Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC (29298 Views)

Governor Hope Uzodinma Inspects Construction Of Oguta Naval Base / Insecurity: Cross River State Government To Establish Naval Base At UNICAL / Nigerian Navy To Build Warships For export To Other Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Generalmystic: 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

They can build as many as they want in Enugu my point is don't say it will cover Southeast because there are already established Naval operational base in Anambra and Imo through River Niger
I tell you
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Brek: 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Navy Operational bases should be along coastal lines of Nigeria's border States or where Ships and vessels operate and not intrastate rivers where fishermen go for daily business.

These men are trained to kill. They will go there and start harassing the villagers and fishermen.
Exactly
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by TERMlNATOR(m): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
@Seun call your moderators to other.

A particular moderator I don't want to mention his name but his a notorious tribalistic mod, always create post after I might have created a post, and close my thread saying the thread has been created.

hahahahaha
I don laugh tire grin grin grin
E no go pass mynd.
na only yorubas post dey make fp.
i miss lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Generalmystic: 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
TERMlNATOR:
hahahahaha
I don laugh tire grin grin grin
E no go pass mynd.
na only yorubas post dey make fp.
i miss lalasticlala
I didn't mention anybody's name oh, before he will close the thread and open another one.

Mynd44 I'm not the one that mentioned your name oh😂

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by TERMlNATOR(m): 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
I didn't mention anybody's name oh, before he will close the thread and open another one.
Mynd44 I'm not the one that mentioned your name oh
i dey fear him?
Nairaland have about 3m members.
Bet me, i alone is 30 percent of the 3 million grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Generalmystic: 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
Brek:

Exactly
Not true bro. "Policing" is ambiguous word in it's implementation and security isn't the exclusive work of the police.
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Generalmystic: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
TERMlNATOR:
i dey fear him?
Nairaland have about 3m members.
Bet me, i alone is 30 percent of the 3 million grin grin grin
🥰
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by dragunov: 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2023
seunmsg:
Igbo man taking naval base to his hometown. If na another person from another ethnicity, the usual suspect will start shouting nepotism.
Kadoso Mutairu aka seunmsg!😉😆😆😆😆😆

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by ObongBassey: 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2023
Wondering why posts like this doesn't make front page. @Nlfpmod this is a beautiful thread for frontpage
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by ObongBassey: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
⭕ The Nigerian Navy says it will establish an operational base in Enugu State to safeguard the security of lives and property by securing the state’s coastal areas.

â­• The Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Emmanuel Ogalla, disclosed this in Enugu on Thursday when he paid a courtesy visit to Governor Peter Mbah, at the Government House.

Ogalla commended Governor Peter Mbah for his "bold actions" in tackling the security challenges in the state upon his inauguration, saying he was impressed with the successes recorded in the very short period he had been in office.

He said: “The Nigerian Navy has three primary roles, which are first, the military duties, being the protection of this country's territorial integrity and sovereignty from the maritime domain. We have policing roles as well as diplomatic roles.

We have noticed that within this role of policing duties, we have not extended our functions to Enugu State, and we want to do that with your support.

“To this end, we plan to extend our operations to encompass and cover the broader spectrum of Enugu State, knowing that the state has a navigable river around Uzo Uwani.

"That river used to be a seaport during the colonial era, and it has been abandoned. We believe that if we can police that area, it will give assurances to investors, who will now invest in the development of that seaway for the benefit of the people of Enugu State.

“So, I want to seek your support as we make this bold initiative towards showing presence within that important seaway.

“Our operations there will be aimed at providing internal security operations both through area surveillance and patrol in such a manner that economic activities can thrive without hindrance."

Receiving the Chief of the Naval Staff to his home state, Mbah thanked President Bola Tinubu for appointing an 'Enugu son' to head the navy.

He described it as something of “immense value and significance, not just to the people of Enugu State, but to the entire South East region."

Mbah reiterated the state’s commitment to making Enugu the prime destination for investment, living, and tourism.

“I want to inform you that since that announcement of the ban on sit-at-home and declaration of war on insecurity, we have received tremendous support from the security agencies in our state, which is evident in the improvements in security and peace, which we are currently enjoying," he said

[b] Lauding the planned establishment of a naval operational base in the state, Mbah said the erroneous impression that Enugu was landlocked emanated from the underdevelopment of the state’s waterways, stressing that improved security in the coastal areas would change the narrative.

He said: “We know that some of us may be hearing for the first time that Enugu has navigable water because there is this erroneous perception that our state is a landlocked state. I am very happy that you made that clarification that indeed Enugu State, at some point, provided a veritable seaport for this country where goods and persons were moved from our land.

“So, I am happy the naval chief committed today that the Navy will establish an operational base in Enugu State. This is heartwarming for us, as this will support the fight against insecurity in Enugu, especially at that flank of our state.

“I want to assure you, on behalf of the government of Enugu State, that we are going to support you with all that is required to ensure the actualisation of your operational base." [/b]

Governor Mbah also urged the Chief of the Naval Staff to consider establishing a naval school and hospital in the state.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/08/10/nigerian-navy-establish-operational-base-enugu-over-insecurity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oEALt5v4pM
Good initiative

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by tsdarkside(m): 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2023
the river to the ocean doesnt automaticaly give you rights....
the state that the river pass through to the ocean has more say than you....

why is that soo hard for you igbos to understand....??
without nigeria,you can forget the ocean....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by toprealman: 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2023
Why not utilize the source? Why not Anambra?
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by jumper524(m): 7:22pm On Aug 12, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Are there external threats alongside those coastal areas? Definitely No, because these are not border States.

