Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,192 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions (21425 Views)

Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / Japan Criticize Russian Withdrawal From WW2 Peace Treaty Talks Over Sanctions / Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by BoldBrainz(m): 7:35am On Aug 11, 2023
ThierryJay:

Thanks. I do hope justice was indeed served cos that was gruesome for the victims. Also shows that work will always go on whether you kill yourself or not.

Quite right, you are.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by BoldBrainz(m): 7:37am On Aug 11, 2023
adebayo987:
It seems there's some kind of confusion. Okay, let's fix that.

The Chinese Government is run by a civilian and not the military as in coups.

The president of China is elected by the National People's Congress (NPC), constitutionally China's highest state body, which also has the power to remove the president and other state officers from office. Elections and removals are decided by majority vote .

China is not a liberal democracy. The Chinese government and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) state that China is democratic nonetheless . Many foreign (including you) and some domestic observers categorize China as an authoritarian one-party state , with some (including your lecturers/teachers) saying it has shifted to neoauthoritarianism .

Semantics, bro.

In the general sense of societal agreeability of the basics and tenets that constitute a modern democracy, China does not meet the criteria, and is therefore, not considered a democracy.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Pipefitter: 7:38am On Aug 11, 2023
tolue42:

Hypocrite is when you attack Tinubu for planning war in Niger but when it comes to economic sanctions it becomes ECOWAS decision.

Quote me where I attacked Tinubu for the war or remain silent
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by dreamxhaser: 7:40am On Aug 11, 2023
Pipefitter:

The sanctions were imposed by ECOWAS not Nigeria. President Tinubu happens to be president of ECOWAS...

When it's war, you insult timubu and you claim it's Nigeria that wants to go to war, even stating things like "What is the difference between ECOWAS and Nigeria? Nigeria is Ecowas"

but now that it's sanction, na Ecowas no be Nija again?

1 Like

Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by adebayo987: 7:44am On Aug 11, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Semantics, bro.

In the general sense of societal agreeability of the basics and tenets that constitute a modern democracy, China does not meet the criteria, and is therefore, not considered a democracy.
Yes, by a foreigner like you.

Here in our democracy, we believe by constitution that our NASS represents all of us.

Their president is elected by the National People's Congress (NPC) , constitutionally China's highest state body, which also has the power to remove the president and other state officers from office. Elections and removals are decided by majority vote.

NPC is believed by Chinese Constitution to represent all sections of China as all these people are represented in their NPC.

So how they choose to run their own democracy of which if looked at critically is correct, is up to them and not you being a foreigner. Got it?

Good!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by dreamxhaser: 7:45am On Aug 11, 2023
Pogba12:
In The Gambia, Nigeria is next to USA in terms of might.

Bro a Cameroonian in was it Reddit or Qoura (can't remember) told us that people in his country see naija like wan developed country.

Na only kenya, Ghana and SA wey don see us finish bcux of watin our igbo brothers dey go do for their country
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Eriokanmi: 7:47am On Aug 11, 2023
theophorus:
Why you go dey waste your time and fund to build wetin fit blow up in seconds?

Abeg until some Peace and Sanity returns to Niger, there is no point investing any money there ooo.
Who would blow it up...terrorists? Niger is one of the safest countries to live in Africa.

Or is it war that will blow it up? Niger is a sovereign state, just like Nigeria. If the ecowas wahala is much, they may leave the union amd stay alone. People should stop treating this country like its a Nigerian territory
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by SenatePresdo(m): 7:50am On Aug 11, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Exactly!

Once those guys support anything, that thing is doomed!

Trump was said he regretted that he got support from South-East Nigeria. Even GEJ made mention of it after election defeat.

Atiku wrote in his biography that, the root cause of his political woes was getting support from the South-East.

And the Economic and hardship woes of Nigeria is that they get support from SW.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Goodman2023: 7:50am On Aug 11, 2023
Praxis758:
I never knew Nigeria is this diplomatically powerful to met a biting economic sanctions on any country within the subregion.

I’m proud of Nigeria for this.

Stop playing...go and read history...till date, Nigeria has been a father Christmas to all west African countries... especially our closet neighbors...Niger will suffocate if you close the northern Nigeria border alone..I mean real closing of border...not that buhari audio closing
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by BoldBrainz(m): 7:52am On Aug 11, 2023
adebayo987:
Yes, by a foreigner like you.

Here in our democracy, we believe by constitution that our NASS represents all of us.

