Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? (10957 Views)

Why I Will No Longer Be Saving Money In Naira and what I will do instead / Man Breaks His Piggy Bank After Saving For 10 Months & Saw This (Pics) / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Saving Money At Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by Skillsnigeria: 12:40pm On Aug 10, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by IyaTola: 12:41pm On Aug 10, 2023
Yes there are miser women in Nigeria. One of my closest friend is big time miser.:

1. She switches off data usage on phone right after sending whatsapp text and will turn in on only when she has to initiate a talk again. She doesn't wait for your reply. She knows that the other person will get impatient and call her back.

2. If she makes a call, she wont disconnect as and when the conversation is over. She will check the call timing and disconnects only when the timer is at X minutes 55-59 seconds( call rates was at the rate of per minute)

3. She will break a soap bar into two halves to avoid using too much of it and finishing it soon

4. She will try to bargain even at malls where good's prices are fixed

5. She will sit on her knees for hours during the daytime if she is in her room during her menstruation in order to avoid using sanitary pads. She had seperate set of clothes meant for wearing during this time which would get stained with blood. She preferred washing them instead of using pads.

6. She had wavy hair and during some event she will straighten it with iron-box. She didn't buy a hair straightener nor she wanted to go to a salon to get it done.

7. Inspite of the hostel food being inedible somedays(due to terrible taste), she will never miss it. Once she found a fully grown dead cockroach in food, she removed it and continued eating.

So basically she is more miserly than you are. You don't like spending much money. She doesn't like spending ANY money!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by BoldBrainz(m): 12:41pm On Aug 10, 2023
Lasses and Gents of the Nairaland Community, a US dollar is now worth 950 Naira in the Abuja open market, as I write this.

So while you're all arguing on who saves the most money amongst both genders, be just as reasonable to save those monies in foreign currencies, for your own good.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by Georgejeez: 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2023
Men save more than women when he is still single .

But once he finds himself in a relationship or begins to double date , he finds it hard to save , so Women save better then .

So generally, Status matters .

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by mariahAngel(f): 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
Men, of course.
Most men would rather save than spend on their wants (or even needs).

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by mozona(m): 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2023
Women of cause cos they drain most men of their money well enough.

Me I have a wife I cannot even safe but my wife is doing ajo of #1000 everyday from where but from me. The day I got notice of it I was surprised.

Am happy for her but not happy for me.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by BoldBrainz(m): 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2023
IyaTola:
Yes there are miser women in Nigeria. One of my closest friend is big time miser.:

1. She switches off data usage on phone right after sending whatsapp text and will turn in on only when she has to initiate a talk again. She doesn't wait for your reply. She knows that the other person will get impatient and call her back.

2. If she makes a call, she wont disconnect as and when the conversation is over. She will check the call timing and disconnects only when the timer is at X minutes 55-59 seconds( call rates was at the rate of per minute)

3. She will break a soap bar into two halves to avoid using too much of it and finishing it soon

4. She will try to bargain even at malls where good's prices are fixed

5. She will sit on her knees for hours during the daytime if she is in her room during her menstruation in order to avoid using sanitary pads. She had seperate set of clothes meant for wearing during this time which would get stained with blood. She preferred washing them instead of using pads.

6. She had wavy hair and during some event she will straighten it with iron-box. She didn't buy a hair straightener nor she wanted to go to a salon to get it done.

7. Inspite of the hostel food being inedible somedays(due to terrible taste), she will never miss it. Once she found a fully grown dead cockroach in food, she removed it and continued eating.

So basically she is more miserly than you are. You don't like spending much money. She doesn't like spending ANY money!!

Did you describe an actual human here, or is this to be considered as some sort of joke?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by Sunshine34(m): 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
Very correct đź’Ż
Both can save. Depends on individual.

TemplarLandry:
It depends on the individual, not the gender.
Let's be guided.
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by IyaTola: 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Did you describe an actual human here, or is this to be considered as some sort of joke?
A human no jokes
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by joinnow: 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2023
IamKizzbrown10:
You won’t reach any of your financial goals
without saving money. Savings play a
crucial part in everyone’s lives.
We all can relate to the fact that it’s not easy to
save in this current economy but you reading
this article know you have a lot of thousands
chilling in your bank account.
There is a notion that says “Men spend more
on Friday and women deposit more on
Monday”. With this idea in mind;

It depends
On the persons that teach them about financial literacy.
Short story
If grand parents from your paternal side bad savers they would have teach your father bad saving habit.The grand parents from your maternal side would have teach your mother bad saving habit if they are too. Because your father and mother are bad savers too they will teach you bad saving too and the circle continue until mindset reprograming occurs.
Do you know why most people are poor.its because those that has been feeding our software aka mindset from kids are poor.I mean our parent. You cannot give what you don't have. They are poor and will pass all poor financial habit to you.Do you know that our primary school teacher too are part of the culprit because they too woul have teach our their poor financial habit.. same with secondary teacher and university lecturers too. Ok visualize how many of your primary school teacher are wealthy? How many of your secondary teach are wealthy how many of your university lecturers are wealthy possibly few. Many can not go for 6 month without salary without going into depression.

So back to your question it depends
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by BoldBrainz(m): 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2023
IyaTola:
A human no jokes

Even with a gun to my head, believing this, is going to be a huge ask.. grin!
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by Triangles1(m): 12:50pm On Aug 10, 2023
DevilishMan:

Women always have money not because they are good savers but because they have multiple streams of clitocurrency.

Women are lavish.

