Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? (12634 Views)

10 Countries With The Largest Number Of Christians- Statisense / Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen / Pictures Of Christians Celebrating Easter Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by phemmyfour: 10:43am On Aug 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Thanks. I saw this and this cannot be reasonably classified as work either.
You are on your own . Even the Pharisees called it "work".

1At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. 2When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, “Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Trying2BeStronG: 10:44am On Aug 13, 2023
What do you want to think of them? My last two jobs didn't give any chance to attend Sunday service. With the first one being a customer service job with two off days but not fixed while the second job I had just one off day which was Wednesdays. The latter, I was earning not less than 600k and it's a company job. When you see money wey meet your need, you go surely work

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by barinedan(m): 10:46am On Aug 13, 2023
If it is essential service, nothing is wrong with it, if you are a shop owner or private business at least after service, you can open your shop nothing wrong with it as well
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Fairview1: 10:49am On Aug 13, 2023
What is Sunday?
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:50am On Aug 13, 2023
Uchesis:

Even if the person has God, it doesn't mean God will throw money down from heaven for him because he didn't work on a sunday. Allow people that want to work on sunday to work.

That is where the difference lies. A person who has found God shall be blessed in his work for he shall work, in the days of work and God shall show him and shock him and surprise with shocking bountiful harvests.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Uchesis: 10:54am On Aug 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

That is where the difference lies. A person who has found God shall be blessed in his work for he shall work, in the days of work and God shall show him and shock him and surprise with shocking bountiful harvests.
Should he work on sundays, yes or no?
Stop beating about the bush
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by countryman13: 10:55am On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:
I just wanted to ask this short quick question.
What do you think of Christians who goes to work or open their shops on Sunday?

My personal opinions are;
Except you’re a 7th Day Adventist Christian, a university student (probably needing to attend a tutorial) and a government worker e.g Health workers and Security outfits.
I believe God made Sunday for rest and he commanded it.

What is your own opinion?
And if I’m wrong, tell me why with scriptural references. Thanks in advance
U are not wrong but there are some jobs that demand u to be at work on Sunday especially shift work. ME like ds dey work till tomorrow morning by d grace of d Almighty God.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:01am On Aug 13, 2023
phemmyfour:
You are on your own . Even the Pharisees called it "work".

Everyone knows not to go to the Pharisees for judgments and we all see that they bent The Law so that they could say that Christ has done a wrong.

But by the standards of good judgment, this does not qualify as work, which is why even you did not judge it work but merely repeated that those who had a murderous interest of finding a reason to kill Christ called it so.

Proving that no just and reasonable person wiil ever call it work.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by frankson1(m): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2023
BirtherOfKings:
Look for another job quickly by asking for the help of the Holy Spirit, still keep working but attend church online every Sunday..if u are catholic..u can attend first mass or evening mass

Remember wen I use to work for jumia customer service, started serious prayer to stop Sunday work and got another work after a few months.

You used to work for Jumia and not for any of the Upstream or Downstream sectors or company with huge pay package.

That's by the way, I don't see any wrong working on Sundays when called. Sunday works are usually urgent or emergency.

Besides, I don't see why people attach too much importance to Sundays alone and the rest of the days of the week can be messed with.

Who is it always about Sunday services and mid-week services and other church programs within the week.

Let's serve God and not follow RELIGION
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:07am On Aug 13, 2023
Uchesis:

Should he work on sundays, yes or no?
Stop beating about the bush

I have already answered it here. You are free to work on Sunday.

And I add that you can work and rest on any day, however, YOU MUST NOT WORK ON THE SABBATH DAYS.

And people are not paying attention that there are many sabbaths to be obeyed, not just the Sabbath of the 7th day.

But as usual, people never listen to God not to talk of doing as they please, then they wonder why God never hears them. But no problem, na dem go carry dia problem for head.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Nwaelohim: 11:08am On Aug 13, 2023
Poverty motivated post, just imagine what religion has done to Nigerians, we are discussing days to work as a Christian, your pastor is already working on that same Sunday that’s why you are in church, what’s your pastor job? Lazy people hiding behind religion to justify their poverty mindset
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Uchesis: 11:09am On Aug 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I have already answered it here. You are free to work on Sunday.

