Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,176 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) (2315 Views)

Help! My Daughter's Incurable Skin Irritation ( Disturbing Images) / My Daughter Has Hair Lice. / Help Save My Daughter Sight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by Rita30: 8:13am On Aug 09, 2023
This is an x-ray of a six year old girl. Please somebody help me
What is wrong or abnormal here
Does she need an operation
Please please please

Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by Recardo(m): 8:17am On Aug 09, 2023
Post it in the health section. You'll only get answers from kids here.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by Candidlady: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2023
Radiologists

. Where you guys at,?

And why is this in romance section
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by spinna: 8:31am On Aug 09, 2023
How can you bring an xray to nairaland for diagnosis?

5 Likes

Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by Westerhoffe(m): 8:39am On Aug 09, 2023
Six years old…

She might need surgery to fix the dental anomaly.

But consult with a surgeon for advice.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by KwuoteYourFada: 8:55am On Aug 09, 2023
There's nothing wrong skeletally with this cervical x-ray ( lateral view)

The maxilla and mandible are in good shape for a young girl

It would have been better if you explained what happened to her so we can know where we are looking at it from. You should have posted the Anterior or posterior views of the radiograph.

What's wrong with her? Neck pain? Was she involved in an accident?

6 Likes

Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by benodic: 9:00am On Aug 09, 2023
The big problem with this country is that most people are always looking for a short cut. Nobody wants to go through the standard process of doing things. This is also why the health care is in shambles.

Medical care has 3 majors processes you pass through before going for treatment.
The process of course starts with the medical doctor, who takes a history and examines the patient. He then sends for the appropriate investigation and then puts together all the findings from these 3 processes to make a diagnosis.

Without going through these 3 processes you are chasing shadows and will end up getting wrong advise
What we see in Nigeria today is people jumping straight to treatment or jumping straight to investigation without going through the normal process.

In summary, you can not use a radiograph to make a proper diagnosis and formulate a management plan without a thorough medical history and thorough medical examination of the patient.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by chinae(m): 9:05am On Aug 09, 2023
Why are we having this here?

This is expected to end on the table of the doctor that recommended the xray or you Did initiated it yourself?

Assuming you did, that will be with an isolated Laboratory and theirs will always come with a summary sheet and conclusion section on it.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by KwuoteYourFada: 9:28am On Aug 09, 2023
benodic:
The big problem with this country is that most people are always looking for a short cut. Nobody wants to go through the standard process of doing things. This is also why the health care is in shambles.

Medical care has 3 majors processes you pass through before going for treatment.
The process of course starts with the medical doctor, who takes a history and examines the patient. He then sends for the appropriate investigation and then puts together all the findings from these 3 processes to make a diagnosis.

Without going through these 3 processes you are chasing shadows and will end up getting wrong advise
What we see in Nigeria today is people jumping straight to treatment or jumping straight to investigation without going through the normal process.

In summary, you can not use a radiograph to make a proper diagnosis and formulate a management plan without a thorough medical history and thorough medical examination of the patient.
apt
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by finallybusy: 10:31am On Aug 09, 2023
GO TO A DOCTOR. Haba! Don't put the health of your child in the hands of twelve year old children.

What you're seeing is normal. Those are permanent teeth ready to replace her present milk teeth. Children's skulls at the age look like helmets. By age eight or nine, she'd exhaust all the extras, resulting in a regular looking skeleton. Why didn't you honestly ask the expert?
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by Rita30: 10:41am On Aug 09, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:
There's nothing wrong skeletally with this cervical x-ray ( lateral view)

The maxilla and mandible are in good shape for a young girl

It would have been better if you explained what happened to her so we can know where we are looking at it from. You should have posted the Anterior or posterior views of the radiograph.

What's wrong with her? Neck pain? Was she involved in an accident?

Thank you very much sir
She has got no accident
She always have neck pains which spread to the head
She's got a tiny hole on her neck which drips water like fluid occasionally. MRI couldn't detect the connection of the hole because they said it's very tiny.

