Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,491 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign (54206 Views)

Soldiers Fight Bandits And Terrorists With Armoured Tanks (video/pics) / Boko Haram Releases Pix Of Armoured Tanks, Operation Vehicles Captured From Army / FG Acquires 17 Armoured Tanks, Artillery Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by Exceed15: 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2023
I support their resignation. We can't keep loosing our fine men for useless , selfish and corrupt politicians.
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by lexy2014: 5:31pm On Aug 09, 2023
slimfit1:
The military are spending money on tanks instead of drones, the days of tanks are slowly dying only if its an unmanned tank. We should be spending our money on research on home or locally made drowns. This is what happens if you don't want to modernise our military.
Our resources should be more on our airforce than anything. Work smart not work hard these days, but in this case if you work hard you won't survive the only people that survive are those that work smart.

How do you know that the days of tanks are slowly dying?

How does drone automatically mean modernisation?
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by BreconHills(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2023
7demons:

Bro, get exposed. Read and do research, it will help you alot. Only SA or Algeria military inventory will beat all this hands down. I'm not going to talk about Egypt inventory( best in Africa).
You think those statisticians that rate military blogging sites are illusionary than being pragmatic?

Please quote one of such sites.

1 Like

Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by lexy2014: 5:33pm On Aug 09, 2023
Revolution2022:
if you research the history of coup in nigeria,junior officers are the ones plotting a coup.

Really? Like which coups and who are the junior officers?

What were their ranks?
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by lexy2014: 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Majority of Nigerians are not in support of coup.

The guy talked about people of Niger supporting the coup in their country. You are talking of Nigerians.

What concerns Nigerians with coup in Niger?
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by lexy2014: 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

You are wailing as if Tinubu has being ruling Nigeria for the pass 20 years, he has not even spend up to 3 month in power, and you want to kill yourself. He's doing his job perfectly. Only a dunce like you will expect Nigeria to become an eldorado in less than 3 month.

He hasn't up to 3months in power yet inflation and hardship has spiralled. That's quite a record.

How is Tinubu doing his job perfectly?

What exactly is his job?
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by BreconHills(m): 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2023
7demons:

Bro, get exposed. Read and do research, it will help you alot. Only SA or Algeria military inventory will beat all this hands down. I'm not going to talk about Egypt inventory( best in Africa).
You think those statisticians that rate military blogging sites are illusionary than being pragmatic?

Only Nigeria has seaward defence satellites. No other country has seaward over the horizon surveillance. Google falcon eye. SA has only one surveillance plane, NG has four. Nigeria has the largest number of drones outside of say Egypt. Even Mali has more than SA

You arm for what you are fighting. No one keeps unused inventory with low chance of outing. Nigeria's war against terror and piracy in the gulf of guinea has led to massive uparming in over the horizon defence

Which war/threat is SA facing? Algeria is facing terrorists same as Nigeria while Egypt has long given up trying to match Israel. No one holds unused or redundant inventory.

The two countries you mention Egypt and Algeria are formidable but I stand my statement on Nigeria. Nigeri a has just placed orders for another 24 strike aircraft. The only gap in Nigeria's armoury is land to air missile systems.

Not everyone on nairaland is or has always been a civilian.

2 Likes

Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by plaindealer: 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2023
The usual fake news rubbish.
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by Ikaeniyan0: 6:02pm On Aug 09, 2023
lexy2014:

The guy talked about people of Niger supporting the coup in their country. You are talking of Nigerians.

Is this thread about Niger or Nigerian soldiers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by asanausana91: 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2023
Let the 8 million mumu that voted for the drug lord should go and replace them.
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by slimfit1(m): 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2023
SmartyPants:

You're not current at all. Massive investment has gone into the creation of the Army's aviation corps. That is, the Nigerian army controls an advanced fleet of aircraft including drones, jets and attack helicopters separate form the airforce.

So much investment has gone into modernising the army. But even at that, the idea that boots on the ground can be replaced by eyes in the sky is wrong. Each component has a role to play.

I'm not seeing it been used at the right place.
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by victory36(m): 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2023
rdokoye:

Only banana republics with agrarian economies have coups. Nigeria's economy is too sophisticated for the Nigerian military to manage.
story for the gods plus Nigeria is also an agrarian banana republic
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by HRMK: 6:29pm On Aug 09, 2023
SIMPLY SAY:THEY ALL CHICKEN OUT!ME I NOR BLAME THEM SHA!NOBODY WAN DIE!!
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by esthel(f): 6:49pm On Aug 09, 2023
Seyi and Iyaloja should go and learn how to drive those vehicles, lest i forget, that Elrufai's son with rope neck lusting for war should learn too.

1 Like

Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by LastProphet: 6:53pm On Aug 09, 2023
slimfit1:
The military are spending money on tanks instead of drones, the days of tanks are slowly dying only if its an unmanned tank. We should be spending our money on research on home or locally made drowns. This is what happens if you don't want to modernise our military.
Our resources should be more on our airforce than anything. Work smart not work hard these days, but in this case if you work hard you won't survive the only people that survive are those that work smart.

