Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? (5637 Views)

The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin / Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. / Man Carries Cross In V.I, Lagos To Apologise To Jesus For Sinning Against Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by Kobojunkie: 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2023
tctrills:
There is 100% connection. If you don't believe the words of his apostles then you are not his follower.
John 17.20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me
So, Jesus Christ, the Law and Truth His followers are called to abide and live by, never said any of what you pretend at all? undecided

P.S. Baptism( born-again) is the only way to partake of the Kingdom of God, become set free from slavery to sin and attain holiness which makes forgiveness of sins available to one. So it is right to state that Baptism is for the forgiveness of sins. undecided
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by tctrills: 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, Jesus Christ, the Law and Truth His followers are called to abide and live by, never said any of what you pretend at all? undecided

First his apostles said it and that is good enough for we his followers. He wants us to believe the words of his apostles and what he desires, we do.
Secondly Jesus never said the things you pretend. He never said that you don't receive forgiveness through baptism. You made that up completely.
So who do we believe you, a nobody or the apostles?
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by helicoptarr: 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nope!!!

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Galatians 6⁷

Therefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Philippians 2¹²
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by Kobojunkie: 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2023
tctrills:
■ First his apostles said it and that is good enough for we his followers. He wants us to believe the words of his apostles and what he desires, we do.
Secondly Jesus never said the things you pretend. He never said that you don't receive forgiveness through baptism. You made that up completely.
So who do we believe you, a nobody or the apostles?
Again, So, Jesus Christ, the Law and Truth His followers are called to abide and live by, never said any of what you pretend at all? undecided

P.S. Baptism( born-again) is the only way to partake of the Kingdom of God, become set free from slavery to sin and attain holiness which makes forgiveness of sins available to one. So it is right to state that Baptism is for the forgiveness of sins. undecided
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by tctrills: 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again, So, Jesus Christ, the Law and Truth His followers are called to abide and live by, never said any of what you pretend at all? undecided

Jesus Christ never said that baptism does not give forginess of sin. You are the first person saying it. Who do we believe, you or the apostles?
Now Jesus Christ taught that those that believe and are baptized would be saved. This should answer your question. Are you clear now?
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by riczy(m): 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
Righteousness over to u!
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by Kobojunkie: 2:14pm On Aug 13, 2023
tctrills:
Jesus Christ never said that baptism does not give forginess of sin. You are the first person saying it. Who do we believe, you or the apostles?
■ Now Jesus Christ taught that those that believe and are baptized would be saved. This should answer your question. Are you clear now
?
My response was not a quote of the person of Jesus Christ but more a summarizing of parts of His teachings. According to Him,
● a man must be born-again to enter into the Kingdom of God.
● Only those who are born-again can then go on to be set free from slavery to sin by the Truth of God.
● God does not answer the prayers of the righteous but He answers all of he petitions of those who are Holy and righteous including their requests for forgiveness of sins

Therefore, Baptism(born-again) is the gate way that lead to forgiveness of sins. undecided

2. John 3 vs 1 - 21 is Jesus Christ explaining that they are indeed saved from Death -- the condemnation of sin(not to be confused with sin itself)-- by way of the bonus Eternal life they receive just by signing up to the Kingdom of God. Jesus did not say anything about them being saved from sin. That assumption or leap was instead made by your person. undecided
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by michresa(m): 2:19pm On Aug 13, 2023
Let's use this scenario as an example,
You have a phone that has virus, and that phone has frustrated you by hanging, malfunctioning and all sorts, but one day you met someone who has Antivirus, he gave it to you and all d virus on your phone was cleared and your phone became almost new again, functioning perfectly well again.
The question then is, can your phone still contact virus?
Yes, if you allow it,
But wt d antivirus on your phone, it will keep fighting against it,
The antivirus can be said to be d word of God you keep in your heart,
It's not enough to be born again alone, bn careful and watchful is also much important.
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by tctrills: 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
My response was not a quote of the person of Jesus Christ but more a summarizing of parts of His teachings. According to Him,
● a man must be born-again to enter into the Kingdom of God.
● Only those who are born-again can then go on to be set free from slavery to sin by the Truth of God.
● God does not answer the prayers of the righteous but He answers all of he petitions of those who are Holy and righteous including their requests for forgiveness of sins