She's also got two big bulge right inside her two nose which was initially diagnosed as polyps and later discarded as allergys for that this x-ray was done. She equally snores badly occasionally

Now they consider operation on the neck to clear the air passage which they said is partially blocked.
Am just seeking opinions if the operation should be immediate or needed at all

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by Rita30: 10:45am On Aug 09, 2023
finallybusy:
GO TO A DOCTOR. Haba! Don't put the health of your child in the hands of twelve year old children.

What you're seeing is normal. Those are permanent teeth ready to replace her present milk teeth. Children's skulls at the age look like helmets. By age eight or nine, she'd exhaust all the extras, resulting in a regular looking skeleton. Why didn't you honestly ask the expert?

We visit the doctors every two weeks ma/sir
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by franchasofficia: 11:07am On Aug 09, 2023
Rita30:

Thank you very much sir
She has got no accident
She's got a tiny hole on her neck which drips water like fluid occasionally. MRI couldn't detect the connection of the hole because they said it's very tiny.

She's also got two big bulge right inside her two nose which was initially diagnosed as polyps and later discarded as allergys for that this x-ray was done. She equally snores badly occasionally

Now they consider operation on the neck to clear the air passage which they said is partially blocked.
If a paediatrician recommended surgery, with the things you described, she will most likely need surgery to correct those issues.

But make sure the hospital or surgeon that will handle it is a competent consultant with years of experience. Federal government owned facility would have been the best place cos they do have a lot of competent consultants, you can then talk to the consultant personally and make promise of appreciation if all goes well, of which I believe it will.

God will see her through cry
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by manchyme: 11:32am On Aug 09, 2023
spinna:
How can you bring an xray to nairaland for diagnosis?

Nairaland will shock, as odd as it may look or sound, nairaland has solutions to any problem you can think of. Try us
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by KwuoteYourFada: 12:03pm On Aug 09, 2023
Rita30:

Thank you very much sir
She has got no accident

ma'am I'm really sorry to hear that.

What could it be? angry

it seems that your daughter may have a cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leak from her neck. CSF is the fluid that surrounds and protects the brain and spinal cord. A CSF leak occurs when there is a hole or tear in the membrane that covers the brain and spinal cord, allowing some of the fluid to escape. A CSF leak can cause symptoms such as headache, neck pain, dizziness, nausea, ringing in the ears, changes in hearing and vision.

And yes it's an emergency and should be surgically repaired as quickly as possible because of its infected she risk having meningitis which Is when more worrisome , embarassed

Note: I might be wrong with my diagnosis because I haven't seen the patient or physically inspect her all my diagnosis are based on what you've said. I may be wrong.

My prayers are with you and your family. May God grant you people success in the surgery.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by KwuoteYourFada: 12:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
manchyme:

Nairaland will shock, as odd as it may look or sound, nairaland has solutions to any problem you can think of. Try us
Lol I met one of my seniors here sef. Like you said don't underestimate nairaland
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by Rita30: 1:07pm On Aug 09, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:
ma'am I'm really sorry to hear that.

What could it be? angry

it seems that your daughter may have a cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leak from her neck. CSF is the fluid that surrounds and protects the brain and spinal cord. A CSF leak occurs when there is a hole or tear in the membrane that covers the brain and spinal cord, allowing some of the fluid to escape. A CSF leak can cause symptoms such as headache, neck pain, dizziness, nausea, ringing in the ears, changes in hearing and vision.

And yes it's an emergency and should be surgically repaired as quickly as possible because of its infected she risk having meningitis which Is when more worrisome , embarassed

Note: I might be wrong with my diagnosis because I haven't seen the patient or physically inspect her all my diagnosis are based on what you've said. I may be wrong.

My prayers are with you and your family. May God grant you people success in the surgery.

Yes you are at it! It should be it.