And I add that you can work and rest on any day, however, YOU MUST NOT WORK ON THE SABBATH DAYS.

And people are not paying attention that there are many sabbaths to be obeyed, not just the Sabbath of the 7th day.

But as usual, people never listen to God not to talk of doing as they please, then they wonder why God never hears them. But no problem, na dem go carry dia problem for head.

WHICH DAY IN PARTICULAR IS THE SABBATH DAY? AND I NEED PROOF OF YOUR ANSWER PLS
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Fullfledged(m): 11:10am On Aug 13, 2023
The main thing is do what is right always, whether on a Sunday or any other day. If your work demands that you go on Sundays, by all means go. No one should judge you of the Sabbath days - Colossians 2:16.
Do to others as you would want them do to you.
Love God above all things and love your neighbour as yourself.
Jesus Christ is the Lord of the Sabbath!
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 13, 2023
Maynman:

Your Sun-Day is from Roman Catholic.

Different doctrine everywhere.....
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Anabosee(m): 11:18am On Aug 13, 2023
If transport workers don't go to work on Sundays, you and your family and friends will trek to and fro from ur church or mosque or shrine.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by dokkyelele(f): 11:23am On Aug 13, 2023
I really don't have personal opinions or beliefs. However, I can provide you with information on this topic.

For Christians, Sunday is considered a holy day and is traditionally observed as a day of rest and worship. Many Christians choose not to work on Sundays in order to attend religious services and spend time with their families. However, it is important to note that not all Christians adhere to this practice, as work schedules and cultural norms vary across different regions and individuals. Ultimately, the decision to work on Sundays is a personal choice influenced by one's faith, work requirements, and personal circumstances.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by HoneySwag(f): 11:23am On Aug 13, 2023
There's nothing wrong in missing out on church activities on Sundays because of your work. It's only wrong when you don't meet up on other days' church activities when you have the chance to.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:24am On Aug 13, 2023
Uchesis:

WHICH DAY IN PARTICULAR IS THE SABBATH DAY? AND I NEED PROOF OF YOUR ANSWER PLS

There are many sabbaths. The most popular one is the Sabbath of the 7th day what is now called Saturday which everyone knows.

But there are other Sabbaths like July is a Sabbath month and it had about 3 or 4 sabbaths of which one of them fell on a Monday. Leviticus 23:23-36
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by phemmyfour: 11:25am On Aug 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Everyone knows not to go to the Pharisees for judgments and we all see that they bent The Law so that they could say that Christ has done a wrong.

But by the standards of good judgment, this does ot qualify as work, which is why even you did not judge it work but merely repeated that those who had a murderous interest of finding a reason to kill Christ called it so.

Proving that no just and reasonable person wiil ever call it work.
Did Jesus replied the Pharisees that they bent the law or wrongly classified his disciples action? Please restrict yourself to the scriptures. Even Jesus didn't tell them that they were wrong. When you start using your head and logic to explain scriptures, you are bound to fall into more error.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by BirtherOfKings(f): 11:27am On Aug 13, 2023
frankson1:

You used to work for Jumia and not for any of the Upstream or Downstream sectors or company with huge pay package.

That's by the way, I don't see any wrong working on Sundays when called. Sunday works are usually urgent or emergency.

Besides, I don't see why people attach too much importance to Sundays alone and the rest of the days of the week can be messed with.

Who is it always about Sunday services and mid-week services and other church programs within the week.

Let's serve God and not follow RELIGION
You are entitled to your own opinion
I want to be transformed and d best place to work on that is by being in church, besides most of the rich people I know don't work on Sunday instead they engage in light reading or even sport activities so watch your utterances Abt serving religion
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by elevated2: 11:28am On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

Except you’re a 7th Day Adventist Christian, a university student (probably needing to attend a tutorial) and a government worker e.g Health workers and Security outfits.