Therefore, Baptism(born-again) is the gate way that lead to forgiveness of sins. undecided

2. John 3 vs 1 - 21 is Jesus Christ explaining that they are indeed saved from Death -- the condemnation of sin(not to be confused with sin itself)-- by way of the bonus Eternal life they receive just by signing up to the Kingdom of God. Jesus did not say anything about them being saved from sin. That assumption or leap was instead made by your person. undecided

You are not still showing where Jesus Christ said baptism does not give a remission of sin so I assume that's just your personal opinion right?
Neither are you saying anything about Mark 16.16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Is it not clear that baptism brings about forgiveness of sin? This is what happens when you don't believe the Apostles of Christ. You end up being confused.
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2023
tctrills:
You are not still showing where Jesus Christ said baptism does not give a remission of sin so I assume that's just your personal opinion right?
■ Neither are you saying anything about Mark 16.16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Is it not clear that baptism brings about forgiveness of sin?
■ This is what happens when you don't believe the Apostles of Christ. You end up being confused.
1. Let me get this straight. Are you insinuating that it is OK to add ones own ideas to God's Law where God has not in fact said a thing? undecided

2. Saved from what? According to Jesus Christ, one who is baptized (born-again) is saved from Death aka the curse of sin(not to be confused with sin itself) - John 3 vs 1 -21 . Why are you desperate to add your own private ideas to God's Law? undecided

3. You believe the Apostles yet you think it makes sense to inject your own delusions into God's Law? I bet they are rolling in their graves right now. undecided
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by tctrills: 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Let me get this straight. Are you insinuating that it is OK to add ones own ideas to God's Law where God has not in fact said a thing? undecided
That's exactly the mistake you are making. Christ never said Baptism does not bring about forgiveness. That is your personal opinion.

2. Saved from what? According to Jesus Christ, one who is baptized (born-again) is saved from Death aka the curse of sin(not to be confused with sin itself) - [b]John 3 vs 1 -21 . Why are you desperate to add your own private ideas to God's Law? undecided[/b]
Now you are confused. Saved from sin and saved from the consequences of sin are not different. Again, you are projecting your opinion into the word of God. You believe that God will save those who are baptized but he will not forgive them? Is it even making sense to you?

3. You believe the Apostles yet you think it makes sense to inject your own delusions into God's Law? I bet they are rolling in their graves right now. undecided

They can't be rolling in their graves. Here are their very words.
Listen and learn.
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Now I ask, do we believe you or do we believe Jesus Christ and his apostles? Please try and answer this question.
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2023
rickleye:
Love this topic and was not surprised to see a certain someone here kobo… as usual I disagree with his POV ( 😜) but let’s address your comments.

■ A sinner by my understanding is someone who sins and dwells in that sin. He is someone who doesn’t even realize that he has committed an offence or has erred according to commandments. He might even know but is not making any conscious effort to get out of it or change.
■ Now, and as an example, I have done the altar call ( this is dogma ) just man’s tradition . You can be born again in your living room on a hospital bed. The reason a mog would say step forward is simply an act of faith and in the presence of witnesses that you have decided to be separate . What would happen next is a follow up to make sure you are armed with spiritual resources to strengthen you on your journey of being born again. You will then want to be baptized .
In some cases it could be one shot - you confess your sins and “ here is water “ step in and be a new creation.
1. Do you know why in the Old Law of Moses , sinners were required to bring sin/guilt offerings to God in order to be absolved of their sins? My guess is God didn't want them jumping to this same ridiculous conclusion that you here which is pretending God is moved by your so-called penitent heart when it comes to whether you are a sinner or not. lipsrsealed

A sinner is an unrighteous individual who commits sin. If does not mater whether said person is actively sinning or does so occasionally. Soon as the person is unholy, that person is a sinner - John 8 vs 31 - 38. undecided

2. What you describe is still nothing but dogma. undecided
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by Kei144(m): 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2023
Jn. 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jn. 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

