Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush (77344 Views)

Nigerian CEO Rewards JAMB Top Scorer Kamsiyochukwu Umeh With N2.5 Million(Photo) / Otedola Donates N2 Billion To Catholic's Augustine University, Lagos / Owerri Mega School Collapses After Rainfall; Was Slated For Commissioning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by aylipple: 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
Nigeria is literally one massive crime scene; you can't even begin to fathom the depth of the crimes committed.
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by Hotwest: 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
grin
The new governor should use it to shine by setting the logistics to run it in place...Simple as that
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by ariesbull: 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2023
grandstar:
I have heard of "bridges to nowhere."

Here we have "A school to nowhere."

A lot of wasteful projects plagued Aregbesola,s government. Another that comes to mind is "the Osun airport to nowhere." Many state governors too have plunged into it with absolutely nothing to show for it except they set a good example for deserted airports or chronically underutilized.

Yet more state governors want to tow the same line

Taaa it is not a wasteful project the truth is that the people of the state aren't interested in education

Give this school to a private person now ... They will market the school to non indigenes and they will fill it up

School are always located in remote places and have boarder facilities
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by KGREAT(m): 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2023
Nigerian politicians are wicked. This was abandoned because of personal interest to discredit Aregbesola administration.
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by Cooly100: 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2023
[quote author=spagettiluv post=125062294][/quote]

Yoruba ronu make we hear word...

https://www.com/3745320/man-caught-roasted-human-parts/1

Man Caught With Roasted Human Parts In Ogun State...
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by Flier: 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2023
Look like a completed project but not in use
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by Sheuns(m): 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2023
They should just sell it or lease it to a private school that can convert it to boarding and carry proper maintenance on it.
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by tunjijones(m): 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
a4cube:
What is the difference btw this and the railway in Lagos?.

Omo na true ooo.

Lagos state govt... What's up with the blue line rail. Wetin dey happen. I thought it was commissioned the other day. More than 9 months aho.

How come nobody is talking about it.
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by Reference(m): 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
pfadom:
Who's to blame for the abandonment? If the successive governments could not put it to excellent use, it means they have no serious consideration for education in the State.

The citizens are to blame.
A working democracy is like a restaurant visit.

The government is the restauranteur and you the citizen is the customer/patron.

You order what you want/need and then pay for the resulting service/product. So the office of the citizen is a serious one.

For there to be business the restaurant must have what the patron wants and the patron must have money to pay for the chow.

So contrary to what we popularly think. We the citizens own the resources, we the citizens know when we are hungry and we the citizens know what we prefer to eat. Almost everything about democracy is about the customer citizen. The only thing a government does in a democracy is to prepare and serve the meal.

So how it relates to the abandoned school is clear.

Who was hungry for a new school bullding, who paid for it (a meal that was not served) and how come the meal was abandoned half done in the kitchen. And now that it has been abandoned, is there still hunger....for the school project.

Can we see just how dysfunctional our kind of democratic governance is. Hunger swimming in the pool of waste. The problem being that the average Nigerian cannot picture his true position as a victim of his inability to take charge.
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by jojothaiv(m): 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
Usmanovic95:
Nigerians lack maintenance culture.We take proper care and maintenance of our private asset than we do on public asset.

Modified: This is a case of wastage of limited public funds,I just hope the sunk cost fallacy dont play out.
With it getting enough spot light, sunk cost fallacy will play out.

Our maintenance culture as a group of people is wack.
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by oluwaseyi0: 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2023
PureFace1:
I bet this is cause by the current government of Osun state

I don't know why Opposition party always abandoned the projects of their predecessors in Nigeria out of spite.

I blame Governor Adeleke for this.

it is actually more of APC Oyetola to blame

Oyetola came in immediately after Aregbesola but refused to continue Aregbe project through his tenure
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by sammiewrite(m): 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2023
It is easy to blame the successors who never put the facilities to good use but in reality, are most of these projects the most pressing needs of their host communities to start with?
Use your good office to attract investment to your state so that your youths can be employed and you in turn get more money by the way of taxes to run your government, they will say NO to that. Give loans to farmers and small scale business owners, they won't. Oya, improve security and power situation to make your people more productive, MBANU. They will rather go about embarking on bridges, roads, and other phantom projects that are not the most pressing needs of their people or host communities all because they want to use these sham projects for politicking but also because of the kickbacks.
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by grandstar(m): 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2023
ariesbull:

Taaa it is not a wasteful project the truth is that the people of the state aren't interested in education

Give this school to a private person now ... They will market the school to non indigenes and they will fill it up

School are always located in remote places and have boarder facilities

The money would have been better spent improving the quality of education overall in the state.

Lateef Jakande was criticized when as governor was building "uncompleted school" but the education provided there was fair.