All these symptoms you mentioned are what I go through with her often. The days she's free from symptoms are like miracles to me. It has to be CFS.
She's always on pain killers from neck pains, body pains, head pains. Sometimes she's asking me if her head is still small, that she's feeling her head is grown large like the house, sometimes she's saying her head is divided into two and she can't feel one part. She feels dizzy and gets so weak she can't use her hands or legs I have to carry her about till she feels better, she's complains of blurry vision and double sights.

The sopd diagnosed bronchial abnormally, maybe the fluid is from her tongue but MRI could not show the hole connection. Sopd said it would be better if they know the track before going into surgery. They never thought of CFS and I believe with this your insight it has to be CFS.

The surgery they are talking of now is not even for the hole it is for her nose. According to ENT her air passage is partially blocked from that x-ray so they want to operate to open up her air passage.

Pls sir how do I go about the CFS, what procedures does she need to go through to establish the CFS. Does she need another MRI. She has done series of scan on that neck and each time they see nothing. Or should we go for ctscan
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by KwuoteYourFada: 1:45pm On Aug 09, 2023
Rita30:

Yes you are at it! It should be it.

All these symptoms you mentioned are what I go through with her often. The days she's free from symptoms are like miracles to me. It has to be CFS.
She's always on pain killers from neck pains, body pains, head pains. Sometimes she's asking me if her head is still small, that she's feeling her head is grown large like the house, sometimes she's saying her head is divided into two and she can't feel one part. She feels dizzy and gets so weak she can't use her hands or legs I have to carry her about till she feels better, she's complains of blurry vision and double sights.

The sopd diagnosed bronchial abnormally, maybe the fluid is from her tongue but MRI could not show the hole connection. Sopd said it would be better if they know the track before going into surgery. They never thought of CFS and I believe with this your insight it has to be CFS.

The surgery they are talking of now is not even for the hole it is for her nose. According to ENT her air passage is partially blocked from that x-ray so they want to operate to open up her air passage.

Pls sir how do I go about the CFS, what procedures does she need to go through to establish the CFS. Does she need another MRI. She has done series of scan on that neck and each time they see nothing. Or should we go for ctscan

I'd advise you talk to the doctor about the insight I gave.
And yeah she might need another MRI or CT scan
I know it might cost alot
Myelography a kind of x-ray that uses digital subtraction angiography (DSA) to inject a dye into the spinal canal and take X-ray images of the spine. It can show the exact location and size of the CSF leak in the neck. It's cheaper and more accurate than MRI and CT
The problem is , there are few diagnostics centres and hospitals in Nigeria that can do it .

CT scans and MRI are good as well .

But first talk to the doctor and suggest to him if it might be CFS leak. As it is now he has better idea of the situation than me from a medically stand .
Good luck

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by Rita30: 2:07pm On Aug 09, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:
I'd advise you talk to the doctor about the insight I gave.
And yeah she might need another MRI or CT scan
I know it might cost alot
Myelography a kind of x-ray that uses digital subtraction angiography (DSA) to inject a dye into the spinal canal and take X-ray images of the spine. It can show the exact location and size of the CSF leak in the neck. It's cheaper and more accurate than MRI and CT
The problem is , there are few diagnostics centres and hospitals in Nigeria that can do it .

CT scans and MRI are good as well .

But first talk to the doctor and suggest to him if it might be CFS leak. As it is now he has better idea of the situation than me from a medically stand .
Good luck

Yes I will talk to the doctors about it. Thank you very much

But what about the nose issue, please is there any obstructions in the nasal passage in that x-ray
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by pandax: 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2023
Rita30:

Yes I will talk to the doctors about it. Thank you very much

But what about the nose issue, please is there any obstructions in the nasal passage in that x-ray

Please are they attending to this your child at a tertiary hospital - teaching hospital or FMC?

Any traumatic injury to the head before now?

Has your child had a prior nasal surgery?

How long has your child been having these enumerated symptoms?

