Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi (10640 Views)

Data Disproves Commissioner’s Claim That Lagos Is Africa’s 7th Largest Economy / Restructuring: Effective Leaders Listen, Sam Adeyemi Replies Presidency / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Meeting with Women Leaders and Trainers in Ahmedabad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by biina: 8:49am On Aug 11, 2023
ambale:

Sam is not just a motivational speaker oo, i have been under his teachings, man's got a very good view of life in him

And he's not even meddling with his speech, only trying to proffer solutions to what he thinks is a problem
But is he not part of the problem?

https://sundiatapost.com/see-the-nigerian-couple-accused-of-running-away-with-n22-billion-investors-money-photo/

I have some serious doubts about the effect of his teachings undecided
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by JASONjnr(m): 8:50am On Aug 11, 2023
NOwazobia:
Commenting on national issues is meddling into politics? 🤦🏽‍♂️

Let me define politics to you...... Seems you have forgotten the meaning...

Politics means the activities of the government or people who try to influence the way a country is governed...

Either way, he's meddling into politics by talking about the gaps between the poor and the rich....
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by Acidosis(m): 8:57am On Aug 11, 2023
“We are dealing with a deeply rooted leadership culture that makes the leader very powerful and the led practically a slave, across almost all sectors."

Cook, sir.
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by lexy2014: 9:17am On Aug 11, 2023
IconicR:
Nigerians are highly sentimental people, if it ain't their region in power then there's a problem and they will never cooperate with such person. The masses are the problems of Africa as a whole and until we have one voice in TRUTH devoid of any form of sentiments we will continue rotating in same cycle. One Voice Means Revolution.

What have all this got to do with what Sam Adeyemi said?
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by georgeakins: 9:18am On Aug 11, 2023
biina:

I am not Ibo, but I still saw Obi as a more viable choice than the disaster that is Tinubu

Even the decayed corpse of Abacha is several googols times better than Tinubu

I didn't ask if you're Ibo.
Those bitter and hateful rats online and offline are Ibos, but will still be ashamed by hiding their identities
I have gone round Nigeria, the bitter and hateful people I meet daily are all ibos. That is why nobody lives among them.

Your opinion about Jagaban is irrelevant.
He will be there for 4 years.
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by lexy2014: 9:20am On Aug 11, 2023
JASONjnr:

Politics means the activities of the government or people who try to influence the way a country is governed...

Either way, he's meddling into politics by talking about the gaps between the poor and the rich....

What's wrong if he talks about the gaps between the rich and the poor?
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by lexy2014: 9:23am On Aug 11, 2023
biina:
Gap is not the problem. The problem is the lack of accountability.

Nigerians, and Africans in general, never hold our leaders accountable to he people, more so when the leader is from the same tribe/region. undecided

The essence of control systems is the use of negative feeback to correct errors due to wrong output. In the absence of feedback, the system is free to produce whatever nonsense it wants

How will there be accountably if there is gap?
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by georgeakins: 9:26am On Aug 11, 2023
Angelfrost:

Please, don't ever confuse Sam Adeyemi with the leaders you support and fight for...! Just don't.

It will make you look more obtuse than you already project.

I don't even attend the man's church, but I have gotten successful by applying the principles he teaches his church members...

His church members are very successful and wealthy... Talk another thing! grin

Stop this trash!
You're the one that look obtuse here.

Why was Adeyemi not successful before he started his church business? He was a pauper before he started the religious business.

He should have applied those theories he teaches to make himself successful.

Today, he survives on handouts from his followers and he is far richer than an average person there. Can you imagine a man without job living off his followers.
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by Angelfrost(m): 9:27am On Aug 11, 2023
georgeakins:

Stop this trash!
You're the one that look obtuse here.

Why was Adeyemi not successful before he started his church business? He was a pauper before he started the religious business.

He should have applied those theories he teaches to make himself successful.

Today, he survives on handouts from his followers and he is far richer than an average person there. Can you imagine a man without job living off his followers.

Ignorance is blissful...! Keep it up.
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by Ewedegubbler: 9:43am On Aug 11, 2023
Yarimo and his 50 million agbado miscreants should be ready to head to Niger and fight this Tinubu war please
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by NOwazobia: 9:53am On Aug 11, 2023
JASONjnr:

Now, tell us how he would have commented in regards to national issues, as he is also a part of the nation, in order not to mendle into politics?
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by Reference(m): 9:59am On Aug 11, 2023
Angelfrost:

I despise such simplistic and shabby reasoning of laying all or most blames on the led rather than the leaders... It makes no sense.

Is it that you don't know the meaning of LEADERSHIP?! Do you not know or understand the power of influence wielded by a leader?!!

