Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu (27670 Views)

Edo Deputy Governor Shaibu Begs Obaseki For Forgiveness / Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu, Attempts To Force His Way Into Governor's Office / Obaseki: My Convoy Was Attacked In Oshiomhole’s Ward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by AmotekunSW: 6:01am On Aug 13, 2023
IconicR:
You must sha marry this year, I'm off to the mountains in that regards.

May you never come back
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:07am On Aug 13, 2023
IconicR:
Mynd44 if you were married you won't be here moving topics to front page by this time that you should be cuddling your wife. Go And Marry oga moderator
dis one enter!
grin

1 Like

Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:12am On Aug 13, 2023
Mynd44:

Find me one na.

Don't derail further please……if you want to drag my singleness, open a thread to marry me off. cheesy
we have Candidlady, JennyClay, we have FutureIsFemale, we have em sapphire ati em... ki lan pé d other one sè? ehm.... Ooo!

am coming lemme get d remaining list!

2 Likes

Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by onatisi(m): 6:16am On Aug 13, 2023
if truly the deputy governor had no hidden bad selfish intentions, he should have gone to see the governor personally long ago and resolved all these issues with him . by not going to meet the governor to explain things and patch up with the governor simply means he is above someone that the governor can rebuke or dictate too, no matter what your boss is your boss.
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by rasco2000me: 6:20am On Aug 13, 2023
The obaseki is a betrayal,he wants to stand against the man who stood by him despite a the opportunity for shiabu to move on,if you allow opposition to take over oshomale will make sure you suffer
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 13, 2023
Aboks:

laff wan kill me die, dem dey even pay am as moderator

I cant be suffering myself for something that has no gain

moderator na work ne ? how much is his monthly salary

for this cold weather wey man suppose climb mountain na em I go dey move topic to front page

aye le ooo ibosi o
I want to connect him with my friend virginprincess. I will discuss it with her later, we really need to marry him off. 😂
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by aswani(m): 6:35am On Aug 13, 2023
tishbite42:
I'm not interested in any cock and rooster story
Edo Central for Governor

Like Obidients found out, you won't get anything by force or gazelle gra gra. This is true in Edo state as North and South can easily combine against you to fence you away from the post.

Esan people, reach out to others and stay humble is the surest way to get what you want. As you can see already, none of the Parties currently have Esan agenda on their mind anymore .

4 Likes

Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by UbanmeUdie: 6:35am On Aug 13, 2023
shocked
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by tishbite42: 6:41am On Aug 13, 2023
aswani:

Like Obidients found out, you won't get anything by force or gazelle gra gra. This is true in Edo state as North and South can easily combine against you to fence you away from the post.

Esan people, reach out to others and stay humble is the surest way to get what you want. As you can see already, none of the Parties currently have Esan agenda on their mind anymore .
Me na Asaba boy
I hate injustice
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by Bellotelli: 6:47am On Aug 13, 2023
If not for the Nigeria's loop sided and faulty system of government, i don't know why it's always the function of the executive to determine who constitutes the leadership of the legislative arm. Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by ttobizz(m): 6:54am On Aug 13, 2023
DenreleDave:

You are now a saint abi. Where you not part of the people instigating Edo no be Lagos mantra, so now you are excluding yourself...?

My advice to Edo people:

The people of Edo should know how to care about themselves first before they think of any other tribe be it Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa...

Will you just shut your filthy trap, whatever gives you the right to interfere in Edo matters?

Surely Edo nor be lagos and my people can never be enslaved under one man .

What people has failed to see is the transparency and humility between the governor and his deputy, while the governor has decided to explain to Edo people the reasons behind their rift, the deputy governor has responded by singing praises of his Boss while explaining how some political jobbers could be responsible for the miss understanding.

We are Edos, it's an Edo matter, we're still observing the situation. If it means a complete overhaul, we overhaul, if what it needs is some modification, we modify. In the end, no "baba will so pe"
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by SledgeHammerer: 6:56am On Aug 13, 2023
Nwodosis:
The Governor and his deputy are shying away from the truth! Shaibu wants to succeed Obaseki and Obaseki says "NO".

This is the summary of their fight. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by SledgeHammerer: 6:57am On Aug 13, 2023
Two old men engaging in self deceit
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by ttobizz(m): 6:58am On Aug 13, 2023
Chinjo2:

Are you saying other senatorial zones don't have what it takes to produce governors in Edo state?
In case you don't know, Edo has three senatorial zones. Edo South, Edo Central and Edo North.

