. How did the commission says they would do the transmission? If the commission says they would do like 'A' by their own guidelines and at the middle of the game changed it to 'B'. That's tantamount to double standard.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by naturefellow(m): 9:37am On Aug 09, 2023
Wisereborn:

A court of law is not a political ground except we are talking about corrupt judges😏
don't engage that dude, his reasoning is the direct opposite of whatever his handle says.

1 Like

Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by talented321: 9:38am On Aug 09, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

With your gragra comment. Does the judgement takes away the guidelines set by the commission on how to conduct the 2022 General Elections? I don't know why you people like masturbating on non issue.
The question that should preoccupied your mind is,how did the commission says they would transmit the results from the polling units to collation center till the final results announcement?
The Constitution, the electoral Act and INEC guidelines are there to guide and not what the court says for now. How did the commission says they would do the transmission? If the commission says they would do like 'A' by their own guidelines and at the middle of the game changed it to 'B'. That's tantamount to double standard.
if they go against the commission why then the commission din't punish them or is inec bigger the constitution'' according to ur claim
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by lordnkem000(m): 9:38am On Aug 09, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
don't pray for war in Nigeria it is not an easy task
I am not o, though what we receive from this government makes for different reasoning
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by victorsola: 9:40am On Aug 09, 2023
Racoon:
Really? A Lagos court? Jokers! Same electoral act amended and passed by the NASS? Only a supreme court judgement will lay this matter to rest.
the appeal was done in lag, and the high court that gave the first verdict was also in lagos . Na hypocrisy go kill una .
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:43am On Aug 09, 2023
lordnkem000:

I am not o, though what we receive from this government makes for different reasoning
it is well Nigeria will be great let's hope for that
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by slimfit1(m): 9:50am On Aug 09, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Is not the job of the military to do check and balance. Nigeria is not a banana republic like Niger. The constitution is supreme over here.

I've not seen the NASS conduct one with all the DSS and presidencies flaunting our constitution.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by ifinger: 9:53am On Aug 09, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Oluwole court judgement

This once don chop agbado 🌽🌽🌽
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by IfnobeGod20: 9:55am On Aug 09, 2023
talented321:
if they go against the commission why then the commission din't punish them or is inec bigger the constitution'' according to ur claim
That is what I want you to know that the judgement has nothing to do with the conduct of the 2023 General Elections. The elections have guidelines spelt out, which even the electoral Act empowers. So judgements are going to be based on guidelines, Electoral Act and what the constitution says.
Now, if th constitution gives the commission two options they can use but the commission decided through their own formulated guidelines that they would use 'A' but later went to use 'B'. That is tantamount to infraction because elections are conducted by guidelines and rules.
Yes, the law empowers the commission to adopt either in the conduct of election but if the commission says I am going for this method and they put it as part of the guidelines to conduct the election and also broadcast it to the media both at the local and international, that makes it a standard procedure to the conduct of the election for the year. No game all over the world that rules are altered at the middle of the game.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Ken4Christ: 9:56am On Aug 09, 2023
Nigeria my country. We are watching the drama with interest. But I know that every evil has an expiring date.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Mfetenang: 9:56am On Aug 09, 2023
Isn't it funny that Biafran people think they can win a case in a Nigerian court?
😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣 The people will never get sense.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by lordnkem000(m): 10:06am On Aug 09, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
it is well Nigeria will be great let's hope for that
Hope hasn't taken us anywhere, did u realize that?
With all our wealth as a nation and people, we are the world's poverty capital and the citizens remain quite, while politicians take our rights and make us slaves..
Just like Niger people who have Uranium to power France but 96% are poor. Abeg no hope o, na make we hope for ourselves

1 Like

Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:10am On Aug 09, 2023
lordnkem000:

Hope hasn't taken us anywhere, did u realize that?
With all our wealth as a nation and people, we are the world's poverty capital and the citizens remain quite, while politicians take our rights and make us slaves..
Just like Niger people who have Uranium to power France but 96% are poor. Abeg no hope o, na make we hope for ourselves
You are not lying all our money is in the hands of set of people in Nigeria and they are our politicians if you don't have any of them beside you it won't be easy unless God prove himself
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by PointB: 10:15am On Aug 09, 2023
There is no doubting the fact that INEC is at liberty to determine how results are transmitted.

