Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted (25213 Views)

Court Ruled In January That INEC Can Use Any Method For Results Transmission / Mike Igini Revealing How Election Results Would Be Transmitted / How Election Took Place In Gama Ward ,kano Will Shock You(pics/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:47am On Aug 09, 2023
lordnkem000:

Yes o and it's frustrating me out, imagine I don reach to marry but I dey run from women because no money, no better job. Crazy na..
I even dey fear say make i no use my hand born my grandchildren o as e be like this.
This shit must stop o
You are not alone likewise so many people there is no job anywhere people are just managing pending the time God will answer their prayers. Just take it easy
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by obyno82: 10:51am On Aug 09, 2023
Twistaray:
Just In: Court Gives Verdict on INEC’s Electronic Transmission of Results Read more:

https://www.legit.ng/politics/1548018-just-court-verdict-inecs-electronic-transmission-results/?fbclid=IwAR0pql009FuMXz1Uwy-4xb_gkMWHwcUN8oAMgFZoU7On2QhwmjvyQWp9nl8

i Thought this verdict was given months before. Why recycling news, just to spread propaganda?
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by anonymous1759(m): 10:53am On Aug 09, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Your "if" is conditional but it wasn't like that. As far as the 2023 General Elections is concern there was absolute and strong wave of internet provider and host web designer, Amazon.
This was made clearer that the senatorial and House of Reps Elections conducted along with presidential election was successfully transmitted and uploaded. Except you want to claim it was a different provider that hosted them.
You people should try to be smart even if it is by half.

I followed the court case . LP and PDP couldn’t bring a Amazon staff to confirm your claims which was the easier thing to do. INEC lawyers in their final redress wrote that the server was not as its best with evidence let’s wait for the court to decide that .

Back to the argument a contingency can break a promise that you’ve made.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Mushmush: 11:01am On Aug 09, 2023
Obidients how market? I dey laugh o!

Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Masterito(m): 11:09am On Aug 09, 2023
Sounds like corruption
talented321:
Even court will tell you that inec is in better position on how they can operate''
Politics no be gra gra business'' na underground work be politics.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by talented321: 11:12am On Aug 09, 2023
Anyhow you put it u are right.
Masterito:
Sounds like corruption
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by IfnobeGod20: 11:18am On Aug 09, 2023
anonymous1759:

I followed the court case . LP and PDP couldn’t bring a Amazon staff to confirm your claims which was the easier thing to do. INEC lawyers in their final redress wrote that the server was not as its best with evidence let’s wait for the court to decide that .

Back to the argument a contingency can break a promise that you’ve made.
If you followed the court case, did INEC also brought the report that says there was a glitch during the presidential election by Amazon? Go to Amazon website and read through daily report of all their hosted web, there was no where a report indicated that a glitch happened on 25th February, 2023 or days after that. Meaning their glitch was a man made one. It would have made a lot of sense if INEC had brought report of their host to substantiate their claims that there was a glitch truly and that the glitch only affected the presidential election and not senatorial and House of Reps Elections.
Besides, every contingencies to be used or deployed by the commission must be adequately reflected on their guidelines as to prepare all parties involved in the elections, that if so so happened, this is what INEC promised to do. And not just introduced what was not captured in their guidelines. We live in a world of rules and orders please.
Nigeria is not a Banana Republic where they just wake up and introduce what is not, after rules had been set and ratified by all patties and even made public at local and international levels, even at Chatham House. We just need stop ridiculing this nation for political gain, it makes no sense.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by lordnkem000(m): 11:23am On Aug 09, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
You are not alone likewise so many people there is no job anywhere people are just managing pending the time God will answer their prayers. Just take it easy
Thanks baby, I am taking it easy o but my anger is av been trying God's phone number for so long and it's still switched off, don't know when he'll pick up cos I need him to..
A brother got issues and bills to pay men and ain't getting younger. U re so cool
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by onuman: 11:26am On Aug 09, 2023
anonymous1759:

Stop crying please refer me to the constitution where the law refer INEC to only use electronic transmission if not then hold your peace . I believe you’re educated and know the meaning of “contingencies” what you promised or say can be over hauled by a contingency which you know it’s a fact stop blackmailing people emotionally if BAT is a drug lord go to court and sue him with evidence stop disturbing our media space with noise .