This is why I insist that Leadership should be a subject from primary school down to tertiary education.

The masses can't and won't rule themselves... They can't and won't unite by themselves... They are sheep... Sheep without kind and brilliant shepherds will go astray, no matter what they do.

This is why a nation that can't unite to elect good leaders will never thrive...

Nigeria didn't retrogress this badly because the citizens failed to cooperate with their leaders (I honestly don't know what that even means)... This nation has retrogressed because elected leaders have been selfish, wicked, corrupt, and clueless.

Simple!!!

But where do these leaders come from. Are they not a chip off the block of nationals? Are they not rooted in the the soil of the citizenry where they uptake the nutrients to thrive according to their nature.

Is there any ruler that has not had popular support throughout history no matter what the outcome came to be.

In a democracy no one can become leader without massive support. The people who offer this are therefore culpable for whatever the outcome is at any point in time.

In detail. People supported the way the economy was badly run under the former government. They supported the borrowings for non productive uses. They supported the retention of subsidies then and the removal now. Everything happening today had broad support. That is the only way it is possible.

All leadership does is to aggregate the thoughts and wills of the people and that is what prevails everywhere in the world.

The coupists in Niger know this and only struck when they had gauged enough popular discontent to act. That is why the critical mass of Nigeriens are not on the streets in outrage.

Like their Nigerian counterparts and most of Africa they have not through a lack of knowledge, been able to forge a prosperous society. For the task of building society is not the exclusive responsibility of leadership. And wherever knowledge is lacking to do that emotions always prevail.

The only way out is restructuring. The people must deliberately sit down amongst themselves to decide the BASIC values of their corporate existence and then forge a corporate vision. Only then will get be able to FIND the type of leader(s) that can deliver their criteria.

Democracy is a demand driven, pushing venture not leadership pulling one. Leadership is neither the chicken nor the egg.
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by JASONjnr(m): 10:05am On Aug 11, 2023
NOwazobia:
Now, tell us how he would have commented in regards to national issues, as he is also a part of the nation, in order not to mendle into politics?

The moment a person gets involved in national issues, that's meddling into politics.

It's either you stay mute or you admit that you meddle in politics.

So telling me that he doesn't meddle in politics is false.
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by JASONjnr(m): 10:12am On Aug 11, 2023
lexy2014:

Read up....

I said he had the opportunity to say all of this before the elections but he chose to wail now.

And someone said he doesn't meddle into politics and I had to explain to him that he was actually meddling into politics.
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by Angelfrost(m): 10:27am On Aug 11, 2023
Reference:

But where do these leaders come from. Are they not a chip off the block of nationals? Are they not rooted in the the soil of the citizenry where they uptake the nutrients to thrive according to their nature.

Is there any ruler that has not had popular support throughout history no matter what the outcome came to be.

In a democracy no one can become leader without massive support. The people who offer this are therefore culpable for whatever the outcome is at any point in time.

In detail. People supported the way the economy was badly run under the former government. They supported the borrowings for non productive uses. They supported the retention of subsidies then and the removal now. Everything happening today had broad support. That is the only way it is possible.

All leadership does is to aggregate the thoughts and wills of the people and that is what prevails everywhere in the world.

The coupists in Niger know this and only struck when they had gauged enough popular discontent to act. That is why the critical mass of Nigeriens are not on the streets in outrage.

Like their Nigerian counterparts and most of Africa they have not through a lack of knowledge, been able to forge a prosperous society. For the task of building society is not the exclusive responsibility of leadership. And wherever knowledge is lacking to do that emotions always prevail.

The only way out is restructuring. The people must deliberately sit down amongst themselves to decide the BASIC values of their corporate existence and then forge a corporate vision. Only then will get be able to FIND the type of leader(s) that can deliver their criteria.

Democracy is a demand driven, pushing venture not leadership pulling one. Leadership is neither the chicken nor the egg.

My dear friend, I don't disagree with you at all...

But, how will the people unite, decide, and forge a path if there is no leadership?!!

Nigerians aren't the worst citizens in the world... And great leaders exist amongst our people.

Sadly, how can they emerge in a democracy where leadership is determined by immense popularity amongst whom are decadent lowlifes?!!

This means there might be no hope in sight for this nation, except a righteous and moral Military take over.

You see, this democracy is not working... The system of determining flagbearers from the major and ruling parties is founded on corruption, religion, ethnicity and personal interests rather than patriotism and national growth.

This means progress will remain a mirage in this deplorable farce we call a democracy.

This is why I always ask young men like me to read the old classic novels like:

Animal Farm by George Orwell
Man of the People by Chinua Achebe
Mine Boy by Peter Abraham
The Man Died by Wole Soyinka
The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born by Ayi Kwei Armah
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by lexy2014: 10:32am On Aug 11, 2023
JASONjnr:

Read up....

