Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? (121617 Views)

I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad / I'm Too Skinny, What Can I Do To Add Weight? Food's Not Working..any Help? / To Gain Weight, What Medicine Can I Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by ekoson95(m): 11:56am On Dec 30, 2013
Hello Nairalanders, Please I want u guyz to help me on this issue.
It frustrates me when I see myself in the mirror how skinny i am, my wrists are slender and tiny. In fact, in one word "Bonny". People jokingly make fun of me and it really pisses me off.
I am 18 years old, about 170 cm (5.6"wink tall, and 55kg weight.

I want to gain more weight, please, what do i do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by damibravo(m): 11:59am On Dec 30, 2013
When i was 18 i didnt even make 50kg sef

20 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by gwinfyoung(m): 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
soak garri last thing b4 u go to bed at night. b4 two weeks u will b scared of urself

4 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Dubby6(m): 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
When u eventually gain weight, Ull come back here asking how to loose it...Smh

20 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by majalisa(m): 1:00pm On Dec 30, 2013
ekoson95: Hello Nairalanders, Please I want u guyz to help me on this issue.
It frustrates me when I see myself in the mirror how skinny i am, my wrists are slender and tiny. In fact, in one word "Bonny". People jokingly make fun of me and it really pisses me off.

dont pay attention to them after all you didn't create yourself..with time and the proper diet you will add more flesh and weight.

12 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by deols(f): 1:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
Are you male or female?

All you need do is eat.

5 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
You needn't worry about being skinny, when lots of people are lamenting about being 'fat'. As long as you eat balanced diets, you don't have any problem.

4 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by pat077: 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
eat more junks.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by zaziakoni(f): 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
be eating dis three foods everyday, beans in d mornin, eba in d afternoon and akpu in d nyt. if u follow dis, u wil come back here and give us testimony

6 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Originalsly: 6:15am On Dec 31, 2013
Why try to force weight on yourself? Allow your genes to have control....in time you will muscle up. For now just exercise to keep fit and have good blood circulation. If you use steroids to bulk up...your heart would be stressed and that can lead to a stroke or death. Accept and love yourself.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by chymystique(f): 9:44am On Dec 31, 2013
ekoson95: Hello Nairalanders, Please I want u guyz to help me on this issue.

Dude u weigh 55kg.. U complainin?.. I weighed 45kg as of Nov.. I dnt fink u r evn as skinny as I am and am in ma 20s.. Ma dear ve learnt to love maself dt way and package maself wella. Infact am proud of ma body. Ppl kept tellin me to eat n eat .. I evn ate every I didn't get fat.... Ma advice, jst eat nourishing foods and also use food supplements to hlp u look fresh and then learn how To Love yaself d way u r and not allow wah ppl say get to u. .. Pele

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2014
If u r a girl jus keep eatin more food n takea som blood tonic but if u a guy, go to any chemist n buy cyprivit syrup, I op u r not workin because u will want to consume d whole food in d house

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Madamspeaker(f): 4:07pm On Jan 02, 2014
i am almost 21 nd i am weighing 53kg....wen my friends call me 'lepa'...i reply saying...'yes oo....lepa ti ko common wink'....i eat healthy,dress well nd look good...dats all u need to do dear

8 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by jmoore(m): 9:09pm On Jan 02, 2014
Why the headache? You are only 18.

5 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by quivah(f): 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2014
I'm in my late teen and I weigh 44kg as at September...

I ain't complaining..

This is to show you are fatter that some people!

[size=4pt] I'm not much of a eater tho[/size]
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by shakaz(m): 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2014
I'm considering quiting nairaland. Been reloading FP all day long but nothing meaningful...seems 2014 no much news or fun stuff to cheer peeps up.same goes with AIT news nothing interesting.

9 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by MRL1MPoPoTM: 9:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
chap i used to be like you hitherto, but now i've fully gained alot of weight since i started liftin iron weight and doin push-ups(nothin less than 1000 counts a day) regularly ..i recommend same for u, try it and ur physique wld nvr remain thesame.

11 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Chamber10(m): 9:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
Picture or I will not comment

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Gifted4all(m): 9:12pm On Jan 02, 2014
Why bother urself when God has made u beautiful.just eat nutritional food and leave the rest for God

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by tribeofdavid(m): 9:13pm On Jan 02, 2014
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by goldfish80(m): 9:13pm On Jan 02, 2014
Since youre up to 18,I would recomend that you drink atleast a bottle of gulder and a plate isi ewu,nkwobi or goat meat pepper soup everyday.In three months you will blow up. Tenk me later smiley

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by NessaFresh(f): 9:14pm On Jan 02, 2014
Not again
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Youngchukky245(m): 9:14pm On Jan 02, 2014
Hence you are sure you eat adequately,create a gym timetable for yourself either every morning or every evening will do.
After 3 months if people no call you Johnny bravo then jus know your problem is spiritual

7 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by 190theclown: 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2014
spend more time drinking small stout, medium stout and cat fish pepper soup

eat everyday and drink stout as much as possible if possible 2 bottles per day

in 3 months report back to me angry

and try to carry ashawo's more often it helps undecided

atleast 2 per week - it worked for me, it worked for others and it can work for you too wink wink

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by mcevans1(m): 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2014
Hit the gym and start building your body.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2014
LIFT angry
and eat lots of protein angry
Then LIFT some more angry

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Datruggedman: 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2014
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2014
Protein, Protein, Protein.

You can blend some bananas, with whole milk, and some raw eggs (yuck right?)

If you are a guy, then gaining weight should be no problem at all, as long as you can actually afford food.

Hit the gym, please not for marathon sprints, but for weight building. As soon as you finish working out, you should reach for protein within a couple of minutes to help your torn muscles rebuild to become stronger.

Just remember to put Protein first, you obviously do need a balanced diet, but think big like a Texan in terms of protein, not in like a typical Nigerian with a mountain of rice on the plate, and one maggi cube sized piece of meat on top.

7 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by swhiss: 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2014
eat food fast and eat fast food to gain weight fast

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nostradamus: 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
Please everyone,how do i open a thread??
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
Has the dude tasted current transformer,...it will definately help

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Girl Born With Hands Joined / 10 Health Benefits Of Plantains You Need To Know / Coronavirus: Robots Spraying Disinfectant In China (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.