Mk. 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
Mk. 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Anyone who receives God's word whole heartedly receives power to be a son of God. Therefore, when the good news of our redemption by Christ Jesus is preached, anyone who receives the goods news wholeheartedly and acts on it is redeemed. What does this redmption mean? It is that human beings descended from a son of God, Adam, who fell from glory when sin entered into him. Consequently, all descendants of Adam have sinful nature. Jesus Christ died as a sarifice of atonement for the sins of mankind, so that a human being could disconnect from descendancy of Adam and connect to the bloodline of the new glorious Adam, Jesus Christ. That is why Mk. 16:16 says that whoever believes and is baptized will be saved. Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ, done according to Mk. 16:16, disconnects a human being from descendancy of Adam and connects the human being to the bloodline of Jesus Christ.

Ro. 6:3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptised into Christ Jesus were baptised into his death?

Water baptism done to a person who has believed that Jesus Christ died for our redemption unites the person to the death (blood) of Jesus Christ. The person dies with Jesus by faith and rises up from the baptism a new human being--grafted into Jesus Christ. The person is born again into the bloodline of Jesus Christ.

Ac. 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Having been baptized into Jesus Christ, the person is now qualified to receive the Holy Spirit, which a persn still in the old Adam cannot receive.

Jn. 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Jesus Christ is the vine, the new Adam. All who are baptized into him are his branches or descendants. They begin their lives in the Holy Spirit exactly the same way Jesus Christ began (Mt. 3:16). You notice that shortly after jesus Christ received the Holy Spirit, he was moved by the Spirit into the wild, where he was tempted by Satan. Similarly, after a person is born again, temptations come like a flood. How does the born again overcome the temptation to sin? Well, when Satan comes like a flood, raise a standard against him (Is. 59:19. The standard is God's commandment that deals with what the temptation is all about. That was how Jesus Christ overcame Satan's temptation in the wild (Mt. 4:1-9). You can read more about power to live righteously at this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/7663419/he-called-gods-whom-word#122696699
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by emmy512: 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2023
alBHAGDADI:

The truth is you may not be genuinely born again, that is why you answer the altar call every now and then. A genuine born again Christian doesn't need to answer altar calls.

Being born again is a one time thing, not something that you do everytime, especially to escape from sin. When your parents gave birth to you, it happened once. Since then, you have not returned to your mother's womb to be born again by her, neither have you ceased being her child because you will always carry her DNA.

Your problem is that you don't understand what being born again means as used by Christians. The moment you believe that Jesus died for your sins to save you, in that instant, you become born again. That means you have experienced a new birth or a second birth. This second birth involves God who gives birth to you just as your mother gave birth to you. Your mother is a flesh, so when she gave birth to you, she gave birth to a flesh. This means you inherited her traits which includes a sinful nature, which is why you always sin. God is a spirit. When he gave birth to you, he gave birth to a spirit. That spirit now lives inside of your flesh. That spirit cannot sin because it inherited the traits of God who can never sin.

1 john 3:9 KJV
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

That is why true Christians believe you can never lose your salvation. Every sin you commit as a Christian is against your flesh and is committed in the flesh not the spirit. When you fornicate, your flesh is involved, not your saved spirit from God. But I ce you are not saved, your spirit suffers from sin as well as your flesh.

So, my friend, accept it that Jesus has saved you for all eternity and has given you eternal life as promised in John 3:6 for believing. Once you believe, your soul is more than 100% guaranteed of heaven and nothing can ever prevent you from that destination. However, if you sin, your flesh will be punished. For example, stealing is a sin. If you get caught stealing, you could go to jail, which is bad. However, when you die, those sins won't be held against your spirit because Jesus has been punished for them already. He has paid the price.

For more, visit my profile; you are likely to see a topic that will guide you properly.

Well said
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by erniok(m): 3:44pm On Aug 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. They both state that Jesus Christ is The Way to overcoming one's sin debt since He alone can take away one's sins. How? See John 8 vs 31 - 36.