Laugh wan kee me, you really nail it and that's just the bitter truth.
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by razzydoo(m): 12:54pm On Aug 10, 2023
I think men, take for example Warren Buffett. One of the richest men on earth yet so frugal. Then maybe myself. Finding a balance is key though.
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by Menclothing: 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2023
Anyone depends on individual
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by Rubyjade: 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2023
What are some money saving tips?
1.Don’t use credit cards
- You buy the items, which you don’t want from the money you don’t own! I spent more than 100k from credit cards & paid hefty interests. It took almost 8 years for me to get rid of them!

2. Don’t smoke
- I spent almost 450,000 per year on cigarettes when I was smoking actively. I am spending this money on reading books and travel now.

3.Don’t drink
– I spent approximately 6,500,000 per year on drinks. Now I am investing same money in stocks.

4.Don’t take emotional decisions on money matter
a) When I built my house in my hometown , I wanted it to be the tallest building in our area. I did it ! But it was a wrong decision. I spent extra 10m foolishly on a liability.

b) Once I was travelling back to my hometown after attending a function. I was waiting for a bus along with my 1 year old son and wife. It was a small village and there was no major bus stop. We waited almost 30 to 45 mins . I told to my wife “First thing we have to do after going to villa is to buy a car !” . After 3 weeks , I was driving this

5. Walk 1 hour daily

6. Carry a water bottle from home when you go out

7. Don’t shop on empty stomach

8. Buy amazon prime membership

9. Start noting down all the expenses. Even as small as #1 naira

10. Ask for 10% discount when you goto any medical stores. They generally give.

11.Avoid Junk food

12. Don’t buy clothes unnecessarily

-I have 75 + shirts , 25 + T shirts & 15+ Jeans . But most of the time, I don’t use many of them.

13. Read books on money management

14. Avoid complete intake of sugar

15. Don’t buy costly phone

Copied!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by Styluss: 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2023
I am better than my wife, she is lavish. Spend money finish and be looking like nothing happend. I love that woman walahi

IamKizzbrown10:

Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by maasoap(m): 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2023
IamKizzbrown10:

Not a gender thing. But let's say men (husbands) have more financial responsibility more than women (wives) in marriages, men (fathers) are expected to be better at saving and investing.
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by Xturf: 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2023
Big Brother naija contestants had this debate like 3 weeks ago.
Ask yourself, anytime you think of saving, your first thought is to avoid ladies and relationships. That settles your question.
Women are multipliers while Men are savers
You save sperm, you give woman, it becomes baby
Men are created to be savers while women are made to bring increase
IamKizzbrown10:

Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by Rubyjade: 12:58pm On Aug 10, 2023
mozona:
Women of cause cos they drain most men of their money well enough.

Me I have a wife I cannot even safe but my wife is doing ajo of #1000 everyday from where but from me. The day I got notice of it I was surprised.

Am happy for her but not happy for me.
it time to start saving because, it will get to point you will regret you didn't save

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by Rubyjade: 12:59pm On Aug 10, 2023
Xturf:
Big Brother naija contestants had this debate like 3 weeks ago.
Ask yourself, anytime you think of saving, your first thought is to avoid ladies and relationships. That settles your question.
Women are multipliers while Men are savers
You save sperm, you give woman, it becomes baby
Men are created to be savers while women are made to bring increase
BS complete BS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by Rubyjade: 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2023
Georgejeez:
Men save more than women when he is still single .

But once he finds himself in a relationship or begins to double date , he finds it hard to save , so Women save better then .

So generally, Status matters .
You talking from experience.
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by Rubyjade: 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Lasses and Gents of the Nairaland Community, a US dollar is now worth 950 Naira in the Abuja open market, as I write this.

So while you're all arguing on who saves the most money amongst both genders, be just as reasonable to save those monies in foreign currencies, for your own good.
Yo! You smart.
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by BoldBrainz(m): 1:03pm On Aug 10, 2023
Rubyjade:
Yo! You smart.

You's far too kind smiley.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by Osariemen12: 1:07pm On Aug 10, 2023
Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.

doggedfighter:

Obierika grin

What's the name of the novel again ?
Memories grin

Good morning !
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by wisemanj(m): 1:07pm On Aug 10, 2023
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by DJBIGGY(m): 1:10pm On Aug 10, 2023
Men. It's just that men have more responsibilities and women get keep their money because men have a way of funding their needs. You see a husband buys food for the house, gives her allowance, she gets tfare from her husband daily if he doesn't have a car. If he has a car, he drops her fully or mid way. He buys her data, buys her clothes and aso ebi. He funds her wants and you expect her to really touch her money??.

That's why when a woman uses her money for herself, we no go hear word again. She will only spend on herself and her kids
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:13pm On Aug 10, 2023
It depends on d individual
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by shantti(m): 1:13pm On Aug 10, 2023
Kobicove:

If you can't save money when your income is small you will never be able to save when your income becomes large undecided

This is a blatant lie sir.
Some income isn't enough to provide your basic needs, so there is nothing left to save. Someone earning 15k can't save anything, such a person will definitely save more when he/she start earning 70k

1 Like

Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by Jashub: 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2023
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by Acidosis(m): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2023
descarado:

You know your people. It's inevitable. It will soon turn tribal

Exactly đź’Ż
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by EmmyMaestro(m): 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
Sometimes men, sometimes women
Re: Who Is Better At Saving Money- Men Or Women? by okoroemeka(m): 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
IamKizzbrown10:

no question,it is women,they are programmed to be looked after by men,so they find it weird to even spend their own money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Razes Shops In Surulere (Video) / A Good Man Returns Extra N35k Paid To Him By A POS Operator / British International Investment Opens In Nigeria With $1 Billion Pledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.