INEC on contingency after the so-called glitch on its computers during the presidential election?
If your client ordered a job that needs to be processed by a computer, but midway in the job, your computer develops a glitch, do you resort to an ordinary typewriter to do the job knowing full well that the job will not be processed by the computer, and the job will come out bad and rejected by your client? NO.
If your computer developed a glitch, you must stop work and resume whenever the glitch is removed from your computer. You must not go back to use typewriter knowing full well that the job will be rejected by the client if you used an ordinary typewriter to conclude the job.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by orisa37: 11:26am On Aug 09, 2023
THAT'S A LESSON FROM ABOVE.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by orisa37: 11:29am On Aug 09, 2023
That's neither CHRISTIANITY NOR ISLAM BUT NIGERIANISM.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by anonymous1759(m): 11:32am On Aug 09, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

If you followed the court case, did INEC also brought the report that says there was a glitch during the presidential election by Amazon? Go to Amazon website and read through daily report of all their hosted web, there was no where a report indicated that a glitch happened on 25th February, 2023 or days after that. Meaning their glitch was a man made one. It would have made a lot of sense if INEC had brought report of their host to substantiate their claims that there was a glitch truly and that the glitch only affected the presidential election and not senatorial and House of Reps Elections.
Besides, every contingencies to be used or deployed by the commission must be adequately reflected on their guidelines as to prepare all parties involved in the elections, that if so so happened, this is what INEC promised to do. And not just introduced what was not captured in their guidelines. We live in a world of rules and orders please.
Nigeria is not a Banana Republic where they just wake up and introduce what is not, after rules had been set and ratified by all patties and even made public at local and international levels, even at Chatham House. We just need stop ridiculing this nation for political gain, it makes no sense.

INEC brought up the evidence in their final redress wait for the court . Before Amazon can come out and make a statement of failure of a glitch, is when the glitch Happens world wide which they’ve done before which Apc lawyers made reference to.
Eg MTN only sends apology messages if they’ve a nation wide break down but doesn't mean glitches don’t occur in some areas . INEC also said hackers tried to get into the system which they submitted in their final redress let’s wait . But I feel INEC and APC will edge over LP and PDP it’s only Amazon itself that can counter APC and INEC with their evidence.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Jostoman: 11:41am On Aug 09, 2023
buhariguy:
is the certified true copy given to obi,diot different from the certified true copy results inec use in declaring president tinubu as the winner?
google is your friend oga.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Jostoman: 11:42am On Aug 09, 2023
MichaelSokoto:

dem grab high-neck 4 blokos!
grin
no be small

1 Like

Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by anonymous1759(m): 11:43am On Aug 09, 2023
onuman:

INEC on contingency after the so-called glitch on its computers during the presidential election?
If your client ordered a job that needs to be processed by a computer, but midway in the job, your computer develops a glitch, do you resort to an ordinary typewriter to do the job knowing full well that the job will not be processed by the computer, and the job will come out bad and rejected by your client? NO.
If your computer developed a glitch, you must stop work and resume whenever the glitch is removed from your computer. You must not go back to use typewriter knowing full well that the job will be rejected by the client if you used an ordinary typewriter to conclude the job.

cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy stop painting a narrative that suit you please you cracked me up though In this case you think the client are Labor party members lol other Nigerians aside labor stands with INEC . One question if you’re an examiner marking script and suddenly the marking machine develops faults and you’ve a target to submit your script won’t you resort to manual marking when you’ve the marking scheme? The only difference is that Machine is faster and durable to human strength but doesn’t rule out the fact that you can’t get the same excepted result with the marking scheme.

