Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? (21297 Views)

If God Gave You Same Blank Cheque As King Solomon, What Would You Fill? / House On The Rock Communion Day Outfits: Right Or Wrong? (Pics) / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by famozine1: 7:45am On Aug 13, 2023
There was a man named adonija, Solomon older brother he went to meet king Solomon mother Bethsheba to make a request that if possible king Solomon should give him the virgin girl given to their father king David when king Solomon was told his brother request he got angry and put him to death...
So here is my question bcoz am somehow confused is king Solomon action right or wrong

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by famozine1: 7:45am On Aug 13, 2023
1 Kings

English
2:16 Now I have one request to make of you. Do not refuse me.' 'You may make it,' she said.

English
2:17 So he continued, 'Please ask King Solomon-he will not refuse you-to give me Abishag the Shunammite as my wife.'

English
2:18 'Very well,' Bathsheba replied, 'I will speak to the king for you.'

English
2:19 When Bathsheba went to King Solomon to speak to him for Adonijah, the king stood up to meet her, bowed down to her and sat down on his throne. He had a throne brought for the king's mother, and she sat down at his right hand.

English
2:20 'I have one small request to make of you,' she said. 'Do not refuse me.' The king replied, 'Make it, my mother; I will not refuse you.'

English
2:21 So she said, 'Let Abishag the Shunammite be given in marriage to your brother Adonijah.'

English
2:22 King Solomon answered his mother, 'Why do you request Abishag the Shunammite for Adonijah? You might as well request the kingdom for him-after all, he is my older brother-yes, for him and for Abiathar the priest and Joab son of Zeruiah!'

English
2:23 Then King Solomon swore by the LORD: 'May God deal with me, be it ever so severely, if Adonijah does not pay with his life for this request!

English
2:24 And now, as surely as the LORD lives-he who has established me securely on the throne of my father David and has founded a dynasty for me as he promised-Adonijah shall be put to death today!'

English
2:25 So King Solomon gave orders to Benaiah son of Jehoiada, and he struck down Adonijah and he died.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by advanceDNA: 8:47am On Aug 13, 2023
famozine1:
There was a man named adonija, Solomon older brother he went to meet king Solomon mother Bethsheba to make a request that if possible king Solomon should give him the virgin girl given to their father king David when king Solomon was told his brother request he got angry and put him to death...
So here is my question bcoz am somehow confused is king Solomon action right or wrong

Solomon considered adonija's action as being covetous of the what belongs to the king's office....he not only wanted the girl, he wanted the throne.......its a treasonable offence..
..its Solomon's discretion to either put such a person to death or not...in my opinion...he would be stupíd to leave such a person alive...

.. however we are in mordern times that laws are different....even kings do not have final say over capital punishment....

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by mrjoeblinks: 9:21am On Aug 13, 2023
Ehen?
Here to hear
Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by FalseProphet1(m): 9:21am On Aug 13, 2023
You see after David killed Uriah and stole his wife Bathsheba, God cursed David's lineage and said that even though he committed the sin in secrete, he would bear the same publicly.

Ammon raped his sister Tamar.

Absolom killed his brother Ammon for raping his sister Tamar.

Absolom had sex with David's concubines on the roof for all Israel to see.

Solomon killed his brother Adonija because of a girl.

Solomon went on to have over 700 wives and 300 concubines of which I'm very sure that girl he killed his brother for was among.

This was happening because David their father couldn't keep his díck one place.

This I have seen.

182 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:21am On Aug 13, 2023
So Adonijah was saying since Our Father David doesn't want to Fcvk the Girl,
make them give me the Babe nah.😎

Solomon was WRONG and harsh.😕

Just Warn and let the Man go. 🤨🙂

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by immortalmortal: 9:22am On Aug 13, 2023
That's treason. Those days it was considered a treasonable offence if you slept with the king's wife or concubines or anyone the king has obviously slept with, let alone marriage.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by SoftP(m): 9:22am On Aug 13, 2023
Though Adonija’s intentions wasn’t pure,
but that was a humble request which could have been refused,
more also, he politely approached Solomon’s mother first!
but a King does not takes calmly whatever poses a threat to his leadership!

Besides; Solomon does not also joke With anything that concerns his libido,
just like his Father who killed the husband of his mother(Uriah) just to possess her.

It’s hereditary

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by BigDawsNet: 9:23am On Aug 13, 2023
Why Solomon Executed Adonijah

Adonijah Was Still Plotting Against Him

Solomon had to execute Adonijah his brother because the mere fact Adonijah could ask for his father's concubine is a sign he was still conspiring behind the scenes to oust him. If Solomon had not acted or didn't discern the implications of that request, he would have been known to be weak and naive. This would have further given the conspirators some leverage to facilitate a civil war later in Solomon's reign.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by GanagiBeetrus: 9:23am On Aug 13, 2023
Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 9:23am On Aug 13, 2023
Solomon had wisdom knowledge and understanding but no invention has been traced to him. He only build temple and married many wives and concubines. What a waste!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by Goodlyhrt(m): 9:23am On Aug 13, 2023
Wahala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by Nyanabo(m): 9:23am On Aug 13, 2023
If that single request was granted, he would one day come back in like manner to demand for the throne .

