Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? (8350 Views)

Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? / I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad / Advantages Of Being A Skinny Girl / Skinny Girls Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by kodewrita(m): 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2005
What do you tell a skinny guy who wants to body-build but is quite choosy with foods and doesn't like to exercise? (thats not exactly true, his own form of exercise is a stroll to the cafe or a walk from his room to the TV and back.) grin
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by Seun(m): 4:34pm On Apr 15, 2005
I'm also interested in this information. Is it possible to build up my muscles without actually spending precious hours in the gym? I mean, there's no gym near our house; using a gym regularly will drain both time and money. So if there's a way to get built-up while sitting in fromt of my computer, I want to know!
wink

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by Ra(f): 5:59pm On Apr 15, 2005
Seun, smart as you are, I'm sure you know the answer to that already......erm..... NO!

Unless you're all set to start pumping steroid tablets, I see no way you can build muscles while sitting in front of your computer.

As per what to tell a skinny boy.....well, nothing really, if it's genetic. Some people don't reach their full physical potential till they're well into their 30s. Always assuming your dietary habits are healthy, mind.

You don't necessarily have to go to the gym to be fit. Nothing wrong with good old jogging. Thrice, maybe twice a week, wake up an hour earlier than normal and jug round your street, get your heart rate up and jump start your metabolism for the day. Get some dumb-bells for your arms and chest muscles. You can manufacture yours like my brother used to or simply buy some, they're reasonably priced, I believe. One important factor though, you must know that guys burn up fat much faster than women…. testosterone and all. Consequently, it’ll really help a growing guy (0-25 or thereabout) who doesn’t want to be skinny, if he maintains a very healthy diet and eats at least three generous meals a day.

kodewrita, it's alright to be choosy, but the meals you like, do them justice and I've realised that inventing your own cuisine. It makes meal time exciting. It does get pretty boring having to choose between rice, beans, amala, eba and pounded yam all the time.

Well guys, hope that helped.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 16, 2005
What do you tell him? Get a life and start lifting them weights! grin

I used to be quite skinny, but then I became a gyming freak and now I'll say I'm a little above average. I would have been much more muscular if I was dedicated to gyming, but you know how procrastination works. Definately in life I want to be built and fit ... like my idol: P.Diddy.

I call him the Ultimate Nig*a. He's physically built, got the dough, chicks, into music, film, business, got a child, having fun, respected in the US by both politicain (vote or die stuff), serious minded folks and light hearted folks alike. I mean what else could you want in life?
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by Seun(m): 1:24pm On Apr 16, 2005
Trae: I mean what else could you want in life?
He has all these wonderful things yet he can't hold on to a wife. grin

[I]continued at Why do Celebrities have Relationship and Marital Problems?[/I]
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by Chigszy(f): 7:33pm On Apr 17, 2005
Oh, this is interesting, because my friend's boyfriend was skinny and she got him to gain some weight and pump up some muscle. Well sad to say there is no other way than to go to the gym and lift some weights. Going on a protein diet also helps a lot!!!!
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by WesleyanA(f): 4:15am On Jul 05, 2005
No steriods. It's dangerous. angry
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by kodewrita(m): 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2005
Steroids? Thanks but no thanks. I plan to have kids and steroids will not help that. As for junk food or carbs well that means the morsel foods again (ooowwww embarassed sad)
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by sage(m): 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2005
What to tell a skinny guy? Sing to him

We love steroids, We love steroids, We love steroids.

and i promise he wont be much sinny again. grin grin

Just joking sha. I think the gym is a good idea
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by layi(m): 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2005
Nothing good comes easy

Get your butt to the gym (or get the gym to u). U can't build real muscles without gymin.
When u lift 'em weights u r buildin strenght as well. U don't get strength with steriods.
D formular is this: liftin weight tears the muscles and eatin well replaces the "space". Result? growth.

Its not the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog that matters.

Even if u only want to shape up (for them girls)  wink u still have to work out. The word is work-out, not exercise. The rate @ which we gain defers but its worth the stress anyway because when u've got it, u've got it. Muscles don't shrink back. U don't build six packs with joggin or strolling.

Sit down in front of the comp all days..u'll still build. yeah! u'll build finger muscles (carpals)

Steriods have adverse side effects.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by DEKING3(m): 2:42pm On Aug 19, 2005
Go to wharf and carry bags of rice, cement, beans or go to building sites and carry blocks and concretes (konkere) grin cheesy grin Just joking you know.

Like every other person's said, the gym would help if you've got the money or time.
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by hotangel2(f): 5:25am On Aug 20, 2005
I was watching[i] made[/i] on MTV, And they were simply making a skinny guy into a guy with nice muscles and hot pacs. They had just 3 months to complete the mission. The guys weight was 130 pounds. (i can't do math now..turn it to nigerian...thingy).

