Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,967 members, 7,810,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters (2110 Views)

High-powered Nigerian Delegation Arrives In Niamey To Engage With Coup Plotters / Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum / Jamal Khashoggi's murder: Saudi Leader Immune From Prosecution, US Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by AtorKelly(m): 6:53am On Aug 09, 2023
Niger Coup
By Idowu Bankole

The United States of America has warned the Niger junta that America may be pushed to be involved militarily if the country’s military rulers do not return to constitutional order.

The US acting Deputy Secretary, Victoria Nuland, in a special briefing on Niger disclosed this via a teleconference on Tuesday.

She noted, “…There is still a lot of motion here on many sides with regard to where the governance situation will go.

“So we will be watching that closely and there are a number of regional meetings coming up and consultations with allies and partners that we need to make.

“So we’ll be watching the situation, but we understand our legal responsibilities and I explained those very clearly to the guys (Niger junta) who were responsible for this and that it is not our desire to go there, but they may push us to that point, and we asked them to be prudent in that regard and to hear our offer to try to work with them to solve this diplomatically and return to constitutional order.”

Nuland noted that President Joe Bden has been in constant touch with President Tinubu, the ECOWAS Chairman as well as many other European allies.

“He’s also been in regular touch with President Tinubu of Nigeria, who is currently head of ECOWAS, with AU Chairperson Faki, and with a number of European allies with whom we work in Niger, particularly on counterterrorism.

“And all of this has been rooted in our shared values, including the sense of democracy, which was why it was so difficult, and remains difficult, to see the current challenge to the democratic order which began on July 26,” she stressed.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/we-may-be-pushed-to-invade-niger-us-tells-coup-plotters/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by FairlyUSEDpussy: 6:54am On Aug 09, 2023
Seems there's something unexplained or untold bout this coup in niger.........

Why is the take over raising eyebrows??

Same happened in Mali, Burkina Faso etc....... still no drama and threats..........

7 Likes

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by OGIBRA(m): 6:58am On Aug 09, 2023
No problem, as long as you wont use nigeria as bait or proxy for the invasion

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by Dexpro: 6:59am On Aug 09, 2023
Na wa oo
Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by uzohrome(m): 7:02am On Aug 09, 2023
US are criminal elements, who send dem work?

1 Like

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 7:04am On Aug 09, 2023
Let them try am🙄

Arrant nonsense 😡😡

1 Like

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by 001Lagos: 7:06am On Aug 09, 2023
U.S can go ahead but Tinubu shouldn't drag us into the senseless war

Let U.S and Russia settle their war in peace

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by Morbeta11(m): 7:06am On Aug 09, 2023
So why is Niger's coup different from Mali and co....these same western countries watched people massacred in Rwanda in 1994 without moving an inch.

4 Likes

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by helinues: 7:08am On Aug 09, 2023
Pushed? Why should happenings in Niger be America's headache

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by mbos: 7:08am On Aug 09, 2023
Go face Wagner naah
Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by Rootprof(m): 7:09am On Aug 09, 2023
There is something they are not telling us. The kind of interest the UN is showing directly and through their errand country Nigeria prove that there is something in Niger they want. Let the white leave we black alone. They are nothing but exploiters robbing Africa. It's time Africa country prove their sovereignty.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by Christistruth03: 7:10am On Aug 09, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Same happened in Mali, Burkina Faso etc....... still no drama and threats..........

It is because the Coup of Niger is an extension of the War in Ukraine and everyone knows it

4 Likes

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by HenryTimes: 7:11am On Aug 09, 2023
They should invade Brunei first.

And they should also know that there's no democracy in Saudi Arabia so also is North Korea.

3 Likes

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by HNICEARTH: 7:12am On Aug 09, 2023
The US are invading any niger. In fact, they no longer want any military action in niger

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by sotall(m): 7:13am On Aug 09, 2023
You couldn't invade Russia but you want to invade Niger....

