Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions (21419 Views)

Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / Japan Criticize Russian Withdrawal From WW2 Peace Treaty Talks Over Sanctions / Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Alliswell248: 9:58am On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Pride of the coupists goeth before their disgrace. Now they have lule pii.

Obidients, aka Emergency lovers of Nigeria, they have been calling Zoo for years should go and continue the work.

Noise Makers

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Raf4: 10:06am On Aug 11, 2023
Biafrans said that their new found gods, Russia, would carry Niger on their head
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by care4you: 10:08am On Aug 11, 2023
Praxis758:
I never knew Nigeria is this diplomatically powerful to met a biting economic sanctions on any country within the subregion.

I’m proud of Nigeria for this.

Nigeria is very POWERFUL!

Na only corruption dey worry us.

God bless Nigeria!

Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Originalsly: 10:16am On Aug 11, 2023
Burob:

Nigeria the night of West Africa, when I lived in The United States, was when I realized the might of Nigeria.

Na people way never travel that are obvious to the might of Nigeria.

Even on few times I visited Johannesburg, na maximum respect they have for Nigeria in South Africa.

Hmmm ... what made you realize the might of Nigeria while in the US? And what makes you sure it was respect because you are Nigerian? ... couldn't it be something else? Did you ever try saying you're Ghanaian to see if you'll get the same respect? Just curious on how you came to these conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by lekan62: 10:48am On Aug 11, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Chinese Company Suspends Construction Of Niger Republic Kandadji Dam Project Over Economic Sanctions
August 10, 2023

https://saharareporters.com/2023/08/10/chinese-company-suspends-construction-niger-republic-kandadji-dam-project-over-economic

So they are constructing another dam on Nigeria river going against our treaty
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by tarboshi(m): 11:15am On Aug 11, 2023
You honorable minister does not believe in your 'great Nigeria'

1 Like

Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by joyandfaith: 11:19am On Aug 11, 2023
Watcharena:
is not about NIgeria it's about France and the western world , NIgeria it's self is been used ,why was there mo sanction on Ukraine after their coup
There was no coup in Ukraine. A revolution removed an elected government and another civilian government took over. Afghanistan was also like a revolution.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by DeOTR: 11:35am On Aug 11, 2023
Watcharena:
is not about NIgeria it's about France and the western world , NIgeria it's self is been used ,why was there mo sanction on Ukraine after their coup
It's all about Nigeria just in case you don't know.
Nigerian government was instrumental to removing the former President before the Bazoum guy when he attempted to go for 3rd term.
It's enemies of states like you that play down the strength of the nation.
We have leadership challenges, yes, but we've not descended to the low level of not been able to deal with a country like Niger.
I bet you don't have an idea of how much we spend on this same Niger every year.
Very annoying set of non entities. Spits*
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by mastermaestro(m): 11:39am On Aug 11, 2023
adebayo987:
I said again, no democratic nation will support a coup country, otherwise to they will experience one. China is not stupid.

When did China become a democratic nation? Get a better political education. cheesy
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Kaido: 11:52am On Aug 11, 2023
dreamxhaser:

Bro a Cameroonian in was it Reddit or Qoura (can't remember) told us that people in his country see naija like wan developed country.

Na only kenya, Ghana and SA wey don see us finish bcux of watin our igbo brothers dey go do for their country
I have a Kenyan friend wey dey see Nigeria like UK. She sabi Nigerian movies, music, actors and actresses pass me sef.

If I wan rate Nigeria na 3.5/10, but her rating go be 9/10. grin

Naija na blessed country cursed with many evil leaders
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by NSNO(m): 12:03pm On Aug 11, 2023
Svoboda:

Does democracy bring development and prosperity?
Niger has been thru this road before, and what has been in it for the poor nigeriens? France has been scavenging that country without mercy. Who do you now blame? Most times, western tailored democracy is total crap in crap in africa.
Democracy does bring development and prosperity when done right.
Why will you be blaming France for something the leaders themselves did?
And by the way what exactly did France do?

You will not blame the west for Africa's numerous problems. We are not animals we should be able to take care of ourselves.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by fxexperts: 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2023
Watcharena:
Some people truly don't have sense, when did Ukraine plan coup. abi my eyes dey pain me.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by adebayo987: 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2023
mastermaestro:

When did China become a democratic nation? Get a better political education. cheesy
Common Google search will help fill up your out of date brain with the correct information.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Svoboda(m): 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2023
NSNO:

You will not blame the west for Africa's numerous problems. We are not animals we should be able to take care of ourselves.

