Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production (7435 Views)

What Can You Teach People For FREE To Kickstart There CAREER / Kickstart Ur Freelancing Career, Get Ur Rejected Or New Upwork Account Approved! / How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by dwayne111: 1:40am On Aug 15, 2023
Shawenzy:
Follow me on instagram @rich_crown91
ok
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Storypot: 1:52am On Aug 15, 2023
dwayne111:

Honestly, piano and guitar is are the instruments I've been looking to learn since childhood, but you know, hustling and bustling never gave me the chance yet, but I'm a very fast learner( In everything).

Kanye doesnt even know how to play the piano but he's recorded nd produced so many hit albums

So yes, you can be a music producer without learning the piano or any other music instruments. You do not need to know piano to make beats, but obviously it will help. It will help in a couple different areas: Allow for quick improvisation of loops, and catchy parts.

Can I be a music producer when I don't know how to ... - Quora

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by IhateRetards: 7:22am On Aug 15, 2023
CLOWNED:
See bro.Let me teach you mobile music production.Honestly you don't need to buy any pc.Just your mobile phone then download FL MOBILE.I have produced very well standard songs played in huge speakers and dj being well mastered but I can't teach you for free.Forget you don't need any music theory to kill yourself.Try me 07066633581(WhatsApp)
YOU ARE A LIAR FOR TELLING HIM HE DOES NOT NEED MUSIC THEORY. YOU WANT HIM TO QUIT BEFORE HE STARTS. Music is an art just like painting there are tools needed for it and music theory is needed for music production
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Karleb(m): 7:56am On Aug 15, 2023
Sonfethopia:

At 28 if you can play keyboard very well go for it, if you have no knowledge keyboard then don't try it. U have passed music learning age.without keyboard you can produce music. If u can play keyboard you have learnt music production 90 %. Hope you get? By the way you can learn in warri Delta state. There are good guys there.

You can learn and be good at music even at age 70. Stop discouraging others.
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by CLOWNED: 7:57am On Aug 15, 2023
IhateRetards:

YOU ARE A LIAR FOR TELLING HIM HE DOES NOT NEED MUSIC THEORY. YOU WANT HIM TO QUIT BEFORE HE STARTS. Music is an art just like painting there are tools needed for it and music theory is needed for music production

He doesn't need it.With just the basic 1456 progression and tonic solfa he is good to go.He can play the major scale.He doesn't even need a keyboard to use Fl studio..We don't need to drag abeg
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Karleb(m): 8:08am On Aug 15, 2023
Storypot:

Kanye doesnt even know how to play the piano but he's recorded nd produced so many hit albums

So yes, you can be a music producer without learning the piano or any other music instruments. You do not need to know piano to make beats, but obviously it will help. It will help in a couple different areas: Allow for quick improvisation of loops, and catchy parts.

Can I be a music producer when I don't know how to ... - Quora

Kanye is a musician that have been doing music for years. He understands music and rhythm. He might not know how to play piano so much, but he has some idea. You can Google his video where he was playing around with piano.
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Karleb(m): 8:11am On Aug 15, 2023
CLOWNED:

He doesn't need it.With just the basic 1456 progression and tonic solfa he is good to go.He can play the major scale.He doesn't even need a keyboard to use Fl studio..We don't need to drag abeg

If he wants to be an exceptional producer and artist, he should learn music theory joor.

If not, he might just be some of these guys that are scared of going to auditions.

But you are right tho, you don't need to know much about music, whether theory or pratical to produce. Those softwares were produced to make production very easy.
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by IhateRetards: 9:03am On Aug 15, 2023
CLOWNED:

How did you come about 1-5-6-4 chord progression without knowing that progression is part of music theory. Please help me understand where you learnt 1456 progression from?
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by darealsola(m): 10:27am On Aug 15, 2023
dwayne111:
Good morning good people of nairaland, I'm 28, i base in delta state(for now) and i'm hoping to start my career in show biz...so i'm looking to learn music production(preferably in lagos but i don't have anyone in lagos) I'm willing to pay any amount. i have passion for it and i'm a very fast learner and a computer literate.
bro we are almost in the same shoes and I feel we can have each others contact and brainstorm. I’m also new into production and honestly in about a month I’ve figured a lot out and having other guys into it will really always help us both. My contact is 07060462989 you can hit me on WhatsApp bro

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by SPAMBOX7: 11:55am On Aug 15, 2023
dwayne111:

I'm a very fast learner, just like i mentioned earlier but i don't have anyone in either lagos or abuja( though i'm familiar with both cos i'2ve once lived and worked in both)
Well you can't learn music production online. Imagine someone teaching you how to play keyboard online. How is that even possible lol. Na crap you go learn.
Same goes with music production

1 Like

Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by IhateRetards: 1:02pm On Aug 15, 2023
dwayne111:
Good morning good people of nairaland, I'm 28, i base in delta state(for now) and i'm hoping to start my career in show biz...so i'm looking to learn music production(preferably in lagos but i don't have anyone in lagos) I'm willing to pay any amount. i have passion for it and i'm a very fast learner and a computer literate.
Omo you will learn it by yourself by doing a lot of project because nobody can teach you but they can only guide you. That money you are going to take to Lagos am telling you your better off using it to buy equipment to upgrade yourself and invest in your self education because it's going to be a long journey. I am still learning this and it is extremely hard and I hope you learn ear training early because it will save you sometime. If you can learn through phone apps hit me up if your interested lemme help you with good habits that will save your life and make the journey easy.
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by darealsola(m): 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
IhateRetards:

