Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production (7407 Views)

What Can You Teach People For FREE To Kickstart There CAREER / Kickstart Ur Freelancing Career, Get Ur Rejected Or New Upwork Account Approved! / How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by issylarry(m): 3:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
dwayne111:
Good morning good people of nairaland, I'm 28, i base in delta state(for now) and i'm hoping to start my career in show biz...so i'm looking to learn music production(preferably in lagos but i don't have anyone in lagos) I'm willing to pay any amount. i have passion for it and i'm a very fast learner and a computer literate.

Music production is more than passion !
Type Hills Records on google you can know more about them
I am a music producer and can also put you through something send me a mail if you need my handles .

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by ChiefOkporghe: 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2023
AmadeGTH:
First of all, look good.

Do you have a hairline that is backsliding like Michael Jackson 🕺 ?. Do you put on cap to cover your receding hairline. ?
Are you below 43 and already developing bald hair ? If this is you let me help you today. I have a hair solution that works, made out of veg, fruits, spirit and oils. I can show you how it’s been prepared and you will make it YOURSELF at home. I charge 1200naira for my recipe and it works like magic. See my WhatsApp number on bio
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Sonfethopia: 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2023
dwayne111:
Good morning good people of nairaland, I'm 28, i base in delta state(for now) and i'm hoping to start my career in show biz...so i'm looking to learn music production(preferably in lagos but i don't have anyone in lagos) I'm willing to pay any amount. i have passion for it and i'm a very fast learner and a computer literate.

At 28 if you can play keyboard very well go for it, if you have no knowledge keyboard then don't try it. U have passed music learning age.without keyboard you can produce music. If u can play keyboard you have learnt music production 90 %. Hope you get? By the way you can learn in warri Delta state. There are good guys there.

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Tayorshd87: 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2023
beardedboy:
According to Steven He, you smell like joblessness.

On a serious note, why are you going into music? Just for the money or you believe there's a value you'll be adding to the society through music (which I strongly doubt).

Please pursue a more valuable career like tiling, car mechanic.

God bless you I guess u have read through my mind because am about to say similar thing too

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Tayorshd87: 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2023
DevilishMan:
Oga no need to pay to learn music production.

Just get a PC and install Fruity Loops and any other plugins you can find. Fiddle with them until you master it. After you can make basic beats that's the time to start looking for a bigger studio to attach yourself to and upgrade your production, mixing & mastering skills.

PS: If you cannot master it on your own then you cannot learn it under paid internship and you will just waste your money.

Music production is an innate gift just like singing or playing football or musical instruments. You either have it or you don't.

But if you want otumokpo to blow fast without talent, just DM me.

Ọmọ i need otumopko OOO abeg I won blow but I never Sabi sing yet
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by elefind(m): 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2023
beardedboy:

On a serious note, why are you going into music? Just for the money or you believe there's a value you'll be adding to the society through music (which I strongly doubt).

Don't go into tiling or machine, I will advice you go into music video production instead. Tiling work is not lucrative na suffer head work, tiling is not scalable. Machanic work is not a good option too, lot of people doing it are looking for a way to option out because less people are driving now, petroleum products are getting too expensive except if you want to learn electric cars repair. Learn music production and add video production to it. So you can have something to fall back on, good luck.
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by nedekid: 4:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
beardedboy:

My brother, I taya.
I watch this match making show on fb, very funny show. One thing I have noticed, when they ask what the ladies or guys do for a living, the standard thing theu say is content creator, entrepreneur, actor, movie producer, musician, model, or they sell wigs, cloths and bags.
I wonder if they all have proper jobs or professions.
I never hear eg, doctor, carpenter, nurse, pilot, plumber, mechanic, tiler, surveyor, chef etc.
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by aremubabs: 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2023
Sonfethopia:

At 28 if you can play keyboard very well go for it, if you have no knowledge keyboard then don't try it. U have passed music learning age .without keyboard you can produce music. If u can play keyboard you have learnt music production 90 %. Hope you get? By the way you can learn in warri Delta state. There are good guys there.

Jesus, this is misinformation.

Stop spreading misinformation. Any adult can learn music.

