Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Xbox Won't Go Beyond Start Screen - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Xbox Won't Go Beyond Start Screen (2204 Views)

Help!!!!brand New Xbox One Won't Stay Powered On / Up Coming Video Games That You Won't Want To Miss (PC & Console) / Psp Won't Recognise My Games! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xbox Won't Go Beyond Start Screen by Seun(m): 4:17pm On Mar 04, 2006
My friend was in school for several months, so i used his Xbox with no problems. Today he returned and when we switched it on the Xbox refused to go beyond the Green start screen. Prior to this the Xbox has been off with a CD was inside it for more than a month.

Now, when you switch it on, it shows the green Xbox welcome screen but does not advance to the menu screen where you have the timer, the music CD player, and so on. In addition, it doesn't play any Game DVDs we place inside it. How can we repair it? Is there a simple fix or do we need a technician? (we are based in the Lagos area, thanks).
Re: Xbox Won't Go Beyond Start Screen by Badman888(m): 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2006
The problem might be from that particular CD, I dont know if you have tried any other Xbox games with it. If it still dosent work, i think you would need a technician to check it out.
Re: Xbox Won't Go Beyond Start Screen by Seun(m): 5:14pm On Mar 04, 2006
We have tried several CDs with no luck. And it doesn't show the timer screen
Re: Xbox Won't Go Beyond Start Screen by Badman888(m): 8:40pm On Mar 04, 2006
I think you have hav to take it to an expert, havnt stayed in lagos but i hear people say they fix their games and stuff in Alaba.
Re: Xbox Won't Go Beyond Start Screen by Seun(m): 10:19pm On Mar 04, 2006
Thanks. I guess we'll have to take it to Alaba. Ouch.
Re: Xbox Won't Go Beyond Start Screen by asumo12: 2:33pm On May 26, 2015
shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Pes 2012 Vs Fifa 2012 / What Is The Day Before The Day After Yesterday? / PS3 (fat) Giveaway Offer. With 250gb Harddisk.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.