Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible (4329 Views)

Benin Republic Slams CFA 2M On Nigeria Cargoes In Retaliation For Border Closure / Subsidy Removal: Fuel Pump Price Rises To 800 CFA In Benin Republic – KPMG’ / Nigeria, 5 Other West African Countries Condemn Renaming Of CFA Franc To ECO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by Beenibroz(m): 12:38pm On Aug 12, 2023
Just some few years ago before the Buhari border closure wahala, if you change 10,000 naira to cfa franc you will get 30,000cfa franc.

As things started getting worse it got to a point 10,000 naira became equal to 10,000cfa franc and we thought things will get better.

However as of today if you change 10,000naira to cfa franc what you will get is about 6,000cfa franc. Can you imagine how bad our naira has fallen. As the dollar keeps rising that's the same way the naira keeps falling against the cfa franc.

We must pray that things get better for our country because we are slowly sinking but we don't know.

13 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by ivolt: 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2023
So France "slaves" using Cfa have a stronger currency than Naira?

6 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by Beenibroz(m): 12:53pm On Aug 12, 2023
ivolt:
So France "slaves" using Cfa have a stronger currency than Naira?

Exactly. They have turn Nigeria to the most backward country in Africa.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by a4cube: 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2023
I read somewhere that petrol is about to be 870 per litre.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by KwuoteYourFada: 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
And the iragbiji man is recruiting Nigerians to fight war

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by NzogbuNzogbu: 1:05pm On Aug 12, 2023
Let us wait for tinubu to give us Midas touch

He is first class accountant o, no forget

grin una go wait for four years and still be begging for another four but na 2027 una must leave that seat

4 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by BoldBrainz(m): 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2023
OP,
with all due respect, you're lying!

I am a Cross Riverian who has done plenty business across the borders of Cameroon, all the way into Douala and even had a brief stint in the capital city of Yaounde. I currently operate from Abuja and still conduct business with acquaintances in Cameroon. The last transfer I received was on Tuesday this week through the Orange funds exchange. The 21,000 francs I received translated to 19,700 naira. That means the naira still holds an edge over the francs.

Agreeably, about 5 weeks ago, the naira and the francs found a balance, then the francs leapfrogged naira by a small margin, but that disparity only lasted for about a week.

We all agree that the economy is in a terrible state, but please stop peddling lies to the reading public just to court sensationalism. I don't like Tinubu and his governance style, but I detest when people create facades of intended deceit.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2023
Buhari crashed the damn Economy with his Sharia inclined Nepotism and Looting

1 Like

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by LocalStandard1(m): 2:03pm On Aug 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:
OP,

I am a Cross Riverian who has done plenty business across the borders of Cameroon, all the way into Douala and even had a brief stint in the capital city of Yaounde. I currently operate from Abuja and still conduct business with acquaintances in Cameroon. The last transfer I received was on Tuesday this week through the Orange funds exchange. The 21,000 francs I received translated to 19,700 naira. That means the naira still holds an edge over the francs.

Agreeably, about 5 weeks ago, the naira and the francs found a balance, then the francs leapfrogged naira by a small margin, but that disparity only lasted for about a week.

We all agree that the economy is in a terrible state, but please stop peddling lies to the reading public just to court sensationalism. I don't like Tinubu and his governance style, but I detest when people create facades of intended deceit.

With all due respect it is you who is lying. I just checked it and the exchange rate is close to what he's saying. Even the Zimbabwean currency we love to put down is two times better than the Naira.

Drop your bigotry and political affiliation and start telling yourselves the truth, Nigeria is sinking. Don't be a lying ignoramus just to prove a false point!

23 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by LocalStandard1(m): 2:12pm On Aug 12, 2023
Only in Nigeria will people be using a phone to argue online without first using the same phone to confirm their statements first. The OP is right, shut your mouths and start telling yourselves the truth of the reality.