Secondly If you’re driving to an important venue and your machine breaks down won’t you use your legs to complete the journey knowing fully well that you’ll still get the expected result in reaching your goal which making it to the venue . Your analogy really got me laughing .
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by joba4luv: 11:50am On Aug 09, 2023
Twistaray:
Just In: Court Gives Verdict on INEC’s Electronic Transmission of Results Read more:

https://www.legit.ng/politics/1548018-just-court-verdict-inecs-electronic-transmission-results/?fbclid=IwAR0pql009FuMXz1Uwy-
4xb_gkMWHwcUN8oAMgFZoU7On2QhwmjvyQWp9nl8

Set of charge and bail judges
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by onuman: 12:19pm On Aug 09, 2023
anonymous1759:

cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy stop painting a narrative that suit you please you cracked me up though In this case you think the client are Labor party members lol other Nigerians aside labor stands with INEC . One question if you’re an examiner marking script and suddenly the marking machine develops faults and you’ve a target to submit your script won’t you resort to manual marking when you’ve the marking scheme? The only difference is that Machine is faster and durable to human strength but doesn’t rule out the fact that you can’t get the same excepted result with the marking scheme.

Secondly If you’re driving to an important venue and your machine breaks down won’t you use your legs to complete the journey knowing fully well that you’ll still get the expected result in reaching your goal which making it to the venue . Your analogy really got me laughing .

Atiku group also contests the APPOINTMENT OF TINUBU AS PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA BY MAHMOOD AND HIS SENIOROFFICIALS OF INEC, NOT ONLY OBIDIENTS.
Manual marking of scripts is fraught with errors than electronic marking. Transparency in election is why electronic transmission of vote results was resorted to in Electoral Act of 2022. If not for transparency, we could have still stuck to manual collation of votes.
If you are travelling to a distance of 1000 km but your vehicle develops a glitch, it's foolishness to resort to treck to your destination, after all, the vehicle could be repaired by a mechanic to enable you continue with the journey.

INEC had no reason to resort to manual collation of votes results in presidential except that it wanted to APPOINT TINUBU AS PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA.
INEC SENIOR OFFICIALS must not be made to have their EVIL WAY.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by anonymous1759(m): 12:28pm On Aug 09, 2023
onuman:

Atiku group also contests the APPOINTMENT OF TINUBU AS PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA BY MAHMOOD AND HIS SENIOROFFICIALS OF INEC, NOT ONLY OBIDIENTS.
Manual marking of scripts is fraught with errors than electronic marking. Transparency in election is why electronic transmission of vote results was resorted to in Electoral Act of 2022. If not for transparency, we could have still stuck to manual collation of votes.
If you are travelling to a distance of 1000 km but your vehicle develops a glitch, it's foolishness to resort to treck to your destination, after all, the vehicle could be repaired by a mechanic to enable you continue with the journey.

INEC had no reason to resort to manual collation of votes results in presidential except that it wanted to APPOINT TINUBU AS PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA.
INEC SENIOR OFFICIALS must not be made to have their EVIL WAY.

Electronic * marking also can develop technical fault which can undermine the marking nothing is 💯. And by way INEC wasn’t going on a journey of 100km . Manual coalition has been used before in Nigeria. 1993 was manual and still the best in Nigeria election history. Stop painting narrative that suits you .
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by onuman: 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2023
anonymous1759:

Manual marking also can develop technical fault which can undermine the marking nothing is 💯. And by way INEC wasn’t going on a journey of 100km . Manual coalition has been used before in Nigeria. 1993 was manual and still the best in Nigeria election history. Stop painting narrative that suits you .

Manual collation of votes results best for Nigeria? Much of rest of the world has gone for electronic transmission of vote results. Retrogression - typical of APC/TINUBU/YAKUBU MAHMOOD supporters.
Why not resort to replying me with postal letters instead of online reply?
Well, it's difficult to convince the monsters who have sunk their vampirous teeth on Nigeria.
The monsters tell us that an election umpire can set up a regulation to conduct an election through electronic transmission of vote results; people started to believe in the Electoral system and trooped out more than ever to register for voting and voted; but after votes are cast, the election umpire changed to outdated manual collation of votes and produced a winner. This can be accepted only in a country at the terminal stage of cancer.

As the monsters of Nigeria want Retrogression in Electoral system, why can't they carve their own country out from Nigeria, and appoint presidents at will; instead of everyone caged in retrogression in Nigeria where a group either produces president, or appoint president for Nigeria?
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by anonymous1759(m): 1:08pm On Aug 09, 2023
onuman:

Manual collation of votes results best for Nigeria? Much of rest of the world has gone for electronic transmission of vote results. Retrogression - typical of APC/TINUBU/YAKUBU MAHMOOD supporters.
Why not resort to replying me with postal letters instead of online reply?
Well, it's difficult to convince the monsters who have sunk their vampirous teeth on Nigeria.
The monsters tell us that an election umpire can set up a regulation to conduct an election through electronic transmission of vote results; people started to believe in the Electoral system and trooped out more than ever to register for voting and voted; but after votes are cast, the election umpire changed to outdated manual collation of votes and produced a winner. This can be accepted only in a country at the terminal stage of cancer.