2. You want me to disobey God's very own teaching and commandment? undecided
Oh!!!! Now jesus can take away one's sin. Just make up your mind already.
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2023
erniok:
■ Oh!!!! Now jesus can take away one's sin. Just make up your mind already.
i see you haven't been paying attention at all as you seem here to argue for the sake of arguing. undecided
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by erniok(m): 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
i see you haven't been paying attention at all as you seem here to argue for the sake of arguing. undecided
I give up. I guess you need to re-read your earlier posts. Seems you belong to JW sect.
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by Godmind2022(m): 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2023
litigator:
This is one area of our Biblical journey we often shy away from talking about.

I am certain I am not alone in this regard.

How does it feel if at 9. am on a Sunday morning, I come out for an altar call after a powerful heart-shattering and guilt-provoking sermon, give my life to Christ; I am prayed for and declare born again, but I unconsciously commit a sin on my way back home?

And with that guilt, I go back to sin full time like it was before the alter call?

I guess I am not alone in this regard. I have attended church services countless times and listened to sermons and teachings that I can't recollect, and at the end of such endeavour, I obey the alter call one minute, and the next minute, I am back to fornicating. This is one thing that has kept a lot of people out of this spiritual journey.

Even Pastors are not immune to sin, as some have found themselves committing sin at one point or the other. I guess Apostle Paul suffered same in the Bible. And this brings me to my question.

Does being again make you immune to sin, and is it a vaccine against sinning?

Is it that if I sin, it will no longer count against me because I have Grace?

Or is it a merry-go-round of sinning and asking for forgiveness shortly afterwards until we get better at not sinning anymore?

And if the latter is the case, why do churches hate and guilt-shame members when they sin but defend pastors when they do the same?

Please, WhatsApp me on 08088414431 if you are a sincere seeker
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by judedwriter(m): 4:29pm On Aug 13, 2023
litigator:

How does it feel if at 9. am on a Sunday morning, I come out for an altar call after a powerful heart-shattering and guilt-provoking sermon, give my life to Christ; I am prayed for and declare born again, but I unconsciously commit a sin on my way back home?

And with that guilt, I go back to sin full time like it was before the alter call?

I guess I am not alone in this regard. I have attended church services countless times and listened to sermons and teachings that I can't recollect, and at the end of such endeavour, I obey the alter call one minute, and the next minute, I am back to fornicating. This is one thing that has kept a lot of people out of this spiritual journey.

Even Pastors are not immune to sin, as some have found themselves committing sin at one point or the other. I guess Apostle Paul suffered same in the Bible. And this brings me to my question.

Or is it a merry-go-round of sinning and asking for forgiveness shortly afterwards until we get better at not sinning anymore?

And if the latter is the case, why do churches hate and guilt-shame members when they sin but defend pastors when they do the same?

When you are born again, it's your spirit that is renewed not your body.

The human body is sinful but your spirit is righteous because of Christ's presence by the Holy Spirit.

As long as you are in this body, you will always be prone to sin. However, the more you grow spiritually by reading the Word of God, praying and fasting, the more you live above the sinful tendency of the body.
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by Lovelydaisies: 4:34pm On Aug 13, 2023
Does paying tuition and other fees prevent you from being expelled if you commit an offence or from being punished? No.

Baptism takes away your original (sin of Adam) sin and welcomes you into God's family. That doesn't give you the license to keep sinning. Heaven no be your land. You must work out your salvation in fear and trembling.

God's grace is available to all. Repent truthfully and strive not to return to sin.
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by prepresh(f): 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2023
Not at all. The Bible says 'work out your salvation with fear and trembling. After being born again that's where the real work begins.
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2023
erniok:

I give up. I guess you need to re-read your earlier posts. Seems you belong to JW sect.
*** yawn*** undecided
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by TenQ: 5:46pm On Aug 13, 2023
litigator:

There is no where in the Bible where we pray to be Born Again. Being Born Again is FAITH in Christ as the Messiah to Free you from the nature of sin and a Bond to Him as his Servant.
It consist of Two things
1. Accepting Jesus as Saviour
Meaning : Recognision of Jesus as the Mediator and Redeemer from sin and it's consequence and the Door to Heaven
2. Accepting Jesus as Lord :
Meaning : Being a solemn commitment to live the totality of your life under the Leadership and Authority of God to Live your Life in Purity and Service to Him

The problem is that ALL Christians want Jesus as Saviour BUT maybe Not as Lord.