How do you modernize with a corrupt and hopeless regulatory environment? If the govt who is regulator is clueless then do you think that sector will attract the best brains? A very intelligent civil servant will lose all motivation the moment a complete dullard is placed above him in the name of quota system, so how do you expect such agency to deliver?
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by johnaruson(m): 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2023
Is this the people you said will not plan a coup? People who are not happy with the system, if senators approve Niger war, Senate president Akpabio should operate armoured tank in war front. The 25 soldiers may have been forced to resign and sign non disclosure agreement. If not, They don't want to fight their home country Niger.
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by slimfit1(m): 7:08pm On Aug 09, 2023
LastProphet:

How do you modernize with a corrupt and hopeless regulatory environment? If the govt who is regulator is clueless then do you think that sector will attract the best brains? A very intelligent civil servant will lose all motivation the moment a complete dullard is placed above him in the name of quota system, so how do you expect such agency to deliver?

He tire me oh
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by maticar: 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2023
Revolution2022:
if you research the history of coup in nigeria,junior officers are the ones plotting a coup.
The first question was rhetorical
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by Neddyogu(m): 9:48pm On Aug 09, 2023
thisisit:
Junior and intermediate Military officers getting restless and restive....

This is the foremost sign of an inevitable military coup..

You think it's NCOs and low level officers that plan and execute coups?
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by Emola12(m): 10:47pm On Aug 09, 2023
Tinubu should call asari dokubo to other awon o ni yeye APC av turn dis corn-tree to skit
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by 7demons: 10:48pm On Aug 09, 2023
BreconHills:

Only Nigeria has seaward defence satellites. No other country has seaward over the horizon surveillance. Google falcon eye. SA has only one surveillance plane, NG has four. Nigeria has the largest number of drones outside of say Egypt. Even Mali has more than SA

You arm for what you are fighting. No one keeps unused inventory with low chance of outing. Nigeria's war against terror and piracy in the gulf of guinea has led to massive uparming in over the horizon defence

Which war/threat is SA facing? Algeria is facing terrorists same as Nigeria while Egypt has long given up trying to match Israel. No one holds unused or redundant inventory.

The two countries you mention Egypt and Algeria are formidable but I stand my statement on Nigeria. Nigeri a has just placed orders for another 24 strike aircraft. The only gap in Nigeria's armoury is land to air missile systems.

Not everyone on nairaland is or has always been a civilian.
Ok, let's agree to disagree. Let me believe you for now. I'm glad you said we're short of Air defence missiles which I believe.
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by KingRoiz(m): 10:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
We want war.. we want war... We want to fight... Our darling Tinubu must lead from the front... We have enough Agbagorians to sweep Niger and Russia In just 2 to 3 days.... Who are we? Giants of Africa 🌍. We are the war, we are the fight, we are the Agbagorianskiz...
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by Yankee101: 12:31am On Aug 10, 2023
If there’s a war with niger they are the first line of contact

Who wan due for 100k salary or less?
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by hardeybaba: 10:53am On Aug 10, 2023
This is quite disheartening that we are loosing these experienced WAR professionals at this time...on the other hand, I cannot blame them if all they are asking for is a better experience to make them enjoy the job and nobody is listening to them

Staying beyond stipulated time without replacement at a War front has a lot of psychological effect and health effect...they need to leave and recuperate from time to time...I am sure they are feeling abandoned

I think their welfare also needs to be stepped up...what is the difference between #1000 and #1200 mentioned, when everything have gone up by over 300%.....not sure this is meeting any of their needs

Also, I think the govt/army needs to review the salary of the rank personnel and let it reflect the current realities in the country....afterall, we all go to the same market to buy every other things & we all send our kids to the same school...The inflation is affecting everybody....and they are box to the corner because they can never protest or join a protest...no voice

How can you explain that a solder who has spent up to like 10-15 years in service is not earning up to 90k/100k a month with all the dangerous things they confront on a daily basis and promotion/rank is also not coming as at when due....morale will definitely be low

May the Lord heal our country
iwaeda:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/08/09/exclusive-25-nigerian-soldiers-operating-armoured-tanks-other-war-vehicles-resign-amid
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by gfelo(m): 11:27am On Aug 10, 2023
there will be no such thing as coup in Nigeria because those one that suppose to initiate coup are heavily founded.

that is the main reason this government will never probe the army against this corruption cases. because if they do the coup go happen.

inoki247:
Lol na why I dey smile when people talk about Coup in Nigeria..

Even the Military that wants to plan coup are in deep shiit of corruption....
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by lexy2014: 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Is this thread about Niger or Nigerian soldiers?

then you should have no problem answering the question.

Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by Ikaeniyan0: 8:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
lexy2014:

then you should have no problem answering the question.

What are you talking about kid? Are you fraustrated? Go and jump in the lagoon and stop disturbing me with some of your dumb comments. It's not compulsory you always quote me!
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by lexy2014: 8:32pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
What are you talking about kid? Are you fraustrated? Go and jump in the lagoon and stop disturbing me with some of your dumb comments. It's not compulsory you always quote me!

adult, dont you know the difference between a comment and a question?

Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by Ikaeniyan0: 8:36pm On Aug 10, 2023
lexy2014:

I'm not interested in your dumb question on this thread kid, Bleep off my comment abeg
Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by lexy2014: 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I'm not interested in your dumb question on this thread kid, Bleep off my comment abeg

Re: 25 Nigerian Soldiers Operating Armoured Tanks, War Vehicles Resign by Raf4: 1:30am On Aug 11, 2023
Kalashnikov49:
IGBOs are very smart....i will leave it at that grin

Yorubas are smarter....as simple as that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

221 People Killed Since Buhari Became President - The Cable / Governor Godwin Obaseki's ADC Collapses At His Swearing-in Ceremony For 2nd Term / Stella Odua's Son Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.