Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government (16861 Views)

Enugu Government Bans Unauthorised Use Of Vehicles With Tinted Glasses / Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP / How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by Alchemy528: 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2023
The Residents of Enugu State have continued to react to the recent ban on tinted glasses for vehicles plying state roads by the state government.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the ban was announced through a memo signed by Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Prof. Chidiebere Onyia.

In separate interviews with NAN on Wednesday in Enugu, some legal experts expressed different views on the legal implications of the pronouncement and it’s work-ability.
A civil rights lawyer, Olu Omotayo, said that the pronouncement was unimplementable because it was not backed by any law.

“It remains a mere pronouncement by the executive, it has no backing of the law and therefore cannot be implemented by the state government.

“It is the constitutional responsibility of the Nigeria Police Force to ban the use of tinted glasses, ” he said.

According to him, the task force set up by the state do not have the legal power to either prosecute or fine offenders.

Also speaking, a constitutional lawyer, John Nwobodo, said the state had the right to put measures in place to check insecurity in the state.

He, however, said that the issue of tinted glasses, by law, was the sole responsibility of the Inspector General of Police (IGP).

“It will be difficult to implement that law because it is only the IGP that can take that responsibility.

Advertisement

“The state can only succeed if they co-opt the security into it but it will be difficult to implement at the state level,” he said.

He said the constitution required that offenders be charged to the Federal High Court, which the task force lacked the powers.Another resident, Mr Ignatius Orji, said that the pronouncement was ambiguous and very difficult to implement without the legal instruments

by the State House of Assembly.

“It will bring confusion and a lot of people will resist it due to it’s flimsy nature.

“I am certain that many lawyers will challenge it’s implementation in court,” he said.

- Advertisement -

Orji advised the state government to collaborate with the IGP , to fine tune whatever plans it had to check insecurity in the state.

(NAN)
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/enugu-residents-react-to-ban-on-tinted-glasses-by-state-government/

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by buygala(m): 4:51pm On Aug 09, 2023
As long as the Governor, his family and his appointees lead by example by riding in vehicles with fully transparent windows, no problem cool

The Governor is welcome to ride in vehicles with clear windows so that unknown gunmen/snipers can use him for random target practice... When dem gun am down, his deputy will have sense after taking over.

A Government shouldn't force its citizens to do what it won't do.... That's a recipe for civil disobedience

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by MrsTwrite(f): 4:51pm On Aug 09, 2023
They're literally out of ideas.

11 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by herkeem: 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2023
Good
Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by inoki247: 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2023
Lol UGM dey use am angry shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by complexstuffs(m): 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2023
Can anyone tell me the advantages of having a tinted glass car?

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by Namdeenero(m): 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2023
Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by Archive4all: 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2023
CRYPTOCURRENCY TRADING GUIDE

Download Binance or Bybit from playstore or iOS and let me teach you how to trade crypto safely. You can start with any amount and grow it up to 5 times within a week. Imagine earning in Dollars every minute.
Stop complaining about govt and simply end poverty. If you aquire the right skills, you would maximize profits and avoid losses. My practical course would expose you to that and you be added to my group for live trading signals. As for newbies, below are part of what you would directly from me:
1. How to Trade Cryptocurrency (Simplified to benefit beginners)
2. Crypto trading success blueprint
3.How to manage risks and emotion properly.
4.How to set stop loss so that if market reverse, you won't loose. (This is where many do fail)
5.How to position and stay focus while trading.
6. Best Crypto tips.
7. Where to get right signals and even how to technically get it yourself.
The course is on a Promo of N5,000.
Get it now and thank me later.
8. How to buy or sell crypto, how to exchange crypto to Naira all within 15 minutes.
9. Technical analysis to help you understand trade
10. Best Airdrop where you can get it free Crypto

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by Edusouls(m): 4:54pm On Aug 09, 2023
Very wonderful law, security is top notch in Enugu now

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by SMARTMOTORS(m): 4:54pm On Aug 09, 2023
This coconut head again!.....those people go really miss Sullivan die!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by lanre316: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2023
Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by adexbols: 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2023
It is a form of cover to prevent people from knowing who is in the vehicle and avoid unnecessary harassment

complexstuffs:

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by santakris(m): 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2023
That serve them right . Some people don't know what governance is all about. They just dabble into it like it's just a roadside business

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by Chimeziehh: 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2023
When you have a DANGEROUSLY and administratively inept morons occupying a sensitive position, this is part of what you see, especially if the idiot is a certificate forger

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by lanre316: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
complexstuffs:

To hide your contraband goods and kidnapped victims from police or from the public.

Those protesting the ban have skeletons in their cupboard

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by YeyeGbami: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ok
Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by nkemoma(m): 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2023
Nigerians are reactors

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by Obyangel: 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2023
Gov Mba must be high on osogbo weed, you waked up the sleeping Lion and expect to sleep?
Clueless Governor cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by jmoore(m): 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2023
inoki247:
Lol UGM dey use am angry shocked shocked
Hush. The governor na UGM? Em dey drive tinted car.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by MykellOni(m): 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2023
Attendance: Present ✔️
Lol! Misplaced priorities... Smh

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by Weathered: 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2023
Alchemy528:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/enugu-residents-react-to-ban-on-tinted-glasses-by-state-government/
and Mbah claims to be a lawyer. We have to check his law certificate as well .

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by Skillsnigeria: 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by Bluffly: 5:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
lanre316:

To hide your contraband goods and kidnapped victims from police.

Those protesting the ban have skeletons in their cupboard
How? When you can be parked and searched on suspicion
Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by FuckDModz: 5:05pm On Aug 09, 2023
grin

You reap what you sow.

However, this should only apply to vehicles registered in Enugu.

Btw, seun, what is your plan to introduce ads revenue sharing on Nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by IjeBos(m): 5:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
People are overreacting. Can't speak to the legality, but it makes sense. Practical measure to help deal with insecurity that will get worse as the economy gets worse. It's not a silver bullet but every little helps. And I don't really care if government cars are tinted. They have their own security issues to contend with.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by highchief1: 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2023
complexstuffs:
once u buy car u go know.no need to tell u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by highchief1: 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2023
adexbols:
It is a form of cover to prevent people from knowing who is in the vehicle and avoid unnecessary harassment

why u answer am?instead of me to drive in car that’s not tinted I’ll enter keke.They have always banned it and we have always given police 200 naira

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2023
Esn
Re: Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government by bonnyhope: 5:19pm On Aug 09, 2023
complexstuffs:

To shield sunlight and to hide yourself

Nothing more

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Your Driving Strenght In Hours? / I Intend To Take My Car Mileage To 500,000km / 5 Most Important Things To Do When Your Car Brakes Fail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.