Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Tinubu, What About The Refineries? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, What About The Refineries? (13709 Views)

Tinubu: What Transpired In Supreme Court Today / Remi Tinubu: What I Will Do When My Husband Wins In 2023 / Will Northern Politicians Do To Tinubu What They Did To Wike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by wittywriter: 8:32am On Aug 10, 2023
Chinjo2:
The refineries are just conduit pipes for looting. Tell me one business the government is involved in that is thriving. I believe in what Atiku said he would do to the refineries. Sell them off and Nigeria will be saving a lot of money while making money from royalties.

Selling isn't a good business strategy.

BoldBrainz:

The refineries should be sold with the Federal Government retaining a 20percent stake in each of them. Private companies should be expressly allowed to fix and run them, with the NNPCL being a regulating body between the private investors and the Nigerian state.

Again, government has no business running business, but una no go hear!
So going by your narrative other oil producing countries that have functional refinery/refineries been run by their government are not doing it right because government has no business running business?
Even when electricity was privatized what happened ? The problem is the maladministrative peeps in our FG and all strata of leadership positions.

Wittyness

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by TurboBuilder(m): 8:35am On Aug 10, 2023
Bunkbars:
And you believed? Are you not tired of being brainwashed.

The said, date for Dangote nkor, Lagos railway, is still not functional. grin.

Dollar rate - 894.

"Let the poor breathe" was a mockery. But people never understood.

By next week, gas price would Inflate. This shege will banza very well grin. Agbado boys should relax, cassava,garri, ewa. Will be plenty.

N917 now
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by michlins(m): 8:36am On Aug 10, 2023
slimfit1:

Only a fool will buy it at the moment, the need for oil is dying so fast these days. Dangote must have realised that he was over ambitious building this current one.
The refineries are not going to be ready in December because building or repairing repairing it doesn't work like repairing a car. Tinubu is just waiting on Dangote then when Dangote refinery kicks they will change their speech, how its not necessary to repair the refineries because it is costly they'll do a deal with Dangote.
you people are just talking nonsense with pride always.

Crude oil will keep powering economies for decades and even centuries. At this point, there's no cheaper alternative that is clean and not damaging the environment
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by onlyboyson(m): 8:36am On Aug 10, 2023
If he build or repair any refinery make south east bend
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by Stevengold(m): 8:37am On Aug 10, 2023
FutureIsFemale:

The future is female indeed. Give power to female and see choas.

Meanwhile continue ur fight against rape it's good.
I hope you ain't a victim though.
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by dennisworld1(m): 8:37am On Aug 10, 2023
Any idiot wen go say make I vote for any bandwagon again I go use bullet pull him brokos
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by AutoConsult: 8:46am On Aug 10, 2023
Good question

Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by TOMMYS: 8:50am On Aug 10, 2023
Finneseguy1:
Dollar is now 917naira, how did we get here?
Dangote refinery was estimated to cost $26billion , 50% loan was borrowed from FG, now my point is, how much will it cost FG to work the ph refinery? Or kaduna refinery, if they can take loan from other countries to build road and train stations, why can’t they take loans to build refineries. I heard from someone that the ph refinery will start functioning on December, have been to the refinery, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it. By the time tinubu is done with us, we will miss Buhari 😂

Emilokan no fit repair the refineries. Forget am

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by BoldBrainz(m): 8:54am On Aug 10, 2023
Any Nigerian sincerely waiting on the Port Harcourt refinery to begin crude processing by december, is a clown who just fancies being fooled.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by Onuoha1234(m): 8:55am On Aug 10, 2023
There is the story going that the so-called crude Swap is in Fact Crude supplied to Refin|rys owned abroad by Nigerians.That is why the Plants 'cannot be _fixed,It adds up!
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by BoldBrainz(m): 8:57am On Aug 10, 2023
wittywriter:

Selling isn't a good business strategy.

Wittyness

The refineries should be sold with the Federal Government retaining a 20percent stake in each of them. Private companies should be expressly allowed to fix and run them, with the NNPCL being a regulating body between the private investors and the Nigerian state.

Again, government has no business running business, but una no go hear!
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by FuckDModz: 8:59am On Aug 10, 2023
grin

Nigerians don't care.

As long as their brother is in power, competency is not important.

Nigerians love suffering shamelessly.

The politicians know this.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by Tohmey(m): 9:01am On Aug 10, 2023
FutureIsFemale:
Laugh wan kill me die. . . .
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by Ikaeniyan0: 9:02am On Aug 10, 2023
Bunkbars:
And you believed? Are you not tired of being brainwashed.

The said, date for Dangote nkor, Lagos railway, is still not functional. grin.

Dollar rate - 894.

"Let the poor breathe" was a mockery. But people never understood.

By next week, gas price would Inflate. This shege will banza very well grin. Agbado boys should relax, cassava,garri, ewa. Will be plenty.
Tinubu administration claim the PH refinery will start working in december and I believe his government.
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by Smartguru1: 9:05am On Aug 10, 2023
What is Home Automation?

Home automation is one of several areas of the IOT (internet of things), and is often called Home IOT.
Home automation or domotics is building automation for a home, called a smart home or smart house. It involves the control and automation of lighting etc –
There are three distinct levels of home automation.

Monitoring
Control
Automation
Monitoring

Monitoring
The ability to view status of systems i.e
What is the temperature?
Is the door locked?
Is The Light on or off

Control
The ability to change the state of a systems i.e
Turn up the heating.
Lock the Door
Turning the light on or off
Automation

The ability to change the state of a system automatically in response to an event. i.e.

Turn on the heating if the outside temperature falls below a certain temperature.
Turn the lights off when no one is a home.