1. Edo South has produced Igbinedion (8 years), Obaseki (7 years plus)
2. Edo Central produced Osunbor but his victory was upturned after a year in office.
3. Edo North produced Oshiomhole (8 years)

Looking at this breakdown, are you saying Edo central does not deserve to produce the next governor? Or are you saying there are no competent people from Edo Central to govern the state?

Shaibu is just being greedy and selfish. After 18 years in government what else does he want? House of Assembly for 8 years, House of reps 18 months, Deputy Governor 7 years and still counting.

It is the need for inclusiveness that made leaders of thought to opt for rotational presidency.

Till tomorrow, Edo can never be Lagos where one man from another state sit somewhere to decide the destiny of indigenes. Baba sope, baba sope.

My surprise is that, people not from Edo state are the ones taking this issue personal. They must be so pained about the outcome of the last presidential election results from the state
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by Passionnn: 7:00am On Aug 13, 2023
Nwodosis:
The Governor and his deputy are shying away from the truth! Shaibu wants to succeed Obaseki and Obaseki says "NO".
That is definitely the crux of the matter.

1 Like

Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by DenreleDave(m): 7:09am On Aug 13, 2023
ttobizz:

Will you just shut your filthy trap, whatever gives you the right to interfere in Edo matters?

Surely Edo nor be lagos and my people can never be enslaved under one man .

What people has failed to see is the transparency and humility between the governor and his deputy, while the governor has decided to explain to Edo people the reasons behind their rift, the deputy governor has responded by singing praises of his Boss while explaining how some political jobbers could be responsible for the miss understanding.

We are Edos, it's an Edo matter, we're still observing the situation. If it means a complete overhaul, we overhaul, if what it needs is some modification, we modify. In the end, no "baba will so pe"

U go explain tire

Street light celebration grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by ttobizz(m): 7:11am On Aug 13, 2023
AmadeGTG:
Dear nairalanders.

Do you have a hairline that is backsliding like Michael Jackson 🕺 ?. Do you put on cap to cover your receding hairline. ?
Are you below 43 and already developing bald hair ? If this is you let me help you today. I have a hair solution that works, made out of veg, fruits, spirit and oils. I can show you how it’s been prepared and you will make it YOURSELF at home. I charge 1200naira for my recipe and it works like magic. See my WhatsApp number on bio
omo my bald don start since I was 19yrs. My case is different grin
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by muykem: 7:21am On Aug 13, 2023
Who approached federal high Court to prevent impeachment? The same fifth-columnist I guess.
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by AmadeGTG: 7:22am On Aug 13, 2023
ttobizz:
omo my bald don start since I was 19yrs. My case is different grin

It will help you. Give it a try
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by Thislifesef: 7:27am On Aug 13, 2023
Chinjo2:

Are you saying other senatorial zones don't have what it takes to produce governors in Edo state?
In case you don't know, Edo has three senatorial zones. Edo South, Edo Central and Edo North.

1. Edo South has produced Igbinedion (8 years), Obaseki (7 years plus)
2. Edo Central produced Osunbor but his victory was upturned after a year in office.
3. Edo North produced Oshiomhole (8 years)

Looking at this breakdown, are you saying Edo central does not deserve to produce the next governor? Or are you saying there are no competent people from Edo Central to govern the state?

Shaibu is just being greedy and selfish. After 18 years in government what else does he want? House of Assembly for 8 years, House of reps 18 months, Deputy Governor 7 years and still counting.

It is the need for inclusiveness that made leaders of thought to opt for rotational presidency.

Till tomorrow, Edo can never be Lagos where one man from another state sit somewhere to decide the destiny of indigenes. Baba sope, baba sope.
I am from edo central.
Nigeria politics is not "it is my turn", if you believe it is your turn, you play the game and get what you want.
It is sad that except Edo central align with another region we cannot produce a governor in edo state being that we are the smallest region.

As unfortunate as is it, if any candidate can Win edo South and North, the central is irrelevant, same thing with the south eastern part of nigeria.

If pdp brings forth an esan man, I see APC fielding a bini man, by this they can have edo north in the bag due to oshiomhole factor and the bini people will go for their son because they wouldn't jettison the ideal and opportunity of being in power for 16 years.

