Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? (37852 Views)

Using Rubber Thread On Your Hair Is Demonic, May Lead You To Hell / Churches That Can Lead You To Hell Fire / Can God Lead You To Someone You Don't Love In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by debosky(m): 10:53am On Oct 12, 2011
I was reading the RCCG open heavens devotional a few weeks ago (21/09/2011) and came across this excerpt in a devotional on the Mercy of God:

Another very interesting truth about God's mercy is that everything He does is a reflection of His mercy, especially towards those who have a personal relationship with Him (Psalm 25:10). Every decision God takes concerning you is out of mercy. If you accept this truth, then you will know that it is impossible for God to think evil concerning you. [b]If He is leading you to marry the fellow you do not love, it is because He will supply the love at the time it is needed. [/b]You can be sure that, that divine decision is in your interest and will work in your favour.

http://www.openheavens.kingdom28.org/

Quite interesting I thought - does God actually lead people to marry those they don't love? Is love only needed at certain times? Is this really a biblical comment?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by slimyem: 10:58am On Oct 12, 2011
this would do better in the religion section.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by LongOne1(m): 10:59am On Oct 12, 2011
*scratching head* Men, this one na JAMB kwesion.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by r231(m): 11:03am On Oct 12, 2011
Only desperate woman thinks like that grin

1 Like

Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by xynerise: 11:09am On Oct 12, 2011
God doesnt kid with free will.

4 Likes

Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 12, 2011
God is the creator of man and love. If God gives you who you dont love,then love who God has given u

1 Like

Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by debosky(m): 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2011
tiniyata:

God is the creator of man and love. If God gives you who you dont love,then love who God has given u

You you are saying you agree that God can give you someone you don't love? Why wouldn't God let you fall in love with the person first?

xynerise:

Does that mean you agree or don't agree with the question?
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by xynerise: 12:25pm On Oct 12, 2011
@debosky. My comment is self explainatory.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 12, 2011
yes i agree
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by debosky(m): 12:59pm On Oct 12, 2011
xynerise:

@debosky. My comment is self explainatory.

Not really - God gives you free will to choose what you do, but would God even lead you to marry such a person in the first place if you don't love him/her?

Those are two separate things - you can choose to ignore the instruction by exercising your free will, but will the instruction be given in the first place?
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by debosky(m): 1:13pm On Oct 12, 2011
Moderator please move to the religion section if more appropriate.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by MMM2(m): 1:17pm On Oct 12, 2011
op it depend on d GOD u serve.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Orikinla(m): 2:58pm On Oct 12, 2011
Majority of Nigerian women did not marry the men they really loved. Most of them were led by the idols of lust and vanity to men who could afford their standards and wants. Even most of the Single Brothers in Church often dodge from unattractive Sisters and prefer the company of the psychedelic ones. Even when the Word of Knowledge says the unattractive sister or brother is the will of God, they will dodge it. Many Sisters are still single, because of their lust for the Ready Made Attractive Single Brothers or Men. They even quote the Holy Bible to support their decisions. A sister was avoiding a jobless brother until he got a good job at Chevron Nigeria Limited. Then she saw him as the will of God. The hypocrisy in Church is worse than paganism. Yes, God can direct you to a brother or sister you don't love, but later both of you will learn to love each other. May God make us wiser in our relationship with each other. Amen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 12, 2011
this is why man so-called christian couples are living in bondage. Shackled in a marriage to individuals they cant stand but where told it must be the "will of God".

1 Like

Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Madcow(m): 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2011
[size=18pt]GOD IS NOT WICKED! wink[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Freiburger(m): 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2011
xynerise:

Exactly. But some fake men of God do ask people to marry someone they don't love, claiming it was revealed from God.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2011
lol, only Eve and Adam dodge all this marriage wahala
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by freecocoa(f): 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2011
How can God lead me to marry someone I don't love when he said “I know the thoughts I have for you,thoughts of good and not of evil,to give you an expected end”now whatever I desire that's what he'll give to me so he also said, though at times what we want may not be best for us but if he is giving me someone then he already knows that I'll love the person cos I'm sure he doesn't support loveless unions.

2 Likes

Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by debosky(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2011
Madcow:

[size=18pt]GOD IS NOT WICKED! wink[/size]

What does this mean in the context of the conversation? Can God lead you to marry someone you don't love and will 'provide the love when needed' or will God not do that?
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Wallie(m): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2011
How can you say for certain that it is God leading you to marry someone? How do you know it is not the devil or one’s own inadequacies? If you saw a sign, could you have misinterpreted the sign? If you heard a voice, could you be hearing your own conscious thoughts? Plus, if you heard a voice, you better check into “Aro” as you’re developing schizophrenia.

I believe that we all have free will and can only pray to God for guidance.

Mind you, I’m not saying to love cannot develop in a relationship. It is possible to look past your future partner during your first few encounters but you now love that same person to death!