The guy had to eat boiled eggs, food that are healthy, and eat alot. Just keep eating healthy foods for like the first 5 days. Then go to the gym and do light weight lifting, keep your eating routine and keep the weight lifting going on. I am sure it will work,....because to my greatest suprise, the guy that weighed 130 pounds weighed, 168 pounds after the show, he had great muscles and nice pacs. And yeah..his body was built.. i liked him. You can do it, just eat normally and exercise (mostly weight lifting) equally. cheesy cheesy Good luck skinny guy! wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by nddy(m): 5:32am On Aug 20, 2005
i was skinny untill i got to 9th and started lifting weight set. You gat to be consistent with the weight lifting coz if you aint, seriously notin happens.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by WesleyanA(f): 5:34am On Aug 20, 2005
my brother is really really skinny. i mean skinny. it's funny 'cause he eats like crazy.
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by nddy(m): 5:36am On Aug 20, 2005
most skinny guys eat alot.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by hotangel2(f): 5:39am On Aug 20, 2005
Not just skinny guys. My friend is skinny, you can mold her with both of my legs and have a remainder. She eats like crazy!!!!! She eats and eats, and her tommy still looks flat. She scares the sh!t outta me. I dunno why that is.
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by nddy(m): 5:42am On Aug 20, 2005
but seriously if the brother likes  the way he is i will advice you to not pressure him into anything . coz , some skinny people are due to nature and some pretty gurls are turned on by this.. Let the brother be, if he likes himself fine. dont disturb yourself.
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by WesleyanA(f): 5:43am On Aug 20, 2005
i think the high metabolism is a family thing becaue he weighs like 60 pounds and that's more than what i weigh at his age.
my best friend too is skinny she's vegetarian (some indian religious thing) she 89 pounds.

i don't think he likes his weight but it really don't matter now. he's only 11.
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by nddy(m): 5:47am On Aug 20, 2005
aight
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by hotangel2(f): 5:51am On Aug 20, 2005
Ur bro is 60 pounds. I am guessing he is not yet 13. Anyways just eat healthy and you'll be fine. So as not to have eating disorder.
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by layi(m): 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2005
Wellsaid hot-angel. Eat healthy food. All ectomorphs are hard gainers. A mesomorph will gain muscles easily than an ectomorph because an ectomorph's system is wasteful (by nature). Excess foods are burned off as heat. U have to train it to accept d excess food and turn them to muscles or fat whichever u want.
So for the ectomorph(skinny guy).
Eat Like Monique and workout like Arnold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by hotangel2(f): 6:59am On Aug 21, 2005
Wow. Microbiology student. Ectomorph and mesomorph. hahaha. cheesy
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by layi(m): 4:02pm On Aug 21, 2005
Na me be dat o! My papa money no waste. Owo o easy men!. Its anatomy anyway
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by hotangel2(f): 12:22am On Aug 22, 2005
Hmmph. Anatomy and physiology. A and P student. Ada fun e oo.
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by layi(m): 2:29pm On Aug 22, 2005
Amin Ashe! (amen)
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by timmy(m): 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2005
well as an ex-skinny guy, my advice is this,

1, rest well.
2, eat well too, u could use mulitivatamin drugs to enhance your appetite.
3, just do light work outs, like curls, push ups, and triceps builds. (they dont av to come regular)
just anytime you feel like is okay, but make it a lil frequent for a start. probably once a day b4 bathing..
4. Avoid too much off stressfull activities during the day,
5. talk less, think less and try to sleep deep at nights.
try that for 1-2 months there sure should be a diff. except you av be evil spelled by ur late great grand mother to remain a skinny bone 4 life grin

the body builds and excercise would be too stressfull and more like a rush, just keep it simple, and track your weight frequently, when you notice a change, it gives you more encouragement..
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by kodewrita(m): 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2005
@y'all thanks.

@DE-King Now i know you don't like me. You haven't seen all those bag-lifters afterhours. Their backs are permanently bent as if they are carrying something. just kidding.

Well i am 5 foot 9(and increasing) and i seem to grow lengthwise instead of horizontally. That might be a reason.
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by hotangel2(f): 10:45pm On Aug 22, 2005
Kodewrita, you got some kisses for making me laugh. kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by meme: 1:06am On Aug 23, 2005
a guy being skinny may be as a result of malnutrition .in that case he is adviced to go for a balance diet. it may also be as a result of womanizing,in that case he should play safe cos AIDS is real.
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by hotangel2(f): 1:10am On Aug 23, 2005
Go meme. Welcome to Nairaland hun. I am sure you'll enjoy your stay here. Create your profile and add your pictures. cheesy
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by layi(m): 11:51am On Aug 23, 2005
meme:

a guy being skinny may be as a result of malnutrition .........

Very wrong!

People fall under ectomorph, mesomorph and endomorph in terms body clasifications . No matter how much/good the ectomorphs eat. Its takes time to show. They are simply hard (weight) gainers.
Re: What Do You Tell a Skinny Guy? by kodewrita(m): 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2005
@hot_angel you just made my day. i am going to buy more time and spend it blowing kisses. Just kidding but any way kiss kiss kiss

@layi thanks for supporting me with scientific facts, someone just insinuated that i am drying up cos of womanising (read HIV).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lassa Fever: 9 Die In Ondo, 36 Cases Recorded / What Is The Main Ingredient In Fertility Pills? / Bayelsa Monkeypox Outbreak: Health Commissioner Speaks (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.