Many studies say that the best time to learn music is when you are a child. It doesn't mean you can't learn music at any age. And the major reason why children learn music better is not because of age but because of motivation. If an adult of any age is just as motivated as a motivated child, he will acquire the skills.

Adults have to deal with many issues like emotional and financial issues, unlike children. So, it is hard for many adults to be committed to their music studies which is why it might take longer for them to acquire the skills.

My wife and first child are both learning music. My son is learning the piano and my wife is training her voice. My son has all of the time. No worries about fixing food, cleaning around the house or worrying about other domestic needs of the family. Of course, he is catching on better than my wife, who sometimes misses classes.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by ThiefnubuBandit: 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2023
Sonfethopia:

At 28 if you can play keyboard very well go for it, if you have no knowledge keyboard then don't try it. U have passed music learning age.without keyboard you can produce music. If u can play keyboard you have learnt music production 90 %. Hope you get? By the way you can learn in warri Delta state. There are good guys there.

Shut up and stop saying rubbish. That's how ignorant people like you give people wrong and foolish advice. Why do you think there is a particular age limit to learn music production?

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Matprinze: 5:25pm On Aug 14, 2023
That’s lovely…. Music production is fun. I’m also a music producer. If you have your computer, I can give you the list of softwares you can start with and I can also put you through on how you can learn it on your own….

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by achimendy(m): 5:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
dwayne111:

Believe, learn more, work hard and be persistent.

The road to success is not easy.

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by dwayne111: 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2023
achimendy:

Believe, learn more, work hard and be persistent.

The road to success is not easy.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by dwayne111: 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2023
Matprinze:
That’s lovely…. Music production is fun. I’m also a music producer. If you have your computer, I can give you the list of softwares you can start with and I can also put you through on how you can learn it on your own….
thanks, i have a laptop.. i'm interested.
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by correctguy101(m): 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2023
beardedboy:

grin

You this man, what problem do you have with our dear OP going into music production?
Car mechanic ke? Like some musicians, some car mechanics too are a menace to car engines.

If he likes music production, let him try his hand there. After all, there too many trades out there, someone must fill the space.. (even if they're useless like some so-called handworker men. Example is a tailor that almost made this ancestor shed tears, even laundryman made me fuming like an angry bull for mumu work)

OgheneRhema that's even singing rubbish aff blow.

Stop discouraging the young man abeg.

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by dwayne111: 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2023
correctguy101:

grin

You this man, what problem do you have with our dear OP going into music production?
Car mechanic ke? Like some musicians, some car mechanics too are a menace to car engines.

If he likes music production, let him try his hand there. After all, there too many trades out there, someone must fill the space.. (even if they're useless like some so-called handworker men. Example is a tailor that almost made this ancestor shed tears, even laundryman made me fuming like an angry bull for mumu work)

OgheneRhema that's even singing rubbish aff blow.

Stop discouraging the young man abeg.

the funniest part is that, I'm not jobless, cos i can make anything out of dough(flour) This is just me trying to pursue my dream in the world of showbiz even if i don't end up as a popular musician(which is my secondary target) at least, i'll have some thing i can fall back to and will make me relevant in the entertainment world.
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by correctguy101(m): 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2023
dwayne111:
the funniest part is that, I'm not jobless, cos i can make anything out of dough(flour) This is just me trying to pursue my dream in the world of showbiz even if i don't end up as a popular musician(which is my secondary target) at least, i'll have some thing i can fall back to and will make me relevant in the entertainment world.

It's a good thing. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
I love music too but my genre seems a bit strange for a ghetto pickin.
Slow grooves, Jazz and Classics do me real good. Listening to Grand Sage Yannis always takes my spirit to places I can't mention...smh

Just go for it brother. If not that I'm currently too lazy, I could go for some lessons too... grin

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Love800(m): 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2023
Pls link me with a radio, i want to be broadcaster
wittywriter:

I can link you to PEFTI Admin or a Radio Station Manager in Lagos though I'm not in Lagos.

Wittyness
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Love800(m): 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2023
If i want to start recording and making people to hear my music, how do i go abt it? I sing gospel.
nellyzkid:
Hello bro I am a music producer and I have been a music producer for 6 years now and still counting I have my own studio and I can give you guidelines and packs for your music production you can hit me up on 07067208134
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Winneepye: 6:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
Look at doing intern in a good and successful music studio in lagos, this will allow you to understand the business and get a good mentor.

