Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,645 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East (11125 Views)

The Potential And Power Of Trees In Nigeria / Economic Trees In South East: 5years From Now,you'll Wish You Had Planted A Tree / The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by FreeStuffsNG: 5:29pm On Aug 10, 2023
The Ohanaeze Ndigbo UK and Northern Ireland it has concluded plans to plant one million palm trees in the country as part of effort to assist businesses in the South-East.

Ohanaeze said this in a statement issued by its Media Consultant, Asa Blessing-Chijekwu, on Wednesday after the visit in London of Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo worldwide.

Blessing-Chijekwu quoted the Ohanaeze President in UK, Lady Aqueen Ibeto, as saying that the planting of the palm trees would be concentrated in the South-East states.

“We plan to plant one million palm trees in Nigeria and we are working with our members who have vast land in the South-East, to commence that project,” Ibeto was quoted as saying.

Ibeto also said that Ohanaeze Ndigbo UK had already secured a place in Enugu where they would build a skill acquisition centre.

She said that the skill acquisition centre would be replicated in other states in the South-East.

“We brought our care back home and secured the release of 20 inmates of the Maximum Security Prison in Enugu, and those inmates released are from different states of the South-East.

“We are extending the gesture of development back home to impact lives in our country and zone.

“I have also championed the course of women through my group, the Adaure Igbo Women Association which is one of the biggest women group in UK; It’s in Nigeria and now in the U.S.

“Ohanaeze has cultural and education department and has been working to ensure they impact on lives of members.

“We initiated Congress of Igbo leader to promote peaceful coexistence among our people and it was from this group that we created Igbo Festival of Art and Culture.

“But we decided to make Ohanaeze unique since it is the apex group of Igbo people around the world,” she said.

Ibeto also said plan had also been made to galvanise and use the wealthy sons and daughters of Igbo extraction to grow funds to assist Igbo men who need help in their businesses in UK.

She said that modalities for benefitting from the fund would be reviewed assessed during the celebration of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Day scheduled to hold in Coventry, UK, on Aug. 12.

The Ohanaeze president in UK also said that they were on the verge of acquiring a secretariat for the organisation in the UK.

“Dr Benard Obika, the Project Chairman, is seriously working on it and by the grace of God, it will be ready before the end of the year.

“And I commended Chief Anterus Ezeh, for taking up the sponsorship of the 2023 Igbo day,” she said.

She said that members of the association rallied among themselves to finance the acquisition of the secretariat.

Ibeto who commended Iwuanyanwu for his good leadership qualities also said that past leaders and elders of Ohanaeze Ndigbo in UK were consulted before they embarked on any project.

Iwuanyanwu while responding lauded Ibeto for her vision for Ohanaeze and urged her not to relent as they were solidly behind her leadership.

He assured her of completing her four-year tenure irrespective of the opposition she faced in the hands of few aggrieved members.

“Aqueen, I thank you for the good leadership you have provided for Ohanaeze in UK. I also commend you for all the effort you have made to maintain peace.

“If I have any message for Igbo people in UK, it is you, Aqueen Ibeto, that I will send it to,” Iwuanyanwu said.

He prayed for unity among all the Igbo people in the UK, Nigeria and other parts of the world.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/ohanaeze-ndigbo-to-plant-1m-palm-trees-in-s-east/

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by FreeStuffsNG: 5:29pm On Aug 10, 2023
Blessing-Chijekwu quoted the Ohanaeze President in UK, Lady Aqueen Ibeto, as saying that the planting of the palm trees would be concentrated in the South-East states.

Good news at last. More of this progressive ideas please, instead of supporting coupists in Niger and killers in Igboland.

The price of palm wine should equally drop over time and most of those idle youths will be productively engaged away from crime too. I wish them the best. This is better than the billions of Anambra state funds Mr Obi literally squandered in a foreign beer making company his family has interest. Check my signature for free stuffs!

okeysoninv:
You can never see ipob, kanu or ekpa championing this kind of thing . But if you mention gun , kill , bomb all those ekwensu will become active.
cheesy

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by TemplarLandry: 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2023
That's good. I love their foresight.

I dedicate “Zambololo” by Umu Obiligbo to them. Great jam!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by Georgry(m): 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2023
grin
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by Afamed: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2023
grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by accordadoga26(f): 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2023
Hehehe

Palmwine tappers..

Too much Pammie in their blood.

No wonder dem dey reason through their anus.

If dem no reason thru anus I see no reason why they would support ipob this minute then come back the next minute to beg Tinubu for appointment

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by EmperorCaesar(m): 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2023
Way to go, Ekpa men cheesy cheesy

But na the land be the issue...Be like dem go uproot those phantom billionaire mansions con dey plant palm trees for there cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by SmartPolician: 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2023
These are projects that Igbos who live in diaspora should be financing, not using their hard-earned money to fund the lifestyle of a violent nonentity who lives in Finland and causes unrest in the region in the name of secession.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by AllenSpencer: 5:36pm On Aug 10, 2023
It’s just a matter of time before erosion washes it down to Ogun State.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by raskymonojendor: 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2023
This is an excellent initiative. Good news can come from the SE once in a while.

This could actually help control the redmud erosion plaguing the south east, and help curb net migration of Ibos to other regions of Nigeria.

Their next project should be in uprooting Simon Ekpa's influence on their population.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by SmartPolician: 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2023
DevilishMan:
Jagabandits have no arable farmland.
Amotekun has allocated all their land to grow cannabis.

Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44 Nlfpmod

Some of these monikers who don't make useful contributions on this platform should be banned forever. For God's sake, we come on this forum to learn from a sensible few, not read pieces of trash! 😡😡😡😡

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by EmperorCaesar(m): 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2023
DevilishMan:

This Akachukwu must be living in the SE to have said this

Shey na una 10Ksq land across all region una wan plant those unreal palm trees

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by okeysoninv: 5:46pm On Aug 10, 2023
You can never see ipob, kanu or ekpa championing this kind of thing . But if you mention gun , kill , bomb all those ekwensu will become active.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by bro4u: 5:51pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ok
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by Typing: 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2023
And so what?
That wont stop Biafran Prime Minister, Simon Ekpa from giving them wotowoto grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2023
Nice idea.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by omoredia: 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2023
Very commendable
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by MEEVEET: 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2023
Nice but a billion would be better
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by masterfactor(m): 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2023
I hope this will make Banga soup with rice cheap ooo, na the only food I don dey eat since I enter South East

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by Nice2023(m): 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2023
It can only be this tribe....always helping their brothers.

In recent past,we have seen how they individually gave a face-lift to govt college umuahia and another notable school called Santacrus in Umuahia Olokoro.

In fact,igbos are indeed their brothers keeper.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by Kenmatt(m): 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2023
DevilishMan:

Devilish Man!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by Femisol(m): 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2023
Finally!!!!
let’s get our birthright back from Malaysia
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by Hezmatosky: 5:54pm On Aug 10, 2023
South east lazy farmers angry no carry una madness enter Asaba sha sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by AuschwitzPrefec: 5:54pm On Aug 10, 2023
Every time they will convene in another man's land and be making big imaginary plans for their abandoned yeast.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by nony43(m): 5:54pm On Aug 10, 2023
H
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by Wisereborn: 5:55pm On Aug 10, 2023
This needs announcement

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo To Plant 1 Million Palm Trees In South-East by Hedonisco: 5:55pm On Aug 10, 2023
Well, let them be useful for once.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Get Ready To Attend YABDI Lagos Special Agribusiness Innovation Program / Palm Kernel Oil Needed. / Free 1 Month Agribusiness Training For Youths & Young Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.