Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,345 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger (45158 Views)

ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds / Russia Will Bear The Consequences: Biden introduces more sanctions / Mali: ECOWAS Imposes Economic And Political Sanctions After Election Delay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by aklid(m): 6:15am On Aug 09, 2023
Now this! Is what am talking about
Suffocate them from here don’t let them breath nor invade them…😂😂they ecowas got the gist

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by membranus: 6:16am On Aug 09, 2023
Rayban25:
can tinubu finally go and sleep?

No. He is busy, deciding how YOU will live in a free and safe society, and prospering in it. So, he cannot sleep as you are doing.
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by puremaker7(m): 6:24am On Aug 09, 2023
Desusi:

Who wanted to die?War isn't a solution to every matter,sometimes dialogue would go along way.
Yes, o...
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by Bobbiee: 6:28am On Aug 09, 2023
With what is going on, I'm sure the West were aware of the invasion of China by Japan in the 30s. I'm sure they just closed their eye to it because Japan as of then was their ally
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by Jungleluv5: 6:29am On Aug 09, 2023
NwaNimo1:
But the coupists called the bluff of ECOWAS Ebola Tinupoo and vowed to resist any foreign intervention on its soil.

if you like call him any name he is your president and 4 years is sure so cry anyhow now

Jagabandits right now.....
]if you like call him any name he is your president and 4 years is sure so cry anyhow now
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by skywalker240(m): 6:30am On Aug 09, 2023
Och77:
. You are the big fool here. Why not allow them metion before being insulting? Tribal politics every now and then. I am from Delta State, neither Yoruba nor Ibo
Anybody that speak the foolishness of their master is termed Igbo

Those guys are extremely foolish beyond redemption bro
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by Sheggy13(m): 6:30am On Aug 09, 2023
bluesugar18:
My prayer is Ecowas leaves Niger alone to do whst it wants, bcus if they return Bazoum back the people of Niger go come vex for Nigeria. Make boko haram no come double oo

What I don't understand is that Bazoum is a democratic president that was voted in because he got the majority of votes of Nigeriens. His election was not controversial like that of Tinubu in Nigeria, meaning he was fairly popular. Why are they then suddenly celebrating his ouster by the junta, as if he was imposed on them in the first place? These things aren't adding up.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by JDJDjD: 6:33am On Aug 09, 2023
saintrow1:

You too, you will never reach half his age in your life.
Please tell us his age🤣🤣
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by bdon12: 6:36am On Aug 09, 2023
Fugazy2023:
It's a collective decision by Ecowas members to impose more sanctions on the juntas. But watch the children of thief Peter Obi single out Tinubu for insults. Awon asinwin
I am obidient n hav never insulted tinubu concerning Niger.Is very complicated situation even though i am not in complete support n also not completely against.do not always generalize comments that are not similar to urs to be frm a particular ethnic group.remember,if obidients were only igbo,obi wont pull d number of millions vote that was given to him...it means some of us like me ain't igbo.Pls giv urself brain becos i cld also liken d way u comment to a particular tribe that are known to be xtremely corrupt n tribalistic bt i decided not to.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by riverbird: 6:47am On Aug 09, 2023
Fugazy2023:
It's a collective decision by Ecowas members to impose more sanctions on the juntas. But watch the children of chief Peter Obi single out EBOLA for insults.
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by Basiliun: 6:47am On Aug 09, 2023
But instead of sanction, invasion and
all worth not by ECOWAS or any other countries, why not address the very issue that brought the coup junta?
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by Kay25(m): 6:49am On Aug 09, 2023
Ecowas need not go to war sanctions alone is enough..let's see how the landlocked niger that has more dependency on Nigeria would survive..all I just want is make sure our borders are not porous so that they dont flow in here in mass

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by maticar: 6:58am On Aug 09, 2023
festacman:

Installation of PM doesn't drive the economy. Business activities do.
yea, business like your master has crippled in the country
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by ehikwe22: 7:00am On Aug 09, 2023
flokii:
I pity those coup plotters honestly.. they don't know warfare has gone beyond physical show of force. If not for the conventions that prohibit use of chemical and biological weapons, Niger republic for know wetin hit them when scientists enter lab and re-engineer viruses and biological agents.

Too many fools on nairaland. Who told you a chemical war has a guaranteed winner? Do you know who Niger would be able to win over in the long run that would give them chemicals to use against their enemies who are non other than Nigerians?

Death dey hungry you abi?

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by 001Lagos: 7:00am On Aug 09, 2023
LegendHero:
Good that ECOWAS backtrack in their invasion resolution echoed.

They should just sanction Niger like they are doing and desist from invading the country.

Tinubu should focus on Nigeria, he is a new government and we can’t afford spending our resources to support ECOWAS on some invasion/wars for now.
After Niger republic has reduced Tinubu to almost nothing abi?

