Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story (25960 Views)

Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) / Nigerian Man Meets 'Tallest' & 'Shortest' Men In Dubai (Photos) / How I Was Scammed By A Hotel / Booking Agency At Murtala Mohammed Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by GurlFriend: 4:05pm On Oct 24, 2016
A blog reader shared his very pathetic story as a warning to people who go to Dubai to seek greener pastures. More often than not, migrant workers end up with demeaning, back breaking work. And if you aren't lucky, you end up being scammed of your hard earned money. Like the man in this story.

Read below
I lost my bank job December last year, tried to find another job for a while without success. I gathered my remaining savings and even borrowed more and left for Dubai in search of job only to end up in a construction company that subjects the workers to subhuman treatment.

I tried to leave the company to find a job elsewhere but they won't let me. I contacted some people for help without success till the editor of UK based Independent offered to help.

Here is a link to her article on my story: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uae-migrant-worker-ansam-residential-yas-insland-abu-dhabi-human-rights-watch-kafala-a7131051.html

The bad publicity my story generated forced my company to let me go, but they refused to release my passport on time for me to find another job and I was given only 28days to either find a job or leave the country, according to UAE labour laws.

They released my passport only 16 days before the expiration of my papers and so didn't have much time to look for work and so I eventually ended up in an even bigger scam/sleaze, a phoney company that specializes in scamming people of their hard earned money.

I saw their advert online in a job board so I called, they invited me for an interview so I went, after the 'interview' which I passed, they said I had to make a refundable security deposit of 1000aed, before they could process my offer, when I asked why; they said some people don't show up after they start processing their visa so the money would act as guarantee.

I agreed and sourced for the money by all means because I was already broke then. To make matters worse, I equally informed other job seekers about the company and so many people paid them through me, after passing their 'interview'.

Shortly after, they issued us job offers which I verified from the UAE ministry of labour website and because of this, so many other jobseekers believed the authenticity of the company because they told us they just won a contract to provide office assistants and security men in different companies so they needed enough manpower.

As we were waiting for the visa, after signing the offer letters, my papers expired and so I had to leave the country, to come back when they finish processing.

Before I left, I told them my predicament and they assured me that my visa will be out within ten days, now it's over 2 months I came back to Nigeria and not even a word, I asked someone to go help me check the company only for him to tell me that their office has been locked.

Now I'm holed up here, so sick and I just feel like ending it all...

(Please I have all the documents backing my story just in case)

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/10/suicidal-nigerian-man-who-was-scammed.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by borntosuccess(m): 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
it's we'll
Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by NotNairalandi(m): 6:06pm On Oct 24, 2016
sir is that your room or your hospital bed or psycho-yaba left room?

sorry it is not my intention to ask,it was my friend that forced me to ask you.initially what i wanted to tell you was "ehyaaa" before my friend force me into asking your this question

16 Likes

Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by kikilove(f): 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2016
I think he should just stay back nd try to start all over again. All that money nd time has being lost

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by RGem(f): 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
This is pathetic.
The search for greener pastures angry
Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by dollaflow(m): 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
hmmm
Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by Haphard(m): 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
Summary plz.
Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by donklef(m): 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
Info authorities in UAE,they might help you out. Good luck
Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by Young03(m): 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
chai, ur story is pathetic

I will advise u to visit amadioha

carry their matter go okija shrine

ur case will be solved

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by MissyDivah(f): 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2016
U Left naija for Dubai? What makes Dubai better than Nigeria? Burj Khalifa? undecided

19 Likes

Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by richidinho(m): 6:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
Sorry bro
Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by biadaba: 6:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
Sorry MR, itss well with you
I tell people that if they decide to migrate go to a very good country. Try Us, canada...itss not easy also as an illegal immigrant but it's far better than dubai,kenya, even south africa.
At least ull leave better than an average Nigerian man and if ure smart all will get well with time.

2 Likes

Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by busyfishing(m): 6:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
Habaa.we have to read the story, then click on the link to read the article and then come back to the story? U EPP us buy data? Sorry all the same.I hope you learn from your horrifying experience

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by Theyveedo(m): 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
I thought it's only Nigerians that r involved in scam
Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by ibroh22(m): 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
eeyah
Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by vicoloni(m): 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
And yet so many Nigerians are planning to go to Dubai in search of the golden fleece. A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by amunkita(m): 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2016
oga u dont need to be suicidal, my case worst pass ur own cous i was scammed by different people...

This is the pix of one of those nigerian boy who scammed dozens of us nd made away with millions...

He should keep running but one day i will get him here in Nigeria or elsewhere nd offer him ticket to Valhalla..

Kingsley Otutu, u can run from Mars to Jupiter but as long as this world is spherical, we must jam..

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by espn(m): 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2016
Sorry bro..#doublewahalafordeadbody# where do you start from??
Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by AreaFada2: 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2016
My brother, it is well.

Keep your head up. You have your life. You have skills and ebergy. Gid will provide.

Our brothers & sisters in Dubai should please advise.

CC JustineforJesus and co from Nairaland Travel section. Please advise.
Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by Samanza89: 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hmm..... ...
Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by jdstunt(m): 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
The Lord is your strength
Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by 1990news: 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
sorry
Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by mummyson26(m): 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
I pity this guy so many Nigerian are stranded in uae because of this same reason
Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by Sayelabola(m): 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
Young03:
chai, ur story is pathetic

I will advise u to visit amadioha

carry their matter go okija shrine

ur case will be solved

There is sense in your comment.

Well-done.

2 Likes

Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 24, 2016
Don't mind them...

What I don't understand is how an ex-banker ended up doing ogu-aja in Dubai...

He should have used all that money he used to go there to startup a business

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by oweniwe(m): 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2016
When they were working..... If you tell them to save up and start an enterprise, they will not listen... They will say their salary and allowances are more than enough for them.... Okay please borrow me N1,000 they will say ... "I don't have money"...

After losing their job... If you tell them to use their savings/gratuity to start an enterprise, they will not listen. They will put the money inside wonder-bank for 100% interest every month or apply for US/UAE visa.... When wonder-bank scam them and Embassy deny them visa, that is how N800,000 don burn.

Even now, if someone gives him N1m, rather than start enterprise with it in naija, he will want to go Malaysia...

Hmmm... E no concern me undecided angry undecided

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by eROCK247(m): 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2016
Sir, as bleak as t seems, life is worth living. There's still hope even if it means cutting all contacts and starting afresh. God bless ur hustle.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by Sayelabola(m): 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2016
vicoloni:
And yet so many Nigerians are planning to go to Dubai in search of the golden fleece. A word is enough for the wise!

His story shouldn't discourage anyone from going there.

Let them just prepare hard and settle all scores before departure spiritually.

2 Likes

Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by aninexzy(m): 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2016
h
Re: Suicidal Nigerian Man Who Was Scammed In Dubai Tells His Pathetic Story by Sayelabola(m): 6:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
unclezuma:
Don't mind them...

What I don't understand is how an ex-banker ended up doing ogu-aja in Dubai...

He should have used all that money he used to go there to startup a business

Perhaps, the idea to startup a small scale business wasn't coming by then.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Awka-Onitsha Expressway Collapses, Commuters, Motorists Stranded / Dangote Truck Accident In Zambia Kills 8 On The Spot, Others Injured... Photos / Drivers Lament As They Spend Days On Nsukka/Enugu Expressway (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.