As the monsters of Nigeria want Retrogression in Electoral system, why can't they carve their own country out from Nigeria, and appoint presidents at will; instead of everyone caged in retrogression in Nigeria where a group either produces president, or appoint president for Nigeria?

Stop vomiting like you’re too refined . In America mail box system of elections still takes place with electronic voting it was used in 2020, same with Japan I think Stop making it seem like it’s only Nigeria. If you can’t stand the country leave in peace .
People like you when you go outside the shore of Nigeria you can eat any sh!t because of the high expectations you’ve for them .

There’s no perfect system anywhere in the world. Bennie sanders was rigged out in favor of Hilary Clinton that’s the people you make reference to like there’s no glitch in their system. If it’s not hate that’s disturbing you ought to have understand that INEC most Likely will not get this electronic system correctly for a first time trial oyinbo wannabe 🤮
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by obrian888: 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
tiger28:

It must be Anambra court abi??

Africa's Biggest Jokers!

U go wail for the 8 years than North take over

So you are enjoying this country like this, if this country is your personal business since 1999, will you allow the likes of OBJ, YAR ADUA, GEJ,GMB AND NOW THE DRUGGEE TO to run it for you? be fair to this question.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by onuman: 1:30pm On Aug 09, 2023
anonymous1759:

Stop vomiting like you’re too refined . In America mail box system of elections still takes place with electronic voting it was used in 2020, same with Japan I think Stop making it seem like it’s only Nigeria. If you can’t stand the country leave in peace .
People like you when you go outside the shore of Nigeria you can eat any sh!t because of the high expectations you’ve for them .

There’s no perfect system anywhere in the world. Bennie sanders was rigged out in favor of Hilary Clinton that’s the people you make reference to like there’s no glitch in their system. If it’s not hate that’s disturbing you ought to have understand that INEC most Likely will not get this electronic system correctly for a first time trial oyinbo wannabe 🤮

Person like you must leave Nigeria peacefully. We want a progressive country but you people want a retrogressive country because you are hatefilled and full of contempt for someothers you share Nigeria with. If not, you couldn't have been flexing for a most corrupt octogenarian former drug trafficking baron and certificate forgery expert, as president of a country. You want to bend the Election rules, Electoral Act of 22, and bend even the simple sentence in Nigeria's Constitution that a presidential candidate must win 25% of votes in the FCT.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Fearyourcreator: 2:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
talented321:
Even court will tell you that inec is in better position on how they can operate''
Politics no be gra gra business'' na underground work be politics.
Just like telling court how to carry out judgement
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Drsmartphilips: 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2023
ottalo:

I take an exception to this don't drag Edo people into this, we know people who have committed most crime in Nigeria and abroad are Yorubas including the seating president. Get your sense right
don't be a fool,anini,osunbor and osaigbovo are your brothers, you guys are damn criminals and leading in prostitution
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by IfnobeGod20: 9:14pm On Aug 09, 2023
anonymous1759:

INEC brought up the evidence in their final redress wait for the court . Before Amazon can come out and make a statement of failure of a glitch, is when the glitch Happens world wide which they’ve done before which Apc lawyers made reference to.
Eg MTN only sends apology messages if they’ve a nation wide break down but doesn't mean glitches don’t occur in some areas . INEC also said hackers tried to get into the system which they submitted in their final redress let’s wait . But I feel INEC and APC will edge over LP and PDP it’s only Amazon itself that can counter APC and INEC with their evidence.
I don't just know why you guys like justifying lie with more lies. Amazon is the host of INEC IREVs and it is the same way they host many websites around the world and they daily give reports of what went wrong on each web they hosted. It seems you're confusing network provision to web hosting. Yes, there may be network delay or error but web hosting and security is solely rest on AWS and they monitor each web hosted for their clients. Any glitch seen in any hosted web is reported and documented on their site for public view and consumption. Stop confusing yourself and the gullibles.
A glitch that only affected one category of election and left the remaining two conducted same day. That glitch must be powerful and selective.
Hope you're aware that the Deputy Director that was brought to testify at the tribunal for INEC refused to swear on oath with Bible and do you know what, he is a pastor but refused to swear with Bible on oath?
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by tiger28: 9:53pm On Aug 09, 2023
MEGAWATCH:

As they are waiting for 8 years, you will be experiencing shega promax, no be JuJu be that?

