Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,212 members, 7,836,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? (12677 Views)

10 Countries With The Largest Number Of Christians- Statisense / Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen / Pictures Of Christians Celebrating Easter Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by phemmyfour: 11:55am On Aug 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

There wrong is in calling plucking to eat, "work" forgetting therefore that if that judgment is applied, then they are too are guilty for surely, they must use their hands to pluck food from the plate to eat, which according to them is work.

So, they should first arrest and punish themselves before they can arrest and punish anyone else.

So, again, there act was vain and a nullity.
lolz
You don't pluck food from the plate. Have you been to farm before?

Gathering of food is work Ex16:16-20

Eat it today," Moses said, "because today is a Sabbath to the LORD. You will not find any of it on the ground today.
Six days you are to gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will not be any."
Nevertheless, some of the people went out on the seventh day to gather it, but they found none.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by gbaskiboy: 11:56am On Aug 13, 2023
Person go hustle to fend for his family he go be wahala. If person na una go still cast am say he no dey work. If my employer pays me well and ask me come to Sundays no big deal. Most times some have high traffic of sales on sundays and they have to open shop to take advantage of that.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by BrazilianOG(m): 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nigerians are too religious. God no go kee you if you go work on sunday, true religion starts from the heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by miceroms: 12:14pm On Aug 13, 2023
There is a service to be rendered. So, let them do it.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by odonkoro: 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2023
How can a Christian preacher whose main working day is on Sundays be asking people not to go work on Sundays? In my own opinion, it is own way of advertising his/her means of livelihood so as to attract people to come and contribute money and other worldly materials for the growth of their mission. If you don't have money and connections, you have to outwork everyone; else you will suffer.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by frankson1(m): 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2023
Porksupplyib:

Smiles. I hope you know "going to church" isn't the same thing as "serving God"

Going to church is simply having communion with the one another. And sharing God's word to strengthen one another in the faith. It is not serving God.

Serving God is what you do all the days of the week. It is what you do with your life.

They're equating going to church as serving God or being a Christian.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by fineberry(m): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2023
Hope you're no longer in that job anymore my brother.
Vinnie2000:

They are mostly Victims of Circumstances. undecided

I remember in 2014 I was working as a Security Guard,
Na Everyday including Sunday I dey go work.😒

Even Pple who in Hotels, Shopping Malls, etc go to work on Sunday. 😕

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Tingotoe: 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:
I just wanted to ask this short quick question.
What do you think of Christians who goes to work or open their shops on Sunday?

My personal opinions are;
Except you’re a 7th Day Adventist Christian, a university student (probably needing to attend a tutorial) and a government worker e.g Health workers and Security outfits.
I believe God made Sunday for rest and he commanded it.

What is your own opinion?
And if I’m wrong, tell me why with scriptural references. Thanks in advance
I think they're hard working people
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by HRMK: 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2023
IT DEPENDS ON THE DAY EACH DENOMINATION PREFER OR BELIEVE TO BE THE SABATH DAY!THEY DONT GO TO WORK ON THEIR OWN SABATH BUT ATTEND CHURCH SERVICES ON THAT DAY!OTHERS WHO TAKE SUNDAY AS THEIR SABATH DO HOWEVER GO TO WORK AFTER THE SERVICE!THIS COULD BE DUE TO THE NATURE OF THEIR JOBS!!
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Chetas81(m): 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2023
Religion is an handcuffs to the black African citizen, who abandoned technology for the unknown miracle, you can see how we live behind the European and the western world
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by pepericozi: 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

Except you’re a 7th Day Adventist Christian, a university student (probably needing to attend a tutorial) and a government worker e.g Health workers and Security outfits.

Are you saying that Christians should not eat on Sunday.

Is it only Christians that should rest on Sunday.

What day of the week was asigned for Muslim to rest.