10 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by BoldBrainz(m): 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
LocalStandard1:

With all due respect it is you who is lying. I just checked it and the exchange rate is close to what he's saying. Even the Zimbabwean currency we love to put down is two times better than the Naira.

Drop your bigotry and political affiliation and start telling yourselves the truth, Nigeria is sinking. Don't be a lying ignoramus just to prove a false point!

You must be irredeemably stupid to quote me and resort to abuses. Where do you get off having the effrontery to believe you're in any place to insult because you're under the delusion that respect cannot be put in conversational exchanges on a faceless forum? Are you on cheap drugs?

I laid down detailed analysis of the exchange rates from five weeks ago to this Tuesday. Between that tuesday and today, the naira/dollar difference has seen a rise of approximately 130 naira. What makes you too dense to realise that same could have applied to the Cfa/naira situation? Even with the current shift in price ratio, the OP still lied when he claimed 10,000 cfa exchanged for 6,000 naira.

I ordinarily wouldn't have replied you, but your apparent lack of anything resembling civility, is way too nauseating to be ignored.

Idiot!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by kk2027: 2:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:
OP,

I also just checked uncle

Naira is now lower than cfa.
What a shame

9 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by kk2027: 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:
OP,

Naira is now lower than cfa. What a shame

7 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by LocalStandard1(m): 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:

You must be irredeemably stupid to quote me and resort to abuses. Where do you get off having the effrontery to believe you're in any place to insult because you're under the delusion that respect cannot be put in conversational exchanges on a faceless forum? Are you on cheap drugs?

I laid down detailed analysis of the exchange rates from five weeks ago to this Tuesday. Between that tuesday and today, the naira/dollar difference has seen a rise of approximately 130 naira. What makes you too dense to realise that same could have applied to the Cfa/naira situation? Even with the current shift in price ratio, the OP still lied when he claimed 10,000 cfa exchanged for 6,000 naira.

I ordinarily wouldn't have replied you, but your apparent lack of anything resembling civility, is way too nauseating to be ignored.
Idiot!
Idiot, who told you the OP lied? If you believe the OP lied then you too lied. One naira is 0.78 Franc Cfa which is far more than what you said and not up to what the OP wrote. As it is we will soon see the naira fall even more below what the OP wrote in the nearest future.

It is idiots like you that brought us to where we are today where people can't buy ordinary bread cause you said we doing better when it keeps getting worse. Idiot!

22 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by LocalStandard1(m): 2:47pm On Aug 12, 2023
kk2027:

Naira is now lower than cfa. What a shame

Don't mind the complete idiot BoldBrainz, soon the the Cfa will be twice as valuable as the naira, already the Zimbabwean currency is more than twice the value of the Naira. And this is one of the most sanctioned countries for longer than some of us were even born.

At what point do we start to tell ourselves the truth and start to educate ourselves and take actions, considering the number of likes the idiot got with the false long comment. Nigeria is really ignorant and stuck.

5 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by Sicilyjoe: 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:
OP,

The poster is talking about west african cfa not cemeroun cfa which is lesser

10 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by zyphr(m): 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:
OP,

Bro, I don't want to say you are lying. Please how were you able to get that rate? It sounds unbelievable. How much CFA does 1000 naira get you currently?

5 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by darocha1: 2:57pm On Aug 12, 2023
Beenibroz:
Just some few years ago before the Buhari border closure wahala, if you change 10,000 naira to cfa franc you will get 30,000cfa franc.

As things started getting worse it got to a point 10,000 naira became equal to 10,000cfa franc and we thought things will get better.

However as of today if you change 10,000naira to cfa franc what you will get is about 6,000cfa franc. Can you imagine how bad our naira has fallen. As the dollar keeps rising that's the same way the naira keeps falling against the cfa franc.

We must pray that things get better for our country because we are slowly sinking but we don't know.

INVALID CLAIM.

I crossed the boarder last night and I can confidently say this is very not true.

Maybe it was true some days ago. Even though I doubt that too but as of 11/12th Aug, the rate of n10,000 = 9,200/9450CFA

This has been the case since the Buhari Era.