A CT Scan of the PNS may be required to ACCURATELY diagnose nasal obstructions and its extent if any

Whether the CSF Leak is secondary to traumatic head injury, prior nasal surgery or any other cause, this case is an emergency
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by 9182736455O1999(m): 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
Since i started using Nairaland, i've seen and observed people get answers/solutions on Nairaland.
I don't know how sometimes you guys rate this forum. Maybe some think it's just jobless and meaningless people that uses this forum.
To you lots screaming "Go to the hospital. Go to the doctor". Do you think she stayed in her bedroom and made an x-ray?
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by 9182736455O1999(m): 3:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
manchyme:

No mind them. Them think say we no get hands.
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by Rita30: 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2023
pandax:

Please are they attending to this your child at a tertiary hospital - teaching hospital or FMC?

Any traumatic injury to the head before now?

Has your child had a prior nasal surgery?

How long has your child been having these enumerated symptoms?

A CT Scan of the PNS may be required to ACCURATELY diagnose nasal obstructions and its extent if any

Whether the CSF Leak is secondary to traumatic head injury, prior nasal surgery or any other cause, this case is an emergency

She has not had any head injury
She has not had any nasal operation or any other operation before
The lick of fluid from the neck is from birth
The nasal obstructions started last year 2022
We are in Abuja
We've been from Garki hospital to National hospital
The nasal obstructions and operation was concluded based on that x-ray
And the fluid from neck is still unknown
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by Coldplay007(f): 3:26pm On Aug 09, 2023
franchasofficia:
If a paediatrician recommended surgery, with the things you described, she will most likely need surgery to correct those issues.

But make sure the hospital or surgeon that will handle it is a competent consultant with years of experience. Federal government owned facility would have been the best place cos they do have a lot of competent consultants, you can then talk to the consultant personally and make promise of appreciation if all goes well, of which I believe it will.

God will see her through cry

Federal government owned hospitals are the most useless ones, look for a good private hospital with Peadiatric Surgeons...
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by AgentGoat: 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2023
Coldplay007:

Federal government owned hospitals are the most useless ones, look for a good private hospital with Peadiatric Surgeons...

That ll be very costly. I don't know if she can afford that. I ll advise she sticks with public hospitals.
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by Ikpunnegi01: 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2023
Carry your matter go to a good hospital before you loose your child, there is no hospital here; the only thing you can find here is tr#balism ,hatred and War.. And the War is already upon them.. Go to hospital; federal hospital...
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by GodWrites: 4:33pm On Aug 09, 2023
Rita30:
This is an x-ray of a six year old girl. Please somebody help me
What is wrong or abnormal here
Does she need an operation
Please please please

You didn't ask the person that conducted the scan, you are asking Nairalanders. It's easy to open legs and receive dick, but common sense you do not have. Next please.
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by Rita30: 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
GodWrites:

You didn't ask the person that conducted the scan, you are asking Nairalanders. It's easy to open legs and receive dick, but common sense you do not have. Next please.

Waow you sound so reasonable

1 Like

Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by GodWrites: 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2023
Rita30:

Waow you sound so reasonable

Don't go to the hospital. Keep asking Nairalanders until something happens to that innocent child. You can fucck but can't have common sense.
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by Rita30: 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2023
GodWrites:

Don't go to the hospital. Keep asking Nairalanders until something happens to that innocent child. You can fucck but can't have common sense.

Why is the Bleep paining you so much
Re: I Need Help With My Daughter (photos) by GodWrites: 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2023
Rita30:

Why is the Bleep paining you so much

Because I hate parents who can fucck and yet lack the capacity to take care of their child. It's the reason Africa is the way it is. You, as a person, don't deserve to have a child cause you don't have the capacity. Coming to Nairaland instead of the hospital is proof of that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

True Confession: How Judases Betrayed The Nma Strike By Sacking Us - Nard Presid / How To Prevent Your Vagina From Smelling Like Fish. / Boil Cassava Leaves And Ginger To Treat These 5 Diseases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.