I wish most of you will know the thing ahead of you.

What's ahead of us will be a prosperous Nigeria.

Look , I am a Northerner and my Candidate lost so the next thing is to move on and pray that Tinubu changes things around as he has done in Lagos.

Meanwhile, you Biafrans are praying for the Worst because your unqualified Candidate lost woefully.

In fact your Candidate is not EVEN experienced enough to be a VP and his records are subpar compared to Atiku and Tinubu.

Abeg!
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by anonymous1759(m): 10:32pm On Aug 09, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

I don't just know why you guys like justifying lie with more lies. Amazon is the host of INEC IREVs and it is the same way they host many websites around the world and they daily give reports of what went wrong on each web they hosted. It seems you're confusing network provision to web hosting. Yes, there may be network delay or error but web hosting and security is solely rest on AWS and they monitor each web hosted for their clients. Any glitch seen in any hosted web is reported and documented on their site for public view and consumption. Stop confusing yourself and the gullibles.
A glitch that only affected one category of election and left the remaining two conducted same day. That glitch must be powerful and selective.
Hope you're aware that the Deputy Director that was brought to testify at the tribunal for INEC refused to swear on oath with Bible and do you know what, he is a pastor but refused to swear with Bible on oath?

It’s wrong for a Christian to swear with a bible this is the lamest excuse I’ve seen so far. So because it didn’t swear With the bible he’s guilty? INEC already brought their defense allow the court to decide you’re not a judge or better still go an summon Amazon to testify for you guys simple or Pisss out.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by Emola12(m): 10:58pm On Aug 09, 2023
Uncompleted court building in Lagos radarada oshi
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by MEGAWATCH: 2:53am On Aug 10, 2023
tiger28:

What's ahead of us will be a prosperous Nigeria.

Look , I am a Northerner and my Candidate lost so the next thing is to move on and pray that Tinubu changes things around as he has done in Lagos.

Meanwhile, you Biafrans are praying for the Worst because your unqualified Candidate lost woefully.

In fact your Candidate is not EVEN experienced enough to be a VP and his records are subpar compared to Atiku and Tinubu.

Abeg!

Just like I was told in 2019 by Buhari supporters that they future looks bright for them and today most of them has lost their voices because he failed woefully.

We will wait for your prosperous future with this confirmed looters both occupying the national assembly and Aso rock.

I will still ask you how market like I used to ask many Buhari supporters that always ignore me with anger and frustration in their hearts.

Time will tell.....
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by odduduwa: 12:30pm On Aug 10, 2023
odduduwa:
Court in Lagos ? Tell me another story .
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by IfnobeGod20: 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2023
anonymous1759:

It’s wrong for a Christian to swear with a bible this is the lamest excuse I’ve seen so far. So because it didn’t swear With the bible he’s guilty? INEC already brought their defense allow the court to decide you’re not a judge or better still go an summon Amazon to testify for you guys simple or Pisss out.
It's only wrong for a Christian to swear or bearing false witness with bible. Swearing on the ground of truth with Bible is permissible in christian faith. No where from Genesis to Revelation that Bible says you cannot use Bible to bear truth as to reveal falsehood.
Re: Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted by anonymous1759(m): 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

It's only wrong for a Christian to swear or bearing false witness with bible. Swearing on the ground of truth with Bible is permissible in christian faith. No where from Genesis to Revelation that Bible says you cannot use Bible to bear truth as to reveal falsehood.

Please show me the verse in both new and Old Testament I’ll apologize.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Fixes Dates For Kogi, Bayelsa Gov Elections / Uwazurike Renames MASSOB To BIM - Biafra Independent Movement / Buhari Orders Recruitment Of 6,000 Policemen - APPLY NOW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.