If Jesus is your Lord, you will strive to Live your Life in Purity. God is not mocked.

Response to am Alter call and being Born Again are completely different things.
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by Ojay0445(m): 5:58pm On Aug 13, 2023
We are spirit that owns a computer(soul/mind) living in your body....
So after u Reborn your spirit u still need to renew ur soul and keep your body under subjection.

Soul can be most dangerous enemy if we allow it to stay unrenew......
U don't renew it that's why u sin unconsciously again
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by Komo4JESUS(m): 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2023
Being born again simply means leaving ur old form of sinful acts gradually or totally and start living a HOLY and RIGHTEOUS life..then we can refer you as Born again
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by Abuventure: 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You are not aware of where in Scripture Jesus Christ Himself spoke of being born-again, of obeying His teachings and commandments, of Eternal Life? undecided
John 3:Jesus said no one will inherit the kingdom unless he is born of water and spirit.according to your logic no one will make heaven
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by Hintme: 8:32pm On Aug 13, 2023
litigator:

Your questions 2 and 4 are confusing. I am tempted to think you are a witness. (JW).

Can you juxtapose 2 with the concept of forgiveness of sins?

I will be grateful if you can relate it t your point 4. And my question is, how do you explain the concept of sin?

Cos, if you focus on the sin of the Bible alone, then marrying more than one wife might be considered a sin. Whereas, in Islam or some Western society, it is not.

Are you saying such a person will go to hell?

By my beliefs, I do not think God is affiliated with any religion, and the concept of sin is what your heart defines as one. If God is within you, He will let you know when you sin or are about to sin and rebuke you.

Perhaps I am having a hard time balancing my beliefs as an Omnist with the teachings of the Bible, and this is where I need your expertise.

bUT WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Start attending Church and ask questions from your pastor; he will guide you.

Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by HolyboiAy(m): 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2023
Giving your life to christ is more than that alter call you have answered overtime. It is a complete work and walk with processes attached.
When you come out for alter call you have yielded to the call of christ but after that call, you need to be discipled to the level that you will have the Holy spirit in you which will teach you all things. When the Holy spirit is in you, it becomes the major part of you. Don't easily fall in and out because you have a spirit that teaches you all things.

Now you are not immuned from sin when you give your life to christ, as a matter of fact children of God still FALL into sin but they are not sinners. There are people who sin and don't realise or feel it's a sin again, it has become their normal way of life but as a child of God when you fall into sin you are not at peace and you quickly confess your sin and repent of them genuinely.

So the devil is not going to rest and give up on anybody especially Christian, he will continue to bring temptation their way to make them enemies of God again. But when you are truly born again, it comes a fight between you and the devil.

This is my humble opinion.
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by Hintme: 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2023
alBHAGDADI:

The truth is you may not be genuinely born again, that is why you answer the altar call every now and then. A genuine born again Christian doesn't need to answer altar calls.

Being born again is a one time thing, not something that you do everytime, especially to escape from sin. When your parents gave birth to you, it happened once. Since then, you have not returned to your mother's womb to be born again by her, neither have you ceased being her child because you will always carry her DNA.

Your problem is that you don't understand what being born again means as used by Christians. The moment you believe that Jesus died for your sins to save you, in that instant, you become born again. That means you have experienced a new birth or a second birth. This second birth involves God who gives birth to you just as your mother gave birth to you. Your mother is a flesh, so when she gave birth to you, she gave birth to a flesh. This means you inherited her traits which includes a sinful nature, which is why you always sin. God is a spirit. When he gave birth to you, he gave birth to a spirit. That spirit now lives inside of your flesh. That spirit cannot sin because it inherited the traits of God who can never sin.

1 john 3:9 KJV
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

That is why true Christians believe you can never lose your salvation. Every sin you commit as a Christian is against your flesh and is committed in the flesh not the spirit. When you fornicate, your flesh is involved, not your saved spirit from God. But I ce you are not saved, your spirit suffers from sin as well as your flesh.