Their president is elected by the National People's Congress (NPC) , constitutionally China's highest state body, which also has the power to remove the president and other state officers from office. Elections and removals are decided by majority vote.

NPC is believed by Chinese Constitution to represent all sections of China as all these people are represented in their NPC.

So how they choose to run their own democracy of which if looked at critically is correct, is up to them and not you being a foreigner. Got it?

Good!

Got it!

Howbeit, China is still not categorised as a model for 21st century democracy. However you choose to coin the narrative, the reality is undeniable and unmistakable.

This is not however, meant to wholely demonise or discredit whatever they consider to be their version of democracy, that is currently in practice. Nay! This is only meant to clear the air as regards the lucid serenity of appropriate information.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by BoldBrainz(m): 7:54am On Aug 11, 2023
dreamxhaser:

Bro a Cameroonian in was it Reddit or Qoura (can't remember) told us that people in his country see naija like wan developed country.

Na only kenya, Ghana and SA wey don see us finish bcux of watin our igbo brothers dey go do for their country

We are actually considered as a "big brother" by a sizeable measure of the Cameroonian citizenry. That part, is not hearsay.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by PortHarcourtcit(m): 7:55am On Aug 11, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
Damn!

The drug lord cannot and won't go to any war with Niger because he lacks balls just like the average Yoluba man.

"Whenever I see the Yorubas beating drums of war, I'll just go to sleep" - IBB
talk another thing, this one don expire... Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by DavidTech23(m): 8:02am On Aug 11, 2023
adebayo987:
I said again, no democratic nation will support a coup country, otherwise to they will experience one. China is not stupid.
They can't continue the project because they can no longer be paid, due to world bank and ECOWAS sanctions. It's just too difficult.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Pipefitter: 8:03am On Aug 11, 2023
dreamxhaser:

When it's war, you insult timubu and you claim it's Nigeria that wants to go to war, even stating things like "What is the difference between ECOWAS and Nigeria? Nigeria is Ecowas"

but now that it's sanction, na Ecowas no be Nija again?

Do you have any prove o ever said something like that or you are just blinded by your folly?
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by opera1(m): 8:03am On Aug 11, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

Wake up from your slumber Dude.

Niger is currently one step ahead of Nigeria

Welcome from Niger. Please do well to go back.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by adebayo987: 8:04am On Aug 11, 2023
DavidTech23:

They can't continue the project because they can no longer be paid, due to world bank and ECOWAS sanctions. It's just too difficult.
Lol! Were they paid per hour? Guy, come. You need an excuse to do the right thing o.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by SOFTSKILL: 8:05am On Aug 11, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
Damn!

The drug lord cannot and won't go to any war with Niger because he lacks balls just like the average Yoluba man.

"Whenever I see the Yorubas beating drums of war, I'll just go to sleep" - IBB

Yet Ojukwu couldn't wait for Obasanjo at Anambra before he ran to ivory Coast like a coward typical of the Osus. Your elders know better. Dey quote tales by moonlight lies of the Osu elders with IBB label
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Peppysco: 8:06am On Aug 11, 2023
This is probably the first time Nigeria as a country will wake up and realize the superior power she weilds as one of the 3 top economies in Africa. You're not just a lion,only to run far away from an antelope, you have to exert your force, influence and superiority in order to be respected. As bitting as the subsidy removal has been on the economy and Nigerians at large, we all have seen how many neighbouring countries have also been crying more than the bereaved. Goes to show that the Nigerian economy is one of the most strategic economies in Africa. Na now we just dey wake up.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Realist777: 8:09am On Aug 11, 2023
adebayo987:
I said again, no democratic nation will support a coup country, otherwise to they will experience one. China is not stupid.
And China is not practicing democracy but a military coup is not something any governments would want to support.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by adebayo987: 8:12am On Aug 11, 2023
Realist777:

And China is not practicing democracy but a military coup is not something any governments would want to support.

Who said China is not democratic? China is democratic. Na foreigners want am to dey like their own. In China, their president is elected by majority vote by the NPC who by constitution represents all sections of China just as by constitution NASS represents all sections of Nigeria. This is why China's election is not experiencing violence. The US and other nations that practice your own version of democracy almost always have some kind of crisis during elections. The previous one that removed Trump and installed Biden is a testament.

The Chinese Government is run by a civilian and not the military as in coups.