2. It has nothing to do with boarder closure. The boarder closure was a good call, it really put a halt to so many things. Ranging from oil racket to human trafficking to food/automobile smuggling, even import bay was equally touched.

The bad call was that proper measures to reap good gains and poor data management was not put in place.

We can continue to shout Buhari or Tinubu or Obi or any of our leaders but continually derepping the only country we have will do no one good.

And this act is mostly done by persons who have no business, non tax paying, no investment, and no 2nd citizenship.

I miss the days of 5000 BIS when the internet space was contained by sane ones.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by darocha1: 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2023
They will abuse you and call you all sorts of names. Just watch them roll out in numbers and start quoting you.

1 Like

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by Beenibroz(m): 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Idiot!

I didn't lie, I just came back from Cotonou yesterday. The exchange rate of naira to the cfa franc is 10,000f to 6,000naira. They even said it was 6500 as at last week but today rate is what I exchanged so stop saying am lying.

10 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by Beenibroz(m): 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2023
darocha1:

INVALID CLAIM.

I crossed the boarder last night and I can confidently say this is very not true.

Maybe it was true some days ago. Even though I doubt that too but as of 11/12th Aug, the rate of n10,000 = 9,200/9450CFA

This has been the case since the Buhari Era.

2. It has nothing to do with boarder closure. The boarder closure was a good call, it really put a halt to so many things. Ranging from oil racket to human trafficking to food/automobile smuggling, even import bay was equally touched.

The bad call was that proper measures to reap good gains and poor data management was not put in place.

We can continue to shout Buhari or Tinubu or Obi or any of our leaders but continually derepping the only country we have will do no one good.

And this act is mostly done by persons who have no business, non tax paying, no investment, and no 2nd citizenship.

I miss the days of 5000 BIS when the internet space was contained by sane ones.

I also got back from Cotonou not long. There is no where they are changing naira to cfa at the rate you are calling. Go to Seme or Idiroko if you get 7,000cfa for 10,000 naira then it must be a miracle or the aboki just like you too much

3 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by papaeme: 3:31pm On Aug 12, 2023
I also checked,
Op is saying the truth

Please stop disgracing your......

BoldBrainz:
OP,

6 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by lilachiever(m): 3:49pm On Aug 12, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Don't mind the complete idiot BoldBrainz, soon the the Cfa will be twice as valuable as the naira, already the Zimbabwean currency is more than twice the value of the Naira. And this is one of the most sanctioned countries for longer than some of us were even born.

At what point do we start to tell ourselves the truth and start to educate ourselves and take actions, considering the number of likes the idiot got with the false long comment. Nigeria is really ignorant and stuck.

Stop quoting Zimbabwean dollars if you don't know the history.

It's still the worst currently even after multiple redrnomination (removing 0s)

3 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by Web2020: 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2023
Tinubu is the man they brought to destroy Nigeria kpatakpa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by lordizak(m): 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:
OP,

The op is very correct. I sent money to my sister yesterday.

6 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by Curious345: 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2023
Did tinubu come to destroy Nigeria?

Like buhari and now tinubu, apc is evil

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by DAGGER99(m): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2023
Op is saying the truth... My junior bro day Benin.. he chatted me.. laffin... Telling me that their currency is now better than our own.. he said there 100k is about 130k naira... E pain me Ohh [color=#000000][/color]

5 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by nonhuman(m): 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2023
BoldBrainz:
OP,

olodo typical akawacros man, who doesn't know that Cameron cfa is different from West African cfa, Cameron cfa is is weaker than west African CFA

2 Likes

Re: Naira To Cfa Franc Exchange Rate Now Very Terrible by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2023
Everyone wants to spend foreign currencies, no one want to improve power of our own currency including our politicians. It's ok.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should The President Resign? / FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! / Nairalander Attacked Fasola's Aide 'Lateef Raji' And Aregbesola's SSA [TWEET]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.