I thought you and the rest of his other supporters were supporting his senseless invasion plan? 😂 😂 😂

Ebola Ahmed Tinubu is a coward
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by pfadom: 7:01am On Aug 09, 2023
You're no doubt a shallow thinker. Do you envisaged that Timubu would simply get the armed forces ready to attack a country with whom we share over 1500 km boundary with at least 7 states from Northwest to Northeast?

Are we economically ready to house the Nigerian that would relocate to Nigeria for refuge?

Please get yourself some sense. You've not got over your February 25 election loss.

Get well soon.

NwaNimo1:
But the coupists called the bluff of ECOWAS Ebola Tinupoo and vowed to resist any foreign intervention on its soil.

Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by Nicolo360: 7:02am On Aug 09, 2023
Morbeta11:
Who sanctions help or kill?

Ecowas sanctions will cripple Niger. Remember they are Landlocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by wizod(m): 7:04am On Aug 09, 2023
[s]
Fugazy2023:
It's a collective decision by Ecowas members to impose more sanctions on the juntas. But watch the children of thief Peter Obi single out Tinubu for insults. Awon asinwin
[/s]
you opened your mouth to and made some utterances, yet ends up saying nothing. You people were drumming for war in Niger, who stopped you?
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by wizod(m): 7:05am On Aug 09, 2023
[s]t's a collective decision by Ecowas members to impose more sanctions on the juntas. But watch the children of thief Peter Obi single out Tinubu for insults. Awon asinwin[/s]
you opened your mouth to make a speech and made some utterances, yet ends up saying nothing. You people were drumming for war in Niger, who stopped you?
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by harmargedon: 7:07am On Aug 09, 2023
Fugazy2023:
which other ECOWAS country have sanctioned Niger except Nigeria?
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by boxypane(m): 7:07am On Aug 09, 2023
ECOWAS o! not Nigeria o!!
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by harmargedon: 7:08am On Aug 09, 2023
festacman:
This sanction stuff looks like a script written by France and US. But at least it saves ECOWAS face and defuses tension in Niger.

Interesting to see how long the Junta will keep up with this cat and mouse play before settling down for actual governance because as it is currently, the country is standstill. The current situation doesn't help Niger's economy.
of course, ECOWAS leader is a French puppet.
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by boxypane(m): 7:10am On Aug 09, 2023
NwaNimo1:

Wasted school fees.
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by boxypane(m): 7:10am On Aug 09, 2023
puremaker7:
I thought you guys wanted a war before.
And you actually thought war was going to happen?
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by tnerro1(m): 7:23am On Aug 09, 2023
flokii:

You can't think outside the box.. that's one big problem with most of you.

What if the erstwhile colonizers they are fighting decide to unleash something terrible on them there?.. can Niger fight back? Do they have anything in Niger republic to fight biological warfare??

Use your number six ok? It won't hurt.

Why would you suggest biological warfare self, you think if that is done, it will not affect you in Nigeria. The Covid that was engineered in China, did it not still get into Nigeria with all the preventative measures put it place.?
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:23am On Aug 09, 2023
RingRoadMafia:
What is worse than cutting off their power?

Cutting off $2 billion in foreign aid which the West has done. How can a poor country like Niger survive much less thrive with $2 billion dollars yanked away? Where’s the military government going to get money to operate, especially when sanctions will kill most of their established trade.
Anyone is free to come back and tag me a month from now to tell me I’m wrong on how Niger is doing without huge cash infusions.
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:25am On Aug 09, 2023
Nicolo360:

Ecowas sanctions will cripple Niger. Remember they are Landlocked

That’s right.
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by tnerro1(m): 7:26am On Aug 09, 2023
France has been the one enjoying Niger’s resources, let them go there and fight the coups plotters and leave Nigeria out of it. They should not even use our land or airspace to attack Niger
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by franco3075q(m): 7:29am On Aug 09, 2023
buzmanjohn:

https://punchng.com/just-in-ecowas-imposes-more-sanctions-on-niger/?amp
Anybody who know's tinibu should warn him..not 2 go 2 war with Niger, more countries are backing them and they hv vowed 2 gv Nigeria war if tinibu try anything, their citizens are not complaining o, make this man no indirectly bring war 2 our country o
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by joshuaedem(m): 7:33am On Aug 09, 2023
The military regime is the only good thing for Us, let's stop deceiving ourselves.
democracy is good for the colonial masters. its simply the Govt of Looters, for Looters, and by Looters.
Re: ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:34am On Aug 09, 2023
kabillionaire:

The rancour about the coup in Niger is not just about Niger, but a MESSAGE to the colonial masters that, Africa has awaken from it slumber.
And hence our support.

Hopefully, you’ll be supporting them with money and food because they’ll need it.
It’s wise to wait until you’re self-sufficient and can feed yourself/your people to break free from a colonial master. Let’s watch the military government replace all the foreign aid that’s been stopped—that’ll be the true test.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two South African Policemen Caught With Looted Goods In Their Cars. / Boris Johnson Announces Full National COVID-19 Lockdown For England / China Deploys 6 Warships To Middle East Over Fears Israel Crisis Could Spark WW3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.