The president of China is elected by the National People's Congress (NPC), constitutionally China's highest state body, which also has the power to remove the president and other state officers from office. Elections and removals are decided by majority vote.

China is not a liberal democracy. The Chinese government and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) state that China is democratic nonetheless. Many foreign and some domestic observers categorize China as an authoritarian one-party state, with some saying it has shifted to neoauthoritarianism.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Starprince009: 8:12am On Aug 11, 2023
You need two things
1)_Good sleep to reset your very weak brain
2) Relocate to your safe haven
GO0DHardDick:

Are you normal?

Oga is your country progressing? How much is fuel sold in your area now? Do you have 24hr power supply? How's Nigeria economy compare to those countries?

Dude, those countries are by far better than Nigeria. So what rubbish are you celebrating?
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by MotiveU(f): 8:12am On Aug 11, 2023
Praxis758:
I never knew Nigeria is this diplomatically powerful to met a biting economic sanctions on any country within the subregion.

Nah our useless leaders dey draw us back.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Ezmans: 8:23am On Aug 11, 2023
Praxis758:

but my question is since two years now there are military junta's in Burkina Faso, Mali and guinea why did the whole world keep quiet over them but only focus on niger republic
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Deeneji84: 8:34am On Aug 11, 2023
Watcharena:
is not about NIgeria it's about France and the western world , NIgeria it's self is been used ,why was there mo sanction on Ukraine after their coup
you never believed in your county's ability to decide what happened in ECOWAS region and even the African continent. So is impossible for you to prosper in the land.
Even the Bilbe tells us to prayer for the peace of Jerusalem(Nigeria) that it may prosper.
Some of you needs to cross the border of this country ( for legitimate purposes)to see how we are been respected.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Deeneji84: 8:36am On Aug 11, 2023
Watcharena:
is not about NIgeria it's about France and the western world , NIgeria it's self is been used ,why was there mo sanction on Ukraine after their coup
you never believed in your county's ability to decide what happened in ECOWAS region and even the African continent. So is impossible for you to prosper in the land.
Even the Bible tells us to prayer for the peace of Jerusalem(Nigeria) that it may prosper.
Some of you needs to cross the border of this country ( for legitimate purposes)to see how we are been respected.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by braine(m): 8:39am On Aug 11, 2023
Praxis758:

When they say we are the giant of Africa, its not a joke.

If Nigeria works, we will rub shoulders with the likes of UK, no jokes.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by niyi9: 8:54am On Aug 11, 2023
Business owners you can now manage, get insights and intelligence into your business performance through Aster.

Aster has lots of features such as client management, invoices, expenses, rich reports, and dashboards that can be enjoyed for free.

You can check it out and register here: https://app.aster-bi.com/register

FreeStuffsNG:
Chinese Company Suspends Construction Of Niger Republic Kandadji Dam Project Over Economic Sanctions
August 10, 2023

https://saharareporters.com/2023/08/10/chinese-company-suspends-construction-niger-republic-kandadji-dam-project-over-economic

Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Judolisco(m): 9:06am On Aug 11, 2023
Praxis758:

Nigeria's gdp alone accounts for 75% of the whole west Africa... Wetin u dey talk.... When buhari closed d border on rice didn't u see as neighbouring presidents came in begging
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by alizma: 9:12am On Aug 11, 2023
Praxis758:

Your country is not number 6 most populated countries of the world for nothing.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by THeUNIFIER: 9:27am On Aug 11, 2023
AllenSpencer:

Exactly!

Trump was said he regretted that he got support from South-East Nigeria. Even GEJ made mention of it after election defeat.

Atiku wrote in his biography that, the root cause of his political woes was getting support from the South-East.

Ok. You guys that have supposedly been winning for making the right decisions how far?
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by VULCAN(m): 9:28am On Aug 11, 2023
This foolish liar.

Show us the link where Trump spoke such.

AllenSpencer:

Exactly!

Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Mrfixiit: 9:43am On Aug 11, 2023
Burob:
Nigeria the night of West Africa, when I lived in The United States, was when I realized the might of Nigeria.

Na people way never travel that are obvious to the might of Nigeria.

Even on few times I visited Johannesburg, na maximum respect they have for Nigeria in South Africa.
Write in your dialect bruv

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Dead In Israel Strike On Syria Targeting 'iran-aligned Leaders' (photos) / Police Arrest Prophet Patrick Mugadza Who Prophesied Mugabe's Death In 2017 / Russia Fines Google $366 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.