So, my friend, accept it that Jesus has saved you for all eternity and has given you eternal life as promised in John 3:6 for believing. Once you believe, your soul is more than 100% guaranteed of heaven and nothing can ever prevent you from that destination. However, if you sin, your flesh will be punished. For example, stealing is a sin. If you get caught stealing, you could go to jail, which is bad. However, when you die, those sins won't be held against your spirit because Jesus has been punished for them already. He has paid the price.

For more, visit my profile; you are likely to see a topic that will guide you properly.
Are you sure of this your doctrine? I completely disagree with you.
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by Chidolalar: 9:44pm On Aug 13, 2023
OBTOREPA:

No sir/ ma for it is written " Shall we continue in sin sin while the grace may abound?
God forbids, how can we who are dead to sin ,sin there after ?".
2 Cor. 5:17. Only said" If any man be in christ,he is a new creature, old things are passed away and behold all things are becomes new"
So what is now d final conclusion of d whole matter after misusing d grace of God and intentionally committing sin all bcuz we are saved by grace?
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by rickleye: 9:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Do you know why in the Old Law of Moses , sinners were required to bring sin/guilt offerings to God in order to be absolved of their sins? My guess is God didn't want them jumping to this same ridiculous conclusion that you here which is pretending God is moved by your so-called penitent heart when it comes to whether you are a sinner or not. lipsrsealed

A sinner is an unrighteous individual who commits sin. If does not mater whether said person is actively sinning or does so occasionally. Soon as the person is unholy, that person is a sinner - John 8 vs 31 - 38. undecided

2. What you describe is still nothing but dogma. undecided

We are not dealing with law of Moses but law of Christ. Where sin abounds Grace abounds much more. You cannot have confessed with your mouth and believe with your heart and be a sinner. As long as you are on this earth you’ll be confronted with decisions and one will err. To him that knows good and doesn’t do it - to him is sin. James 4:17.
Because I play soccer doesn’t mean I am a footballer . You must do so professionally - live and breathe it.
The same with being a Teacher - you have undergone certain training to become one.

We are born into Sin . Confessing with your mouth and believing with your heart gets you saved. Born Again. Saved from sin.

Commit a sin doesn’t remove that seal. But one will suffer the repercussions of a stunted growth . No fruit of the spirit etc.

I’d like one day for us to have a discussion cuz I know you and I will not come to same conclusion.
Re: Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? by djon78(m): 10:50pm On Aug 13, 2023
Many replies here are just theoretical not real life examples

For me being a Christian is progressive

Have more to deal with knowledge

If you read almost all of St Paul's Epistles
He always talked about growing in knowledge, the eye's of your understanding being enlightened etc

Being a Christian is just about growing in the knowledge of God

That someone came out for altar call and sins again
Does a baby grow up in a day?
No
A child takes time to grow from crawling to standing to walking to running

It's all about growing

By being taught and studying the Bible
You begin to grow daily

You will make mistakes
But the Lord will never condemn you
Rather He will keep on encouraging till you grow and you just can't find yourself doing somethings you used to do

That's what Christian Life is all about

And this takes time
It's not automatic at all

I remember coming across a clip by Joyce Meyer on television
Where she said, someone had been an unbeliever for 30 or 40 or 50 years of there life

And then would expect to overnight become big Giants
She said not at all

You serves sin for years
You have to give yourself time even years to begin to grow into a mature Christian

Also when you get mature
You understand that sin question has been dealt with once and for all by Christ

He paid the price
Therefore God is no longer imputing sin unto men like St Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 5
God is no longer imputing sin to the world, because Christ have already paid for the sin of the whole world as a sacrificial Lamb
He is just telling the world be reconciled to God simple

We just have to believe and accept what Christ did for us

With this understanding
Sin won't have Dominion over you
You live above sin
But if you make mistake
You ask for forgiveness and you believe that you are forgiven

But this comes with knowledge
Hearing the teaching of the word and studying God's word on your own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

God's Warning For Youth About Hell And Heaven / Why Do Married Women Respect Their Pastors More Than Their Husbands / Witchcraft Manipulations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.