Omo you will learn it by yourself by doing a lot of project because nobody can teach you but they can only guide you. That money you are going to take to Lagos am telling you your better off using it to buy equipment to upgrade yourself and invest in your self education because it's going to be a long journey. I am still learning this and it is extremely hard and I hope you learn ear training early because it will save you sometime. If you can learn through phone apps hit me up if your interested lemme help you with good habits that will save your life and make the journey easy.
Bro about the last paragraph I am interested sir and I’ll like if you can help me on it
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Enskynelson(m): 6:36am On Aug 16, 2023
richeeyo:
Get your tools yourself
Studio monitor speakers don't do Krks
Focusrite 2i4 Gen 2 with with a condenser mic and filter
Midi keyboard Akai mini (25 keys)
Head set
I believe you have a very good laptop at least i5 with nothing less than 8gb
Get FL STUDIO 20 PRODUCER EDITION (don't smoke crack grin grin)
Go to YouTube download class, then after 3months of self training go to were to learn
You wouldn't be looked down on
Cus by then you understand more than the basics
Fl studio cuz its very addictive and simple
Learn to flip samples too very important

For the bold, WHY? I have KRK and the pair have been great.

Secondly, I think following those online tutorials is easy when you have the fundamentals of keyboard. In FL Studio, every sound is played using the piano roll.
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by richeeyo(m): 9:47am On Aug 17, 2023
Enskynelson:

For the bold, WHY? I have KRK and the pair have been great.

Secondly, I think following those online tutorials is easy when you have the fundamentals of keyboard. In FL Studio, every sound is played using the piano roll.
Am not saying krk is bad, but its kinda of heavy on the low end compared to
The Yamaha hs, beringer, m audio and alesis
Make surr you listern to your favorite music on them to tune your hears for them
They good though but thats my personal opinion
The piano roll is easy to adapt to
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by richeeyo(m): 9:49am On Aug 17, 2023
IhateRetards:

You no lie bro
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by richeeyo(m): 9:51am On Aug 17, 2023
SPAMBOX7:
Well you can't learn music production online. Imagine someone teaching you how to play keyboard online. How is that even possible lol. Na crap you go learn.
Same goes with music production

Bro you can learn anything online
Those who created online classes for that are not dumb
Music of all things
Even way more complicated things are learned online
Every skill i have today in fl studio is based online
Its passion
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by richeeyo(m): 9:53am On Aug 17, 2023
CLOWNED:

You are rigth
In fl studio when you on piano roll its easy to drag to the rigth keys of you have a good ear for music, when it sounds right you know it
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Enskynelson(m): 11:08am On Aug 17, 2023
richeeyo:

Am not saying krk is bad, but its kinda of heavy on the low end compared to
The Yamaha hs, beringer, m audio and alesis
Make surr you listern to your favorite music on them to tune your hears for them
They good though but thats my personal opinion
The piano roll is easy to adapt to
If you really want to be a step ahead in music production, one need those skills. Unless you want to always be calling on pianist, bassists and guitarist to come help you. Even if you can do without the knowledge, it is highly advisable to have the knowledge.
Some KRKs are better than some M-Audios and even some Berlhringer. It just depends on the one you have. You don't expect your M-Audio you bought for 150k to be better than a KRK you got for 350k. Bottom line, what ever product you are going for, get a quality one. Most of the times, I don't get the ones I have never seen or know someone making use of it.
Check the comparison between Yamaha HS5 and Rokit 5 even though HS5 is more expensive.
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Ajibade123(m): 11:28am On Aug 17, 2023
nellyzkid:
Hello bro I am a music producer and I have been a music producer for 6 years now and still counting I have my own studio and I can give you guidelines and packs for your music production you can hit me up on 07067208134
Where is your location
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by richeeyo(m): 11:57am On Aug 17, 2023
Enskynelson:

If you really want to be a step ahead in music production, one need those skills. Unless you want to always be calling on pianist, bassists and guitarist to come help you. Even if you can do without the knowledge, it is highly advisable to have the knowledge.
Some KRKs are better than some M-Audios and even some Berlhringer. It just depends on the one you have. You don't expect your M-Audio you bought for 150k to be better than a KRK you got for 350k. Bottom line, what ever product you are going for, get a quality one. Most of the times, I don't get the ones I have never seen or know someone making use of it.
Check the comparison between Yamaha HS5 and Rokit 5 even though HS5 is more expensive.
I totally agree with you sir
The only thing that can make me buy a krk is if i have enough to buy the subs included,too expensive to import in Lagos here almost 1.1 for the 3set
Currently am expecting a fairly used Apollotwin mk 2,which is far better than 2i4 i currently use
Just the passion for now
Re: Advice Someone Who's About To Kickstart His Career In Music Production by Enskynelson(m): 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2023
richeeyo:

I totally agree with you sir
The only thing that can make me buy a krk is if i have enough to buy the subs included,too expensive to import in Lagos here almost 1.1 for the 3set
Currently am expecting a fairly used Apollotwin mk 2,which is far better than 2i4 i currently use
Just the passion for now
Apollo twin is ahead. My brother uses that in his studio.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ICAN Has Rejected Me Again / Women Lawyering In A Man’s World - Jennifer Ifunanya Ugwu / How Does One Deal With Indecisiveness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.