Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,552 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Do You Believe This Statistic about Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Believe This Statistic about Nigeria? (144 Views)

I Can't Believe This Is The Wike That Has Been Running Mouth Like Tap - Pix / I Can't Believe This Is Our Vice President, Disaster Averted / Analyze The Chances Of Two Leading Presidential Candidates Using This Statistic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Believe This Statistic about Nigeria? by NSNO(m): 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2023
This thread is in response to the one about Nigeria's unemployment rate.

According to World of Statistics, Nigeria's unemployment rate is 33.3%. That's a huge number, it means about 1 in 3 persons are unemployed. Or think of it this way; take 10 Nigerians randomly and over 3 of them will be unemployed.

I don't think thats true, looking around me, I don't see that number of people idle. They may not have a government job or a job with a multinational company (White collar job) but they are working, doing one thing or the other to survive.

Now the post did not specify that the data they used was that of the formal sector alone but I think that any statistics about unemployment in a developing country that does not take into account the huge informal sector is null and void.

So please nairalanders, enlighten me.

Previous thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7794404/unemployment-rate-world-nigeria-tops#124948773

(1) (Reply)

International Youth Day: Nigeria Youth Parliament / Niger Coup: Nigerians Can’t Be Sacrificed; Embrace Dialogue, Catholic Bishops / Ministers Set To Hit The Ground Running

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.