Smart Home System Components

If you consider smart home automation consisting of three layers as shown in the schematic below with devices at the bottom end and networking devices in the middle and control applications at the top:

Click the link below to learn Smart Home Automation for free and become a professional expert
👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCiyeqedZuGrm60-CSExe9iA

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by Osifani: 9:12am On Aug 10, 2023
Ask him ohhhhh
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by clinician2x: 9:14am On Aug 10, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/
Brent oil:

In May, it was around $75 / barrel
June $78/barrel
July $80/barrel
August. $87.86/barrel ( current price)

Looking at the trend, it is predictable that the landing cost will increase. Fuel at N1000/ltr? You bet!

/

All of these coupled with the exchange rate, more than 1k is very feasible
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by BoldBrainz(m): 9:15am On Aug 10, 2023
So going by your narrative other oil producing countries that have functional refinery/refineries been run by their government are not doing it right because government has no business running business?
Even when electricity was privatized what happened ? The problem is the maladministrative peeps in our FG and all strata of leadership positions.

Wittyness[/quote]

Please, kindly mention three democratic countries with self-sufficient domestic petroleum supply that have their governments wholely owning and running refineries.
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by happney65: 9:21am On Aug 10, 2023
That propagandist party in 2015 promised heaven and earth. They said they will fix the fvcking refineries which I knew it was all a ruse

I'm happy no member of my family nor I voted for them cos we knew who the hell they were before now.
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by LegallyBlunt: 9:23am On Aug 10, 2023
Chinjo2:
The refineries are just conduit pipes for looting. Tell me one business the government is involved in that is thriving. I believe in what Atiku said he would do to the refineries. Sell them off and Nigeria will be saving a lot of money while making money from royalties.
the question is sell them to who? Himself? Cronies? Political friends? Have you forgotten what he did as VP?
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by frog12: 9:44am On Aug 10, 2023
now PUNCH is now staying to true honest and straightforward reporting after hunger don bite all of them !

allowing a monopoly like DANGOTE is dangerous. very dangerous!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by frog12: 9:46am On Aug 10, 2023
lies. they are buying time for dangote refinery to start by then. they have all been lying to everyone since 1999

Ikaeniyan0:
The Government said the pH refinery will start working in december.
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by frog12: 9:50am On Aug 10, 2023
grin grin grin

Timmi:

It’s now that your editorial board just wake up and realize the refineries are moribund and not working? This envelope collecting roadside journalist.
The refineries have not been working for years and that’s after spending trillions of Naira on the so-called turn around maintenance without producing a drop of refined products and after continuing spending money on staff monthly without working.

The government needs not spend any kobo on this refineries but rather sell them or privatize them or an hybrid of these two. The government should not be running any business, it will never work and it’s just for corruptible elements like this editorial board of the Punch newspaper trying to milk the country.
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by eldoradoxx: 10:33am On Aug 10, 2023
If you voted against Atiku and in favour of APC in 2019 because Atiku said that he will sell the refineries to private people to manage if elected and you are wondering why the refineries are not working, you are the big foool. The refineries will never work until it is owned as a private business by individuals who know that it if fails, their money is gone. There are no two ways about that. How do you allow government workers manage business for you? It can never work. Business men manage private businesses better. We did not have reliable telecom industry until it was handed over to private sector. NITEL which is the government owned business failed. Even their mobile network license that they got like MTn and other never worked. Why, exactly same issues that make refineries not to work. Civil servants are the disaster that have held this country under since. Give them anything to manage for government, they run it aground. So the only solution is to take away the refineries from NNPC limited and sell it to private sector people. NNPC business should end with managing Federal Government's strategic crude oil reserves and upstream operations. They can sell their crude oil to the new owners of the refineries who in turn refine and sell and.make profit. If the refineries are not made to work , they loose their business. Common sense.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by malcom1X: 10:43am On Aug 10, 2023
slimfit1:

Only a fool will buy it at the moment, the need for oil is dying so fast these days. Dangote must have realised that he was over ambitious building this current one.
The refineries are not going to be ready in December because building or repairing repairing it doesn't work like repairing a car. Tinubu is just waiting on Dangote then when Dangote refinery kicks they will change their speech, how its not necessary to repair the refineries because it is costly they'll do a deal with Dangote.

Bro renewable green is a scam. I hope you know that. It's just a dream that won't work, it's not sustainable.
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by frog12: 11:02am On Aug 10, 2023
tell us why it is not sustainable

malcom1X:

Bro renewable green is a scam. I hope you know that. It's just a dream that won't work, it's not sustainable.
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by Image123(m): 11:36am On Aug 10, 2023
Refinery?
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by Mrtaye: 11:44am On Aug 10, 2023
slimfit1:

The need for oil is still very massive and important,the issue is that you always want to compare every country with America and other developed countries
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by slimfit1(m): 11:50am On Aug 10, 2023
Mrtaye:

The need for oil is still very massive and important,the issue is that you always want to compare every country with America and other developed countries

How does my comment looks like anything American?
Re: Tinubu, What About The Refineries? by Bananapill: 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2023
slimfit1:

The need for oil is dying so you will do away with your oil? The west that doesn't have oil tells you no need for oil and you buy into it.
Have car manufacturers stopped producing fuel dependent cars and other machines that uses fuel and petroleum range of products?
Let's develop what we have and utilize it properly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Shettima Insists On Amnesty As Church Escapes Bombing In Jos / Akwa Ibom Road Maintenance Agency Recieves 100 New Construction Equipment. / Five Boko Haram Terrorists, Four Soldiers Killed In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.