But once the decision is made, and commununicated to interested parties and stake-holders, it becomes part of the Electoral Guideline, and INEC is not at liberty to change it in the middle of an election.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by williemichael(m): 10:22am On Aug 09, 2023
Agreed, hope not influenced by those who appoint them in order to suit their demand.
Inec knows the best thing to do to save nigeria and our democracy. But will influence and corruption allow it to happen. if INEC can take it stand as it's claimed to be (independent) and do the right thing, i believe opstimistically that nigeria will not be in this mase it has found itself today
Finally, the judiciary , your judgement for election matters also play critical roles inthe way forward for our dear country. So when you are delivering judgement, do you ask yourself this question, ( is my judgement right).
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by anonymous1759(m): 10:27am On Aug 09, 2023
onuman:

INEC not only established the regulations for the 2023 general elections, it took a vow before the public that NO OTHER METHOD EXCEPT ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION SYSTEM FOR VOTES RESULTS SHOULD BE USED FOR THE 2023 GENERAL ELECTION.
IT STUCK WITH ITS VOW EXCEPT IN THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.
INEC's vow to not use other method except electronic transmission of vote results effectively nullified any possibility for using another transmission method for vote results outside electronic transmission.
You twist facts to suit your needs for a drug trafficking baron and certificate forgery expert to preside over you and unfortunately over innocent Nigerians.

Stop crying please refer me to the constitution where the law refer INEC to only use electronic transmission if not then hold your peace . I believe you’re educated and know the meaning of “contingencies” what you promised or say can be over hauled by a contingency which you know it’s a fact stop blackmailing people emotionally if BAT is a drug lord go to court and sue him with evidence stop disturbing our media space with noise .
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Ikaeniyan0: 10:27am On Aug 09, 2023
slimfit1:

I've not seen the NASS conduct one with all the DSS and presidencies flaunting our constitution.
The military can never take over in Nigeria.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by slimfit1(m): 10:30am On Aug 09, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
The military can never take over in Nigeria.

Let see as Tinubu is running the country to ground.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by IfnobeGod20: 10:37am On Aug 09, 2023
anonymous1759:
grin

Painment 2.25.23 cheesy grin grin grin if it’s not painment and hatred how will you consider only one election transmission of result without making room for manual or another ? Just like you saying having IVF or surrogacy should be only way to make babies while other ways should be neglected because it’s more advanced there by ignoring the manual method .
You guys should stop this madness what if contingencies come up and the internet isn’t available so INEC will not collate results or transmit? Nigeria is not built on your people’s emotions if you’re so hungry for a coup go to Niger and join them leave Nigeria with immediate effect.
Your "if" is conditional but it wasn't like that. As far as the 2023 General Elections is concern there was absolute and strong wave of internet provider and host web designer, Amazon.
This was made clearer that the senatorial and House of Reps Elections conducted along with presidential election was successfully transmitted and uploaded. Except you want to claim it was a different provider that hosted them.
You people should try to be smart even if it is by half.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by MT: 10:39am On Aug 09, 2023
Jackson619007:
Lol, Nigeria and law, did they even have law??🤔💭

Why don't you test the water by committing a murder?
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by lordnkem000(m): 10:40am On Aug 09, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
You are not lying all our money is in the hands of set of people in Nigeria and they are our politicians if you don't have any of them beside you it won't be easy unless God prove himself
Yes o and it's frustrating me out, imagine I don reach to marry but I dey run from women because no money, no better job. Crazy na..
I even dey fear say make i no use my hand born my grandchildren o as e be like this.
This shit must stop o
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Slurity(m): 10:44am On Aug 09, 2023
Twistaray:
Just In: Court Gives Verdict on INEC’s Electronic Transmission of Results Read more:

https://www.legit.ng/politics/1548018-just-court-verdict-inecs-electronic-transmission-results/?fbclid=IwAR0pql009FuMXz1Uwy-4xb_gkMWHwcUN8oAMgFZoU7On2QhwmjvyQWp9nl8
YOU WANT TO GIVE SOME PEOPLE TO CRY ON FOR THIS WEEKEND. CANT YOU WAIT TILL FRIDAY BEFORE HITTING THEM IN THE FACE?
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by shonepa(m): 10:45am On Aug 09, 2023
So for ur my mind, u think say dem respect any African....wooowu.

They only come to steal and destroy, like play....war wey we think say e no concern us, don reach our domot.

Wisereborn:

Unfortunately, the whole world knows this too!!!

For the fact that it is no longer hidden, is the very reason our leaders, elders are no longer respected internationally

You are the politician here, do the mathematics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Deeper Life Church At Okene Kogi State, Kill 15 / Senate Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan’s Power Sector Spendings / EFCC Summons Ike Ekweremadu After Surrounding His House In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.