Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? (851 Views)

2023: Lady Dumps Her Boyfriend For Not Getting His PVC To Support Obi (Pix) / 2023 Presidency: Goodluck Jonathan Not Declaring - Reno Omokri / Ebenezer Babatope: I Asked Jonathan Not To Hand Over To Buhari In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by DomPerignon: 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2023
Can someone tell me why ?

I can understand why GEJ never aligned with Atiku's camp given how Atiku was one of those in the PDP that formed the nPDP that weakened the PDP before the elections .

Obasanjo not supporting Atiku and Tinubu is no brainer as both men are hated by Obasanjo.

But I have been scratching my head asking why GEJ did not align with Peter Obi given that Obi was heading GEJ's presidential campaign for the SE.

Can someone tell me why GEJ gave Obi's campaign a long berth ?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by Akacollins7: 12:30pm On Aug 12, 2023
Same here
Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2023
Gej knows Obi too well to fall for deceits, lies and propaganda

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by sleek214(m): 12:38pm On Aug 12, 2023
Because Obi is a Fraud. He has nothing to offer

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by MEEVEET: 12:38pm On Aug 12, 2023
DomPerignon:

I can understand why GEJ never aligned with Atiku's camp given how Atiku was one of those in the PDP that formed the nPDP that weakened the PDP before the elections .

Obasanjo not supporting Atiku and Tinubu is no brainer as both men are hated by Obasanjo.

But I have been scratching my head asking why GEJ did not align with Peter Obi given that Obi was heading GEJ's presidential campaign for the SE.

He doesn't want to do partisan politics anymore

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by DeepThroater: 12:39pm On Aug 12, 2023
IconicR:

That's true.

GEJ's campaign suffered in the SE because of Peter Obi who diverted huge sums allocated to him as head of the SE, GEJ campaign director.

Obi allienated other PDP politicians in the SE and pocketed most of the money meant for mobilization and campaigns

This is why the SE PDP never mobilised for GEJ in 2015 and they squarely laid the blame on Obi diverting much of the funds to his private accounts while claiming accountability.

GEJ found this out and since then has given Obi a large berth.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by Okoroawusa: 12:41pm On Aug 12, 2023
GEJ knew that Obi would not win the presidential election. Why support an obvious lost cause?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by meum: 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
You see this thing called politics? Nobody send you once their personal interest is at stake. Visiting Bubu back then frequently didn’t mean they aligned politically. It could have been based on personal interest being at stake. The key people that aligned & sacked him irrespective of where they left to aren’t supposed to be his friends but once interests are involved anything can happen.

So stop scratching your head 😁
Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by Chimezie198(m): 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2023
Anywhere belle face

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by seunmsg(m): 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2023
DomPerignon:

He knew quite well that Obi is not fit to be the president of a multiethnic and multi religious country like Nigeria. What’s the point supporting a bigot whose candidature is dead on arrival?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by Throwback: 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2023
seunmsg:

He knew quite well that Obi is not fit to be the president of a multiethnic and multi religious country like Nigeria. What’s the point supporting a bigot whose candidature is dead on arrival?

Obi's politics has always been about Igbos, Igbos, and Igbos, with a dash of Catholic superiority in his appointments in Anambra state.

Even in challenging Nasir el-Rufai for monitoring Anambra gubernatorial elections in 2013 as APC's deputy National Secretary and Head of the monitoring team, Obi clearly expressed a preference for an Anambra indigene or any other SouthEast Igbo, as the type of monitoring head that APC should have sent on the mission.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by mycar: 1:07pm On Aug 12, 2023
DomPerignon:

Because none of the politicians believed that any party can win an election without having Governors, Senators and Rep members.
They believed in the rigging machines of the State Governors

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by DeepThroater: 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2023
mycar:

Because none of the politicians believed that any party can win an election without having Governors, Senators and Rep members.
They believed in the rigging machines of the State Governors

You meant having political structures and not an online troll army

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by yarimo(m): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2023
Nobody will align with known loser and a criminal

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by dragunov: 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2023
seunmsg:

Kadoso Mutairu aka seunMmesomaSimonekpaGregoryobi!🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by Zooposki(f): 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2023
Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by adebayo987: 2:39pm On Aug 12, 2023
GEJ is a very liberal man and a man full of wisdom. After we kicked him out in 2015, if I were him, I'd relocate to another country. But his humbleness baffles me. If he wants to daint his uniform, let him start supporting any political ambitions. How many past presidents has been seriously engaged by incumbent administrations? Buhari was blaming all his policy problems on GEJ's administration, and despite that, he said no single attacking statement to Buhari or his administration. Instead, ge became an errand boy for Buhari in handling some foreign matters. Where we saw a similar thing was in the Bible.

So, I can't advise him with his high philosophical level of integrity to stain his white with black colour to support any party. I love his silence. It makes me respect him more than my baba BAT. I swear, this is the best way to run politics. Do your best and go to one corner to sit and if they need your help, be willing and freely give out your help. That's who (not what) GEJ is. He gently and humbly bowed out when Nigerians voted him out and brought in Buhari.

Maximum respect, Sir!

DomPerignon:

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by Kingnelson9: 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2023
DomPerignon:

That is because he is among those that doesn't want an Igbo man to rule Nigeria
But shame on him.

Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by keymatt(m): 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2023
IconicR:
Our dear agbado brother. Hope say you chop today grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:00pm On Aug 12, 2023
Only a low thinking politician will support obi

Politics is first about winning
Re: Why Did Jonathan Not Support Obi's Presidential Bid? by commoditiesnig: 4:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
Hmm.. interesting question

(1) (Reply)

SE Accused Of Many Crimes Not Committed By Them, See How / Wike Orders Demolition Of Popular Abuja Market / President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.