I said he had the opportunity to say all of this before the elections but he chose to wail now.

And someone said he doesn't meddle into politics and I had to explain to him that he was actually meddling into politics.

How does that answer the question I asked? This is your post

JASONjnr:

Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by Reference(m): 10:43am On Aug 11, 2023
Angelfrost:

My dear friend, I don't disagree with you at all...

But, how will the people unite, decide, and forge a path if there is no leadership?!!

Nigerians aren't the worst citizens in the world... And great leaders exist amongst our people.

Sadly, how can they emerge in a democracy where leadership is determined by immense popularity amongst whom are decadent lowlifes?!!

This means there might be no hope in sight for this nation, except a righteous and moral Military take over.

You see, this democracy is not working... The system of determining flagbearers from the major and ruling parties is founded on corruption, religion, ethnicity and personal interests rather than patriotism and national growth.

This means progress will remain a mirage in this deplorable farce we call a democracy.

This is why I always ask young men like me to read the old classic novels like:

Animal Farm by George Orwell
Man of the People by Chinua Achebe
Mine Boy by Peter Abraham
The Man Died by Wole Soyinka
The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born by Ayi Kwei Armah

How did the people of France decide they wanted a Republic and ditched the monarchy of King Louis. Whereas the people of Britain decided to keep their monarchy but not as Sovereign.

Two countries, different people, different outcomes. It is the people's will that ALWAYS prevails. And the direction they go and the place they will end up is dependent on their knowledge and values.
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by Angelfrost(m): 10:55am On Aug 11, 2023
Reference:

How did the people of France decide they wanted a Republic and ditched the monarchy of King Louis. Whereas the people of Britain decided to keep their monarchy but not as Sovereign.

Two countries, different people, different outcomes. It is the people's will that ALWAYS prevails. And the direction they go and the place they will end up is dependent on their knowledge and values.

They had leaders amongst them... They had people of great learning and exposure who spread the knowledge and truth within and without.

People don't just wake up and unite... Well, people like Nigerians will never do that!
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by winterbell: 10:56am On Aug 11, 2023
LG 65 Inch available
Very neat 6 months old
Location Rivers State
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by Karnice600: 10:58am On Aug 11, 2023
buzmanjohn:

https://punchng.com/niger-gap-between-leaders-and-followers-is-africas-problem-sam-adeyemi/?amp

The leaders and the masses are far apart. Why?
Because they’re made of the same stuff. Same mindset, same mentality.

An average Nigerian is an opportunist. Look at POS guys during the cash drought. Look at hand sanitizer sellers during the COVID 19 lockdown and the senseless scale up in prices. Look at the kekenapep drivers, before the lockdown 4 passengers were allowed, with each lowest t fare going for 50 bucks. Immediately after the lockdown, with social distancing being introduced, the Keke guys scaled their passengers down to 3 with compulsory face masks on, and lowest price was scaled to 100 bucks. Now face mask and all the Covid nonsense is gone, but those prices are still up. Look at bread 🍞 the quality and sizes keep shrinking while the prices keep spiking. Even black waste bags are now like “ handle with care”. They tear off at the slightest pull. No quality. My wife loves Spicy biscuits like crazy. She had being a fan of it for years. She complains today that it’s no more spicy and lacks the fish flavor it used to have. Now every of these people involved here would blame the government and use that as their defense for exhibiting greed and exploitation to whatever degree. That’s the Nigeria we’re in. That’s the Nigerians we are. That’s why BVAS would not work when it’s critically needed to. That is the same reason democracy would not work like it does in other places. Even good seeds choke in bad soils.

1 Like

Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by Minjim: 11:06am On Aug 11, 2023
This gap cuts across all sectors as he started. Even in the private businesses owned by on man. He lords over his workers as if their slaves and exploits their conditions. He owes salaries and pay at his convenience.
This impunity persists because we don't have a Government that protects the poor. Our governments are only there to serve the wealthy and only God preserves the poor.

Maybe it's due to our Monarchy history, but the even Europe has a Monarchy history.

Most Africans are just evil minded
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by Minjim: 11:13am On Aug 11, 2023
Angelfrost:

They had leaders amongst them... They had people of great learning and exposure who spread the knowledge and truth within and without.

People don't just wake up and unite... Well, people like Nigerians will never do that!

Only a revolution can bring about the paradigm shift.

Though the leaders we have are a reflection of the majority of Nigerians because those leaders were once common Nigerians. They have that corrupt tendency then. Their being in politics only exposed their corrupt manner to a larger audience.