Nigerian Military should stop delving into the functions of the Nigerian Police Force.

Nigerian Soldiers are trained to kill and police are the only ones with the tendency to make peace and also prosecute criminals.
watin dis one dey talk?
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by JuanDeDios: 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
I'm lost here
grin
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2023
IconicR:
Nice one, Asiwaju is working. Asiwaju must rescue Nigeria whether Obi likes it or not.

Bleep your clittttttttt.
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Smartguyboy(m): 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2023
seunmsg:
Igbo man taking naval base to his hometown. If na another person from another ethnicity, the usual suspect will start shouting nepotism.
Don’t talk what you don’t know
Almost all Nigeria chief of staff have done the same. One even move army headquarters to Borno state and build army university in Borno state too.

Former Army chief of stuff was building the university in his community after spending billions he was remove from office the project is abandoned project now in Abia state.
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by SmartyPants(m): 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Are there external threats alongside those coastal areas? Definitely No, because these are not border States.

Nigerian Military should stop delving into the functions of the Nigerian Police Force.

Nigerian Soldiers are trained to kill and police are the only ones with the tendency to make peace and also prosecute criminals.

The Nigerian Armed Forces have a policing function.
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Typing: 7:27pm On Aug 12, 2023
Waste of resources. The East is landlocked.

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by chloride6: 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2023
Lmao
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by wittywriter: 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2023
Bestmanfornow:
There's already existing Naval base in Ogbaru/Onitsha

Exactly my thought when I saw the thread.

Wittyness
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Morbeta11(m): 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2023
Navy and Ipob..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by yemmywesey(m): 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2023
A very good intervention, at least the fisher men, traders, market women can be secured effectively. If there is a boat mishap the navy can rescue the civilians when they are signaled.
Navy hospital, secondary school, primary school, training institute and mammy markets etc will be more beneficial to the host riverine community and the environs.
Great job from the chief of Naval staff.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by BoldBrainz(m): 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2023
IconicR:
Nice one, Asiwaju is working. Asiwaju must rescue Nigeria whether Obi likes it or not.

Rose, you need to leave the house more often. Your brain needs air.
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by maticar: 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
Photos

Question ?
Judging from the video, the Ogurugu River Port is said to be used by the colonial masters.

â­•Is it navigable?

â­• What's the economic importance

if it was used by lugard and his damned cohorts, then it is navigable but will need dredging or whatever to make it servicable again
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by OkayDaddy: 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
toprealman:
Why not utilize the source? Why not Anambra?

Why are you Anambra people always jealous of others?
This is the same nonsense you did when NCDC cited its lab at Ebonyi.
Them swear for una?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by JOemmy(m): 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2023
seunmsg:

Everything must be tribalized in this forum didn't u read where he stated that they're no naval base in the middle belt and the east?
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by OChimex: 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oEALt5v4pM

https://saharareporters.com/2023/08/10/nigerian-navy-establish-operational-base-enugu-over-insecurity

Abeg make we hear word. Naval base, military base, fear go catch you say na real base. Na hunters camp wey be say bandit go just show fiam, overrun am.

Just say, they wan put up a swim pool cubana
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by maticar: 7:34pm On Aug 12, 2023
seunmsg:
others before him did it

its his turn, rest

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by OkayDaddy: 7:34pm On Aug 12, 2023
SmartyPants:

The Nigerian Armed Forces have a policing function.

If you do, why do they lack prosecutial lowers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Bobbiee: 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2023
seunmsg:

Well the North started it. The Yoruba perfected it. And the Igbo will do as everyone is doing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by BoldBrainz(m): 7:36pm On Aug 12, 2023
Generalmystic:
So the port in question is only for fishermen?.

Let's assume it's only for fishermen, does fishermen not deserve security?.

So interstate Waters are only good for fishing and not for movement of goods and services?

Now it feels like you're deliberately trying to misinterpret the words of that fellow. His/her last response to you was pretty self-explanatory. That you're quoting it and twisting the narrative to a different angle, smells like mischief on your part.
Re: Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC by Reference(m): 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
And who is going to pay for all that.
I just don't understand what is wrong with us. We just carry on as spending responsibly as if the economy is sound.

The cost of governance is choking the life blood out of this country and we don't need more government which are just cost centres and in most cases cash pits.

Does the Navy earn anything that it can spend to build a new base. No. So they should think out of the box to cover the security needs in that sector pending a time when government is bouyant enough to expand.

We must balance our books. The Naval Chief just has to accept that his tenure coincides with a trying period in Nigeria's economic sojourn and he will not get his hands on the treasury for his pet projects. It cannot be business as usual.

Nigeria should be spending it's bottom naira on investments that will cut our imports and dependence on the dollar or/and investments that will expand our forex earnings. Nothing.else is critical.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Family Is Safer In Nigeria Than In South Africa - South African Businessman / Adedotun Tejuoso, Funmilayo Tejuoso's Son Furious At Governor Ambode / NDA Attack: Major CL Datong Rescued, Many Bandits Neutralized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.