Foolish question

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by InvertedHammer: 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

/
Actually the sinners are those who go to work on Sabbath day (Saturday) if we choose to be honest to ourselves. But we are too focused on the Book written by other men in Medieval times that the whole world left us behind in 21st Century.

/
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Chetas81(m): 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Colossians 2:16

the author of Colossians 2:16 is unknown, till this minute, westerner's just handcuffs the citizen of this part of the world, advance nation have nothing to do with religion, but technology, which African citizen failed to developed their motherland with right technology
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Emmy000seun(m): 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2023
And even their are some country that Friday is their resting day while we work on Sunday..
EDOSBROWN:
Hardworking, nothing else
If u eat on Sunday, I see nothing wrong in working on Sunday

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by GOSPELTRUTH31: 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

They are hardworking people and Bible is proud of them as recorded in 1 Timothy 5:8
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by chipet67(m): 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2023
I work on Sundays and I only fellowship when I have the time.
This Sunday work, na God give me am.
With it, I pay my rent, feed myself and my family.
If church says otherwise, they should give me a higher and sustainable offer.
QED.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by tobore4u(m): 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2023
GboyegaD:
He who did not work is only inviting him(her)self to poverty. There's no big deal working on Sunday if your duty calls for it.
good afternoon sir. Pls can u assist me with a token? Salary is delayed and hunger doesn't know that. 3201591418 IKP COLL. First bank.

God bless u sir.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Esthered: 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2023
I'm currently at work as I signed it in my terms and conditions upon accepting the job offer. This is the source of the tithes I pay.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by ejimatic: 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

The Sabbath law was made between God and the Israel. With the death of Jesus Christ the Mosaic Law that included keeping of Sabath came to an end
Now christiains are free to work on Sunday before or after the Services . Christians are mo longer under the Mosaic Law.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Googledotcom: 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
Exodus 31:13-17

1-6th yea must work but on the seventh day you must rest even in the midst of harvest.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by FireUpNow(m): 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
Was Sunday made for man or man made for Sunday? The same question that the Pharisees asked Jesus Christ is what you are asking and talking about now.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
phemmyfour:
lolz
You don't pluck food from the plate. Have you been to farm before?.

Sure. I have one in front of me and the same way we pluck corn to eat is still the same way we pluck eba.

So, stop being a Pharisee and perverting judgment for we all know what work is and leisurely plucking fruits is not work.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by President2001(m): 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2023
They can't be judged some people nature of work is different from those that have time but not going to church
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by UtuokeAlcoholic: 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

Where are Christians asked to go to church on Sundays. Give me scriptural evidence

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by michoim(m): 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2023
EDOSBROWN:
Hardworking, nothing else
If u eat on Sunday, I see nothing wrong in working on Sunday
Laughable! Should have work enough for six days to cover up for the seventh day to remember your creator in fellowship with His people in Zion( the Church)...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by sunbreaker: 1:20pm On Aug 13, 2023
ahnie:
I work on Sundays,I don't miss it.
grin grin grin why not,when it is only day to service attention of your fiance
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by malaria(f): 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2023
Una still dey reason church
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by ejieddy: 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2023
Whatever you do, don't forsake the gathering of the brethren. Let your work be necessary and unavoidable to miss fellowship. Let it also afford you time to still fellowship every other Sunday.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Whobedatte(m): 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2023
Reminds me of when I started working in 2004
Me wey be Sunday church addict . My Hod did weekend roaster and slam me for morning duty 7am -7pm
Omo , e get some work you go jam Ehnnn , even if you Dey off duty on Sunday , you go use am rest ni .. especially all these factory jobs
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Vinnie2000(m): 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2023
fineberry:
Hope you're no longer in that job anymore my brother.

Dat was 9 years ago.

Na ASUU strike carry me go do the Job. sad
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2023
god of men & Men of God work on Sundays...

collection of tithes & offerings na work!

cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Infallibility Question / Lets Talk About Wedding/engagement Rings / How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.