You see them angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by Godfullsam(m): 7:16am On Aug 09, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Mali and burkina Faso do not have mineral resources that the US and France can exploit.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by theophorus(m): 7:18am On Aug 09, 2023
All these threats ehn.
Peace ooo, na wetin we all want be that ooo.

Cos if he happen who no go, go know.
Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by Godfullsam(m): 7:19am On Aug 09, 2023
The US can't do nothing! They are just trying to scare Niger Army to submission.

Shameless exploiters
Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by chiefolododo(m): 7:19am On Aug 09, 2023
The US and Russia want to turn other countries to war zones. This is not good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by pek(m): 7:24am On Aug 09, 2023
Massive destruction and killing is going on in Ukraine for over a year now but you haven't intervened. Ordinary Niger you are flexing your muscles. Shame on you.
Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by HussenAdul: 7:24am On Aug 09, 2023
Why were u not push to invade Russia?
The fear of Putin!

4 Likes

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by harmargedon: 7:26am On Aug 09, 2023
😂😂😂 e dey pain
Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by harmargedon: 7:26am On Aug 09, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

uranium, very important.

2 Likes

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by Blackdeewhy(m): 7:29am On Aug 09, 2023
All will be well
Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by advanceDNA: 7:37am On Aug 09, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:

The stake is high....uranium is involved....

Uranium= weapons of mass destruction

2 Likes

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 09, 2023
Hope they have not chase them from Airbase 201 ...The U.S do spend a lot on their facilities... I think I saw some Alien craft testing site some years back in Africa and I think Niger is a good hiding place for such test ...I might be wrong...
Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by BigRocky: 7:44am On Aug 09, 2023
helinues:
Pushed? Why should happenings in Niger be America's headache

Stay one place mk thunder no miss u..

You are surporting tinubu the US puppet and now want to condemn US.

U get dementia like your inec select president?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by helinues: 7:46am On Aug 09, 2023
BigRocky:

Stay one place mk thunder no miss u..

You are surporting tinubu the US puppet and now want to condemn US.

U get dementia like your inec select president?

Stop doing cho cho upadan

Sebi na the candidate you supported in the last election dey reason and make decisions for you

Eish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by williamssamuel1: 7:51am On Aug 09, 2023
Nairaland pls come to my aid, Am a final year student of bayero university, Kano recently our Registration fees was increased from 35,000 to 95,000, as a hustling, I was able to rise 75,000, presently am unable to complete it, and the date of registration will end tomorrow, pls, in the name God, help me, in other to avoid spill over, I know things are hard, but if you touch by God help me, I will be very grateful. Sorry for my typographical errors

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by Ogene001: 7:54am On Aug 09, 2023
Good. Let USA and France fight their war and stop pushing Nigeria
Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by BigRocky: 8:00am On Aug 09, 2023
helinues:

Stop doing cho cho upadan

Sebi na the candidate you supported in the last election dey reason and make decisions for you

Eish

You and I have no say when it comes to national and international issue such as the situation in Niger.
That's why we elect leaders to speak on our behalf.

Any decision tinubu make is automatically a reflection of every one of his voter's and inec that perfect the rigging for him.

I no dey do cho Cho,I just dey try put apc supporters of evil for their place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We May Be Pushed To Invade Niger — US Tells Coup Plotters by optionalY09: 8:07am On Aug 09, 2023
There is something serious that must be protected in Niger, and its natural resources everyone wants it. If care is not taken they will use Niger as battle field for Russia US and China, three of them will steal the resources. Note someone still remain a loosed Africa will loose because these people don’t like us.

That war is going to be synonymous to seeing your hated neighbor’s wet white clothes dropped from the spread line and you stepped on muddy sand and walk over it many times

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obama The Anti-christ / EXPOSED: President's Daughter Intimate Tape Leaked Online (SEE PHOTOS) / U.K. Switches On World's Largest Wind Turbines To Power 230,000 Homes(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.