Politics is a game and not turn by turn mathematics.
Same thing played out in rivers, kaduna and about happening in kogi too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by josite: 7:40am On Aug 13, 2023
Bobloco:
•Says gov is victim of political jobbers

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/alleged-coup-against-obaseki-my-story-deputy-governor-shaibu/amp/

He was on his way when the Chief of Staff to the governor called that the governor needed his attention in Benin.

did he aborted the trip and reported at the governor's office.if no.guilty as charged
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by Amebo123: 7:41am On Aug 13, 2023
What i read is two of them struggling to impose the Speaker on the house. Exactly what they accused Oshio baba of.
Godfatherism
Fear Nigeria Politicians they are all idiots

Bobloco:
•Says gov is victim of political jobbers

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/alleged-coup-against-obaseki-my-story-deputy-governor-shaibu/amp/

1 Like

Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by kayusely70(m): 7:46am On Aug 13, 2023
ecolime:
The story of two traitors
You've spoken very well and intelligently too!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by 3RNEST(m): 8:02am On Aug 13, 2023
Mynd44:

Find me one na.

Don't derail further please……if you want to drag my singleness, open a thread to marry me off. cheesy
grin grin
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by 3RNEST(m): 8:03am On Aug 13, 2023
IconicR:
Mynd44 if you were married you won't be here moving topics to front page by this time that you should be cuddling your wife. Go And Marry oga moderator
grin grin
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by BigRocky: 8:05am On Aug 13, 2023
DenreleDave:
Coup and counter coup for Edo. A state where the deputy and his governor are at logger head, how can they progress?

All these will lead to the detriment of Edo people but even Edo people don't care as long as they keep shouting

The other time, Edo people were celebrating on nairaland for ordinary street light and I shook my head cry cry cry cry

If i were to be from Edo, I would wish Edo be like Lagos even though Lagos isn't perfect and it is till developing

Edo people should not allow themselves to be played in between the majority tribes war.

You should wish Lagos to be like Dubai, Cairo, Paris and other big cities around the world..
The allocation and internally generated revenue is the biggest in Nigeria if am not mistaking.
Still Lagos is one of the most unliveable cities in the world.

Edo no be Lagos..we choose our leaders.
Tinubu or wike or oshiomole cannot choose for us.
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by BigRocky: 8:09am On Aug 13, 2023
richie240:
When you made life a hell for your mentor (osho-baba) did u 'tell us ur story'?

We are not interested.
Tell ur tales to obidients, perhaps they'll have listening ears, after all......
#'4+4 togba'
#'Edo nor be lagos'
cool

Stop crying.
Edo is not Lagos and it was proven in the last election.

Wike and tinubu cannot choose a leader for us.
Edo no be lagos
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by BigRocky: 8:12am On Aug 13, 2023
Racoon:
After Edo no be Lagos, it is now a coup within a coup

I expected you to be better informed than this.
There is no crime in electing your governor without godfatherism involvement

Edo no be Lagos
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by virginprincess(f): 8:12am On Aug 13, 2023
[quote author=IconicR post=125072724] I want to connect him with my friend virginprincess. I will discuss it with her later, we really need to marry him off.
Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by ttobizz(m): 8:31am On Aug 13, 2023
DenreleDave:

U go explain tire

Street light celebration grin grin

1. 40k minimum wage
2. Payment of salaries as and when due
3. Human capital development
4. Paying up state owed debt borrowed by your holy adopted son Osho
Obaseki is not trading our future for his personal gratification.

Edo for Edos
Edo nor be Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Alleged ‘Coup’ Against Obaseki: My Story – Deputy Governor, Shaibu by Reference(m): 8:37am On Aug 13, 2023
Bellotelli:
If not for the Nigeria's loop sided and faulty system of government, i don't know why it's always the function of the executive to determine who constitutes the leadership of the legislative arm. Smh

The black man is feudal in nature. He cannot let go of his traditions so subconsciously mixes or misconcepts democracy with monarchial systems of governance where power, sovereignty and justice lies with the lead.

He cannot understand the concept of a balance of power and the interplay of forces that generate development out of it. It is all ignorance. Costly ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts / Femi Adesina's Sister Dies In Auto Accident / Fayose To Inaugurate EGEM, Ekiti Grazing Enforcement Marshalls Against Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.