Secondly demanding for the wife of the dead King David can be seen as treason.This was done in order to ensure a smooth transition of power and to maintain stability in the kingdom. Solomon only did that to cement his grip on the throne.

That's the method Tinubu want to use. That's why we can see him trying so hard to go to war with Niger to ensure his continuous stay in power. But he would be disappointed. I believe that's why the PEPT are yet to give their verdict.

7 Likes

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by Nairalander248: 9:24am On Aug 13, 2023
Hmm
Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by Adesina18111(m): 9:24am On Aug 13, 2023
Gd
Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by President2001(m): 9:24am On Aug 13, 2023
Very simple sir, God did not support that requesting for your father's wife
Reuben do it and regret
What Solomon done is good

5 Likes

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:25am On Aug 13, 2023
Solomon was inspired na!

Songs of Solomon!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by Wisejohnson47(m): 9:25am On Aug 13, 2023
High brother has no right to ask for his father's wife, he should as well ask for the throne

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by Ferdinandu(m): 9:25am On Aug 13, 2023
advanceDNA:

Solomon considered adonija's action as being covetous of the what belongs to the king's office....he not only wanted the girl, he wanted the throne.......its a treasonable offence..
..its Solomon's discretion to either put such a person to death or not...in my opinion...he would be stupíd to leave such a person alive...

.. however we are in mordern times that laws are different....even kings do not have final say over capital punishment....
So invariable many of the things in the bible are no longer acceptable today
Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by pol23: 9:25am On Aug 13, 2023
Solo was said to be very wise.
But when you think about how human gas evolved and the kind of understanding we have now… you will know lots of things if not everything recorded in the Bible are bizarre.
Because you’re a King, you killed your own elder brother… The Bible have a way of painting some very evil thing good.
They will say he’s God favorite because of somethings he did…
Back to your question Oga OP… what he did was evil and extra wickedness.. telling your mum you will kill your elder brother… that Solomon go even wicked pass Buhari and Tinubu combine…
Thank God say na Tinubu be Nigeria president no be president Solomon… He for just order execution of a whole state.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by BoldBrainz(m): 9:25am On Aug 13, 2023
Abeg wetin be this?
Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by deltateam: 9:26am On Aug 13, 2023
I think it was an insult to the throne and a disrespect to David..

I believe it was also a plot to usurp Solomon.

Don't you think? Of all the maidens of the land, it was David's maiden, more like his wife he chose.

Omo na fkup.

6 Likes

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by Nobleou(m): 9:26am On Aug 13, 2023
Are we in church here?
Goan ask that question in the church
Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by pradoyeep: 9:26am On Aug 13, 2023
Are there no ladies around? Must it be the one for Solomon?

7 Likes

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by Badgers14: 9:26am On Aug 13, 2023
grin
Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by illicit(m): 9:27am On Aug 13, 2023
Adonijah was already guilty of death for rebelling against his dad, king David

When King David was dying, he instructed Solomon to put some collaborators and offenders to death albeit diplomatically

So that was it...

King Solomon was waiting for the opportunity...

When Adonijah approached King Solomon's mum, Batsheiba, to talk to the king for him so as to marry king David's last wife.
That was the last straw that broke his camels spine...

It was easily perceived that he wasn't contented with his position/situation and wanted more

Very soon, he might want the throne

So Solomon just carried out his father's last instruction

He wasn't wrong

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by DenreleDave(m): 9:27am On Aug 13, 2023
grin grin
Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by tommy589(m): 9:27am On Aug 13, 2023
Op is talking as if he did not know Solomon character. His eyes was already on the virgin girl and he wanted to hijack her.
But this their family get as e be,killing because of covetousness. That was how his father killed Uriah
Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by Donald7610: 9:27am On Aug 13, 2023
He has committed offence before the event

The tension between Adonijah and Solomon had been longstanding. Adonijah was older than Solomon and therefore, under normal circumstances, in line before Solomon for the throne. But God promised that Solomon would be king. Adonijah had already attempted to set himself up as king while David was still alive; when David was notified of the plot, he quickly made Solomon’s kingship official (1 Kings 1:38–40).

12 Likes

Re: Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? by Exmilitant(m): 9:28am On Aug 13, 2023
Keep debating over characters in Jewish people's fables.
Black Monkeys.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Oritsejafor Drags Fashola To Court Over Planned Demolition Of Church / 2019: Mbaka Tells Nigerians To Brace Up For More Difficult Times / Pastor Penuel Mnguni Feeds Members With Rice And Worm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.