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Matprinze: 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
dwayne111:

thanks, i have a laptop.. i'm interested.

07054739189 you can chat me up on WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by ntipro: 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2023
You need to have ear for music before you go into music production. You may not know how to play piano (knowing how to is a big plus) but you must have ear for music. Otherwise, you will just waste your time and resources.
Second, you need to have a side hustle. Earning as a producer takes time.

Importantly, listen to all genres of music.
Then, listen to all genres of music.
Finally, listen and listen to all genres of music.
What you listen to will inspire sounds in your head which will pop out whenever you want to produce.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Fantazy(m): 7:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
dwayne111:

Music, okay.
If it's content creation (skit making) I would have invited you to join my brand.

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by IamAtAnger: 8:53pm On Aug 14, 2023
airforce1 and iamdbull 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😅😅😅🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sharpsharp00123:
Just have enough money, like enough money for promo n sorting then b sure u have passion so u won’t end up like airforce1 n iamdbull

Above all pray for grace
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by CLOWNED: 9:02pm On Aug 14, 2023
See bro.Let me teach you mobile music production.Honestly you don't need to buy any pc.Just your mobile phone then download FL MOBILE.I have produced very well standard songs played in huge speakers and dj being well mastered but I can't teach you for free.Forget you don't need any music theory to kill yourself.Try me 07066633581(WhatsApp)

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Sonfethopia: 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2023
ThiefnubuBandit:

Shut up and stop saying rubbish. That's how ignorant people like you give people wrong and foolish advice. Why do you think there is a particular age limit to learn music production?

Lol there's no way a 28 year old man can learn tonic sofas. Without sofas he can't learn keyboard. It's like learning tribal language at the age of 28. Its nearly impossible.

Hope u understand me.
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Sonfethopia: 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
aremubabs:

Jesus, this is misinformation.

Stop spreading misinformation. Any adult can learn music.
Training voice is different from learning music production. Understand what tonic sofas is you will know his ears has passed the age of reading music. Trust me.

Many studies say that the best time to learn music is when you are a child. It doesn't mean you can't learn music at any age. And the major reason why children learn music better is not because of age but because of motivation. If an adult of any age is just as motivated as a motivated child, he will acquire the skills.

Adults have to deal with many issues like emotional and financial issues, unlike children. So, it is hard for many adults to be committed to their music studies which is why it might take longer for them to acquire the skills.

My wife and first child are both learning music. My son is learning the piano and my wife is training her voice. My son has all of the time. No worries about fixing food, cleaning around the house or worrying about other domestic needs of the family. Of course, he is catching on better than my wife, who sometimes misses classes.
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Bigdiddo(m): 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2023
Search for Beat DiggaZ Music studio in Lagos . The rite place to be for your learning bro. Holla 08085758577 WhatsApp only

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by dwayne111: 11:16pm On Aug 14, 2023
Fantazy:

Music, okay.
If it's content creation (skit making) I would have invited you to join my brand.
I'll like to be part of that, cos i'm good in acting. when it comes to entertainment, I'm all rounded.
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by SPAMBOX7: 11:23pm On Aug 14, 2023
dwayne111:
If @bolded is true and you know how to get accommodation in either Lagos or Abuja then DM me

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by dwayne111: 11:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
SPAMBOX7:
If @bolded is true and you know how to get accommodation in either Lagos or Abuja then DM me
Yes, I'm a fast learner like i mentioned abpve but i don't have anyone i can stay with in either lagos or abuja( though I've once lived and work at both)
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by dwayne111: 11:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
SPAMBOX7:
I'm a very fast learner, just like i mentioned earlier but i don't have anyone in either lagos or abuja( though i'm familiar with both cos i'2ve once lived and worked in both)
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Shawenzy(m): 1:07am On Aug 15, 2023
Follow me on instagram @rich_crown91

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

There’s Nothing Wrong With Being A Pessimist. / My German Boss Wants Me In Bed / Ican November 2015 Exam Result.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.