Fame doesn't change people , it only exposes who they really are
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by YouAreNobody: 11:26am On Aug 11, 2023
georgeakins:

Tinubu is 100 times better than Peter Obi.
Only Ibos see Obi as a competent person.
He should go and lead their online biafra

Obi won in Lagos and Abuja, I guess that means Lagos and Abuja belong to the Igbos. Do you now see how foolish your sound? Even as tinubu is running the country aground, you fools will keep defending him because he's Yoruba.

If Jesus Christ or Muhammad comes down to earth and contests as an Igbo man, you guys won't vote him. The past few months have shown the Yoruba to have a supremacist agenda but if dead on arrival
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by YouAreNobody: 11:29am On Aug 11, 2023
georgeakins:

You said worse things to Buhari.
Obi can never be president of this great nation.
Your eyes will clear by the time Supreme Court upholds Jagaban victory.
Go and form your biafla
Can you give 1 reason why you don't want Obi to be President?

I mean aside your ethnic bias
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by frog12: 11:29am On Aug 11, 2023
nonsense. why can't this pastor be honest?
the problem is civilians are too corrupt.
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by YouAreNobody: 11:36am On Aug 11, 2023
georgeakins:

I didn't ask if you're Ibo.
Those bitter and hateful rats online and offline are Ibos, but will still be ashamed by hiding their identities
I have gone round Nigeria, the bitter and hateful people I meet daily are all ibos. That is why nobody lives among them.

Your opinion about Jagaban is irrelevant.
He will be there for 4 years.
agbadorians tend to have a very microscopic view on existence and that's why they support someone who rigged himself into power.

You imbeciles insult the Igbos and everyone who supports LP and Obi but when they give you a dose of your own medicine you start crying.

Open and single thread concerning Igbo or Obi Ike LP and almost all the comments on front page are insults from sub-humans like you.

Anyways, my joy is that everyone including those who voted for the thief are suffering the consequences of their action. The first protest due to hardship caused by the agbado master was in the south west while the second was in the North but in your silly mind is the Igbos who are suffering🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Daft fool
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by Iamzik: 12:16pm On Aug 11, 2023
JASONjnr:
He had this to say before the elections but he didn't.... He supported his own tribesmen and voted a criminal into ppwer.

The gap will remain this much because people who are supposed to speak up at the right time often keep mute just to wail at the wrong time.

Did you see his voters card? How did you know who he voted for?
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by Cromagnon: 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
Damn it!

Why won't there be gap when a criminal drug lord forced himself on the citizens?

How can one man force himself on 200 million?
Do you think before you talk?

The renewal shege pro Max just started. Price of fuel is about to skyrocket again. Of course only obi and his supporters are suffering. Tinubu and APC supporters are enjoying and jubilating they're currently buying fuel for 90 naira. News has it that somewhere in Ogun, ekiti and Ondo fuel is sold for 52 naira to them. Una never see anything! Until the election tribunal kick that mofo in aso Rock out ASAP the suffering continues
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by Peacecore: 1:02pm On Aug 11, 2023
Angelfrost:
This is precisely what I have been shouting about in all the past threads... This is why democracy is a joke on the citizens of African nations.

We haven't been practicing true democracy.

cc:

Peacecore
Garfield1
Penguin2
Oluwaseyi0
There's no doubt that our politicians are the most wicked set of politicians worldwide. But I don't know what to say but...may God have mercy on us.
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by one111o: 1:05pm On Aug 11, 2023
MS247:
Hmmn
is that why you raped your nephew and mother
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by georgeakins: 3:02pm On Aug 11, 2023
YouAreNobody:

Obi won in Lagos and Abuja, I guess that means Lagos and Abuja belong to the Igbos. Do you now see how foolish your sound? Even as tinubu is running the country aground, you fools will keep defending him because he's Yoruba.

If Jesus Christ or Muhammad comes down to earth and contests as an Igbo man, you guys won't vote him. The past few months have shown the Yoruba to have a supremacist agenda but if dead on arrival

Obi won in lagos and Abuja but where is he today?
Obi is in Agulu cave
While Jagaban is in Rock.

He who laughs last....
Ibos can not win a free and fair election, that was the reason your ancestors planned coup of Jan 1966 just to get to power.
Re: Niger: Gap Between Leaders And Followers Is Africa’s Problem – Sam Adeyemi by georgeakins: 3:04pm On Aug 11, 2023
YouAreNobody:

Can you give 1 reason why you don't want Obi to be President?

I mean aside your ethnic bias

He is grossly incompetent to lead a country like Nigeria.
But I think he should be allowed to lead biafra, the online country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

₦5 Billion Palliative To Each State, Who Is Deceiving Who? / EFCC Chairman, Olukoyede Releases 3-Pronged Agenda In New Year Address To Staff / Lagos State Nass Elections Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.