Pls, mention one country on the african continent that has prospered and developed under cyclical general, multiparty elections.

Even south africa, that has the most rubost western styled cyclical electoral democracy, has seen the fortunes of black south africans dwindle right from 1994

Secondly, it is for the same reasons of africans taking hold of their destinies that the coup occured in the first instance, so that, rather than blame france for nigers poverty and underdevelopment, nigeriens can now lay the blame squarely on the shoulders of their leadership.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by mastermaestro(m): 12:47pm On Aug 11, 2023
adebayo987:
Common Google search will help fill up your out of date brain with the correct information.

I see someone has been stuffing his brain with Google junks. China, a democracy? You need plenty of catching up to do. cheesy

Soon you will call Saudi Arabia a democracy simply because its leaders are not wearing khaki. Please don't push me to classify you. grin
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by NemoDatQuod(m): 12:54pm On Aug 11, 2023
You are a joke. China, affected by sanctions imposed by ECOWAS? What sanctions? You have to be able to feed yourself first before you can sanction anyone. ECOWAS that is relying on Asari Dokubo and his four militia men? ECOWAS that cannot even drink clean water, let alone feed itself and be independent?

Leave that matter and stop telling apparent lies. China will continue to do its business in Africa a it likes. Apart from South Africa and Egypt, tell me which other country in Africa with a functional military.

What sanctions? Does the Chinese company need "state of the art" technology manufactured in ECOWAS(hahahahaha!) in order to do its work? Or intellectual property from ECOWAS(LoL. OP, you are so unintelligent)? Do they even need people from ECOWAS? Don't you know that they bring along their own workers including labourers.

How much were you paid to tell this barefaced lie and mortgage your future and that of your children and grand children.

You're just full of it.

FreeStuffsNG:
Chinese Company Suspends Construction Of Niger Republic Kandadji Dam Project Over Economic Sanctions
August 10, 2023

https://saharareporters.com/2023/08/10/chinese-company-suspends-construction-niger-republic-kandadji-dam-project-over-economic

Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by one111o: 1:05pm On Aug 11, 2023
MS247:

Am having a jolly good morning, no time for bitter rants...

Have a nice day, can't continue any toxic engagement

is that why you raped your nephew and mother
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by one111oo: 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2023
MS247:

Yeah right.. your truth and opinion
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by one111oo: 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2023
MS247:

Ahh.. I tire oo grin
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by lexy2014: 1:28pm On Aug 11, 2023
Praxis758:
I never knew Nigeria is this diplomatically powerful to met a biting economic sanctions on any country within the subregion.

I’m proud of Nigeria for this.

How is Nigeria diplomatically powerful?

Is it Nigeria that is funding the dam?

Even if you think Nigeria is diplomatically powerful, how has that made nigeria a better place?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by lexy2014: 1:30pm On Aug 11, 2023
NSNO:

Where is democracy being done right in Africa?
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by winterbell: 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2023
LG tv 65 inch
For sale
Location Rivers State
300k slightly negotiable
Condition Neat six month old
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by ubox: 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2023
tarboshi:
You honorable minister does not believe in your 'great Nigeria'
This guy better performs
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Praxis758: 12:10am On Aug 12, 2023
lexy2014:

Even if you think Nigeria is diplomatically powerful, how has that made nigeria a better place?

If Nigeria is not diplomatically powerful and power-block within ECOWAS, how and why did the Chinese contractors shut down their operations?

Let’s celebrate our might.
Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by lexy2014: 12:13am On Aug 12, 2023
Praxis758:

If Nigeria is not diplomatically powerful and power-block within ECOWAS, how and why did the Chinese contractors shut down their operations?

Let’s celebrate our might.

thats not what I asked you.

Re: Chinese Company Stops Construction Of Niger's Kandadji Dam Over Sanctions by Perfectbeing(m): 2:50am On Aug 12, 2023
Watcharena:
So China is now pro West? 🤣

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Dead In Israel Strike On Syria Targeting 'iran-aligned Leaders' (photos) / Police Arrest Prophet Patrick Mugadza Who Prophesied Mugabe's Death In 2017 / Russia Fines Google $366 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.