You would have gotten an answer from my side if you asked about Saturday which is the Sabbath.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:33am On Aug 13, 2023
shogotermies:

where in the bible did you see that God made sunday as a day of rest?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by DiamondPant(f): 11:34am On Aug 13, 2023
Heaven will be very scanty.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Pauliaette(m): 11:37am On Aug 13, 2023
Due to current situation in Nigeria, one needs to work all round the clock because the high cost of living is too much...
Worship and rest day is Sunday but for I always go to church first before engaging in any work. Bro bills is too much for me these days grin grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Tygaking: 11:37am On Aug 13, 2023
Most people that work on Sundays are not always okay financially... especially those business owners,you won't even see that extra money you are looking,you get loope holes in your life.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by itsene: 11:39am On Aug 13, 2023
What do you think about Jesus Christ that did miracle work on Sabbath?
Christ indeed answered the question!
You hypocrites...
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:40am On Aug 13, 2023
phemmyfour:
Did Jesus replied the Pharisees that they bent the law or wrongly classified his disciples action? ...

Did He need to? Are there not many ways to address an issue?

The most important thing is that we all know when a judgment is Wrong and the Pharisees judgment here was very wrong and untrue and unjust for it is lawful to eat on the Sabbath day and in this case to eat they required plucking exactly as spooning rice to eat.

And i know that you would scream that it is unjust for anyone to say that it is work and breach of the Sabbath if they saw you eating rice with your spoon on the Sabbath day.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by phemmyfour: 11:46am On Aug 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Did He need to? Are there not many ways to address an issue?

The most important thing is that we all know when a judgment is Wrong and the Pharisees judgment here was very wrong and untrue and unjust for it is lawful to eat on the Sabbath day and in this case to eat they.required plucking exactly as spooning rice to eat
Read the passage with an open mind . The Pharisees didn't accuse the disciples of eating on the Sabbath day
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by GanagiBitrus: 11:47am On Aug 13, 2023
Porksupplyib:

Smiles... Maybe you need to read what you wrote again.

"Christianity is not against going to work on Sundays, so it's not a sin.
But anything that will deprive you time to effectively serve God is a sin."

So what was that above statement implying?
It means & implies you can still effectively serve God other days of the week.
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Benwallt(m): 11:50am On Aug 13, 2023
Is a Christian working for herbalist for money justified?
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by frankson1(m): 11:50am On Aug 13, 2023
BirtherOfKings:

You are entitled to your own opinion
I want to be transformed and d best place to work on that is by being in church, besides most of the rich people I know don't work on Sunday instead they engage in light reading or even sport activities so watch your utterances Abt serving religion

I'm not talking about rich people here but people who are called out for work or their job demand them to be at their offices on Sundays. I also have and worked with top Bosses who have been called for work on Sundays. This doesn't make them evil, neither is it a criteria for being saved. I've met Pastors and church Elders in locations on Sundays and it doesn't change anything.

Large majority of Christians are a very RELIGIOUS people and this doesn't lead to the type of transformation you mentioned.

A typical RELIGIOUS person is blind to the real truth about God. So know the difference between serving God and following RELIGION.

Again, we should also focus on Mid-week services and other church programs too and not just Sundays only.

WICKED PEOPLE STILL FULL CHURCH and I'm not saying I'm a saint!!!
Re: What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:51am On Aug 13, 2023
phemmyfour:
Read the passage with an open mind . The Pharisees didn't accuse the disciples of eating on the Sabbath day

Their wrong is in calling plucking to eat, "work" forgetting therefore that if that judgment is applied, then they are too are guilty for surely, they must use their hands to pluck food from the plate to eat, which according to them is work.

So, they should first arrest and punish themselves before they can arrest and punish anyone else.

So, again, their act was vain and a nullity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

William Kumuyi Celebrates His 77th Birthday Today / Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? / #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.