These kind of magea schools don't sit well in a country where population growth is fast and budget revenues poor.

1 Like

Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by Chatham1: 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2023
This is indeed a monumental project but look at how the effort put forth were been wasted, Adeleke no try at all for dis one , Aregbe did his best and this project is huge indeed, oga ooooo, when are the easer going to be held accountable for their misdeed?
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by lyday60(m): 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2023
We lack maintenance culture. The man tried for Osun but it left for them to maintain it. Simple.
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by money121(m): 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2023
Usmanovic95:
Nigerians lack maintenance culture.We take proper care and maintenance of our private asset than we do on public asset.

Modified: This is a case of wastage of limited public funds,I just hope the sunk cost fallacy dont play out.

Africa lack maintenance
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by sasuke044: 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2023
I'm wondering who the 14folks that liked this your comments are. Two generation of governors before this man, and you're passing the blame on him. This Nairaland is truly worse.

PureFace1:

I don't know why Opposition party always abandoned the projects of their predecessors in Nigeria out of spite.

Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by joe1309: 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2023
a4cube:
What is the difference btw this and the railway in Lagos?.

what about southeast?
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by Cjayboy: 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2023
What's wrong with black man ?
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by Komu1048(m): 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2023
Jokerman:
Lol .. people wey no get brain... Who wan go school inside bush .

But but white elephant project anyway

Na u no get brain, when na only lagod una know. Most school in 80’s n 90’s both public n private were situated in the bush (reason they do have big compound n big playing ground) but una prefer room n parlour schools that litter the whole city. FYI most of aregbesola school r situated at the heart of town

1 Like

Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by OriOko88(m): 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2023
AlwaysPositive:
I weep for my country.

Some people will come and blame it on ibos.

Keep playing tribal cards, it will get to your doorsteps soon.
Whats happening differently in ibo land that wud make people not to blame ibos too? Is there any magic happening in that land? What's d fuss about ibo that we shud not blame them. Is governance any better over there? Getttat
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by frog12: 5:31pm On Aug 12, 2023
just wasteful. they like to boast a lot.

Cjayboy:
What's wrong with black man ?
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by juman(m): 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
Abandon the lofty buildings to rot away is wrong.

But we should remember that those schools were built despite many opposition from people in the states.
The one in iwo, turned to religious fight scenes.
Aregbe was a fighter governor, while the one that followed him tried to calm things down.
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by juman(m): 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2023
Adeleke is aregbe´s man, he should follow his foot step and use the schools.
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by nurudeen181(m): 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2023
this is amazing, should such be built in the north yet abandoned like this in a bush, they would have cart away with everything including the glasses o and tiles
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by ThatFairGuy1: 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2023
My Leader and Political mentor has done his own.

His predecessors even from same party who because of animosity destroying Aregbesola's legacy should be held responsible...

God bless my Leader and Political mentor, Ogbeni Abdu Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola Koserifin 1.
He's still loved by the masses
PureFace1:

Don't blame Adeleke, oyetola who was Aregbesola's SSG didn't touch his projects. Blame him

Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by juman(m): 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2023
Hi people!

It was oyetola that abandon it not adeleke.
Get your fact right.
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by ThatFairGuy1: 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2023
But you read that it is located thesame Iwo Grammer school land.

You know what that means
Jokerman:
Lol .. people wey no get brain... Who wan go school inside bush .

But but white elephant project anyway
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by juman(m): 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2023
When ambode behaved somehow tinubu adviced him, but he didnt listen.
When ambode continued in his abnormal behaviour, tinubu just sit down dey look.

It was aregbe and some others that removed ambode. But after they begged tinubu to allow them do that.
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by ThatFairGuy1: 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2023
Thank you.

yourshopkwikguy:
Aregbesola built world class schools in Osun state especially that Ilesha grammar school, no public school matches it's facilities in Lagos.
It's oyetola's fault and wickedness he allowed most aregbesola project rot away because of political differences.
SMH why are our leaders like this??
I really hope Adeleke sees this and pick it up
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by Blitzking: 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2023
Nigerian leaders should imbibe some qualities..research of projects before embarking on them...continuation of projects and maintenance so we don't end up wasting scarce resources. Roads/bridges/Drainage won't be maintened until its beyond maintenance.
Re: Osun Mega School Aregbesola Built With N2 billion Is Fading Away In The Bush by ThatFairGuy1: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2023
Oga go sidon... Stop saying what you don't know
wolebest:

Aregbesola made the schools his priority without consulting and carrying the people along.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chiwueze Kingsley: Missing IMSU Student Found Dead (Graphic Photo) / UNIBEN Student Kept All The Pens He Used Till Graduation (Photo) / Obi Mirabel: UNN Student To Be Expelled For Twerking In Bikini In A Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.