1 Like

Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2011
God has no right to intervene with who I wanna marry, He cant even make suggestion, its my right to decide that.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Orikinla(m): 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2011
davidylan:

this is why man so-called christian couples are living in bondage. Shackled in a marriage to individuals they cant stand but where told it must be the "will of God".
A true Will of God can never be wrong and will overcome all the scoffers of the Word and will conquer through Agape. What most "Christians" call their Will of God in marriage is not true. I have served in both Roman Catholic and Pentecostal churches and have seen single brothers and sisters driven by the carnality and vanity of the world to assume their Will of Lust and call it the Will of God and I have seen real will of God that proves that God is real and true. Until we experience the communion of God we cannot be true believers. I have found myself in His glory that I never wanted to leave, but for the sake of my family who are yet to understand the mysteries of our faith. What most people are doing now is "Playing Church" and I feel so sorry for them. There are more true Christians in South Korea than in Nigeria. Working with Ministers of God and seeing the congregations just being more emotional than being spiritual is pathetic. Nigerians think they can fake Christianity. But the harvest of their works in Nigeria is what we are seeing before our very eyes. Evils of corruption perpetrated by millions of Nigerians who claim to be Christians, but are worse than pagans. Parents who behave like pimps for their daughters. But as the fools lie so they die in their hypocrisy. Without the Holy Spirit no one can be a true Christian and until you are a true Christian, you cannot know the Will of God.

2 Likes

Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Emekamex(m): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2011
Love and affection is of human freewill, so who you love or marry depends on you.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by chikkim: 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2011
Thus says the LORD "I know the thought I have for u, that of good, to give you an expected end'. Anything that comes from GOD is good. If you are sure it is actually GOD that is leading you to the person, then go ahead for HE can not lead you into a marriage that you will regret. All you need do is give the person a chance, you might be surprised to discover some hidden attributes of that person that can make you fall in love only that it requires a closer look. It has happened to someone I know. Thats why you need to ask and personally hear from GOD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Wallie(m): 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2011
chikkim:

Thus says the LORD "I know the thought I have for u, that of good, to give you an expected end'. Anything that comes from GOD is good. If you are sure it is actually GOD that is leading you to the person, then go ahead for HE can not lead you into a marriage that you will regret. All you need do is give the person a chance, you might be surprised to discover some hidden attributes of that person that can make you fall in love only that it requires a closer look. It has happened to someone I know. Thats why you need to ask and personally hear from GOD.

You said, "If you are [b]sure [/b]it is actually GOD that is leading you to the person" but how can you be sure?
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by room702(m): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2011
davidylan:

shocked
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by chikkim: 4:36pm On Oct 12, 2011
Wallie:

You said, "If you are [b]sure [/b]it is actually GOD that is leading you to the person" but how can you be sure?

Thats why you need to have a personal relationship with GOD. When you have a father - daughter/son relationship with GOD, definitely you will know when he talks to you.

1 Like

Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Image123(m): 4:36pm On Oct 12, 2011
God commands us to love. They say that's the greatest command. Infact, husbands are commanded to love their wives. What the manual's saying is that it might not always be spontaneous. Love is more than feeling, love can be cultivated, and love grows. Sometimes you love instantly, sometimes gradually. Love can also be lost and left, like a certain church left their love. If we intend to keep God's commandments, then we can obey the command to love someone we do not love.

1 Like

Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by brainpulse: 4:38pm On Oct 12, 2011
Understanding love is Understanding the true Nature of God, because God is Love. So maybe He wants every man to love one another so nothing will be an excuse for anybody to marry themselves.

For true life; I dont think it could happen, but nobody can do anything about God's sovereignty (He chooses to do what pleases Him).
For me; Hmn I reject it in God's name.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by debosky(m): 4:40pm On Oct 12, 2011
@ Image

All this big grammar and we still don't know your stand. grin

God commands us to love yes, but will he ask you to marry someone you don't love? He asks us to love everybody in fact, but that is different from a spouse isn't it? Or are you saying it's one and the same thing?

I agree you may need to 'force' yourself to love someone in certain circumstances (when they are hurting you for example) but do you start out on that basis?
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by courage89(m): 4:42pm On Oct 12, 2011
I agree that nothing in life happens by accident. Its possible that God can lead you to marry someone you don't love, if they are going to play a significant role in your life.
Re: Can God Lead You To Marry Someone You Don't Love? by Wallie(m): 4:43pm On Oct 12, 2011
chikkim:

Thats why you need to have a personal relationship with GOD. When you have a father - daughter/son relationship with GOD, definitely you will know when he talks to you.  

OK. But could the voice of GOD be the shred of doubt in your mind that is being drawn-out by your biases?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Keyamo Plotting To Clone My Voice, Kill Stephanie Otobo – Apostle Suleman / Pastors Deny Their Ministry And Members To Evade Arrest In FCT / Pastor Sam Adeyemi: Sex In Marriage, Other Things That Make Family Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.